Bedtime Routine

Eirlys

Hey Eirlys, yep it is a bit crazy - I just want to do ALL THE THINGS! Thanks, the cold is better now, I think this bedtime goal has done wonders for my recovery time. Weekends are much more chilled out, usually dance on Saturdays (but rarely work, usually just for me so that's fun), followed by friend things and then rowing Sunday morning followed by massive chilling out! What about you, how goes the sleeping?

Hi Ems

I definitely understand the desire to do ALL THE THINGS!!! :D  I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sleeping has been variable but I had a good night yesterday and haven't been feeling too tired during the day.

My mp3 player surprised me by playing System of a Down at 9am this morning but it did leave me feeling quite energised in the morning.  I'm now thinking that identifying some 'energy tracks' to get me going may help kick-start the day, as I'm not a morning person!

Okay, I guess this is the last update I get to do tonight or I'm going to miss the planned early bedtime!  Gah, so frustrating!! :)

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

My mp3 player surprised me by playing System of a Down at 9am this morning but it did leave me feeling quite energised in the morning.  I'm now thinking that identifying some 'energy tracks' to get me going may help kick-start the day, as I'm not a morning person!

haha, system of a down will certainly wake you up in the morning! Energy tracks sounds like a good idea :)

I didn't realize before how much the sleep affects my mood. One night this week I stayed up late arguing with a series of Verizon reps - didn't get to bed until around 11, didn't sleep well, and was totally bummed out and dragging all the next day. Gave up and crawled into bed at 8:30.... And woke up ready to fight some dragons! Last night 9:30. Feeling great this morning!

This is so worth being more intentional about. :)

I also have noticed this! Some nights I hate going to bed at the right time but its soooo worth it in the morning and the rest of the day! 

'The only Limits you have, are the ones You set for yourself'

1    2

Okay!  We're a third of the way now through the challenge, so let's have a roll-call!

What are you finding:

- works for you?

- has been impeding you in any way?

Have you needed to adjust your routine in any way?  Are you noticing any benefits yet?

And are you still committed to the goal?

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Facebook

Melatonin has been a big help with getting to sleep.  Setting boundaries with kids (no screens after 9 pm; if you need help with something, ask EARLY in the evening) has been difficult, but critical.

I've gotten in my own way by getting engrossed in TV or reading and staying up too late.  I also have had a few nights I JUST couldn't sleep.  I was up till 7 am yesterday.

I've significantly adjust my goal, aiming for 11:30 pm this week instead of 10:00 pm for the whole challenge.  I'll move the time to 15 min earlier after I've gotten to sleep on time for a week or so.

I'm still committed, and finally making some progress.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

It's weird being more conscious of how the timing of my sleep affects me, but not having a specified bedtime as a challenge goal. I'm focusing on the things I do before be to get ready for the next day, and I'm doing very well with my setup so far. I started just laying out the next day's clothes. At this point, I:

- lay out tomorrow's clothing and shoes

- lay out a workout outfit

- fill a water bottle

- roll out my yoga mat

- set the family's vitamins and medications out on the breakfast table

- hang fresh towels in the bathroom

- go quickly through today's todo list and either check things off or bump them to another day

My list takes about two minutes to do - maybe a bit longer if I haven't picked out my clothes for the work week yet. And my morning goes much easier now.

I'm honestly afraid to commit myself to a bed time, because its so hard to hold myself to, I dot want to beat myself up (more than I already do) over nights when I stay up too late), and I want to keep my focus on the other habits my challenge is building. But I can see the worth of the goal, and it's something I want for my future.

Perhaps it will be a challenge goal in the coming months (too many things to pick from, eek!)

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

The relaxed bedtime is helping a lot.  I've made it into bed on time four days in a row!  And actually fallen asleep soon after.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

It's so quiet! Almost a week since anyone posted here.... I guess everyone must be sleeping? Good job!

Hey, you can't just sleep your way through this challenge! Wake up, guys!

I mean...

Well....

at least post occasionally!

Haha, yep we are going through a bit of a posting lull! Not much to report my end, sleep is going very well and I'm feeling so much better for it. Long may it continue :) How are you doing Draco?

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

Not so well. Stress has been keeping me up nights - bills, paperwork, my daughter's upcoming surgery, etc. and then extra hours at work. So my sleep has been better. :)

But I changed my challenge goals mid-stream to get caught up on my paperwork backlog - hopefully that part will get worked out soon.

Surgery tomorrow for Riley (my three year old) - "minor" surgery, but prayers are always appreciated.

Well, I´m trying to focus on my life goal (write my dissertation) so everything else is on hold.

I´m sleeping at least 6 hours per night (or stay in bed for this amount) so I think that isn´t so bad.

But, the goal itself is on break! rs (lol) 

Hope Riley's surgery goes well, Draco - all the best for that.

My sleep goal is currently coming second to a frenetic learning+work goal and I am having some sleeping difficulties (e.g. nodding off / waking up in the middle of the night - like now!) But I only have to get through to the weekend & can then start chilling (I really hope!)

-- Facebook

Sometimes juggling multiple goals feels like this:

I am falling asleep sooner, and staying asleep better.  I've revised goals, and am asleep before 11:30 most nights which is progress for me.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

Judith Viorst

Riley's recovering fine now, though she's supposed to eat only soft or mushy foods for a while.

Epic fail on sleeping last night - details in my challenge thread if you're interested.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines