[Georges] Accountability supports my goals.

Realized I haven't posted in ages... haven't really wanted to post negative stuff.

Nothing particularly bad has happened, but nothing good has, either.

Workouts have been about once a week, although I made it 2 times last week.

New meds are making me queasy most days, but not so bad that I can't eat.

I'm really, really thankful that my doctors let me know a realistic timeframe - I knew that it takes a week or two for a new 'one-a-day' medicine to really get up to the right level in the body, but I would be very discouraged if they hadn't let me know that it would be an additional week or two before feeling any improvement.

Food has been less than ideal.  I tend to compromise when I'm queasy, too eat things that will make me feel better.  More buffering tends to fewer veggies.  Plus comfort food.

I just haven't been using mfp at all, or weighing in.

Cardio hasn't been happening at all.

The house is less of a wreck, thanks to Mr.Georges' mum, and I've been keeping that up.  Upkeep is always easier, and when I'm not motivated, I can think of the work she put in and then it feels like I would be disrespecting that time and effort if I didn't do upkeep, so I do.

So, that's about all for the past 11 days.

Looking forward, my biggest obstacle is apathy.  Depression means I haven't been feeling any desire for improvement.  My best hope is that the meds kick in and I start to feel again (at all, really, but I was thinking 'feel like myself again' when I started typing that).  Until then, I'm kind of treading water, trying to get through the holiday(s) and job searching.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

That's a rough spot to be in. Hope the meds work out! 

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

I'm looking forward to the next 6-Week Challenge!  It's so good to look forward to something again.

• Like 1

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.

This week has been a bit rocky, but today I threw & stacked firewood (because it had to be done, not because I wanted to), and I've been getting outside more in general.

Sadly, I need to adjust my progress bar again.  I guess I'll find out during January whether or not my meds affect my weight, as I start to eat better again.  (Probably won't be able to tell in the few days left in December.)

Mulling over my short, medium, and long term goals a bit.  Some are obvious to me, but hard to categorize onto a time-scale.  And some are just big, ambiguous questions, like: "What do I want to do with my life?"

Edit to add: updating my sig, I see that it would take just 6.87 miles to hit 300 miles of running for 2015...

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Congrats on the running!

• Like 1

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Congrats on the running!

Thanks!  :)

I decided not to push to 300 miles, but 293.13 feels not-too-shabby, especially in light of how my autumn went.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Makin' Them Resolutions

I took a look at my Epic Quest list, highlighted everything that wouldn't be impossible to achieve in 2016.

Added my Not-Really-Epic goal/wish list.

Far too many things to get done in 2016, but not too many things to work toward in 2016.

Made 12 spaces on a page, one for each month...

January:

1. hang up a pullup bar again (for bodyweight rows) by the 15th
  2. post on the facebooks to reach out to old friends by the 15th
  3. track my water intake
  4. keep getting out of the house for at least 15 minutes each day (started in Dec.)
  5. restart my 5-a-day veggies
  6. make at least one visit to my family
  7. more time with Mr. Georges (will determine a measure with him)

Some of that will be incorporated into the next Challenge - the latest news at the top of the page

implies that we're still looking at SMART goals, 3 fitness & 1 life...

This is gonna be legendary.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Jan 1, 2016 (yesterday)

weigh in: 176.0  :(

So, I'll start putting my progress bar on the 7-day average again, after 7 days.

Tracked my water & drank plenty :)

Got out for 15 minutes :)

Tracked my veggies and ate very few :/

Spent time w/ Mr.Georges :) (but still need to talk about goal measures)

All-in-all, a pretty low-key, sustainable, momentum-building day.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

hey girl :)

ltns :) 

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

hey girl :)

ltns :)

:)  I'll be here more

How's Texas treatin' you?

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Jan 2, 2016 (yesterday)

weigh in: 176.0

Tracked my water & drank plenty :) Tracking is such a good goal, because it seems to be the number one factor in whether I drink water or not.

Got out for 15 minutes :) Cleared some more snow from our walkway.  Sad to find out how much my muscles are gone, glad to be doing something about it.

Tracked my veggies and ate very few, but better than yesterday.

Didn't really spend time w/ Mr.Georges :( except to nap because we were both exhausted.

Still feeling good about it all, in an I'm-on-my-way kind of way.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Jan 3, 2016

weigh in: 175.0

Working on my Current Challenge.

It's hard to face where I am now, but I will.

(Edit to add)

Tracked my water & drank plenty :)

Got out for about 10 minutes instead of 15... :/

Tracked my veggies and ate lots more than I have been :)

Didn't really spend much time w/ Mr.Georges but got in a quick back rub.

So, I'll be over at the current challenge (linky above) through the 29th. 

I'm excited about it.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

As of Jan 29

1. Track & Drink Water: 23/26 days at or above 8 cups of water.  88%

2. Eat more Freggies: 99.5/130.  76%

3. Workouts: 3 total in 26 days... goal would have been 11 or 12, so 25%

4. Reconnecting: 20/26 days getting out, plus my facebook post, but no visit to my family or friends.  77%

Neither the best, nor the worst attempt I've had.

There's the numbers.

As for the feels,

it's been a rough month, but I knew it would be.

I'm frustrated and angry at where I'm at, how much work I've made for myself, how long and awful the journey is gonna be.

I know I'm doing well, or at least doing as well as can be expected.

Mostly, I know this because of counseling, which means I have to remind myself.

So, onwards and upwards.

Additionally, I just bumped my progress bar from 0% up to 3%, which represents 1.5 pounds lost by simply eating more fruit and vegetables and drinking more water.  (Not tracking or restricting my calories at this time.)

Mulling over my next challenge... February.

Here's what I'm looking at targeting:

Keep:

• 8 cups of water daily
  • 5 servings of fruits & veg daily
  • 15 minutes minimum outside daily
  • spend time with Mr.Georges daily

Start:

• workout 20 minutes, 3 times per week (did not do this in January)
  • hang the pullup bar (did not do this in January)
  • visit my family (did not do this in January)
  • declutter for 4 hours.  (15 minutes/day, 4x week goal)
  • start the habit of overnight oats for breakfast.  (20/25 days goal)
  • cook.  (haven't smartened this goal up yet)

That's about what I feel like I can take on.  If I'm doing well, I'd like to expand my focus to include improving my housework, working on the house repairs (as money permits), and searching for a better job.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Congrats on your progress :D

• Like 1

Congrats on your progress :D

Thanks!  Slow, but hopefully steady!  :)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thanks!  Slow, but hopefully steady!  :)

You and me both :)

How's it going?

How's it going?

It's not going great, but I'm holding it together a lot better than the end of 2015. :)

Somehow, I missed your new challenge until now, but now that I've found it,

congratulations on 60+ days of walking everyday!! 

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Thanks! I wasn't able to update my signature/links for a while and finally had access to computer that let me.  

Glad to hear things are better than they were previously! That's still progress :)

• Like 1

Heyla, it's new challenge day! Have you joined? If not, want to?

Also, what's gone well this last week?

Oh where, oh where had Georges gone, oh where oh where can she be???

Sorry, feeling silly and wanted to see how you're doing :)