[Georges] Accountability supports my goals.

That's awesome!

My allergies are more of the snot and eye crud than lungs. All my docs are apprised I breathe as well as I do with my lung disease (and the fact that I don't need rescue inhalors.that baffles them)

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Friday, July 31, 2015

Last night: success!  did dishes, did PM routine.

AM weigh in: 154.5 lbs

lifted at the gym - went well, except that I had to skip overhead press.  Weird pain in my right arm.  Did warmup sets of bench press instead.  Also, deadlifted for the first time in a very long time, just to see how it would go.  My grip strength is weaker-than-a-kitten's, but my muscles did okay, so I'll be starting that again once a week.

Plan for today:

continue laundry

work (3-11)

moar veggies

PM routine

early bedtime - work is 7 am on Saturday.

Current Focus Points

lifting - full workouts instead of half-assed, rushed workouts

running - before I lose all the progress I've worked so hard for!

FlyLady - I don't know if I tried to ramp it up too quickly last time or what, but it totally didn't go well during the last 6-Week Challenge.

work improvement - still a lot to learn.

Eating - like an athlete.  I'm planning on switching to weight maintenance at 150 lbs or the end of August.  I'm pretty close, but I've been eating haphazardly for the last week or so.

• Like 1

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Friday, July 31, 2015

Last night: success!  did dishes, did PM routine.

AM weigh in: 154.5 lbs

lifted at the gym - went well, except that I had to skip overhead press.  Weird pain in my right arm.  Did warmup sets of bench press instead.  Also, deadlifted for the first time in a very long time, just to see how it would go.  My grip strength is weaker-than-a-kitten's, but my muscles did okay, so I'll be starting that again once a week.

Plan for today:

continue laundry  check

work (3-11)  check

moar veggies  check

PM routine  check (given that I've already decided that 11 pm workdays = partial PM routine)

early bedtime - work is 7 am on Saturday.  check

mfp #'s for Friday:  232 under calorie target (probably because I've been over the past few days), 120 g protein, 25 g fiber, 50% iron, 5+ fruit&veg.

Saturday, August 1

AM weigh in: 153.0 lbs

managed to eat before work, yay!

worked 7 - ~4:30

Ate A Lot at work

home now, exhausted.

tried to get my air pump working to get my bicycle road-ready.  replaced batteries, then found the blown fuse.  No stores open where I live.

Plan for the rest of the day:

fold/putaway laundry

put off running until tomorrow

clean stovetop?

color hair?

take a nap

pick up Mr.Georges from work (~10:30 or 11 pm)

PM routine (including dishes & cat boxes)

Sleep before going back for another 7-3 shift (with long run planned after).

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.

it's been a couple days :) how was your long run with Mr Georges :) 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

August 6....

So, August is the busy month (and a half) at work.

I'm missing workouts left and right.

I'm eating poorly.

I'm not getting enough rest.

I think I'm switching to minimum-maintenance mode for a bit, at least until I'm back down to 40-ish hour workweeks.

:(

Today is my day off this week

:)

Spoiler

-John Wooden

it's been a couple days :) how was your long run with Mr Georges :)

Blargh. 

No long run has occurred yet.  :(

I guess I underestimated August.

Things are stupid-busy, and I'm just trying to will my way through the month.

But I have hopes and plans for today (day off from work).

Wish me luck?

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Good luck!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

Hugs honey. It's hard when you're working more than 40 hours :(

hmmmm... sent by magic.... or fairies.... or small woodland creatures maybe? how does this thing work?

Spoiler

Trainwreck August Update

I finally got a long run in, on Thursday.

It went badly.

Badly enough that I skipped yoga, and Friday's workout.

But I got it done.

Other than that, I'm still just trying not to spiral downward with eating/inactivity.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

are you still working crazy hours?

Spoiler

Sometimes stopping or slowing the downward spiral is enough progress; at least you'll have less climbing to do when you can finally get your feet under you again.

Hope today is better than expected!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Trainwreck August Update: Sorting through the rubble?

Finally have 2 days off, so I'll probably be right around 40 hours again this week.

It is incredible how much better I feel this morning, after a proper night's sleep.

Of course, there's a ton of crap to catch up on, so it won't be a restful "weekend,"

but it will be nice to get stuff done & not be at work.

I'm a little down about the fact that my weight has either stalled or started increasing, and my lifting has definitely suffered, and last weeks run indicated some losses there, too.

But now I feel like I can work on those things again.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Trainwreck August - "Weekend" Update

The good: Wednesday, I lifted.  Upper body work.  I did a 10 mile run yesterday, and it went okay (although it was harder than it should have been).  I went to yoga, which was also harder than it should have been.

The bad: I didn't get much else done this weekend - a little laundry, dishes, that's about it.  I'm not recovered well enough to lift this morning.  My weight has definitely bumped up to about 155.

I'm not feeling ready for another 5 days of work.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

good luck!

• Like 1

Trainwreck August - "Weekend" Update

It's 82 F on the thermometer outside (in the shade), NOAA says 74% relative humidity.  I don't feel too bad about my decision to not run today.  (Woke up still feeling 'off' from yesterday's heat stress.)

Making it through the halfway point of August has helped my mindset, but I'm really just trying to keep my head above water still.

August mantra:  When you're going through hell, keep going.

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Yeah, stopping in hell sounds like a painful decision :P

Tomorrow is September, and that's when I'm re-starting some stuff:

regular (MWF) lifting

5-a-day fruits & veggies

more than one run a week

Pretty basic.  I'll add in housework, weightloss, other stuff as I get going.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sept 1, 2015

weigh in: 156.5 lbs

worked 12- 8 , didn't get much else done today.

Did get my 5+ fruits&veggies  :)

Looking forward to lifting tomorrow.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sept 2, 2015

weigh in: 154.0 lbs (much more like normal)

day off, got a little housework done today.

Lifted at the gym (squats warmups, OHP, abductor/adductor, back extensions, assisted pullups)

Did get my 5+ fruits&veggies  :)

Long run tomorrow... would be more excited about it if it weren't going to be so hot out.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sept. 3, 2015

weigh in:155

day off.  got some more housework done, mostly sorting through old clutter.

didn't run (too hot).

did go to yoga, last class :(

didn't get all 5 fruits&veg... probably 3 or 3.5

going to look around the forum for yoga youtube recommendations

and then off to bed so I can get up at dawn to run.  :/

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sept 4, 2015 (yesterday)

forgot to weigh in

got up several hours early to run 15 miles

it was very slow

then worked 8 hours

got 3.5 or maybe 4 out of 5 servings of fruit/veg.  :(

sore and tired.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sept. 5 (Saturday) (yesterday)

weigh in 158.0  :(

I've been eating poorly.

about 3 servings of veggies.

worked.

Need to focus a bit more on my goals:

• eat better (fruits & veggies)
  • run more
  • lift more

It's really not that hard.

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Belated Updates:

Sept 6 (Sunday) and Sept 7 (Monday)

Still not really focused on goals.

Trying to reboot today.

Shocked and saddened by today's weigh in:158.5

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Sept 8

Had to work "early" 10 - 6 pm

just happens to be the hours the gym is open.

ran ~4.4    (mapmyrun says 4.25 miles) miles after work.

:)

Didn't do so great on the veggies front (~2 servings).

• Like 1

Spoiler

-John Wooden

Wednesday, Sept 9 (yesterday)

weigh in 156.5

Pulled the dryer apart (much more than I needed to) to diagnose...

Got to the point where I need another set of hands, which means it's on hold until Mr.Georges helps me.

hoping to only need to replace the fuse for the heater & reassemble.

Didn't workout.

Probably 2? servings of veg.

Thursday, Sept 10

weigh in 154.5

"workout" was stacking firewood.

probably 2 or 3 servings of veg so far (not had dinner yet)

feeling a bit discouraged at

• my uneasiness with the chainsaw
  • the fact that this computer won't run the stuff I want it to run so I can program
  • heading into another workweek as tired as ever

Spoiler

-John Wooden