Hiraedd: Determined and Confident

Hiraedd

I DID IT!

I talked to my coworker.

He was, not surprisingly, a bit weird about it (pretended at first he didn't know what I was talking about, then tried to "explain" it away), but that's okay.  In my own quiet, mostly non-confrontational way, I started by apologizing if he thinks I haven't been friendly since the start of the year (I've been avoiding him) but that I have a large personal space and when he touched me while we talked this summer it made me very uncomfortable.  I told him not to do it again.  He didn't apologize, mostly just kind of shrugged it off, but at least the conversation happened and now we're both sure of where we stand.  I was just about sick to my stomach, but I DID IT!  A year ago I never would have had the personal strength;  I love NF and each and every one of you who have had a part in building me up.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

And thanks for all the congrats on my weight, too :)  I am still excited about it.  

@AB, I definitely will still celebrate when the 10-day average dips below -- that's what I ACTUALLY count.  This was more of a mini-woot.  I'll be looking forward to the smokey eye pics!  

And @Beks, that's a great idea.  I haven't had the money to buy something more permanent yet (I don't get paid between June 25 and September 25), but something to fill the gap would be good.  Although, I might just take myself shopping for new clothes, since I can justify those more easily.... :)

Happy NFiversary, Laureleye!  Wait, you're a ranger?  I missed your graduation?!?  So proud of you!!!  That is awesome!

In case you can't tell, I'm having a great day.  I walked, I've tracked my food, and I'm feeling fantastic.  That conversation being over means a weight off my shoulders I've carried for almost 3 months, and I proved to myself that I can stand up for myself, even if it takes me a while.  Honestly, I hardly know how today could be better.  Hugs to you all!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

HIRA!!!!!

just because he didn't apologize... and he acted like a poopy snot face.... that doesn't mean you weren't AWESOME!!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

image_zps2581b39c.jpg

OMG <3333333 You are the Hero!!! I am SO proud of you!!!!! AND I dont know how I got distracted and didnt mention it....oooooh shiny......ok, yeah I do, but it's no less fantabulous that you are under 300!!!!!!

Don't EVER forget that you are awesome and amazing and beautiful and that some boys are dumb and you have to kick them in the face for them to not be loser assholes, but that makes YOU even more awesome that you still did it!!! :glomp:

You just made my day! I <3 you!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Well Done, HIRA!!!  You superstar you!!  I can't see how your day could get bad - because being proud of oneself is possibly the best feeling in the world (especially when it's a feeling you're not particularly used). 

YAY!!!

3Zi8O1m.gif

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hi all!

Couldn't get a ring I liked in my size last night (I wear 2 whole ring sizes smaller than I used to, but apparently still a little too big), so they have to see if they can order one (and its a $20 ring.  yeesh.  so complimicated).  Walked to work today, tracked my food, forgot something in my car and had to walk double the distance, skipped with some kids during recess, and ran to make some kids hurry up at the end of gym.  Yup, active day, and I still feel pretty good.  Just have to practice my makeup tonight and I'll be hitting A's across the board for the week.  Also, tomorrow is my epic workout day, and I'm really excited.  I can't wait!

...Hopefully it doesn't kill me...

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I DID IT!

I talked to my coworker.

He was, not surprisingly, a bit weird about it (pretended at first he didn't know what I was talking about, then tried to "explain" it away), but that's okay.  In my own quiet, mostly non-confrontational way, I started by apologizing if he thinks I haven't been friendly since the start of the year (I've been avoiding him) but that I have a large personal space and when he touched me while we talked this summer it made me very uncomfortable.  I told him not to do it again.  He didn't apologize, mostly just kind of shrugged it off, but at least the conversation happened and now we're both sure of where we stand.  I was just about sick to my stomach, but I DID IT!  A year ago I never would have had the personal strength;  I love NF and each and every one of you who have had a part in building me up.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

In case you can't tell, I'm having a great day.  I walked, I've tracked my food, and I'm feeling fantastic.  That conversation being over means a weight off my shoulders I've carried for almost 3 months, and I proved to myself that I can stand up for myself, even if it takes me a while.  Honestly, I hardly know how today could be better.  Hugs to you all!

So incredibly proud of you!! Reading this made me smile so much! I love seeing other people succeed and face their fears. Its so inspiring and just what I needed after this long week. Lol

Hi all!

Couldn't get a ring I liked in my size last night (I wear 2 whole ring sizes smaller than I used to, but apparently still a little too big), so they have to see if they can order one (and its a $20 ring.  yeesh.  so complimicated).  Walked to work today, tracked my food, forgot something in my car and had to walk double the distance, skipped with some kids during recess, and ran to make some kids hurry up at the end of gym.  Yup, active day, and I still feel pretty good.  Just have to practice my makeup tonight and I'll be hitting A's across the board for the week.  Also, tomorrow is my epic workout day, and I'm really excited.  I can't wait!

...Hopefully it doesn't kill me...

Yay for A's across the board! Looking forward to seeing you rock your epic workout day :D

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

Hi Sammie!  Good to see you! *waves*

Today was FANTASTIC!  I accomplished so much, including the start of a new vanity for my bedroom.  I love it!  I also took a picture of my latest makeup practice and if someday the forums and my phone will cooperate I'll post it (technology, sheesh.)  Anyway, so much fun in my workout.  It went like this:

Tuck Jump: 8,8

Spiderman Incline pushups (4th stair): 8,8

bulgarian split squat (ouch): 8 each leg

reverse lateral lunge (? I felt like a pretzel!): 8 each leg

floor dips: 0 (couldn't get my shoulders turned far enough to keep my hands in position.  Stretched my shoulders instead)

drinking bird deadlifts: 2 each side.  (So wobbly after all that weird jumping and squatting -- I just couldn't keep my balance!)

It was great to try out some new moves.  My body did not like it much, and I immediately got stuffed up and had a sore throat, but I didn't sit down right away and that helped a lot (helps it not reflux as badly).  I am hoping a good week's rest will heal it up so I can do it again.

I tried my makeup again, which puts me at 4 for the week!  As mentioned, pictures to come. :)  And I opened my NF shirt.  It is now hanging on my wardrobe, taunting me "wear me....wear me..." but I have 4 more practice sessions that are way more intense before I can move on to that.

And overall, just a productive day.  I washed laundry and dried it and folded it and put it away (well, mostly).  I painted the first coat on the spindles for the safety rail of munchkin's bed and painted the second coat of white on the headboard.  I put all the laundry baskets into her "dresser"s.  I tidied my house, I ate great food, and I learned that me making steak for breakfast is a bad plan (too sleepy to tell the difference between the fan and the light = uh oh).  I also went shopping at our local Restore and bought 4 large spindles and an old drawer that I washed up, sprayed, and turned into the bottom of a tall vanity.  I also found a few other odds and ends (like always) that I'll use as I slowly redecorate.  And now I'm a little wound up for sleep, but that's called life :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

oh what fun.  As for technology and your phone - i just post everything to a private imgur site and link it all in from there - i have a tapatalk for NF and the imgur app for the photo's - just some techie advice, lol.

Also you're so handy in the DIY department - i'm just not.  Sounds like you had fun putting things together today. :)  What a great week for you Hira!!

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Yup, I'm over in Ranger-land this time even though it took some serious self-talk to do it (gee, I'm not good/strong/young enough to be a Ranger!)

I am soooo impressed that you talked to your co-worker.  We don't care how he reacted - this is about you coming thru like a champ.  Breathlessly waiting for makeup pix...

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hi all!

Things have been crazy, and so has the DOMS!  Two and a half days of it now.  Ouch.  Starting to feel better, but walking the last few days has pretty much been "drunken sailor walking" LOL.

Here's the pictures I promised (thanks for the reminder, Laureleye!)

smokin smoky eye

smoky eye

I am looking longingly at my NF shirt, but I still have 4 more practice days to earn it, and it looks like none of those are going to be this week!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hi all!

Things have been crazy, and so has the DOMS!  Two and a half days of it now.  Ouch.  Starting to feel better, but walking the last few days has pretty much been "drunken sailor walking" LOL.

Here's the pictures I promised (thanks for the reminder, Laureleye!)

I am looking longingly at my NF shirt, but I still have 4 more practice days to earn it, and it looks like none of those are going to be this week!

Hey Hira...nice eyeshadow, can I get your number??? (practice time for my pretend creeperishness ;) )

Lol seriously though, you look amazingly beautiful (not just the makeup either :) )

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

mmmmmmmm.... sexxxy hira!

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

That's great going on the makeup.  I haven't tried yet *hangs head in shame*. So you're winning.  I will give it a try tomorrow and send you pics. 

I'm only allowed to order my NF top after i've completed my challenge - so i totally envy you that you already have yours :)

My challenge

It's totally worse having already ordered it, Blaidd. :)  It's hanging there taunting me *all* the time.

Hey Hira...nice eyeshadow, can I get your number??? (practice time for my pretend creeperishness ;) )

Lol seriously though, you look amazingly beautiful (not just the makeup either :) )

You already have my number.....oh, I mean....Do you hate hockey?  Oh man, I'm so bad at this. :s  LOL.

And thank you for all the compliments :)  A girl can't get too many of those when they're sincere (and not creepy...) :D

It was picture day today at work, so I got quite a few IRL compliments as well, and the co-worker I talked to last week managed to keep his comments and hands to himself, even though I was right in front of him when the group picture was being taken, so I'm overall really happy with how things are going on that front.  As for my health, I woke up in the middle of the night with a nightmare last night and never did get back to sleep.  I am fighting a brutal sore throat now -- apparently every hour of sleep is precious.  I think I'm going to make soup for supper and turn in early.  Didn't walk today because I didn't feel up to it.  Tracked my food, and will hit my protein goal if I either eat a protein bar or add meat to the soup, so I'm happy with that.  Overall, I'd list my status as: content with progress.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

sucky sleep sucks

nightmares sucks

coworker keeping hands to himself doesn't suck :)

Spoiler

@Jenn - exactly!

And I agree, AB.  Smoky eyes are tricky, and I'm not sure I really like them either, but it does feel a little less conspicuous with practice.  Not that they look conspicuous in the least -- they really suit your eyes! :)

Feeling moderately better today, although that could just be the painkillers talking...hopefully another night of good sleep will see me through to feeling all the way better!  I parked farther than yesterday, but not all the way out where I was in case I couldn't make it out there at the end of the day :)  Tracked my food and am once again easily in reach of the protein goal.  So nothing earth shattering either way, but solidity in the face of quasi-illness works for me!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hi Hiraedd, long time no see!  You are ROCKING your challenge, and your life from what I gather!  Congrats on everything - the epic workouts, the weight loss, the confrontation... everything!  I'm subscribed, and I'll be popping back in to watch the awesomeness.  You go!

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Hira!!

Wow you've done so many awesome things!!

Glad to hear about you and your co-worker, the workouts (really, you inspired so much on doing new moves) and your make-up totally lovely! You look so beautiful with that smile :)

And that NF shirt... I know that feeling! XD

Not a spirit of cowardice, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7
Intro | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines