Someday the bards will sing of me

Cort

Main Quest: Recomp continued

For those who followed my last challenge, my priorities sort of shifted about halfway through and I began a new 10-week lifting schedule of which I am currently in the middle of week 3.  This challenge will encompass the rest of my current 10 week plan with the main goal of increasing my big 3.

Current Big 3 for reps in kg (lbs):

Ø  Squat = 64.6      (142.5)

Ø  Bench = 43        (95)

Ø  Deadlift = 65.7   (145)

6 Week Goals for reps in kg (lbs):

Goal #1)      Squat = 81.6     (180)

Goal #2)      Bench = 48.7    (107.5)

Goal #3)      Deadlift = 79.3  (175)

Side quests:

·         Continue to clean up the diet with fun/new healthy recipes

·         Visit London and see a Man UTD game; visit Romania and party with Dracula on Halloween

·         Finish current graduate course and begin next class in October

Motivation:

1.       The human science experiment!  I want to prove I can get crazy fit without ever running on the treadmill again.  I also want to prove to my sister that lifting heavy is not "bad for you" just because you're a girl.

(Plus Spezzy and Donar are pretty motivating as well. If you haven't seen Donar's recomp yet, well... prepare to be amazed)

WeirdScience

Human Warrior

Non nobis, Domine. Sed nomine tuo da gloriam.

Warrior: Battle Log | Old Battle Log | #1, #2, #3, #4

First Warrior/Ranger Battle Log

Yay Cort!!

You are on your way to an epic recomp yourself! *nodding

Seriously, you are kicking some serious....you know what.

I will most definitely be following! Subscribed.

And no cardio!!! Love it!

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the challenge technically starts tomorrow, but today was a lift day so in the words of Rhino, "Let it begin!"

Middle of week 3 (lbsx5 unless otherwise stated):

o   Squat – 75, 90, 110, 110

o   OHP – 45, 45, 55, 60, 55x8

o   DL – 95, 115, 135x3, 150x3, 150x3, 155x1

o   Situps x60 for 4 sets = 240 total

o   2 Band assisted pull-up: Reverse grip – 11, Regular grip – 8 (kipped that last one)

o   1 Band assisted pull-up: Reverse grip – 1

Sort of cheated on that last regular pull-up as I'm not a fan of kipping generally, just feels too much like cheating (but then I guess you could say I'm cheating already by using assistance bands - touché).  You can't kip on a Marine Corps PFT so I don't want to get in that habit.  Not that I have to do pull-ups for the Navy, but I'd like to be able to say "cake" if I ever find myself stationed green-side.  Fans of my page (all two of you  :pride: ) may notice this is the first time I've moved from the 2 band assist to the 1 band assist.  Once upon a time I could do a whopping TWO WHOLE pull-ups using reverse grip and regular grip without any assistance, so it would be awesome to move beyond that old PR in 6 weeks.  Maybe I should have added that on as a mini-goal, hrm...

Still feeling a little sore from Friday's push-up madness at Command PT and bent over rows later in the evening. My lats and my serratus anterior muscles (yeah I had to refresh my anatomy skills on that one) were definitely saying "Hello" during OHP tonight.  But, it's a good sore.

Tomorrow is my day off and is a rest and research paper day.  Whoo! Fun times...

Human Warrior

In regards to my upcoming trip to London, can anyone from the UK tell me why I can't find Sunderland v. Man UTD tickets to purchase online???  They're not even listed on ticketmaster, but I know they're playing on Oct 5.  When I tried to purchase tickets from Sunderland's webpage the option to buy tickets for that ONE game disappeared.  I don't understand...

Human Warrior

Main Quest: Recomp continued

For those who followed my last challenge, my priorities sort of shifted about halfway through and I began a new 10-week lifting schedule of which I am currently in the middle of week 3.  This challenge will encompass the rest of my current 10 week plan with the main goal of increasing my big 3.

Current Big 3 for reps in kg (lbs):

Ø  Squat = 64.6      (142.5)

Ø  Bench = 43        (95)

Ø  Deadlift = 65.7   (145)

6 Week Goals for reps in kg (lbs):

Goal #1)      Squat = 81.6     (180)

Goal #2)      Bench = 48.7    (107.5)

Goal #3)      Deadlift = 79.3  (175)

Challenge #2 Update

[Nearing the end of week 4 in the challenge, but since I was away in London for a week, I'm only in the middle of

week 6 in my 10-week program since I used my trip as a "rest and recovery" period]

Current big 3 (lbs):

• Squat - 157.5x3
  • Bench - 100x5
  • DL - 165x5

Still struggling with squats for reps, bench is coming along nicely, and deadlifts continue to get more painful, but it's nice to see steady progress.

Human Warrior

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines