AgentsSka :: The Quest for the Spartan Trifecta and Beyond

AgentsSka

Quest for the Spartan Trifecta and Beyond!
trifecta-badge.png

For the last year, becoming a member of the 2013 Spartan Trifecta Tribe has been the goal. Having completed two Sprints, and the Super, I am 2/3 of the way there.

abaru5uv.jpg

And, the Beast looms on the horizon.

SPARTAN_RACE_LEVELS_BEAST.png

On Saturday, September 21, I will be attacking the 13 mile Beast at the Spartan World Championships in Killington, VT. And, upon crossing the finish line - that quest will conclude, and I will begin a new quest.

That new quest will to be Spartan Up and get harder and stronger. So, I'm going to have to lift heavy things with endurance. I figure a good way to gauge that is by completing the 300 Workout. But, not just completing it. I want to complete it in under 30 minutes. More than likely, this quest will take longer than this 6 week challenge to complete. As of now, 50 pullups will take quite a bit of time for me to complete. And floor wipers kind of scare me since I have never completed one of them. In this post, Steve says that his fastest time for the workout was 46 minutes. I'm not sure if he's blown that out of the water since then, but because of that, I think 30 minutes is an aggressive goal. We shall see.

The Goals for the Quest(s) will go hand in hand, however, and are similar to the structure of my last challenge.

Main Quest Goals
1. Run at least 4 times per week. (+2 STA, +2 CON)
2. Lift/workoutTrain at least 4 times per week. (+2 STR, +2 CON)
3. Complete the World Championship Spartan Beast on 9/21 (+3 DEX)
4. Complete the 300 Workout to get a baseline time. (+1 STR, +1 CHA)

Life Side Quest(s)
1. Apply what I learned in "Four Hour Work Week" into at least one project. (+2 WIS) <<---I'll post more details about this later.

I've created another Goal Tracking Spreadsheet.

And, here's The Motivation.

Let's do this!

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE

What Cline said :)

What EmCee said.

That's a whooooole lot of Squeeing.  I'm not sure how to handle it.  So much pressure!

tumblr_m2lcqr7QJf1qihztbo1_500.gif

Holla!  Good luck Saturday.

Be  a Beast. 

This+is+one+of+those+pictures+where+the+

Thanks!  That's the plan.

So.... I'm reading through the race notes for this weekend's Beast.  And, I found these two paragraphs quite interesting.  Bolding is my doing.

COURSE DESCRIPTION
Terrain: Set in the hills of Killington Ski Resort, the Reebok Spartan Race World Championships will 
be the toughest course we’ve ever designed. Whether you’re running the Sprint, Beast, or Ultra 
Beast, plan on extended climbs and massive amounts of elevation change. Make sure to get in a good 

warm up prior to your race, as you’ll be test immediately once the race begins. 

RACE NOTES

1. This is designed to be a “self-supported†course. There will not be enough fuel 
and water on the course to support racers who are not prepared with their own 
fuel and hydration source. Our sponsor SNAP Infusion Supercandy will have 
limited samples on course, but there will not be enough to support your caloric
requirements. You should carry calories and electrolytes with you on the course. 
The average racer will take 5-6 hours to complete the course. We expect 
professional athletes to finish in around 4 hours. Come prepared with water and 
fuel or you’ll have a miserable time and risk not finishing.

Here's what I think...

tumblr_mm242nPYiM1ryv3e7o1_500.gif

Bring it on, fuckers!

Def "bring it". 

elbow the shit out of people - knock em down.  That will level the playing field - with their bodies!!! bwaaaa haaa haaa

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Fantastic :)

And, when it's up, you should check out my challenge.  There might be a goal there you'll like.

if he ever writes up his goals. :x

So.... I'm reading through the race notes for this weekend's Beast.  And, I found these two paragraphs quite interesting.  Bolding is my doing.

Here's what I think...

tumblr_mm242nPYiM1ryv3e7o1_500.gif

Bring it on, fuckers!

DO IT.

doing the CMC up at camelback was tough, going up the ski mountain. i remembered to bring some gu with me (the chewy ones, not the gel) and that helped. 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

doing the CMC up at camelback was tough, going up the ski mountain. i remembered to bring some gu with me (the chewy ones, not the gel) and that helped. 

I remember there being bears on the course - that was motivation to MOVE it.  LOL. 

I had no gu.  I had to go gu-less....

I AM going the distance

Oh there is going to be gu.  But, I hate the chewy ones.  Give me ALL the gel.  And, there will be Endurolytes.  And... not sure.  Cliff bars?  Peanut Butter wraps?  Still deciding what to pack.

And, I really want to do a CMC.  I think that and a Ruck will be on my race calendar for next year.

Oh there is going to be gu.  But, I hate the chewy ones.  Give me ALL the gel.  And, there will be Endurolytes.  And... not sure.  Cliff bars?  Peanut Butter wraps?  Still deciding what to pack.

And, I really want to do a CMC.  I think that and a Ruck will be on my race calendar for next year.

SQUEEEEE!!!!  A CMC???  oh boy.  Ruck ruck ruck!!!!

Pack a snickers bar.  I am not kidding.  It's the same as a cliff bar but tastier and hits your happy place. 

<3 the note.

I AM going the distance

subbing for spartan amazingness.

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

SQUEEEEE!!!!  A CMC???  oh boy.  Ruck ruck ruck!!!!

Pack a snickers bar.  I am not kidding.  It's the same as a cliff bar but tastier and hits your happy place. 

<3 the note.

I'll ruck with you.  

A snickers bar?  A.  how is it the same as a cliff bar?  B.  I seriously can't remember the last time I had a snickers bar.  Mostly because I never liked nuts in my candy growing up.

Awesome motivation!!!

subbing for spartan amazingness.

Thanks, men.

On Saturday, September 21, I will be attacking the 13 mile Beast at the Spartan World Championships in Killington, VT.

Could a more appropriately named city have been found for this course? No, don't think so.

Main Quest Goals

1. Run at least 4 times per week. (+2 STA, +2 CON)

2. Lift/workout train at least 4 times per week. (+2 STR, +2 CON)

^^^^ Fixed :D

3. Complete the World Championship Spartan Beast on 9/21 (+3 DEX)

4. Complete the 300 Workout to get a baseline time. (+1 STR, +1 CHA)

Such a glutton for punishment! But, I don't see Gladiator tossing on there :tongue:

Life Side Quest(s)

1. Apply what I learned in "Four Hour Work Week" into at least one project. (+2 WIS) <<---I'll post more details about this later.

Very curious to see what you do with this one.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

^^^^ Fixed :D

Good catch!

Hey...where's your thread? 

I AM going the distance

Very good point on the fix.  I went back and took care of that, as well.

Just couldn't let that slip by, what with your impending pummeling of gladiators and all :D

Good catch!

Hey...where's your thread? 

Its been hiding :D.

Sick, work, blah, blah, blah. Same old story. But, it's out there now.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Hello, hello, hello!

Exciting news.  3 days into this challenge and I finally have my first training update.  I had been planning for a light week, anyway.  But, it's been a weird couple of days, and it prevented me from getting even the light work in the last couple of days.

Training Update - 09.18

Stairs with November Project again.  It was a nice balmy 42Ëš this morning.  (That's Fahrenheit, people.)  Fall is definitely here.  Also, it is really freaking dark at 5:30 am now.  That sucks.

Anyway, workout was for as many sections as you could do in 35 mins.  And, although I was somewhat tempted to see what I could do in 35 mins, I went with the plan I showed up with and did 25 sections in 27 minutes.

I need to do some pushups/pull-ups later. 

But, the coolest thing about this morning's training was not the temperature or the workout.  It was that I finally lost my virginity.  No, not that virginity, perv!  That's been long gone for a long time.  (I'm old.)

Instead, I can no longer say that I have never met a NF Rebel.

That's right, I met my first rebel this morning as Tin Man made good on his threat to come on out and play.  And, from what I could gather without plying him with beer, the rumors are true.  He's actually a nice guy!  His sister may have something different to say about that.  But, she isn't here.  So - ha!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines