Stopping Shots and Bad Habits, how Goalies level up

AWESOME PUSHUPS!!! Great job :) 

You are right on it with prepping meals this Sunday. I'm doing the same. Last weekend in addition to the rest of my entrees, I made a huge batch of beef stew and froze half in a few smaller containers so that I have amazingly easy food the week after next. Super helpful. :)

Keep it up JS!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Since one of my teammates was kind enough to snap some photos at our last game I have a brand new shiny avatar! 

I also pushed around some more pushups sunday morning bringing my Big Girl push up total to 9 ( first 3 of each of 3 sets).  I had to really fight for the last one so I think I am going to maintain this push up count and push up reps of other things.  I am really getting addicted to making each work out better than the one before it.

After pushing-up I roasted some B-nut squash and made soup! For a first attempt, it turned out pretty tasty.

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

Awesome in-action avatar! And I love that you are motivated to make each day better than the one before. That is a fantastic way to push yourself :)

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Nice pic!!  I always think about changing mine, but then I think that people know me by my current one and associate it with me now.  I have that issue in all online forums--overattachment to icons/userpics.

Oh, I wanted to ask: Is the Stark in your name for Iron Man, Game of Thrones, or something else entirely?

Level 4 Twi'lek Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 4 | STA: 7 | CON: 10 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 5.5

Current Challenge

Do not betray your fellow bats.  FOTB!

Vortex, Thanks that's the first pic of me in my new gear (and I look like I know what I'm doing) so I was pretty excited to share it.  I'm a big Game of Thrones fan so that was the original connection for the name. Of all the houses I identify with the residents of Winterfell the most. I also like Iron Man. I love Tony's attitude and problem solving ability.    (who didn't love the Avengers?). I am pretty new to the comic book scene but I am starting to become an avid reader.  I am working through various Batman titles and Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, but I think Iron Man is next. Aside from those 2 things I thought it sounded cool, hahaha.  

This week continues to go well. I'm getting at least 2 BBWWs in a week but trying for three depending on my schedule.  Eating Paleo is also going well.  I think I overdosed on butternut squash though haha. The soup I made was tasty but having it every day for lunch got a bit too much.  The only goal I'm struggling with is stashing cash for Christmas. I was almost there and then my dishwasher broke.  I still have time though and fortunately work is getting pretty busy so if I am able to grab some extra hours I should get back on track.  

Oh no! Broken dishwasher! What a pain! Sounds like you can still pull ahead though.

I know what you mean about oding on butternut squash. I haven't done that this year, but I have a tendency to do that with seasonal veggies that I love. I just get so excited and want to use them in EVERYTHING :)

Great work on getting in 2 BBWWs! Here's for 3 this week :)

WEEK 4!!!

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

Mary Oliver

Well here we are, most of the way through week five already.  While I have not been very active on the boards recently i have still been plugging along at the challenge.  Seems like a good time to check in and let ya'll know how I'm doing.

Goal #1: 2 BBWWs per week-I have only missed one so far. I was also able to mix in a few extra so next challenge I'll move this to 3 per week.

Goal #2: Get to 10lbs for 15 reps by week 5- Well I'm using the 10lb weight and I'm up to 17 reps so yay.  I think I aimed too low with this goal, next challenge I'll pick something tougher.

Goal #3: no fast food: well monday I finally caved and got a breakfast sandwich....I know, I know they are evil. I fell prey to procrastination and lack of planning.  Although the goal was none, 1 in 4 weeks is much better that my previous 1-2 per week. 

Life Goal: save $100 for family Christmas gifts- Despite some unexpected expenses I punched this goal in it's face!

Unfortunately my hockey team had to cut practice sessions because of budget issues. I was planning to get some attempts at the ladder drill during practices to see how I am progressing through the season.  Without any practice time I'll have to get creative. 

So it looks like things were going great until week 4 where I hit a few bumps.  I'm pretty happy that I have hung in here this long.  This is the longest I have stuck with a new diet/workout plan and that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Blargh. Tasty breakfast sandwich of doom!

Slip ups will happen. Especially when you are busy and there isn't any good choices around. Can't wait for grocery shopping/batch cooking palooza this weekend.

*\o/* ... you are doing great!

... and look good too ;)

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Ok I had a game this past weekend and we won, hazaah! The Zamboni was a bit late getting on the ice so I decided to do try the ladder drill and see how that went.   Shuffles were fine, Tpushes were a bit sloppy because of the new pads, Butterfly slides much better than normal untill I fell on my butt. Since I was already flat on my back I did a few pretzels (a quick drill to work on getting up after being sprawled on the ice).  After that I had to hop off the ice.  Considering I did all of that after a game I felt very encouraged.  I'll try again after my next game and report back on the results.  I realize this all sounds like nonsense unless you are a hockey fan. I'll try to get some video of me doing this stuff so it makes more sense.

Thanks!     \o/\_

[][]         Goalie Cheer Bat?  hmm I'll have to work on that....

Skating, just like anything worth doing, requires practice (and ice). Keep in mind this is about my 18th season playing hockey so I have have oodles of practice. :smile-new: Every winter I pray to the pond hockey gods to make it cold enough to skate on natural ice. That is the very best.  One year the cannal near our house froze and I just skated for miles. it was amazing.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines