• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thekatisalie

therealkat's Sing-A-Long Challenge

Main Quest: Mom! Mommy! Someone Maternal!
 tumblr_m4epy3e97o1qky1ib.gif

[sTR]4 Complete the Monster Dash is under 48 Minutes. Last year, lack of training and general laziness made this race murder. It is my last 5k of the year, and I want to go out with a bang, proving to myself I have made progress in the last year. I am not going to be able to do this without some serious training. The Monster Dash is October 26, just in time for challenge end!

Goal One :: You Look Horribly Familiar
 tumblr_m4ur7nusEc1qds29uo1_250.gif

[sTA]2 This is a goal that has been consistent in all of my challenge. Each time, there is a slight twist. This go around, I am going to challenge myself not only just to run three times a week, but to log 6 miles total per week. I have often ran one mile and counted it, when my normal runs are 2-3 miles in length. I call that taking the easy route. Not any more -- I will be accountable for 6 miles each week. How I split that up over my three runs will be up to me.

Goal Two :: I’m Just Naturally Like This
tumblr_mkmnk97Y1e1qgavwyo1_r1_500.gif

[sTR]2 This goal is two fold. I will make it to the gym three times a week. It doesn't matter what I do while I am there, so long as I go. It can be a session with my trainer, my yoga class, or a run. I need to make the habit and make it stick, especially with winter just around the corner. The second fold is to go three times a week, because this gets me a refund at work for my membership, dropping it from $30 to $10 a month. While I continue to struggle with finances, a few bucks here and there will go a long way.

Goal Three :: You’re Digging Your Spork into Your Leg!
 tumblr_mq5wti9ITE1r35kzyo1_500.gif

[CON]2 [CHA]2 Through meal tracking I have determined (thanks to these challenges!) that I can ruin my entire day with dessert. I bake. I love to bake and I am a slave to my sweet tooth. The goal to address here will be to control how often I allow myself dessert. I will be allowed two dessert opportunities a week. The best scenario would be to avoid them both, but to have more than two will actually count negatively against my weekly point totals. I am hoping this will train me to realize I do not always need to have dessert. Dessert should be a rare treat.

Life Side Quest: We Do The Weird Stuff
tumblr_lzs60f2Bdd1r4alnuo1_500.gif

[WIS]3 In an effort to help me become more self-aware and more attuned with myself, I need to get back to journaling and meditation. I have only meditated for a short period of my life, but the results were wonderful. I am hoping to get back there again. I will push myself to meditate or write in a journal twice each week.

Motivation:The Status is NOT Quo
tumblr_lp7u016yoo1qbkc1no2_250.gif

I am trying to build a status quo. I make excuses to not go to the gym. To not work out. To not eat well. I need to stop this dead in it's track and build health back into my life. It's as simple as that. My motivation is to not need to be motivated anymore. This needs to be a life change. Not just a stopgap.

Grading:

Each run will equal 10 points for a total of 180 available points
Each day with journaling or meditation equals 10 points for a total of 120 points
Each gym visit will equal 10 points for a total of 180 available points
Achieving 6 miles per week will be 5 points for a total of 30 points
Each dessert over the weekly limit will equal -10 points
510 Points Total Available

85 Points Per Week Available
A: 61-85 points
B: 51-60 points
C: 41-50 points
D: 31-40 points
F: 0-30 points

Starting Measurements:
Weight - 162lbs
Arms - 12in
Hips - 38in
Thighs - 23in
Waist - 31.5in

Results:

Week 1:  85/85pts - A
Week 2:  40/85pts - C
Week 3:  20/85pts - F
Week 4:  20/85pts - F
Week 5:  /pts
Week 6:  /pts

Ending Measurements:
Weight -
Arms -
Hips -
Thighs -
Waist -

24.31%
24.31%
Total Miles out of 36

22.22%
'; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">22.22%
Total Runs out of 18

33.33%
'; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">33.33%
Total Gym Visits out of 18

41.66%
41.66%
Total Desserts Eaten out of 12

33.33%
33.33%
Total Reflections out of 12

Here we go!

tumblr_mf6k5buF7P1qijnxzo1_500.gif

• Like 1

BEST THEME EVER!!!!!!

Can't wait to watch you rock this challenge! In order to help you with goal three, feel free to bake all you want and then immediately pack and send all the goodies to me.  I will make this sacrifice to help you  :highly_amused:

• Like 1

In order to help you with goal three, feel free to bake all you want and then immediately pack and send all the goodies to me.  I will make this sacrifice to help you  :highly_amused:

B'wahahaha! Sounds like a plan! I am making cupcakes for my birthday next week... if there are left overs, I'll send them over stat!

Nice goals, theme, gifs, everything :tongue:

Danke, Wover! I think that building the theme is half the fun :P

Dr. Horrible! I LOVE IT! Man, everyone has some seriously epic themes going on this go-round.. the nerdiness is overflowing in the most wonderful way!

Your goals all look really solid, I think you're well set as far as that goes. But I must say, I just love your motivation. To make all of these changes into just "who you are," not just something you're doing at the moment.

I can't wait to see what you bring to the table! Good luck!

Main Quest: Mom! Mommy! Someone Maternal!

tumblr_m4epy3e97o1qky1ib.gif

[sTR]4 Complete the Monster Dash is under 48 Minutes. Last year, lack of training and general laziness made this race murder. It is my last 5k of the year, and I want to go out with a bang, proving to myself I have made progress in the last year.

Goal One :: You Look Horribly Familiar

tumblr_m4ur7nusEc1qds29uo1_250.gif

[sTA]2 This is a goal that has been consistent in all of my challenge. Each time, there is a slight twist. This go around, I am going to challenge myself not only just to run three times a week, but to log 6 miles total per week. I have often ran one mile and counted it, when my normal runs are 2-3 miles in length. I call that taking the easy route. Not any more -- I will be accountable for 6 miles each week. How I split that up over my three runs will be up to me.

Goal Two :: I’m Just Naturally Like This

tumblr_mkmnk97Y1e1qgavwyo1_r1_500.gif

[sTR]2 This goal is two fold. I will make it to the gym three times a week. It doesn't matter what I do while I am there, so long as I go. It can be a session with my trainer, my yoga class, or a run. I need to make the habit and make it stick, especially with winter just around the corner. The second fold is to go three times a week, because this gets me a refund at work for my membership, dropping it from $30 to $10 a month. While I continue to struggle with finances, a few bucks here and there will go a long way.

Goal Three :: You’re Digging Your Spork into Your Leg!

tumblr_mq5wti9ITE1r35kzyo1_500.gif

[CON]2 [CHA]2 Through meal tracking I have determined (thanks to these challenges!) that I can ruin my entire day with dessert. I bake. I love to bake and I am a slave to my sweet tooth. The goal to address here will be to control how often I allow myself dessert. I will be allowed two dessert opportunities a week. The best scenario would be to avoid them both, but to have more than two will actually count negatively against my weekly point totals. I am hoping this will train me to realize I do not always need to have dessert. Dessert should be a rare treat.

Life Side Quest: We Do The Weird Stuff

tumblr_lzs60f2Bdd1r4alnuo1_500.gif

[WIS]3 In an effort to help me become more self-aware and more attuned with myself, I need to get back to journaling and meditation. I have only meditated for a short period of my life, but the results were wonderful. I am hoping to get back there again. I will push myself to meditate or write in a journal twice each week.

Motivation:The Status is NOT Quo

tumblr_lp7u016yoo1qbkc1no2_250.gif

I am trying to build a status quo. I make excuses to not go to the gym. To not work out. To not eat well. I need to stop this dead in it's track and build health back into my life. It's as simple as that. My motivation is to not need to be motivated anymore. This needs to be a life change. Not just a stopgap.

Grading:

Each run will equal 10 points for a total of 180 available points

Each day with journaling or meditation equals 10 points for a total of 120 points

Each gym visit will equal 10 points for a total of 180 available points

Each dessert over the weekly limit will equal -10 points

480 Points Total Available

80 Points Per Week Available

A: 61-80 points

B: 51-60 points

C: 41-50 points

D: 31-40 points

F: 0-30 points

Starting Measurements:

Weight - 162lbs

Arms - 12in

Hips - 38in

Things - 23in

Waist - 31.5in

Results:

Week 1:  /pts

Week 2:  /pts

Week 3:  /pts

Week 4:  /pts

Week 5:  /pts

Week 6:  /pts

Ending Measurements:

Weight -

Arms -

Hips -

Things -

Waist -

Here we go!

tumblr_mf6k5buF7P1qijnxzo1_500.gif

This may be completely childish of me, but I just had to point out that your starting and ending measurements include "things" instead of "thighs".  DYAC?

And also, this is an awesome challenge theme.

This may be completely childish of me, but I just had to point out that your starting and ending measurements include "things" instead of "thighs".  DYAC?

And also, this is an awesome challenge theme.

Her things are 23 inches. Cut her some slack!   :-)

Awesome challenge theme and goals.  And a happy early birthday!  Fellow Libra?

Great Goals again, I totally feel you on the baking and dessert thing, I love to bake but have really had to cut it out except for special occasions.  I've tried baking healthy stuff but it still ends up being too much to eat.  Hope this challenge goes well for you.  Good luck.

Reading your challenge just made my day. It's awesome lol.

I'm also trying to hold myself accountable to actually getting to the gym and setting a standard to what actually counts as a workout. Last challenge I did all of my runs but would count just doing my push ups as a body circuit. No longer!

I'll get on your case if you get on mine :-P

Reading your challenge just made my day. It's awesome lol.

I'm also trying to hold myself accountable to actually getting to the gym and setting a standard to what actually counts as a workout. Last challenge I did all of my runs but would count just doing my push ups as a body circuit. No longer!

I'll get on your case if you get on mine :-P

It's a deal!!

Fun theme and great goals! And quite a few funny comments already... I was going to make myself birthday cupcakes too (I'm the 20th)! What cupcakes are you doing?

Fun theme and great goals! And quite a few funny comments already... I was going to make myself birthday cupcakes too (I'm the 20th)! What cupcakes are you doing?

BIRTHDAY TWINS!!! I'm the 20th, too!

I will be making this into cupcakes. This cake ROCKS.

Thanks, Chickie!! Originally it was going to be Harry Potter... But then someone made a "I'm naturally like this" joke and I had to switch it all over to Dr. Horrible!!

Also... YESSSSS a friend of mine joined the NFC community! Slowly but surely I am converting them all to the dark side! >:D

Also... YESSSSS a friend of mine joined the NFC community! Slowly but surely I am converting them all to the dark side! > :D

Wait, we're the dark side?!?!?!  I wish someone would have told me that, now I can stop being nice to people and start working on choking people with my mind!!!!!  vader5371080_zpsdd33f3bf.gif

Goal One :: You Look Horribly Familiar [sTA]2

*Run three times a week. 1/18 runs
*Log 6 miles a week.
2.07/36 miles

Of course, I am starting the challenge off strong. That's the easy part, isn't it? I made my run this afternoon after work. A co-worker had really gotten under my skin all day, so loading up episode 4 of Zombies, Run! was just what I needed. I am building my Monster Dash playlist as I go, too. I left the gym after logging 2.07 miles, feeling pretty darn good. (10pts, 2.07 of 6 miles logged)

Goal Two :: I’m Just Naturally Like This [sTR]2

*Make it to the gym 3 times a week. 1/18 visits

As you can see from goal one, I made it in to the gym. I usually see my trainer on Monday, but he books up quickly and I forgot to sign up. I will probably not get to see him this week, but I am already scheduled for next. (10pts)

Goal Three :: You’re Digging Your Spork into Your Leg![CON]2 [CHA]2

*Only 2 desserts a week. 0/12 desserts

No dessert so far! I am saving up for Mom's birthday (tomorrow) and my birthday (Thursday). Gotta stay strong!

Life Side Quest: We Do The Weird Stuff [WIS]3

*Meditate or journal twice a week. 1/12 reflections

Grabbing my pen and journal while the hubby watches the football game. I hope to get some of my thoughts on paper before the night is through. (10pts)