robinhoodie: the tale begins

robinhoodie

I finished with a time of 29:57! I was so close to 30 I sprinted at the very end to get it! Yeah! :D I'll see if I can get some pictures for you guys (my mom took some for me so I need to get them from her).

Wooooooooo running!

On a sadder note, I broke up with my boyfriend of almost three years after the run. It was a break up that should have happened long ago, so I'm not super pained about it, but I'm going to forgive myself the ice cream and cookies I am eating right now. Such a typical response. :(

Level 2: Selkie Druid

1 || 2(failed) || 3(failed) || 4-pending

STR: 4 || DEX: 7 || STA: 5 || CON: 7 || WIS: 6 || CHA: 3

Woooo! Great job on your 5k! That's a great chunk of improvement from the start of the challenge!

Sorry to hear about the breakup, sometimes regardless of how good someone may be, they may not be good for you. Good things are coming!

Level 2 - Adventurer

CHA +3  |  WIS +3  |  STA  +7 |  CON +2 |  STR +3  | DEX +2

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

Aaye; feeling your pain with eczema <-> sweat thing; i've got atopic dermatitis myself, sweat is not helping the part-time job of nursing tha skin.

You should hear my father laugh everytime he brings up 'his son is alergic to hard work ...'    , at least it makes his day :)

so I'm not super pained about it, but I'm going to forgive myself the ice cream and cookies I am eating right now. Such a typical response.

I guess that would be something in a far away point of habbit-forming.  Ice-cream for the soothing has been build by years, another form of soothing; as .. going for a run, a hike, deadlifthing weight, throwing ninja-stars at the ex's-picture will have to be build in years to come. 

Anyway: one evening of ice-cream for this special occasion cant outweigh 3strenght trainings, 3runs and your other healthy stuff..

Nusuth Revamped

Current Challenge

You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 

Jon Kabat-Zinn

A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.

Napoleon Hill

Woooo! Great job on your 5k! That's a great chunk of improvement from the start of the challenge! Sorry to hear about the breakup, sometimes regardless of how good someone may be, they may not be good for you. Good things are coming!

Thanks Tefindeno, and you are right. He was a really nice guy, and I think that was why it took me so long to convince myself that even though he was good, he wasn't a match for me. Feeling better about it today, and am staying away from the snacks.

Aaye; feeling your pain with eczema <-> sweat thing; i've got atopic dermatitis myself, sweat is not helping the part-time job of nursing tha skin.

You should hear my father laugh everytime he brings up 'his son is alergic to hard work ...'    , at least it makes his day :)

I guess that would be something in a far away point of habbit-forming.  Ice-cream for the soothing has been build by years, another form of soothing; as .. going for a run, a hike, deadlifthing weight, throwing ninja-stars at the ex's-picture will have to be build in years to come. 

Anyway: one evening of ice-cream for this special occasion cant outweigh 3strenght trainings, 3runs and your other healthy stuff..

I'd never had eczema before so I went running and that's when I first got the inkling that sweat and eczema don't mesh (it burned nicely). The alergic to hard work joke maked me chuckle. :)

I shoot arrows, and that seems to help the most - unfortunately the club isn't open on Sunday. I will be going to shoot tomorrow though!

Proper summary for week 3! (Are 3 weeks really already over?)

Foodiness: My food numbers are good for the week thanks to a CRAZY good day early in the week. This is leading me to believe that if one day can save the whole week my computation technique may be flawed. As such starting today I will be tracking calories in calories out as well. I want most of what I eat to be vegitables, and this ratio definitely calculates that for me, but if I'm going over calories most of the week one good day a week won't be enough in the long run.

Study: I got in one extra hour of studying than I had required, so I guess I did good on the study front. *thumbs-up*

Fitness: Derailed by eczema, but still managed to do some exercise. I had to count light exercise as hard exercise this week since sweat would have slowed the healing process. The eczema did clear up in time for my run on Sunday, and I think I did pretty good. Consistency and a schedule are key with these kinds of things, so I shall continue to schedule workouts where they fit best (lunch hour and right after work).

Other notes:

- I'm getting a better intuition into what I want to improve on next challenge and how I want to measure things.

- I removed a large source of personal stress at the end of last week, but I need to work on healing from that and looking forward to the future.

- I felt amazing after the 5k and finally got the second wind that I had been struggling to find (hence all those 3ks I had been doing). I expect to see runs that are longer for the rest of the challenge.

Four weeks in? Hmm, things aren't looking real good. I was sick again at the end of last week, mostly better now but it really derailed food recordings and exercises :/ Then Canadian Thanksgiving and my birthday were one day right after the other. It was really nice to have the whole family together, but why do they even think we need that much food? Guess I just need to pick up where I left off and keep going!

Hey your doing good! Thanksgiving happens once a year and the memories with family are worth more than the few extra calories eaten. I'm refusing the beat myself up for how bad I did this past weekend and I won't let you do it verbally either. 

Less than two weeks left WE CAN ROCK THIS!

Level 2 Sprite

STR - 3.5 : DEX - 2.75 : STA - 3.5 : CON - 6.5 : WIS - 11 : CHA - 4

You are good enough NOW! 

The week of my birthday included WAY too many sweets. I want to tell myself that I was just "too polite to turn my friends and family down", but I know by the fact that I didn't even bother tracking my food this week that I would be lying to myself.

I didn't run this week or work out either, but I did study. At least I'm going to succeed in one category this time around.

I went on a shopping trip with my Grandmother, mother, and aunt this weekend. My aunt whined and complained most of the trip about how she just couldn't lose weight, while sipping her diet pepsi (BAD) and eating a big plate of food. I suggested that she try ordering water and she ignored me. It made me so MAD that she wasn't even going to try. I NEVER want to get that way. I don't think I sound or act like her now, but I really want to insure that I NEVER sound like her. (I'm all fired up, hope this helps me pull my feet out the mud and get on the road to the me I can be.)

So your last week was a bad one that doesn't mean you failed. If you had failed an entire week in the middle you would have kept going and still considered the challenge a success same thing here, look at your overall score, how did you really do? 

And with your Aunt I had a similar experience this week with my mom and it pushed me to get my stupid internet fixed so I could get back on here. Now that you know what you don't want to be you can use that to fuel it into what you want to be. 

Level 2 Sprite

STR - 3.5 : DEX - 2.75 : STA - 3.5 : CON - 6.5 : WIS - 11 : CHA - 4

You are good enough NOW! 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines