Dirty tries to pull herself together

DirtyLittleSecrets

Also, upper back is so so so so so sore this morning. Decided to stay out till 2 in the morning dancing and moshing till my hearts content. Not enough sleep and if I'm going to be working my shoulders this much I probably should keep the stretch hold for a minute instead of 30 seconds.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Thanks Melinda. I can't wait to see your wedding day photos ^_^

The challenge ends a week before my wedding, so I will add photos to the end of my challenge thread. And it looks like you have already started with a bang, keep it up.

Mel The Hangry, Level 7, Aussie Gnome, Ranger Druid

STR 9.5 | DEX 7.5 | STA 18 | CON 19.5 | WIS 14.5 | CHA 6.5 

Current Challenge: TBA

Last Challenges: Mel The Hangry is getting back to basicsMel The Hangry is making changesMel The Hangry is turning into a Druid

"Some days you eat salads and do yoga, Some days you eat cupcakes and refuse to put on pants, It’s called balance."

I am terrified of dead lifts! I shall live vicariously through you!

I was too until I reminded myself that once upon a time I was terrified of squats and I ended up being able to squat my bodyweight . Don't know if I can now, but then it was a pretty big deal. I really understand how lifting helps give people confidence in their ability to so anything. Plus I want sexy people to be singing Rod Stewarts "Hot Legs" every time I walk by.

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

How are the shoulders feeling today?!  Hope yesterday was a good recovery day.

The shoulders were still a little sore today. Probably should have slept more but I had a ton of homework to do. Went easy on them today, decided that I'm going to focus on running every other day and do an hour workout instead of half an hour. I couldn't say which was a higher priority in my mind so I decided to switch off ^_^

18/09/13

Consistently complete workouts: 2/22

Be flexible: 2/22

Completed my workout and decided since I'm training both for running and strength at the same time I'm going to have running my priority every other workout. Used the 20lb weights for my dumbbell rows easily enough. Progressing to 25lb next week. Used the back extension machine today for my opposite to sit ups. Used 50 lb and played around with it a little bit. Decided to use it because of ease of access.

Ran on the treadmill since it's raining outside. Said I had a 13 min pace for a mile. I just laughed. This is why I don't like using machines.

Also on a less kick ass note.

My friends car broke down and my cousin is working out of town for most of the challenge (he'll be back mid-October). My life side quest is in jeopardy! Do you guys think it's alright if I substitute taking drivers Ed instead? I have a little extra money right now and can afford it if I really try.

It's your challenge and goal so I say definitely adjust as needed. Though, isn't the main goal to learn how to drive? If so, I say that you are still on track.

Agreed. Plus, learning from someone who is trained to teach people may be better than learning from someone you are familiar with who may not correct bad habits. 

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Agreed. Plus, learning from someone who is trained to teach people may be better than learning from someone you are familiar with who may not correct bad habits. 

Both of those. Sometimes life happens and goals have to be adjusted. As long as you're still working toward the same end goal, do what you need to do.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

Good idea on alternating strength and running.  That really helps me to get in 5 or 6 days a week for training.   And as everyone else said, driver's ed is a good call.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

20/09/13

Consistently complete workouts: 3/22

Be flexible: 3/22

Today was a bummer. My strength training work was lacking. I pushed myself as much as I felt comfortable but was feeling weak. Probably cause I didn't get a chance to eat since breakfast, which was light in itself. Got my rows up to 25lbs, keeping them there for another session. Did more deadlifts today, feeling confident in my abilities to do them.

Wanted to go outside for my run but it was raining again. Oh poo :-(. At this rate I'll never see the leaves changing

I slept 14 hours that night, didn't even hear my alarm to get up and go to my friends debut at a rock show.

I'm going to say it's a little of column A) and a little of column B). Making sure I have everything in the house I need to make a meal by the end of the day.

I didn't do my prescribed workout yesterday, I moved a lot of my roommates stuff into the new home....... Apparently I should have warmed up a bit more prior because I'm officially feeling the DOM's in my legs and butt. Thank goodness today in class we learned about foam rolling.

Onto week 2!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines