Dirty tries to pull herself together

DirtyLittleSecrets

Wanted to go outside for my run but it was raining again. Oh poo :-(. At this rate I'll never see the leaves changing

That's the point I normally queue up "I get wet" on the iPod. Seriously, it sucks the first time but unless it's a storm you'll automatically qualify for a +1 in bad-assery. Just don't do it if there's lightning. Or mimes.

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Moving definitely counts as a good workout. That's as practical a strength workout as it gets!

Also, next time it's raining? You should definitely go for a run. Just to say you did it. Unless it's monsoon season in Canada.

That's the point I normally queue up "I get wet" on the iPod. Seriously, it sucks the first time but unless it's a storm you'll automatically qualify for a +1 in bad-assery. Just don't do it if there's lightning. Or mimes.

Dictated over the phone to trained howler monkeys who post it on the Internet for me.

Dirty has her name for a reason. I do not like being wet. Showers, baths, swimming, and especially not being in rain.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Update!:

I did not want to get my ass to the gym yesterday. I've been having a horrid couple days (quit my job, found out I might not qualify for the fitness center monitor positions, and just a ton of tests and assignments due) and working out has not been a priority.

So, I put on my thinking cap and tried to figure out why. I was in an awful mood because I was hormonal, had a lot of stress on my plate, and frankly did not have the time. So I stopped making excuses and took action. The biggest thing that was stressing me out was trying to get all my forms into my placement, which is quite far and off of the bus routes I could take in town, and part of that was picking the papers up from my placement and then going to get a police record check for the vulnerable sector and bring them back to my placement.

I ended up paying $45 to take a cab all over town and could finally relax and get ready to do my placement. Which turned out to be So. Much. Fun . I'm working with children with different abilities in an after school exercise program with physiotherapists. It's only once a week but we did testing and I had a lot of fun doing the warm up and cool down. I'm running the warm up next week and looking forward to seeing all the kids again. But after I did that and I could relax I still didn't want to go to the gym. I made myself since I was already in my workout gear but couldn't figure out why I was avoiding doing my resistance routine. Then it hit me.

I WAS BORED

I didn't want to do my apps, I find them challenging each time but no longer appealing. I modified my routine; did barbell squats instead of the regular bodyweight ones,  bench press instead of push ups and kettlebell deadlifts since the power cages were occupied and a group of asshats were blocking my access to the already weighted barbells. Kept the crunches as normal and did the dumbbell rows.

I loved it. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Did my run outside and my time was terrible. I was doing 12 minute miles because every time I started going hard for any amount of time I was getting dull throbbing pain in my right knee. I'm going to split my runs and my weight lifting into different days now. We shall see how that works.

Happy to be back in the game

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Yay for shifting iron!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

First Week Overview:

Diet and Fitness Goals:

1. Consistently complete workouts: STA: 4 STR:1

3/4 workouts. Happy to be back in a gym and looking forward to seeing some gains. Pacing is the only part of this goal I'm worried about right now but as long as I keep running I'm happy.

1. Be flexible DEX: 1 CON: 1

Have not been able to do a DVD or a yoga class this week BUT I have been doing extra stretching in my classes and when standing around at work. Flexibility has been perfect, I've already seen some major gains and yesterday when I was dancing around randomly between rest sets (just doing things in the aerobics room I used to do in dance class) my form was a lot better. Very happy with myself ^_^

1. Diet/Fitness Sidequest- Know your body. WIS: 1

Got my sheets uploaded, printed off and the pencils purchased. The muscles I need to do my overview sheet on are in a word document and I can start fleshing it out now.

1. Life Sidequest – Practice driving. WIS: 3

Signed up for drivers ed, paying for it on Friday and doing the first sessions this weekend. There's also 10 hours of driving practice with this drivers ed course so I'll be meeting my challenge goal ^_^.

Sounds like you are making excellent progress! Great work.

Also cool that you figured out what was keeping you from being excited about working out!

Lvl 8 ◠Half-Elf breaking free of an Ogre’s body ◠Ranger
STR 11.5; DEX 2; STA 19.5; CON 13; WIS 13; CHA 5
Fire Flower Power-up
“Things Do Not Happen. Things Are Made to Happen†– John F. Kennedy

My current challenge

2014 - My Year of Badassery (Battle Log)

Twitter

Instagram

Past Challenges:

#1; #2; #3; #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

Awesome first half of the week! I love that you've managed to re-motivate yourself in the gym - if it's not working, try something new, amiright?!

Good luck with driver's ed! I still think that's a great modification of your original goal :)

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

I saw a driver's ed car yesterday and wondered how that challenge was going for you.  Good job on getting out of the exercise funk.  You never think you would get bored with a program that continues to challenge you, but it does happen.  Keep up the good work.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Hey! I'm glad to get caught up on your challenge. It looks like you had a lot of hurdles to jump over that first week. You did so great!!!! I'm glad you stopped to think about why you didn't want to get to the gym and had the smarts to switch stuff up. Also, I totally think drivers ed is a good switch up in the circumstances. It will probably help you pass your driver's test too since the instructer is trained to know what they look for.

How has week 2 been treating you??

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

Better update to come shortly guys.

Week 2 attacked like me at ribfest. Tons of excuses, some of them quite valid but still excuses. 2/4 workouts, 2/4 flexibility did some extra stretching but no DVD's or classes and I had drivers ed all weekend.

Also lead my first body weight bootcamp with my partner today at the college. It went amazing and my programs coordinator was singing our high praises at the end. It's good to know I'm doing well and in the right field.

Love you all <3

Better update to come shortly guys.

Week 2 attacked like me at ribfest. Tons of excuses, some of them quite valid but still excuses. 2/4 workouts, 2/4 flexibility did some extra stretching but no DVD's or classes and I had drivers ed all weekend.

Also lead my first body weight bootcamp with my partner today at the college. It went amazing and my programs coordinator was singing our high praises at the end. It's good to know I'm doing well and in the right field.

Love you all <3

Glad to hear your first bootcamp went well. Hope you two keep it up!

Lycan Ranger

"Sucking at something is the first step to being kind of good at something." 

1st Challenge /  Battle Log

Glad you did so well with Week 1, Dirty. And good going, mixing up the strength routine. Boredom is one heck of a workout killer, and I'm glad you were able to catch it before you got demotivated.

Sounds like everything else is going pretty ok; alternating running and weight days seems smart. Take care of that knee!

Doing at least half of your active stuff last week is great. And you're rocking the Driver's Ed now! Excellent!

My Current Challenge Log. Take a look!

Hey there!

I think you are doing great, really trying your best!

And its somehow good to know, that I am not the only one struggling.... Amazing that you found out what was wrong and changed it immediately!

Keep it up girl! :)

- A smooth sea never made a skillfull sailor - 

My Battle Log|1st|2nd challenge!

Lvl. 2 Human turtle

Str: 2 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 1 | Con: 1 | Wis: 5 | Cha : 3

From 121 cm waist to 90 cm

29%
29%

Week 3 Overview:

2/4 workouts completed

2/4 stretching completed

1/1 DVD or class

The colouring pages are coming along nicely, haven't done any extra work on my muscle challenge but with my weekend courses coming to an end I'll have a little more time to flesh it out. School has been insane. Going from working 4 shifts a week that were from 4-6 hours long to going to school all day and working and trying to have a semblance of a social life has been hard.

Drivers ed almost done! I just have to complete my 10 hours online portion and my 10 hours of driving to be complete. It turned out to be a fantastic idea and I'm really glad I did it.

I feel bad about not checking in on you guys as much as I would like but as I've said, school has been insane and I've cut a lot of stuff I've just found unnecessary. And some stuff I've found necessary. I love working out at our new facility, but it hasn't been open on the weekends so getting four workouts in has been interesting. I'm cleaning up the house so I feel comfortable working out at home but then I don't get my homework done after. Something's gotta give and it can't be sleep :-(.

I can finally do 100 sit ups! I did them in sets, and it took me 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Now to get that down to two minutes!

I've moved on up to inverted rows. I did supersets with my barbell squats and the rows to make the best out of the crowded weight area in our gym. Also paired the bench press and deadlifts. I'm starting to really feel the muscle belly ache and I love it.

Instead of freaking out about how much my pacing for my runs has gone down (the amount of stress on my body has gone WAAAY up, I need to cut myself a little slack!) I've started to focus more on if I'm running at a pace that's challenging my cardiovascular system. We did a MCAFT test in class (submaximal VO2) ) in class and I was the participant. It was cool because I found out my health rating for my age group (highest level for health optimization) but even better cause I got to try out a polar heart rate monitor. I've been looking at getting one but didn't really want to put down a hundred dollars until I knew how comfortable it was and if I would actually use it. I was in love, it was super neat to be able to see my heart rate and track it over the test.

I went out and bought myself one. Coolest new toy ever; it syncs up with my iPhone,  gives me graphs of my heart rate over training, which zones I've spent the most time in, and is versatile for different types of training. Also gives me the calories burnt, which is great because it gives me an indication of how much more I need to eat (I'm not trying to lose weight and would really like to have a little layer left on me for winter!!!)

Hope you guys are doing well, thank you for your words of encouragement!

I can't imagine (oh, wait, yes I can, and it sucks) juggling work AND school AND working out AND other stuff. Sounds like you're doing your best to build your routine; good for you!!!!!

WORD!!!! Preach!!!

When I was doing that I wound up cutting work-outs which left me feeling pretty crappy and I gained weight. Kudos on keeping work-outs in the mix. Good job not being a cliche.

and... 100 push-ups!! Whaaaat? Amazing! Your arms must have felt like jelly.. and in less than 7 minutes!!!? I did 40 the other day and felt like I was going to pass out from excitement.

Keep it up!! You are so strong! I hope driving school, regular school, work and working out go well this week.

Level 2 Ranger

STR 5.5/DEX 0/STA 1/CON 6/WIS 7/CHA 6

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everybody would do it.

In order to get something you never had, you have to do something you've never done.

If you are tired of starting over, stop giving up!

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/37240-the-turbo-tortoise-project-continues/

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines