• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

The Re-Firing Squad: Blasting the demons of sabotage!

New challenge, new name, hopefully some new friends!

I don't know about you all, but I am super excited to kick some serious butt in the next six weeks. If I start to forget that, I will require a swift kick in the aforementioned backside, and you better believe I'll be doing the same for you :)

Good luck to everyone, hopefully we can be a bit more active as a group than last time.. (I'm thinking maybe some unofficial mini-challenges, perhaps?)

Now, GO!

Here and reporting for duty!!

I'm up for unofficial challenges........ and meeting new friends.  

My focus this week is KICK START. So every single day I'm going to do something that sets me up for success. Tomorrow is the going to be the kettlebell 300 challenge - not worrying what time it takes, but by the end of the challenge I want to smash whatever time I make tomorrow!

http://kettlebellsworkouts.com/workout-challenges/

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Absolutely, welcome! Just add your name to the spreadsheet, if you haven't already, and you're good to go!

So what brought you to nerd fitness, and what are you hoping to accomplish?

I'm in, if you'll have me?

I have been an adventurer the past 2 challenges and am making the switch to scout this time around.

Spring has sprung down under and I recently got my bike out of mothballs so I am looking to go faster, go longer, go more often.

I will write up my new challenge today and link to it.

Thanks fonzico for getting us organised for another challenge :)

Welcome back Jo, we missed you

Hi Dragoness, I've taken a look at your challenge and I have to say that you seem to be switched on. I'll love to keep track of how your going.

Hey Matt_72, I saw you last challenge with the bike riding etc. I'm still on my bike (when it's not raining) and have my big bike riding challenge in less than a week.

Welcome redtomato501. I hope you find us a helpful bunch (and maybe a bit chatty :))

I'll catch up on your threads soon. I'm procrastinating abou doing mine so I had better get it done now :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I *suppose* I'll (finally) show up -- since Fonzico signed me up and all. ;)

And we're totally going to kick ass this go round. All of us. Thread going up after wading through the massive amount of posts I seem to have missed last weekend 

Alright! Challenge links for the group members!!!

Fonzico - Fonzico's Daft Punk Challenge (Rangers)

Jo2926 - Jo2926 Running (well walking quickly) back to fitness (Adventurer)

Matt_72 - Matt_72 Rollin' with the Scouts (Scouts)

redtomato501 - In Which RedTomato501 Tries to Ketchup to Her Potential (Warriors)

Skywalker - Skywalker still cycling while mixing it up and making good choices (Scouts)

Kaiwa - Kaiwa - Level 1: Reclaiming what is mine (Level 1)

Darkfoxx - Darkfoxx 6: *Insert Something Witty Here* (Rangers)

Dragoness - The Quest Begins (Level 1)

I'm loving our crossguild representation, range of challenges under belts, and general awesomeness!

Hey guys! I'm definitely down for joining if it's not too late - I got knocked out yesterday with a terrible headache. BUT I managed to get a point for all 3 goals! 

Will update thread this evening when I have more time. Let's all knock day 2 out of the park!

Well done Fonzico on the 3 points. Epic start as always. 

Dragoness - glad you slayed that headache. YAY you. 

I'm dying quite a lot today with epic DOMs from yesterday's adventures with kettlebells. Husband is very amused and will only say "that'll teach you". SO supportive LOL

Hoping to go pick up some new cycling shoes today as an early birthday present  :triumphant:

So is it impolite to ask everyone what their story is? Well if it is then we can all call me the impolite one in the group :P

I'm 40(for 9 more days)

Married with an 18 month old daughter.

I manage a small business in the building industry.

As a kid, young adult I was very active and was always a little on the skinny side. I worked as a carpenter for about 10 years and that helped keep me relatively lean but towards the end of that stage of my life I had started to get heavier. It was probably mainly due to inactivity and drinking way too much on weekends. I got my first office job about 10 years ago and that's when things went from bad to worse. 

Last year I hit my heaviest weight 103.3kg. In real terms it mean't that in 20 years I had put on 20kg's. That was when I decided to take "real" action and have been working on it since. I'm currently 7kg down on that and have been more active over the past 14 months than I probably was over the previous 14 years.

I want to get stronger but my main goals are to improve stamina and lose weight.

Woot for new gear! And no, I don't think it's impolite, especially since we have so many new members - sorry, some of us have known each other for a while, so we forget that not everyone does!

I'm 27, married with no children.

I work in an office, for my in-laws, and am attempting to start a business with my husband (as those of you following my thread are probably sick of hearing about ;))

I gained a bunch of weight after high school - I got up 170lbs, lost 20lbs a couple years ago, then put it all back on again. I'm in the low 160s now, and have been around NF since January of this year, slowing changing habits, and while I haven't seen as much weight loss as I'd like, I'm definitely levelling up my life, and I know it'll come.

I'm 33, married (heretofore named 'DH' (darling husband) or 'the hubbs'), with no human children (I do have 2 dogs who feature occasionally prominently in my posts depending on what kind of drama they've inflicted upon my life) 

I am fortunate enough to work from home for the moment - I'm a freelance copy writer/editor/designer with a small 1-person copywriting & photography business. But, as I've freaked out about in previous challenges, that could all change in an instant. My sole (40 hour a week) client was supposed to have phased my position out at the end of June - but lucky for me, she doesn't actually want to, so I'm still clinging on to employment. For today. I'm in the process of looking for something more stable - and trying not to let it stress me out too much. 

As for what led me here ... it was about damn time. I've historically been diametrically opposed to exercise. Sweat and me are still not friends, but we've drawn up a truce agreement. My weight issues started at puberty - when I woke up with ginormous child-bearing hips that don't really "go" with the rest of my petite frame. This has caused me much in the way of body issues - from pre-teen & teen anorexia to other issues like self-harm and self esteem drama. It's been a long slog climbing out of that trench, but I finally decided to do something about it (other than stop eating - which was always my go-to pounds dropper). A few years ago, I started with the Wii Fit and lost about 30 pounds - got into smaller pants sizes than I ever thought possible - and really cleaned up my eating (transitioned from the SAD to one filled with whole grains, no bacon & no cheese). That worked for about a year, then I got tired of my Wii Fit disc and discovered the joys of food trucks and it all went downhill from there. 

Now I'm eating completely differently again - sticking to a mainly paleo diet - and have transitioned from doing yoga & cardio at home to a longer (90 day) fitness regimen with an eye toward building the strength to participate in an obstacle course race this spring. I'd also like my saddlebags to magically disappear, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. Totally never thought I'd be doing any sort of mud exercise yelling thing as a 16-year-old wanting so badly to be in different skin. Never thought I'd pick up a weight, either, and now I'm planning on hopping on the kettelbell bandwagon when my 90 day program is over. 

I've been on NF since January and have found a sense of community and friendship I wasn't aware I was sorely missing. Social IRL isn't my favorite thing in the world (an understatement) and I'm really happy to have found a group I can lean on for support when I need it, an ass kicking when its warranted, and that provides an outlet for some of the useless food knowledge I have. 

So, that's me in a nutshell. I'm also sardonic, foul-mouthed, and occasionally hilarious. Ooh, and I like crafts and design. 

I think this is more explanation about myself than I've ever put anywhere - including online dating profiles. Usually it's a 'i'm me - you figure it out' response :) 

Thanks Matt_72 for the update! My previous post o' links has been updated, but I've also included the list here in case anyone is lazy like me and doesn't want to flip back!

Fonzico - Fonzico's Daft Punk Challenge (Rangers)

Jo2926 - Jo2926 Running (well walking quickly) back to fitness (Adventurer)

Matt_72 - Matt_72 Rollin' with the Scouts (Scouts)

redtomato501 - In Which RedTomato501 Tries to Ketchup to Her Potential (Warriors)

Skywalker - Skywalker still cycling while mixing it up and making good choices (Scouts)

Kaiwa - Kaiwa - Level 1: Reclaiming what is mine (Level 1)

Darkfoxx - Darkfoxx 6: *Insert Something Witty Here* (Rangers)

Dragoness - The Quest Begins (Level 1)

Who am I? Well...
  • 27 y.o. woman in DC, USA
  • work in a non-profit youth organization doing workforce development with young adults
  • Girl Scout leader and cat foster-er
  • amateur hobbyist in guitar, piano, photography, writing, crafts, etc.
  • Ultimate Frisbee enthusiast, but unable to play since my injury in January, which is my second injury in 1.5 years.
  • Because of injuries, haven't been able to exercise in usual format, so joined the gym a few months ago, and my first NF challenge in June.
  • Absolute slob with a love for organization

Good to hear everyone's story. Knowing why we are here I think makes it easier to focus on the changes we want and to motivate each other better - GREAT IDEA!

Me. I'm 33, married and no kids (but desperately trying. In fact I almost put it down as a goal LOL). I work in an office, stressful job, long hours, and have signed a million confidentiality clauses to never be allowed to speak of the evil place. 

Heath wise I have M.E. which means my body does not always do as I ask it to, and I suffer from extreme fatigue and pain most of the time. Eating right and exercise help though, and I am extremely stubborn so often push through the pain and sometimes make myself ill-er. In my spare time I'm into new age type stuff, and I teach workshops in stuff like meditation, herbal craft, sacred dance, and bushcraft and the like. Which makes my difficulty with my daily meditation goal very ironic....

I came to nerd fitness because I found everyone here so normal, and cool, and supportive. All the other web sites I looked at seemed very judegmental and I love that here, as long as you try your best, you can be one of the cool kids. Ultimate fitness goal is to make it into the man section of the gym - but thats some way away yet!

And thats me......

i don't think I've ever been accused of being one of the "cool" kids. But, since most of the things I love are now kinda? maybe? cool (geekery, boardgames, photography, crafts and previously seriously unhip things like needlepoint and paper crafting) maybe... :)