Eve goes onwards and upwards

I am Eve

Here I go.

I don't know if it's madness or the smartest thing I could do to continue in this challenge right now.

The next two weeks I will wrap up the last twelve years, that I spent working at the same hospital with the same people pretty much. Tomorrow for instance I'll empty my room.....

There will be a lot of goodbyes and some sorrow, among a lot of other feelings. Then I'll  pack up and go to another city about one hour by plane from here, where I'm renting a furnished apartment which will be my base on weekdays for the next six months. I'll work one week, then attend a meeting abroad and then go back to introduction at my new place. This is something I really want to do and I NEED to get away from my workplace but I can feel in my entire body that the next six weeks will be very upsetting and intense.

What I need to do, and have done, is to see to it that I am in best possible shape. I will continue MAKING IT WORK as in last challenge. This is not a time to make changes and challenge myself even more - life will take care of that for me :pride:

My motivation is also the same:

I suffer from fatigue syndrome - a bad work environment pushed me over the edge in 2011 and I am still working on getting back. I need my routines for rest and recovery to survive. That's how important they are. There's only one possible direction for me, and that's forward!

I am moving onwards and upwards. I am excited and scared to death. I need my routines as before and they are listed below

Daily yogapractice.

One hour. I need it, I crave it. These last six weeks I have gotten deeper into my practice both on the spiritual and physical level. My teacher has given me challenges in both areas, and I am evolving. At my new place I'll be on my own with time to develop, study and train.

Grading
A 42-37 B 36-34 C 33-31 D 30-28 E 27-25

Running

I will keep to the same formula, 15 k's once and then two more runs per week. Close to where I live there will be two wooded areas suited for runs.

Grading
A 18 - 16 times, 6 - 5 times 15 k
B 15-14, 4
C 13-12, 4
D 11-10, 3
E 9-8, 2

Keep sane

I am experiencing a lot of stress!! Leaving the old place, getting settled in the new place. My anxiety levels are increasing, my shoulders are tightening and so on.

In addition to yoga and running I will include managing the move as a health goal. In order not to go insane I will each day address one of the things I have to plan/decide/book, etc for the move of job and home. At the moment things are flying around inside my head in a very disorganised manner so I can't put a list and then just cross things out because there is no list!!!

There will be a list that I keep adding to during the challenge, a list of things managed or addressed

Grading (days)

A 42-37 B 36-34 C 33-31 D 30-28 E 27-25

Life quest

Identical to before:
Work-new job starts 1/10. Studying is important to enable me firstly to blow the dust from my existing knowledge. Secondly there are quite a few new things to learn. Creating the routine to study every week is vital for my career.

Pass or fail is the grading here

*closing my eyes and jumping out into the unknown*

I have chosen to believe in myself.

List of actions taken to keep sane

16/9 Clearing and emptying my room at work. Most of it will be finished today. Then the lump in my stomach will hopefully
disappear.
17/9 Packed the remaining three boxes. Now there is only dust left.
18/9. Sent email to the person in charge of planning the work schedule. Had meeting with financial adviser, which needed to be done before the move.
19/9 Planned for a "going away" gathering with people from work, to take place next week. Had my last session with my psychologist.
20/9 Prepared documents that need to be finished before leaving the workplace. Continued the "goodbye chats"
21/9 Preparing for winter in the summer house. Putting away furniture, fertilizing, etc.
22/9 Cleaned and organized the garage, so we can put stuff that needed moving from the basement after a waterleak, plus some of the boxes from my office. A lot of work.
23/9 Loads of laundry for the move and trip. Ordered and picked up a guidebook for the trip. Sent an email to all colleagues re: me leaving.
24/9 Went to a bizarre and unpleasant lunch with my boss......She had invited me, I should have said no. More laundry. Went through finances with my partner. Paid bills
25/9 Farewell night out with a few friends from work. Feeling sentimental!
26/9 Baking cookies for last day at work tomorrow. Packning for the move
27/9 Managed last day at work. Handed in key. Now final packing!!
28/9
(this is when I move)
Trainride south with two heavy bags. My new landlord offered to pick me up and I gratefully accepted. Went shopping to start up the household, unpacked and collapsed in bed.
29/9 First day at new place. I checked out tickets for local transport and bought commuter tickets to the airport. Planned and bought tickets for commuting by train and plane this fall (this took a looong time)
30/9 Did some bike reconnaissance regarding how to get to work tomorrow, etc. Decided the last details with my landlord. Researched and booked more tickets for my commute back home (I will do planes and trains)
1/10 First day at new job. A LOT of info and new people, logins, and email, and introductions....Focused on taking breaks to be able to concentrate, and focused on making a good first impression. Remained efficient.
2/10 Second day a work, a little bit less confused. Continued staying focused and efficient. Started planning for the next schedule (Dec-Feb). Got updated on their health policy.
3/10 Another packed introduction day, I got organized with my locker, went and visited their gym, started researching their database.
4/10 I had a long meeting with my new boss, planned for the next scheduled work period, signed my contract, started careful planning for some research.
(going abroad)
5/10 Sent an email with the planning for the next period at work to my coordinator at work (Dec to Feb)
6/10 Kept sane by enjoying that I got so far in my challenge that I am in Paris....Rested
7/10 A while a go I received an email that my boss had interrupted a planned series of consultations with a psychologist (for me) 

I decided to question whether she actually had the right to do that, and I won!
8/10    Continued planning my work schedule via email
9/10    Had some time to catch up with my partner and discuss how he sees the future and what our different options are.

Planned for a course I am going to in November
10/10  Making sure that emails don't pile up even though I am on a combined work and recreational trip  
11/10  A day of leisure after three days of lectures!
12/10  Traveled back home, spent most of the time digesting and going through notes and pictures of slides 
(coming back)
13/10  Planned all the trips to between work and hometown until Christmas
14/10  Back at work, doing more clinical work after a week of introduction. Dead tired at night
15/10  Used my yoga session today as away of avoiding getting hyper. To do list is growing and I need to keep very active not   

adding "unnecessary" things
16/10  Things are gaining a momentum and speed is increasing. That is ok as long as it is a conscious choice. Busy day at work,  

a lot of people are sick (flu season) and I developed a headache that didn't go away. Decided to REST

17/10  This is about something I work on every day. Since I live alone on weekdays it would be so easy to stay up late, not cook

proper food, be a slob.....I try to (and succeed ok) keep a good discipline, cook at least three out of four evenings, go to

bed on time (I'm really good at that)
18/10 Long trainride home, managed a lot of emails that needed answering a started writing a certificate I was asked to

write a long time ago

19/10 Continued catching up on email

20/10 Prepared for work next day, I am rotating between wards on my introduction.
21/10 Feeling restless, prioritized my yoga. Went to look at a new apartment - exciting!
22/10 At the moment I crave rest and try to prioritize it. Read a book for the first time in ages.
23/10 Rested.
24/10 Planned for my trip home, and packed

25/10 Answered some emails on my way home by train
26/10 Dinner with my mother in law. Paid the bills
27/10 Planned for the next period in my schedule (early next year)

Wow Eve! You are in for a big 6 weeks. 

If anyone can keep a strong yoga practice through it all, it is you! You got this!

Hmmm, I wonder if we should be list buddies? ;)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

1hour of yoga everyday? WOW that is awesome :) You must really love it. The same with running =- 15k's sounds like a tough thing to do. Well I know for me it's simply impossible :)

wish u all the best - goals looks great, hope u can stay on track despite all the job craziness!!!

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Wow Eve! You are in for a big 6 weeks. 

If anyone can keep a strong yoga practice through it all, it is you! You got this!

Hmmm, I wonder if we should be list buddies? ;)

Yes, lets!!! Your lists are sooo much more attractive than mine :nightmare:

1hour of yoga everyday? WOW that is awesome :) You must really love it. The same with running =- 15k's sounds like a tough thing to do. Well I know for me it's simply impossible :)

wish u all the best - goals looks great, hope u can stay on track despite all the job craziness!!!

Thank you Panczo! Yep, love my yoga...and I think very few things are impossible

tough challenge, but you will conquer it 

You have more going on in that few weeks than i have in my life :o

I know, it's kind of crazy...and a hard balance. Also - comparing lives is so tricky, what's easy for one person is nearly impossible for the other :pirate:

i am def late on this - but congrats on being made a guild leader! looks like you've got some major things happening.  i understand the knot in the stomach. i moved about 3.5 years ago to start a new job.  left everything for a strange new town.  you are a strong person.  once the initial nervousness wears off you will be just fine.  i have no doubt.

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Thank you Panczo! Yep, love my yoga...and I think very few things are impossible

I agree :) but as for today there is no way I could run 15K's in one shot :) i'm not saying I couldn't one day... just today... and tommorow :)

anyways ... go get your goals girl !!! :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Yes, lets!!! Your lists are sooo much more attractive than mine :nightmare:

I actually liked your idea from your second post. Adding that to mine. I am going to list the things I have done that are not part of my usual daily stuff. :) 

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

i am def late on this - but congrats on being made a guild leader! looks like you've got some major things happening. i understand the knot in the stomach. i moved about 3.5 years ago to start a new job. left everything for a strange new town. you are a strong person. once the initial nervousness wears off you will be just fine. i have no doubt.

Hi there, nice to see you, and thank you :-) Your words are very comforting-the boat is rocking a lot at the moment ( 8 days left ).

You and I have a lot in common with our goals this challenge! I also have/need my daily routines to get me through a challenging few weeks as well as setting myself daily goals that I need to accomplish.

Best of luck with everything! Can't wait to see you rock this!

I ' ll do my best not to disappoint you ;-)

Will come by you for inspiration as soon as possible !

Hey Eve,

I hope the move goes smoothly for you, I know how stressful they can be, I've moved house 5 times in the past 5yrs!! twice to different cities. Lists are the best. I used to just write something down in my phone soon as it came in my head incase I forgot it afterwards.

I love how you've made doing one active thing a day towards the move as part of your challenge. It will really help :)

Best of luck with the new job and new place.

'The only Limits you have, are the ones You set for yourself'

1    2

Eve, my prayers are with you that you can stay stable and sane while your boat is rocking so much! Transitions are so difficult and terrifying, but you have a good strategy to get through this.

Thank you so much Eilyd, I need all the support I can get :-)

Best of luck with everything! Moves are difficult enough to manage on their own, and you'll be traveling as well... but you can do it!

Thanks a lot ! In one week I'll be on the train.....

Somehow it's good that it's six more days but in other ways I wish it was now ....

Hey Eve,

I hope the move goes smoothly for you, I know how stressful they can be, I've moved house 5 times in the past 5yrs!! twice to different cities. Lists are the best. I used to just write something down in my phone soon as it came in my head incase I forgot it afterwards.

I love how you've made doing one active thing a day towards the move as part of your challenge. It will really help :)

Best of luck with the new job and new place.

Hi Kiara! Wow - 5 moves in 5 years, that's a handful. How did you manage?

Yep , I make LOTS of lists.

Making the steps part of the challenge serves many purposes; increased motivation as well as sensing accomplisment:-). And GETTING IT DONE

Hey guys, Saturday check in.

Weeelll - I know it would be hard but I'm really struggling!!

The atmosphere at my workplace is weirder and worse than ever, with some bullying on top. I just focus on getting through these last five days, not get into fights and keep a straight back. I am superstressed with a knot between my shoulderblades but I have kept my calm so far. There are so many things to plan with packing for the move and then from there I'll go on another trip.....The kids are coming on Monday and we want to be there for them as well, on Wednesday I have a small going away party (we're going to a pub), on Thursday my partner leaves and on Saturday....off I go. I am working full time this last week as well.

I have done something for my move to run smoothly/for planning/etc every day. So far I managed to run once, and tomorrow I'm planning 15 k. I studied yesterday - it was difficult to focus but I did it. Yoga has happened three times and will today as well.

I think next Saturday when I arrive I'll just collapse under a blanket and REST!!

Hoping you all are having a better weekend!!

Mmm, blanket ...

Love this, haha!

Hey Eve, I'm not part of this guild but doing yoga a lot more this challenge, so I thought I'd stop by. Respect for the 1hr/day yoga practice! It sounds like the best kind of stress reliever for your situation. Do you practice a particular style? Always in the studio or at home as well? I usually do it in front of my TV at home. I miss the days of going to class frequently, but too many time crunches... Anyway, looking forward to following along to your journey!

sicil

Level 4 Xeph Assassin

STR 6.5 | DEX 15 | STA 12 | CON 10.5 | WIS 9.5 | CHA 8.5

Current Challenge: Lucky In Love

#4 Finding Zen#3: Preparations For Battle | #2: Ninja School | #1: Lapsed Ninja

"You're welcome on my boat. God ain't." - Firefly

Love this, haha!

Hey Eve, I'm not part of this guild but doing yoga a lot more this challenge, so I thought I'd stop by. Respect for the 1hr/day yoga practice! It sounds like the best kind of stress reliever for your situation. Do you practice a particular style? Always in the studio or at home as well? I usually do it in front of my TV at home. I miss the days of going to class frequently, but too many time crunches... Anyway, looking forward to following along to your journey!

Hi sicil, nice of you to drop by. I mainly practice at home actually - and I enjoy it a lot. However there has been little going on lately. Hoping to improve a lot after my last day at work tomorrow.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines