The Courtyard (General Chat/Throwdown Thread)

Kishi

So, here's a thought I had.

I usually set up this thread with the idea that we're going to hang out here and generally converse. That, however, is far too vague a topic, and it never ends up getting used for very much.

But just about every monastery has a courtyard, or some kind of large open area. And doggonnit. We have to have something like that too.

But what should we do in such a place? What can we do?

And then it hit me. Back in the day when I hung out Bullshido, we used to have throwdowns, where martial artists would get together in a school, fight for an afternoon, and then hug and go grab a beer and a burger (and regret nothiiiiiiiing!).

We can't do quite the same thing here, obviously. We aren't exactly close by, and travel presents a budgetary problem. But what we can do is have random bouts of physical contest - burpee duels, squat spars and the like.

Now, I know what you're thinking, how we have teams and such like that to workout with the other guilds. And those are great, they really are. What I'm thinking here is something much shorter-term, say, like, for a single workout or something. We can play around with this, though. Not a whole lot set in stone, save the hope that we do it.

Worst case, we end up not using this thread again, but if y'all have some energy to spare and you want to get your workout on with someone, this here's gonna be the place to make it happen.

I want in. I made the mistake of challenging one of cooks at work to a push up contest. I did 22 regular and then he busted out with 50 diamonds. I don't mind losing but I do mind not trying.

I had not attempted a plank record since May, so I had no idea how this would turn out.  I guess all the Convict Conditioning is paying off, though, 'cause I blew my last PR of 1:05 out of the water.  My time today was 2:03!  No matter what level of awesomeness LLW brings, I can be proud that I beat the crap out of myself.

http://youtu.be/OAqBitV574c?t=23s

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

I had not attempted a plank record since May, so I had no idea how this would turn out.  I guess all the Convict Conditioning is paying off, though, 'cause I blew my last PR of 1:05 out of the water.  My time today was 2:03!  No matter what level of awesomeness LLW brings, I can be proud that I beat the crap out of myself.

http://youtu.be/OAqBitV574c?t=23s

... oh boy. I have my work cut out for me. I'll do this later today at the gym and see if I can get a video.

So, you want a push up contest then, Chef?

NOT against you! 

Maybe towards the end of the challenge I will feel up to it. But I do think I will throw down a burpee challenge at some point in the next 6 weeks.

I will try the plank my best is 1:54 but I have been working on them and have done 5 at :45 so I think I could have a good go around at that.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines