• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AshPS

THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE!!

Alrighty my lovelies, day one has come and been a quiet success. Or at least that's how I'm seeing it right now. I'm sure I'll have a massive mood swing in a few hours and be angry at how it's gone... My body really hates me right now. Anyway, update's here.

It's awesome to see so many new faces (and of course the return of some familiar ones!), and I hope everyone has an epic start to their challenge!

Now to go and find where everyone's threads have gone this time around...

Hey gang! About to get on a plane, so my challenge thread update will be a bit late, but I wanted to check in and wish everyone a wonderful first day!!!

STARTLING CONFESSION! I don't even know HOW to Oreo. Or Dougie. I was never taught. #cookiemonstermash #nancywaffle #IpitytheReagan

I don't even know what those are. Although I can guess on the first, and I did a half-bag yesterday.

Cant wait to see some more of these challenge threads popping up!

My first day was a great start to my challenge - smashed everything except my life goal (get ready to move). That was because i spent about 5min at home yesterday! I barely even live there anymore and I never stay there! maybe its a good thing that its moving time!

Hope everyone elses first day was great :)

Hey guys!

Checking in. Day has been nonstop busy, but I am thrilled to see all the activity going on here!!

Whoo Hoo on everyone smashing through this first day!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Gonna try to get around to visiting everyone but forgive me I run behind- you guys are rcoking the awesomeness!

Planning on a group activity hopefully this week, just trying to pin down the details!

And remember guys...........

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?!!!

Finally got my crap done and details posted. The overview is in the challenge thread, the details are in the BL.

Now to eat some scream, take a show, and catch up on the fors.

I'm unnecessarily abbrev'ing errything ATM. Cept unnecessarily. I'm not a savage.

#cheers

#needashower

#nancyshowerreagan

#firstshowerlady

#waffleshowers

#Ipitytheshowerwaffle

Ah! I walk away for five sconds and I'm late to the party. Well, I'm here now. It's early, I'm hungover, and I have to do some homework before I get off to class, so I'll have to post my challenge thread later today. Go forth and destroy things today, everyone!

Ayla Ayla Ayla Ayla!  Welcome back!  We've missed you  :loyal:

Okay, so I'm struggling with staying focused and productive at work.  My mind keeps wandering to my fitness and my goals here.  I keep reading and learning, but my work suffers.  For now, I'm adjusting for it by not counting the time that I am not productive, but I can only do that so long.  Thankfully my work is flexible enough that I can do that within reason.  Irony is that I'm on here typing this, thus continuing it, but I needed to say it.  Now, my son is not feeling well and I may have to leave work early to stay home with him.  I am horribly unproductive at home.  :upset:

Okay, so I'm struggling with staying focused and productive at work.  My mind keeps wandering to my fitness and my goals here.  I keep reading and learning, but my work suffers.  For now, I'm adjusting for it by not counting the time that I am not productive, but I can only do that so long.  Thankfully my work is flexible enough that I can do that within reason.  Irony is that I'm on here typing this, thus continuing it, but I needed to say it.  Now, my son is not feeling well and I may have to leave work early to stay home with him.  I am horribly unproductive at home.  :upset:

This may settle down as the challenge goes on brader. I know even for myself there is a high excitement level right at the start of the challenge. You may find in a week or so that you find your balance. And though I do agree that you shouldn't let it interfere with your work, reading and learning and being inspired here about your fitness are indeed productive overall.

Don't be too hard on yourself, focus on balance. And I hope your son is ok and gets better soon! You have my bestest wishes with you today! ^_^

Hey Hey My Bridgade!

Checking in to say that I hope everyone is having an AWESOME Tuesday and smashing goals!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

I still gotta go through and sub everyone's threads, but for now I finally got my challenge thread up. It's in my signature. Warning: Nothing positive is going to be coming out of that thread for the next few days; I'm quitting smoking cold turkey and I'm already an absolutely miserable bitch :nightmare::hopelessness::mad-new::angry:. I can't wait until whatever the hell this mood I'm in is stops.

I still gotta go through and sub everyone's threads, but for now I finally got my challenge thread up. It's in my signature. Warning: Nothing positive is going to be coming out of that thread for the next few days; I'm quitting smoking cold turkey and I'm already an absolutely miserable bitch :nightmare::hopelessness::mad-new::angry:. I can't wait until whatever the hell this mood I'm in is stops.

We're rooting for you!

That we are fearless leader! Hope your day is going amazing and fine as well!

So far so good. Still A LOT of catching up to do! :nightmare:

Ayla sweetie!!! I am soooo thrilled you are here and be strong we are here to support you!!! Heading over! :triumphant: :triumphant:

AshPS gorilla'd guerrilla'd me into introducing myself here. And it's working.

So yeah, hello world! I'm M, a mathematician, a hobbyist novelist, and martial artist. I'm working on preparation for life after challenge #2. Literally.

I've had some indirect contact with the Gurren Brigade during the last challenge; I recognize a few faces from bluekiwi1's, Snow's and PhDifferent's challenge threads. It seems like the Brigade's hallmark signature has always been lots of huge-sized centered red text (predominantly "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!") and the gratuitous use of exclamation marks and smileys. Well, why not? I sure could have used that during the Week of the Thesis Frenzy.

I should also mention that I have no idea which franchise, if any, the Gurren Brigade is based on.

So yeah. Hello, world! If you're willing to have me, then thanks, and I'll take care of the "paperwork" (the accountabilibuddies spreadsheet) tomorrow, when I get back onto a computer that groks Google Docs. (One of the consequences of using somewhat non-standard computer equipment.)

(On an unrelated note: if you are also willing to do me a favor, then please apply your accountability goodness to this girl. If I need accountability, then she needs it doubly so. Plus, I reckon it'd be a boost of motivation if suddenly a bunch of people came in to her thread out of nowhere yelling "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?" and stuff; she wouldn't feel quite so lone ranger-ish. Thanks.)

(On an unrelated note: if you are also willing to do me a favor, then please apply your accountability goodness to this girl. If I need accountability, then she needs it doubly so. Plus, I reckon it'd be a boost of motivation if suddenly a bunch of people came in to her thread out of nowhere yelling "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?" and stuff; she wouldn't feel quite so lone ranger-ish. Thanks.)

Whooooo!!! So glad you came!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

(was that sufficient use of exclamations and smileys???? lol)

Hero can do a better job of explaining what the Gurren Brigade is based on. Which I am sure he will be happy to do when he next checks in.

And, no prob M. I'm on it! ^_^

Welcome M (and anybody else I may have missed.)

Yes, this group is notable for its enthusiasm and giant red text. The excitement is infectious. We can't help it; we are just attacking our goals with everything we have. We don't make excuses, we make history!

I know I still have to go through and sub everyone's thread. Oh man, I am so behind. It's because I have been scrambling to get my own goals sorted out. As I had them, my nutrition plan was not working, my mood has been going south, I've even gained what I assume must be bloat weight. Lesson learned: focusing on whole grains is not for me. Vegetables on the other hand, seem to act as quickly and effectively on my mood as any drug. I tweaked my goals a bit, I'm feeling better today and I think I'm getting back on track. Certainly my mood has improved.

My Coach is putting me through the ringer this week. Intentionally so. I made the mistake of telling him that I hadn't been sore in a while. Well, actually I'm glad for it. I feel like it's just what I need right now. We'll see what tune I'm singing by the end of the week!

Keep striving, keep up the good work, keep kicking ass!

I know I still have to go through and sub everyone's thread. Oh man, I am so behind. It's because I have been scrambling to get my own goals sorted out. As I had them, my nutrition plan was not working, my mood has been going south, I've even gained what I assume must be bloat weight. Lesson learned: focusing on whole grains is not for me. Vegetables on the other hand, seem to act as quickly and effectively on my mood as any drug. I tweaked my goals a bit, I'm feeling better today and I think I'm getting back on track. Certainly my mood has improved.

Since I went primal (very little grain, with specific focus eliminating all wheat and corn) I have never felt better.  I'm one of the believers in the "wheat belly" phenomenon.  When I have allowed a "cheat" something as small as a single cookie has given me belly trouble.   :miserable:   The longer I am off all that, the more I think the sweets aren't worth the hassle they bring!  

Nice work Ayla.  WHO IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE.  YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS.  My husband quit smoking 5 years ago, and while there are tons of stories about people who always want to smoke, I first hand swear it is not everyone.  While he can smell cigarettes a mile a way, it makes him grateful that he has stopped and he has no more desire.  Anyway, we are here for you.  Just a side note, I quite enjoy the way a hand stand makes me feel, I have never done any drugs, but I would say it is a short term high.  It might be something to try.  Definitely no science behind it.

Jodi, amazing job with the diet.  I am glad it makes you feel better!!

Buggs, I am glad you are back. 

DWD, M, and Brader 24, Glad you are with us

Yippee Hero is posting.