Dragoness' Epic Quest Blooper Reel

Awww right. I am here to lay some foundations and accomplish some goals. Questpost is here, and notes on the daily grind will be here (as in this very thread). I now pledge 100% up-frontery and to do my best in the upcoming challenge period.

Goals for tonight include tidying up to get myself in the mindset; clean house/clean diet/clean progress. After that I'll make a few paleo meals in advance to get ahead for the week, and maybe throw a galaxy-wide party to celebrate the dawn of a new age :P

Good luck everyone! 

The Rogue of Void: 

Level 0 First-Time Challenger

Current Quest Bed ~ Current Battle Log ~ The Re-Firing Squad

Guts. Glory. Revenge.

Ok. So this week was low on the motivational front; hardly got anything done around the house besides pack for my weekend trip. And even that's not done. But that's normal, and I've been assured that the zombie mode will pass (thanks for the encouragement, Jo!) 

Monday:

1 point for all paleo eating! I think this was an omelette morning, and homemade verde chicken on spaghetti squash for dinner. walnuts, and an apple sauce for lunch, plus a half a handful of walnuts or almonds a couple times throughout the day when I got hungry. 

1 point for exercise! I worked out waaay too hard last friday and was still sore, so I walked for about a half hour. 

1 point for water! Chugging like its my job.

No hours on the publishing project... like I said, no motivation.

Tueday: 

1 point for paleo eating! I actually had a smoothie on this morning, with strawberries and coconut milk (which is processed but I'm allowing unsweetened), a little coconut butter, and some dehydrated egg white powder; and a little bit of honey. Which is technically paleo! No lunch again, and I can't remember what dinner was, as it wasn't my night to cook, but we only eat paleo meals as a family so. 

1 point for exercise! Walked because I was so sore again. I also picked a beastmode workout hat; it's black with a grey dragon embroidered on it. Seems fitting with my username :P

1 point for water. I'm going to float away one of these days.

Wednesday: 

Point for Paleo - eggs again for breakfast, and homemade chicken soup with a little paleo mustard (made by Nathan's; it contains mustard seeds, vinegar, tumeric and other spices. woo!) on it for dinner. Lunch continues to be absent from my life, but that might be because I'm waking up at 10am regularly.

Point for exercise - I walked last night AND did a moderate workout. Im not as sore as I was last time but that might be a good thing ;p

Point for water - got the bottles in and had mugs of tea besides. I'm going to become an aquatic mammal during this challenge.

2 hours of writing done last night! Wasn't directed at my children's books but I had to break the writers block somehow, so I wrote a backstory for my nerd fitness persona. I might journal in character; i've done it in the past to deal with anxiety and maintain resolve, but it's crappy and a mish mosh of borrowed concepts so I won't log that here. I might do one on a different theme next challenge though!

Points so far: 

Goal #1 = 3/42 points earned, 3/3 attempts made, 100% success rate so far

Goal #2 = 3/42 points earned, 3/3 attempts made, 100% success rate so far

Goal #3 = 3/42 points earned, 3/3 attempts made, 100% success rate so far

Life goal = 2/21 hours logged, needs improvement

Woo! I'll update at the end of today before we travel, but my next update is likely to be Monday after that. Wish me luck!

The Rogue of Void: 

Guts. Glory. Revenge.

K. Back, and after a long recoup this week, finally feeling back up to the Challenge (pun sooo intended).

So, score:

Thursday: 1/1/1 points

Friday: 1/1/1 points (woo!)

Saturday: 0/1/0 (paleo failure)

Sunday: 1/1/1 (not two days in a row!)

Monday: 0/1/1 (house was empty after the weekend away. it was pizza or starve - I caved.)

Tuesday: 1/1/0 (water water water)

Wednesday: 1/1/1 (woo!)

Thursday: 1/1/1 (Back in business!)

The Rogue of Void: 

Guts. Glory. Revenge.

OOOOK. Hopefully I can get to posting semi daily like I was hoping now. Things I've been up to:

Last night I MIGHT have used A: Last Airbender ep. 18 season 2 (The guru episode) as a guided meditation. Y'know, when Guru is talking Aang through his chakras and emotional blockage and whatnot. It was very relaxing, and kinda made me think over my current priorities and feel a little more confident about this challenge. So there's that.

Today, I had a coconut milk and berrybanana smoothie with dehydrated egg white powder (paleo/vegetarian protein source!) for lunch, steamed veggies and olive oil for a late afternoon snack, and my mom's paleo chicken burgers and stir fry for dinner. I got hungry watching tv later so I had an apple and some coconut butter (I could eat that stuff raw and by the cup all day, erry day. not even kidding.) +1 Paleo!

I went to a local playground today and actually worked out like I haven't for a while. I usually just walk, or do some task around the house like paint or clean for a certain amount of time, and it was really good to do something again. I was working on an Avatar-inspired drill set; I found these waist-height U poles that are supposed to be for bikes, but no one uses them for that. I kinda split it up like this:

Air: That pose Aang does when he's riding the air ball - balancing on one foot's toes, other leg held up in front or across the lap. I took that pose and squatted up and down, 12 reps 2 sets using one hand to balance. I should/could have done more, but I was experimenting.

____: I did inverted rows underneath the U's.

____: I did inclined pushups/bent-over handstand combo balancing on top of the U's

____: I did a butterfly kick-style vault over the sides of the U's, tried to balance on them, etc. My core was sore after a few passes.

Working on it. I want to see if I can spruce up the exercises by researching the elements/their real martial arts bases. 

Anyway, +1 Workout

Last official goal: All the tea. All the time. (no sweeteners!) +1 water

I have continued to nervously put off final drafting and illustrating of my children's books, but no more! I decided on a format, and I will come up with a manuscript for the simplest one by the end of this challenge. I have no idea what is a realistic time length for this, but I'm going to be staying with my boyfriend for about 3 weeks starting next weekend while my parents go to Disney World (not kidding. Business trip.) so I expect to get a lot done while I'm there. I'll need to stay busy somehow :P

Le tally d'heure (somebody check my mathhhsss): 

Goal #1 ~ 10/42 Points, 10/12 attempts successful. 83.33% success rate (ouch). Highest possible score currently 95.2% 

Goal #2 ~ 12/42 points, 12/12 attempts successful (yeah not being able to keep still!) Highest possible score currently 100% (like a BOSS)

Goal #3 ~ 10/42 points, 10/12 attempts successful. Ditto goal 1.

Life Quest: 2.45/21 hours. I have logged much more than that looking into publishing advice and freelance work, but it wasn't all for the children's books so only get to keep some of that.

Keep on keep'n on

The Rogue of Void: 

Guts. Glory. Revenge.