Jakkals se manewales

Jakkals

hope everything is ok, jakkals - take care of yourself and rest when you need to.  And hooray you got cleaning done!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

hehehe succumbing to the feminine wiles of a pretty girl, every once in a while, is nothing to be ashamed of ;)  Some of us can be quite convincing :P

As for taking care of yourself - you do that!  It's as important as eating healthy and exercising. Your emotional and mental well being is part of all of it.  If it means taking a day to relax and treat yourself well in the face of a bad emotional day, that's ok :)

You're doing so well and i truly enjoy your updates, they're always so positive :)

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I miss running.

I never in my life thought I would say something like this, but since my foot started giving trouble and I had to stop running I could feel my mind going backwards into the dark places. The other exercise do help a lot, but with running it is such an easy way of exercise, here I am, there is the road, let's get on with it. There are no worries about doing it wrong, or trying to remember to count the push-up or thinking on what to do next. And it gets me out of the house.

I was asked by a co-worker to help her with something at her house, and I went there after work.  There was puppies and kittens. I w`ish I could stay longer.

And I took the bicycle to work this afternoon.

And I lost my pedometer. It is probably at work in one of 3 places, and I hope to find it again. 

lets-go-to-bed-im-tired-of-this-day-i-ne

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Can you go for walks, or does that hurt your foot too?  Walking could give you just as much benefit as going for a run, you just get less mileage.  I understand liking exercises where you don't have to put a lot of thought into it, or worry about equipment, you just go.  I hope you can figure out something that will work for you.  I never thought I'd like yoga, let alone love it, but I do.  Maybe there is something out there that you would love if you tried.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

I walk enough at work, and I use the bicycle. My foot is really getting better, I forget to do my stretching some days because it is not really sore, but I have to get it to heal properly this time, is is now almost 18 months since it started, and bothered me throughout the c25k, but this last flare-up was hell. 

And the car I was borrowing this week broke down, so I had another opportunity to use the bicycle, and I did most of my bodyweight workout. I used a new height (knee high) for the box-jumps, the first 10 were so-so and I almost fell on the second set, so I was too scared to go on.

And my pedometer is still lost. I have to consider buying a new one or abandoning that part of the challenge.

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Congrats on bumping up your box jumps! And take good care of that foot - it's hard to continue taking care of an injury even when its not hurting all the time, but your body will thank you!

Keep up the good work!

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

oh no about your pedometer!  I have a fitbit and i love it, so i know how you feel (cos i'd feel the same way if mine disappeared).  Maybe give it another few days before giving up on it.  Have you looked into an app for your phone to use in the meantime?

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

I can understand about the desire to get back to running.  Walking just isn't the same.  I've never biked enough to say how that stacks up.

I'm glad to see that you have kept going even with these new challenges.

orcs

Sometimes it feels like the world is not a helpful place.

swashbuckling

Sometimes we just have to get on our chandelier and fly.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Huge bummer about the ped loss. Hopefully it'll still turn up though, but if it doesn't, at least you'll get to splurge and buy a new toy! And congrats on the taller box height! Soon enough you'll be hopping through the whole second set, and realize how far you've come. Hope you have a great weekend! 

I can understand about the desire to get back to running.  Walking just isn't the same.  I've never biked enough to say how that stacks up.

I'm glad to see that you have kept going even with these new challenges.

I'm a huge fan of biking. I think it feels like flying (downhill anyway..). 

Cheers for sticking with the workouts despite all the challenges. I hope things are going better now and that you find the pedometer!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

And I had a bad (challenge wise) weekend.

Friday, I got my car back, and pushed through and applied for my passport. Very stressful, I am not good at dealing with people, but it turned into a non-event. So afterwards, I was very proud of myself, went to a shop  and stood in front of the ice-cream and decided I would be better of buying a pedometer. And couldn't find one. The local sports store sells cellphones but not pedometers. Bummer. I was so disappointed.

Today was Sunday, I was exhausted and slept through the entire afternoon. I was supposed to do some sprints, but didn't.

And yesterday, on Saturday, I spend the entire afternoon babysitting. Somebody who should have known better gave me this:

med_gallery_18865_583_653271.jpg

A six week old border collie, still unnamed. And I woke up this morning with him chewing on my ears.

med_gallery_18865_583_567433.jpg

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

And my weigh in this morning was at 104.8 kg (231 lbs). So far on this journey I have lost 15 kg (33 lbs).

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

I apologize to everybody for not commenting more on your challenges. I do read everything, but somehow cannot get myself to think of any sensible comments to make. 

I've been well for a long time, but the past two weeks have been hit by depression. And this is very bad, since the cause of it is beyond my control. 

It is a long story, not very complicated, but not something I can discuss with anybody. The chances are very good that I will lose my almost finished house.

And I will probably just allow it to happen to help my father who is being stupid at present. And I will be nice about it all. And I will probably still be treated like shit.

This challenge is about the only thing that is keeping me going. Posting online about small little victories in my life, to prove to myself that I will manage to overcome this.

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

And I had a bad (challenge wise) weekend.

Friday, I got my car back, and pushed through and applied for my passport. Very stressful, I am not good at dealing with people, but it turned into a non-event. So afterwards, I was very proud of myself, went to a shop  and stood in front of the ice-cream and decided I would be better of buying a pedometer. And couldn't find one. The local sports store sells cellphones but not pedometers. Bummer. I was so disappointed.

Today was Sunday, I was exhausted and slept through the entire afternoon. I was supposed to do some sprints, but didn't.

And yesterday, on Saturday, I spend the entire afternoon babysitting. Somebody who should have known better gave me this:

med_gallery_18865_583_653271.jpg

A six week old border collie, still unnamed. And I woke up this morning with him chewing on my ears.

med_gallery_18865_583_567433.jpg

Oh, he is adorable! But then I have a weakness for cute black and white animals...

minnie+and+snookie.png

Minnie and her sister, Snookie

minnie+and+rosie.png

Minnie and her mom, Rosie

Thought maybe they would cheer you up some. It sounds like a rough couple of days...

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

And my weigh in this morning was at 104.8 kg (231 lbs). So far on this journey I have lost 15 kg (33 lbs).

Good for you! That is a real accomplishment!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I apologize to everybody for not commenting more on your challenges. I do read everything, but somehow cannot get myself to think of any sensible comments to make. 

I've been well for a long time, but the past two weeks have been hit by depression. And this is very bad, since the cause of it is beyond my control. 

It is a long story, not very complicated, but not something I can discuss with anybody. The chances are very good that I will lose my almost finished house.

And I will probably just allow it to happen to help my father who is being stupid at present. And I will be nice about it all. And I will probably still be treated like shit.

This challenge is about the only thing that is keeping me going. Posting online about small little victories in my life, to prove to myself that I will manage to overcome this.

I am so sorry you are going through that, Jakkals! It sounds extremely stressful and unpleasant, especially when you've gone through so much to get it done. And to have family issues mixed in, too, just makes it worse. No wonder you are depressed!

Hang in there and hold onto the successes you have achieved. Sometimes those little victories are all we have for awhile, but they do add up and give us the strength to overcome life's difficulties. We are all rooting for you!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I'm all about this.

As for the real life crap, good luck with it. We're here if you do ever want to speak about it and forget small wins, you're kicking ass on your challenge!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

i'm sorry to hear about the stress in your life, Jaks.  Hopefully it will stabilise soon.  If i can give you one bit of advice - be good to yourself.  If assisting your family is not the best thing for you in the long run, perhaps you should consider that it shouldn't be done.  *that* will be a hard decision, but sometimes, in order to care for others you need to care for yourself first.  That's that done, now....

Well done on losing 15kg so far, on skipping the ice-cream (even if you didn't get a pedometer - try istore for a fitbit, if you can't find one next time) and congrats on eventually getting to home affairs for your passport!!  Dude you've accomplished so much this past weekend.  I hope those little victories remind you of your awesomeness and bring a little sunshine to your life. 

You should know you're welcome to drop me a line at anytime if you need.

My challenge

I am so impressed that even through depression, hardship, injury, family troubles, plus normal job and life and day-to-day struggle, that you are STILL HERE, doing this challenge, leveling up, dedicating time and energy to making the changes you want in your life, and just being an all around badass.  The small victories may not seem so important in the light of the bigger problems in your life, but you are keeping true to yourself, and building a code of honor and respect  with yourself that no one can take away from you! Whether your dragon is depression, weight loss, losing your home, or difficult relationships with the people you love, you are going to slay it, in your own time and in your own way.  I have a lot of faith in you, and I can't wait to see the amazing things you accomplish with your life.  

It's an honor to be doing this challenge alongside you, Jakkals!

This happens to me as well.

Your "small" victories are still real. 

Half orc giant killer

I'm glad for you that this online community is helping.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Well done dealing with the passport. Way to not eat the ice cream and look for a pedometer instead! Amazing job on the weight loss. Thank you for posting pictures of that adorable little puppy (squee!!). I'm sorry to hear that you are facing so many challenges in your life right now. But you're still here. You shall overcome. And we'll be here cheering you on! 

And you should look at this every day...

I am so impressed that even through depression, hardship, injury, family troubles, plus normal job and life and day-to-day struggle, that you are STILL HERE, doing this challenge, leveling up, dedicating time and energy to making the changes you want in your life, and just being an all around badass.  The small victories may not seem so important in the light of the bigger problems in your life, but you are keeping true to yourself, and building a code of honor and respect  with yourself that no one can take away from you! Whether your dragon is depression, weight loss, losing your home, or difficult relationships with the people you love, you are going to slay it, in your own time and in your own way.  I have a lot of faith in you, and I can't wait to see the amazing things you accomplish with your life.  

It's an honor to be doing this challenge alongside you, Jakkals!

Damn rowan. Hell yeah. 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines