Jakkals se manewales

Jakkals

Haha, 10 more years of no stress! Hooray!

I love hearing about the little critter, sounds like he's really starting to explore things!  Even if it is by chewing them...

Congratulations about clearing away the debt!  It is always such a good feeling to cross it off the list and not have to worry about it! 

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

well done on paying off your debt Jaks and even better because you did it with private sale money - so it doesn't break into your personal budget too much.  Nice going bud :)

Have a great end to your week. 

PS.  If you get some extra money, you should invest in a fitbit or something similar (I love my little fitbit - well worth the R900).

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Vonk sounds very sociable. And, he does about the same as my kittens - they run around at top speed and play, play, play, until they are totally exhausted, then sleep for hours. Congrats on your sale and clearing out debt - that's a good feeling and a smart thing to do!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Good job with clearing the CC debt.  That is a great accomplishment.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

"I will kill not to have staff." 

I prefer it when my dogs are sociable, and I can take them anywhere. My labrador went everywhere with me, and never on a strap, and I never had any trouble with her. I hope I can train Vonk to be the same.

Steps for today, 23327, distance 16.328 km.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

This is just walking during a normal working day, I am just gathering data for now, I don't normally check the total during the day.

Bicycle to work today, and steps were 20750, distance 14.525 km.

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

I took Vonk along to the workshop today after lunch. He ran around a lot, and then took liberties with the workshop cat, who then taught him some manners. The poor boy shivered all over when I picked him up.

And we had some rain tonight.

Steps for today, 15498,  distance 7,346 km. 

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Rest day today.

I started making a Viking helmet for my Nanowrimo party on Thursday. it is not complete yet, I still have to add rivets and leather on the inside. 3mm steel and old paint tin lids, horns from an unknown type of wood. 5 hours so far.

med_gallery_18865_583_125589.jpg

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Great helmet.

Great picture.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

looks like you had a great end to your week.  Would love to see the some up of your challenge.  Can you believe it's already over?

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Cool helmet! Vonk is really cute. He's grown!

Congrats on your challenge and I hope you'll be back in the Renaissance Rebels. Good luck on nanowrimo!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Righto, time for the end of challenge report thingy.

I started of with this depression, and it hit a very bad spot in week 3. That week is a blur, I cannot remember much of what happened, I did some stuff, but most not at all. It derailed my bodyweight routine completely.

My foot is still hurts. I neglect my stretching routine, so next challenge will include that.

I was 106.5 kg at the beginning of this challenge, and weighed 103.5 kg on Sunday morning. Not as good as I had hoped, but 3 kg over six weeks is not bad, it shows I am on the right track.

For my 3 goals:

1. Move a lot: I did record my steps, except for a blip in the middle where I lost my pedometer, but I got the new one and kept on recording. And I also took the bicycle to work twice a week for the entire six weeks. 

2. Pick up heavy stuff: My bodyweight routine stopped dead in the middle of this and I never got it back on track.

3. Eat healthy: The one thing that I am very proud of is my diet. At no stage during the entire challenge I went of track with eating. I think if I put all the things I have eaten that is "wrong" together it would barely cover a single plate, and that is because I never eat alone and have to eat what other people eat.

Life quest: Cleaning every day, not as good as I hoped, but I did a lot. My bedroom is now clean, and by clean I mean the windows washed, every single cupboard unpacked and cleaned inside, and I can walk in there now and not find anything out of place. 

Fitness side quest: Starting a pull-up program. Abandoned half way through. I am too heavy and not strong enough yet.

Procrastination stuff I had to work on:

I applied for and received my passport, I finished the new seat on the kayak, I did work on the Tanto, but run out of inspiration and ideas and still not sure how to complete it. I didn't touch my forge.

Final thoughts:

The depression was a baddie. I am back on medication, it is the only thing that kept me sane through that week, and I am still using it, but trying to cut back. Even though it helps my mind, my body somehow never relax, and I am tense all the way through, I had tension headaches for the past 3 weeks that constantly lurks just below the surface.

My final score: Not good at all, I would give myself a C- overall. I am very proud of my eating habits now, I've gathered data for my next challenge and are raking my brains on exactly how to approach it. 

And I finished the helmet today and made a nasty looking axe for it. (All edges nicely rounded) Our nanowrimo kick-off party is Thursday, my (incomplete) profile is here.

med_gallery_18865_583_27359.jpg

En vir hierdie uitdaging:

1- beweeg baie :            xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx

2- swaar goed:                x x x      x x x     x x x     x x x     x x x     x x x

3- gesond eet:               xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxx

Lewensles- skoonmaak: xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Sydoelwit optrekke:           x x x   x x x   x x x  x x x  x x x   x x x   x x x 

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

uh, i'm sorry, but you deserve nothing less than a B - don't be so hard on yourself!!  You did great, go back and read through what you've done.  You've got your passport, you got a new dog, you full on cleaned your room (not even mine is that clean and i'm a neat freak), you started on your Nano thing, you cycled to work twice a week for 6 weeks, you walked over 20k steps almost everyday, you ate healthy, etc etc - now please tell me again you only deserve a C?  Nonsense!!

Again nicely done, Jaks.  Seriously you really impressed this challenge.  I'm looking forward to seeing you do even better in the next one.  Enjoy the break.

My challenge

uh, i'm sorry, but you deserve nothing less than a B - don't be so hard on yourself!! 

Totally agree. You went through a serious battle with depression, and you stuck with the challenge. The whole damn challenge. You know what that makes you? A Big Damn Hero! (another reference to Firefly, I hope you can watch the show soon!). That wins you huge bonus points. You moved a lot, you got a lot accomplished, and you made awesome changes to your diet. I think you did a fantastic job! And I'm really excited about your next challenge. 

Oh, that axe and helmet are very cool!

Totally agree. You went through a serious battle with depression, and you stuck with the challenge. The whole damn challenge. You know what that makes you? A Big Damn Hero! (another reference to Firefly, I hope you can watch the show soon!). That wins you huge bonus points. You moved a lot, you got a lot accomplished, and you made awesome changes to your diet. I think you did a fantastic job! And I'm really excited about your next challenge. 

Oh, that axe and helmet are very cool!

Quoted for truth -- both about the challenge and the weaponry.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines