Drwho: I think you call me 'sexy'

DrWho

tumblr_ls3popyVat1qf4l3a.gif

New Challenge here we comeeee!!!! 

So my main quest is to be sexyyyy

haha, Halloween is right around the corner, and I have 3 weddings in the next 6 months.  1 of which I am the maid of honor.  I want to look damn good at all of these events.

Goals:

1.  Loose 10 lbs.  Although I only lost 5 lbs of the goal of 10 last time I'm gonna aim big again.  I'll be satisfied if I only loose 5 but why not reach higher? I'll weigh myself tomorrow on the official start date.

2.  I just signed up for a half marathon in January.  I haven't been running at all lately so I need to improve on that this challenge to be prepared for the race. 3x a week = A, 2x a week = B, 1x a week = C,  0x =F 

3.  Eating out is my weakness.  Last challenge I tried to just eat better when I'm eating out which I wasn't very successful at.  This time I want to try to trim down the amount of times I eat out a week.  Not only will this help me save for all of my wedding trips in the near future but will help me towards my main goal.  2 times or less eating out = A, 3 times = B, 4 = C

My fitness side quest is just to improve my upper body strength - since I had shoulder surgery I've lost most of my upper body strength I would just like to improve and be able to complete at least 5 normal push ups by the end of the challenge.

Life side quest: save money again - I was successful last challenge was to save 700 bucks so I'd like to do that again.  Save an additional 700 dollars by the end of this 6 weeks.  

ALLONS-Y!   :victorious:

allons-y, indeed! The Doctor's Wife is one of my all-time favorite episodes, by the way.   ^_^ 
good luck on your challenge! i'll drop in to see how you're doing over the next 6 weeks, and also to see what kind of Doctor-related GIFs you post.  ;)

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

So far so good this challenge. Offical weigh in yesterday was 168.4 so hopefully ill be 158 by the end of the challenge. I got a 6 mile run in on Sunday. I've been having some knee pain lately so I did f exercise yesterday to try to let it heal. Going to try to run tonight I think. I are out on Monday but I'm not going to count it. I ate healthy fast food no fries or drink. It was a lack of food in the house situation going on. No work on push ups yet ill probably try some arm stuff after my run this evening. So far so good!

"healthy fast food"   That phrase made me chuckle a little.  Good start on the challenge.  Be sure to pay attention to those pains and rest when your body tells you.  And please tell me the same advice when I comment on joint pains.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Smurray you're right! There is no such thing as healthy fast food.  I've been thinking about it and this challenge isn't about what I eat when I eat out it's about actually going out.  The only time I will not count fast food is if I order a salad.  That being said I did alright this week on the fast food situation.  Went on Tuesday for dinner and got a BLT,  Thursday night was my YOLO meal and I went all out at Outback.. I think I totaled my dinner calories to be like..1800 *face/palm* BUT that was the worse I did all week.  Friday I had sushi for dinner and yesterday I had chipotle for lunch (only 350 cals for that meal).  So this week is total at 4 fast food visits which is a C.  It's a good starting point and I have plenty I can improve upon! :D 

Running wise was good - went for a 6.5 mile run today - it was supposed to be a 7 mile but my knee started hurting around 6.5 and just decided to walk the rest of the way home.  It actually starting to get nice outside (thank goodness!) So out door runs are back. WWOOOHOOO!

Will do the official weigh in on Tuesday so no update on that

Push ups - got in 2 days of working on push ups and I can already feel some improvement - doing 3 sets of 10 standard push ups, 10 diamond push ups and 10 wide arm push ups.  Still super aware of my shoulder - every move I make I"m thinking ' does this hurt?... I don't think it hurts... maybe I should stop...no it doesn't hurt so you shouldn't stop....' haha - I think that will just go away with time and gaining back my shoulder confidence post surgery :P 

Last saving money... not so good this week - unexpected 400 expense has come up and will drain my account till the next pay check - hopefully I can still get some money put away by next week.. we'll see

On a side note: I wanted to see if any of ya'll had some advice.  My boyfriend and I have been dating for awhile about 3 years and live together.  Pretty much his hobbies include playing video games and booze.  He eats better now that we live together but I really would love to have some sort of activity we do together - hiking/biking/sport... anything really!!  He's a graduate student so he is really busy but he finds time every week to play video games and drink so he can find time to do something active if he wanted to... i've asked him if he would want to join a kickball beer league...nope... go hiking once a week... nope .... he bought me stuff for racquetball 2 months ago for my birthday and he's yet to come play with me.. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get him interested in going out and doing something active?.... any thoughts?? 

I will match you on that 4 count on eating out.  I think I did better with this before the challenge started.  Good job on the running and workouts.  I know the shoulder is driving you nuts, but you will quit "freaking" about it soon and be back to normal.  Just keep on keeping on. I am not sure about what to do about your boyfriend.  My wife and I, for years, would be out of sync on our health kicks and we would inadvertently sabotage each other's efforts during that time.  Just recently we have been on the same page and seeing the benefits of it.  What type of video games does he play?  Would that translate to an activity? 

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Way to go on those push-ups!  I'm sure you'll be less hesitant as time goes on and you get back into the groove of things.  :)

As far as the boyfriend, I have no good ideas either.  For me, it was just going out and doing things in spite of him.  Eventually he got tired of feeling lazy and heavy and decided to get on a bike...  I would suggest just having a frank discussion with him.  Let him know that you'd really like to find an outside activity you can do together and see what he suggests.  Even putt-putt is better than video games or beer...

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines