DWD: Spectacle Rock is an entrance to Death - part two

DWD

History

This is my second quest. You could call it Level Two. The Moon. As in a creepy dungeon under Hyrule. Yeah, my nerdy flavor is a scoop of Tolkien hand-dipped in 8-bit Zelda.

My history and motivation are spelled out in my first quest, but here's a little more. I have a mutation on at least one of several genes. CACNA1C coding for a subunit of calcium channels, and at three other sites on chromosomes three and ten. None of them would have mattered, but some events outside my control served as triggers and the result was a big mess for a lot of years. Inspired by Steve's video game approach to life, I lined out the LEGEND of 9, my quest to optimize the critical aspects of my life. (I of course had to replace the Arabic 9 with the equivalent Quenya symbol.)

It's been a year, and I'm doing great, messy mutated genes and all. Finding the forum, I realized I'd missed a fun journey. So I applied some of the LEGEND of 9 to a NF quest, loved it and met great people, so I'm back for more.

Here's what my life will look like for the next six weeks.

Main Quest – Death Mountain Gannon-Bane Ironman Triathlon. Under 13 hours. June 2014.

Bow

The Bow – complete weeks 7-12 of swimming, biking, and running schedule for +1 STAMINA

1 swim 1 mile in 40 min       bike 8 miles at 20 mph       run 4.5 at 7 min/mile

2             brick workout: bike 7 at 16 mph and run 1.5 at 6:45 min/mile

3 swim 1 mile in 27 min                                                 run 2.25 at interval sprints

4                                         bike 20 miles at 16 mph     run 4.5 at 7 min/mile

5 swim 1 mile in 40 min                                                 run 10 at 9 min/mile

6                                         bike 8 miles at 20 mph       run 5 at 8 min/mile

bracelet

The Power Bracelet – Complete weeks 7-12 of strength and weight training for +1 STRENGTH

Strength – sit-ups(2x), body weight squats(4x), push-ups(2x), pull-ups(x)

Weights – sit-ups(2m), squats(6m), vertical press(4m), lateral arm raise(2m)

1 strength: x = 33 reps, three sets      weights: m = 7.5, five reps, six sets

2 strength: x = 34 reps, three sets      weights: m = 7.5, six reps, six sets

3 strength: x = 35 reps, three sets      weights: m = 7.5, seven reps, six sets

4 strength: x = 36 reps, three sets      weights: m = 7.5, eight reps, six sets

5 strength: x = 37 reps, three sets      weights: m = 7.5, nine reps, six sets

6 strength: x = 38 reps, three sets      weights: m = 7.5, ten reps, six sets

shield

The Magic Shield – Time with my family for +1 CHARISMA

A Get kids up and ready for school four days weekly

B Home for dinner four days weekly

C Weekly date night

Life Quest

rupee

The Rupies – Finish my novel for +1 WISDOM

1 Schedule editing and blog tour with editing company

2 Finish and post a flash fiction piece

3 Draft of blog tour write-ups

4 Finish and post a short story

5 Review copy editing and adjust manuscript

6 Complete final final draft

Evaluation

A As planned

B Up to 10% slower, one less day weekly

C Up to 20% slower, two less days weekly

D Up to 30% slower, three less days weekly

F Failure - I haven't mastered using it, so I can't have it.

DWD

Hylian Scout

Excellent Job on those goals DWD!

Strength training! LOL We gots us something in commom! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Love having you in the group!

Sub'd!!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

sub'd is short for subscribed.. for us folks who want to follow you on your journey!

"Yeah, my nerdy flavor is a scoop of Tolkien hand-dipped in 8-bit Zelda"

That sounds delicious!

Serious goals there.. you are one motivated guy! GL :)

Level 3 | Half-elf | Adventurer

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3

Str 6 | Dex 4| Sta 8 | Con 6 | Wis 8 | Cha 5

Last night was strength training. It was hard! Partly I think it was my poor choices for lunch and dinner after a fasting morning. Remember that for next time.

But I also did more than ever:

33 sit-ups x3

33 push-ups x3

66 body-weight squats x3

16 pull-ups x3

I had to rest a few moments in the middle of some sets, but I didn't get any water until I was all the way done.

Best tasting glass in a long time.

DWD

Hylian Scout

Looks solid.  Nice job!  66 squats "tastes like burning."  Man that sounds like it hurts! (Especially late in a third set I would think.)

Awesome job!

Surprisingly, it was the second set. Weird. It's the push-ups and pull-ups that get me. That's why I'm not with the warriors. And because they can't catch me.

DWD

Hylian Scout

Surprisingly, it was the second set. Weird. It's the push-ups and pull-ups that get me. That's why I'm not with the warriors. And because they can't catch me.

Uhm..... I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty speedy when trying to catch a 2 yr old, lol! :playful:

Awesome job on the workout! Ugh, squats, got to do them tomorrow. :nightmare:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

:D

Still sounds like an awesome workout (if a little painful). I am faaar away from these rep numbers (I think my totals are lower than the reps of one measly set of yours... Oh, well.)

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

:D

Still sounds like an awesome workout (if a little painful). I am faaar away from these rep numbers (I think my totals are lower than the reps of one measly set of yours... Oh, well.)

Please remember I started this a year ago, just didn't know about the forum fun and challenges. In fact, let me check data...

I'm back. Seven weeks into this (September 2012) I was doing one set each of:

sit-ups x15

push-ups x10

pull-ups x7

That's it. One set. The whole workout.

Consider my posts coming through a wormhole from a future me. I really hope to be motivating to everyone who reads this, nothing else.

NO FEELING BAD FOR BEING IN A DIFFERENT PLACE! Get your Rebel GRR face on!

DWD

Hylian Scout

Please remember I started this a year ago, just didn't know about the forum fun and challenges. In fact, let me check data...

I'm back. Seven weeks into this (September 2012) I was doing one set each of:

sit-ups x15

push-ups x10

pull-ups x7

That's it. One set. The whole workout.

Consider my posts coming through a wormhole from a future me. I really hope to be motivating to everyone who reads this, nothing else.

NO FEELING BAD FOR BEING IN A DIFFERENT PLACE! Get your Rebel GRR face on!

Considering I just started on my way to my first ever real pull up... :D I'll get there. Eventually. Maybe check back in a year or so... ;)

I think it's amazing what people can achieve over time, so I don't give up hope. But I really wish things could progress a little faster... :onthego:

Hobbit 

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Yesterday was an off day for the body, but my brain was in high gear:

First two weeks of LIFE GOAL done in one day!

Good phone call resulting in action from the project manager about editing and promotion, and I finished my nerdy/macabre, flash fiction, early Halloween blog post!

GRR!

DWD

Hylian Scout

Yesterday was an off day for the body, but my brain was in high gear:

First two weeks of LIFE GOAL done in one day!

Good phone call resulting action from the project manager about editing and promotion, and I finished my nerdy/macabre flash fiction early Halloween blog post!

GRR!

Excellent! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

So what are you going with your free time in the next two weeks? Spend more time with the family? :)

Hobbit 

Way to be productive DWD!!  :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Excellent! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

So what are you going with your free time in the next two weeks? Spend more time with the family? :)

In the immortal words of Phineas Flynn:

Yes. Yes I am.

DWD

Hylian Scout

I had a day off from work today, so I took a three hour nap after the older kids went to school. Now I'm wrestling/pillow fighting with Mr. Preschool.

I did my run in between. The goal was 4.5 miles at 7:00 each for a time of 31:30, but on flat roads. Kind of tired of roads. Asphalt treats feet like a woman scorned. Trails? They caress them like a lover.

The spot I chose was the right distance, but has a couple hundred feet of elevation change, so I figured I'd be slower with my happier. I was, but only by 15 seconds! Thanks to my past self for not slacking off on strength training and weight lifting. And to my wife for the toe shoes on my last birthday. Love them on the trails!

For Swampling: typical run one year ago was none. Rarely, I'd go for two miles and it would take almost 20 minutes. And I felt horrible the whole time. Yay NF!

DWD

Hylian Scout

Well hello DWD!! I just wanted to pop in and say a friendly howdy. You were such an inspiration last challenge with your goals (I especially enjoyed your family time victories, good times..) I've started my initial challenge over since I needed to take advantage of the full 6 weeks instead of 2 ;)

So who won the Mr. Preshcool pillow fight? I can only assume Mr. Preschool himself. I know my son always wins. 

Anyhoo, best of luck with your current challenge. I'm so glad you love it here and continue the Quest! Congrats, Scout  :rolleyes-new:

Novice Adventurer With My Sights Set On Allies Of An Assassin's Persuasion. 

My First Challenge    My Current Challenge

This day will never come again, so let me have this moment. -Tifa Lockhart.

Level 2 Assassin

STR 3| DEX 1STA 1| CON 2| WIS 3| CHA 3

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines