FaePrice sheds hundreds of pounds!!!

FaePrice

FaePrice sheds hundreds of pounds!!!

Challenge #2, Beginning September 16th, 2013

Main Goal:  I want to lose body and physical/mental clutter weight! 

I want this in my body and in my home/to-do list/priorities.  I have so many things that need to be cleared out, updated, stream-lined, and simplified. 

Motivation:

There is a picture of me on spring break (my profile picture) with my friends many years ago.  I can't upload it yet, but hopefully soon.  I wasn’t really any thinner or anything, but I just look so happy and unencumbered!  And I feel like it’s a celebration of happiness and self-acceptance.  I think this will be a better motivator than just wishing I looked a certain way. Instead, I’ll just focus on wanting to be happy, and for me, my goals for this challenge are what I want to do to be happy!  And from the last challenge, I learned that I really thrive on flexibility and the ability to change directions, so I made my goals more broad, and even made one of them about trying new things!  I also did weekly goals and grading this time instead of daily, because it gives me even more flexibility to work out more some days, and none others!

Goals toward the main goal for the September 16th challenge:

Food & Exercise

1. Work through the whole plan in Potatoes Not Prozac, and end up being free of my sugar and food addiction, eating so much better, and ditching my obsessive preoccupation with food!
  2. Work out for 4 hours per week (about 35 min per day if averaged).
  3. Stay excited about fitness by trying something new each week!  Some ideas include roller skating, roller derby, solo mountain biking, a spinning class, an adult dance class, etc.  Things I have tried in the past include karate, adult ballet, zumba, Jazzercise, hiking with a local group, lap swimming, and pole dancing, etc.

Life:

1. Put an End to my Perfectionism. The process of achieving this will be to:
  • Let go and learn to be content and to live life for my own self-validation instead of external, achievement-oriented validation, and focus on making my own choices, because of my own reasons, completely being myself, and completely releasing other people’s opinions of me and the shame/secretiveness/hurt/rebelliousness/defeat that this has always made me feel. 
  • Eradicate my To-Do List by either completing tasks or deleting them forever and letting them go.  Made a list of everything, everything, everything that weighs on my mind and weighs me down.  It starts with 60 items, so I want 10 gone each week!  I want the list of priorities and responsibilities to end up with only a dozen things I strive to do each day and 4 priorities.  Everything else NEEDS TO GO!!!!!
  • Completely simplifying and ordering my life, including completely and wholeheartedly letting go of every facet of my life that I do not want to do, such as the idea that I need to have all of my computer files perfectly organized or that I am going to hang onto things that I plan to repair or use one day, but instead just sit there and continually drain me.
  • Really figuring out what my biggest priorities are and really releasing the rest, creating simplicity, freedom, and SPACE.
  • Allowing myself freedom of choice each day instead of feeling forced into a tiny box with no choices because of my responsibilities and the desires of other people.

Grading Scale (For each week):

Potatoes Not Prozac:

A:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Potatoes Not Prozac, all week

B:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Potatoes Not Prozac, 5-6 days

C:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Potatoes Not Prozac, 3-4 days

D:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Potatoes Not Prozac, 1-2 days

F:   Completed at least 1 additional step in Potatoes Not Prozac, <1 days

Exercise:

A:   4+ hours of exercise

B:  3+ hours of exercise

C:  2+ hours of exercise

D:  1+ hours of exercise

F:    <1 hours of exercise

Novelty:

A:  Tried something new and exciting this week!

B:  Tried something new, but only briefly and without giving it my all

C:  Chose several ideas, and prepared for & signed up for more than 1, but didn’t actually do any

D:  Brainstormed ideas and thought about signing up, but didn’t do anything

F:  Did nothing toward this goal

Put an End to Perfectionism:

A:  Made huge strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices to being inner-focused and based on freedom of choice, and cut 10 things off of the to-do list.

B:  Made good strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices to being inner-focused and based on freedom of choice, and cut 8 things off of the to-do list.

C:  Made some strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices to being inner-focused and based on freedom of choice, and cut 5 things off of the to-do list.

D:  Made very little strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices to being inner-focused and based on freedom of choice, and cut 1 thing off of the to-do list.

F:  Made no strides or backwards strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices to being inner-focused and based on freedom of choice, and didn’t do anything or added things to the to-do list.

Helloooo!

I know what you mean about defeating perfectionism. There's something incredibly inspiring about just.... letting go. I can't wait to see how you get on :)

In the mean while, I thought this might be helpful:

gallery_17967_558_85097.jpg

It's an effort / impact matrix. I work in a line of business which means I have to help people make decisions about where to focus on and what to prioritise on first. The idea is, write all of your ideas / things to do on post it notes, and rank them. Rank them against how much effort it will take to do, and how much impact it'll take you to do. This could be a really quick / easy way of helping you to focus on removing some of those things that have been on the to-do list forever!

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Today I did a lot of organizing to try to sort out my priorities and create my complete starting to-do list.  I haven't finished but it was a good start.  I completed several things on it to.  I exercised for a total of 1 hour 41 minutes today, but didn't try anything new yet.  I think I want to try a spinning class this week for my new exercise.  Specifically, I did 9 min meditation, 17.5 min elliptical, and a 75 min walk.  I also thought of more new fitness ideas I want to try, which are going to the open adult gym night at the gymnastics gym, trying cross fit, or successfully learning how to dead-lift and doing it.  I did my food journal all day, which is step 1 in Potatoes Not Prozac.  I did a lot of things in the subsequent steps too, but not 100%.  Today was a very successful start to my challenge. :)

Helloooo!

I know what you mean about defeating perfectionism. There's something incredibly inspiring about just.... letting go. I can't wait to see how you get on :)

In the mean while, I thought this might be helpful:

gallery_17967_558_85097.jpg

It's an effort / impact matrix. I work in a line of business which means I have to help people make decisions about where to focus on and what to prioritise on first. The idea is, write all of your ideas / things to do on post it notes, and rank them. Rank them against how much effort it will take to do, and how much impact it'll take you to do. This could be a really quick / easy way of helping you to focus on removing some of those things that have been on the to-do list forever!

Wow, thanks so much!!!!

Perfectionist and food obsessed, you sound like me. I recommend you, in order to avoid doing things based in other's opinions, to keep silence about your activities. At least about the most conflicting. I mean, for example, I used to read certain kind of books because they were cool - you sound more attractive if you are a huge fan of Joyce rather than if your favourite book is Harry Potter - and when I realized if this I stop telling others what I was reading. I discovered that I still like Joyce, but also 'minor' literature too. I do not know if the example will serve you, I hope so.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

Alright, day 2 was good too.  :)  I did a 30 min workout on the elliptical at my gym, kept my food log, ate well, and finished my starting to-do list.  The to-do list part of my challenge is definitely going to be the most difficult.  But I'll just turn to you guys when I need motivation or feel overwhelmed.  :) 

Rock those challenges everyone!

Perfectionist and food obsessed, you sound like me. I recommend you, in order to avoid doing things based in other's opinions, to keep silence about your activities. At least about the most conflicting. I mean, for example, I used to read certain kind of books because they were cool - you sound more attractive if you are a huge fan of Joyce rather than if your favourite book is Harry Potter - and when I realized if this I stop telling others what I was reading. I discovered that I still like Joyce, but also 'minor' literature too. I do not know if the example will serve you, I hope so.

Great idea!  I wish I could do this with telling my boyfriend about my day.  He always asks what I did, and I always feel pressured to make the right report.  I want to say I cleaned the whole house, exercised, played with the kids, had profound spiritual and emotional insights, wrote a novel, and was social.  One of the first steps was not thinking this way anymore.  He isn't asking to test me, and I shouldn't care even if he was!  It takes practice though.

Great goals for your second challenge!  I can see that you learned a lot about yourself over the last two months.  I agree that perfectionism is tough.  I am looking forward to your updates.  I may try something similar for my next challenge.

Indeed.  I love nerd fitness.  I love letting go of perfectionism.  I love being free and doing things progressively, and just accepting what is.  Shouldn't this be normal instead of the epidemic we seem to have of perfectionism and achievement-obsession?  Sigh...

Alright, check this out!  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5bKaMedmrdXMG5Pb2kxMTRnNXc/edit Thanks a bunch to Nephaisys!  This is my to-do list.  By the end of the challenge it should be blank!  Some items I will not do, but will instead decide to retire and let them go and stop feeling pressured to do them one day.  I need encouragement and ideas on how to do things that are hard, have many steps, involve things I don't know how to do or are scared to do, etc.  But I'm determined, and I will do them 1 at a time, 1 week and day at a time, refusing to feel overwhelmed or pressured to do them all.  I mean, I haven't done some of them for several months or years and really, nothing bad happened!  The sky never fell on me.  So here we go...deep breath...and you guys are great!

Alright, check this out!  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5bKaMedmrdXMG5Pb2kxMTRnNXc/edit Thanks a bunch to Nephaisys!  This is my to-do list.  By the end of the challenge it should be blank!  Some items I will not do, but will instead decide to retire and let them go and stop feeling pressured to do them one day.  I need encouragement and ideas on how to do things that are hard, have many steps, involve things I don't know how to do or are scared to do, etc.  But I'm determined, and I will do them 1 at a time, 1 week and day at a time, refusing to feel overwhelmed or pressured to do them all.  I mean, I haven't done some of them for several months or years and really, nothing bad happened!  The sky never fell on me.  So here we go...deep breath...and you guys are great!

Yes!  That is the right attitude. The things that are really critial, like taking care of your kids, you do already. All the other stuff is some version of optional.  Hopefully it will make your life better in some way to do these things. If a thing will make your life better you can find a way to do it. If it is not that big a deal to be worth it, you can let it go.

I have a lot of old projects in boxes. Some are things I started and others are materials for things I wanted to do someday. When I got out of school, when I had space, when I had time. Last summer I bought a house. This is the biggest space I ever expect to have. I've been out of school and working for long enough.  This is NOW. This is that time for me. If I don't want to work on something in the next year it needs to go.

Your situation is different, at least in how you will value what you want to do. I hope that going through your list will let you feel a lot of accomplishment in getting things done and freedom in having time to do new things.

Level 58  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

Yes.  That is such an important part of not failing this!!!  And in reality, I don't actually think its possible to actually have zero things on the to-do list.  So this is actually more of an experiment to see how close to it I can get.  But who knows, if I simplify enough, perhaps it could be!  I mean, what do monks have on their list? 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines