FaePrice sheds hundreds of pounds!!!

FaePrice

It's always something on a to-do list, but the important think is knowing how to prioritize. I can't see your list - problems with Google docs on my phone - but I know you're able to organize your time in order to do whatever you've written there step by step.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

Day 3 was great too.  Not much in terms of progress, but wonderful for perfectionism.  The last few days I have been incredibly tired and sore from my monthly cycle, and I was very accepting of just letting myself rest and do some small things.  No pressure or overwhelm or feelings of failure anywhere to be found.  :)  So I am super proud of myself and pleased with this challenge.  Yesterday was a whole week of food journaling to complete step 1 in Potatoes Not Prozac!  I have also successfully had 2 days where I ate 3 meals with protein and a complex-carbohydrate only snack before bed (steps 2&3).  This is HUGE progress for me.  Being a sugar addict makes it near impossible to not just graze all day.  But this book is really changing things for me and I'm very grateful.  Obviously I started working with it a few days before the challenge started.  I didn't exercise because of pain and exhaustion, but I totally completed my starting to-do list, including putting everything into the  impact vs effort chart.  Right now I am at 57 things, aiming for 50 by Sunday, but waiting for more energy and wellness before I really jump in with both feet.  Thanks for the support everyone!

Day 3 was great too.  Not much in terms of progress, but wonderful for perfectionism.  The last few days I have been incredibly tired and sore from my monthly cycle, and I was very accepting of just letting myself rest and do some small things.  No pressure or overwhelm or feelings of failure anywhere to be found.  :)  So I am super proud of myself and pleased with this challenge.  Yesterday was a whole week of food journaling to complete step 1 in Potatoes Not Prozac!  I have also successfully had 2 days where I ate 3 meals with protein and a complex-carbohydrate only snack before bed (steps 2&3).  This is HUGE progress for me.  Being a sugar addict makes it near impossible to not just graze all day.  But this book is really changing things for me and I'm very grateful.  Obviously I started working with it a few days before the challenge started.  I didn't exercise because of pain and exhaustion, but I totally completed my starting to-do list, including putting everything into the  impact vs effort chart.  Right now I am at 57 things, aiming for 50 by Sunday, but waiting for more energy and wellness before I really jump in with both feet.  Thanks for the support everyone!

Fantastic work :-)  What do you use for a food journal?  A physical journal or a program?

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Wow.  Day 4 was extremely difficult.  Halfway through the day I suddenly got a severe headache/neckache/earache.  It was so intense and crippling and lasted for hours!  I still have it at 9pm, as I write this update.  I really hope its gone tomorrow.  So again, no exercise, no new exercise, and not very many to-dos were accomplished.  But I'm following the food plan well and I still have time to really kick butt on the rest of the week's goals.  Let's just hope I feel up to it tomorrow!  But it will be fine if i have to rest again too.  I'm not fighting reality anymore.  :)

Fantastic work :-)  What do you use for a food journal?  A physical journal or a program?

I really like using something I can hold and write in with a pen, flip through etc.  I'm supposed to write when and what I ate, how I'm feeling emotionally, and how I'm feeling physically.  And as I see how crap food effects my body and emotions, my desires for it should decrease.  So far it is really working!  I have done this on and off for years, but something about the extreme flexibility and gentleness of the book is really making it work for me.  :)

As long as you're eating primarily to fuel your activity, you should be fine. I slimmed down really well last week despite no exercise just by watching my carbs. To be fair, I'm pretty sure a lot of it was water-weight, but even so, in theory, everything should be fine.

Work when you can work, and rest when you gotta rest. That's how druids roll, right?

I tried something new!  This week's new fitness activity was trying out the app, Zombies, Run!!!  It was really fun.  I set the zombies to 2mph so I could mostly walk quickly, since I don't know if running is really that great for very overweight people.  I imagine it shreds your knees.  In any case, they still swarmed me and I had to make some quick dashes to get away when they would circle me.  It was lots of fun!  lol  I really enjoyed it and will definitely be doing it more.  Yay for one of my goals met! 

Today I am also going to go off of sugar and processed crap.  Even though this has been almost impossible before today, doing it through Potatoes Not Prozac somehow made it completely easy!  I have been working on food journaling and eating 3 protein-rich meals only each day with a complex carbohydrate snack before bed, and giving myself permission to go at my own pace.  I started on the 12th.  And today I'm ready!  So excited.  This is nothing like the resistance, sadness, and resentful, rebellious feelings of loss I have usually felt in the past when trying to make permanent healthy choices.  I'm hoping to sail into week 2 already doing steps 1-6 of the program.  lol!  That will only give me 1 step left for the other 4 weeks. :P

The weekly workout goal is at 2 hrs. and 36 min.  That leaves me with 1 hr and 24 min remaining for the weekend/today.  Since I do 1 hr of Qigong every Saturday in the park, that should be a breeze!

Finally, the to-do list is so hard!  Wah!!!  lol  Sorry, I had to vent.  Anyway, I have still only completed 3/10 things.  Today I'm trying to do the other 7.  I feel so much resistance to each of these tasks.  But too bad.  I'm going to write another post trying to figure out why each task feels so scary and hard and I don't want to do ANY of them.  Yikes.

Love you guys!  Wish I was better at commenting on other people's stuff.  :\

Warning:  Long, honest, emotional post

Okay, why do I have so much trouble with my to-do list?  I have organized it a zillion times, and even separated out each task into the amount of impact it would have on my life vs. how much effort it will require.  And now, when I excitedly peruse it for something to do to get started, I just freeze and can't.  What is that about!?  I mean, I'm a sane, heard-working mother.  I'm no stranger to hard work and slaving away for hours on something I really don't want to do. 

I think that part of it is the perfectionism.  I worked so hard in my younger life to be super, hyper-productive and constantly work harder, try harder, and go bigger.  And then at age 19 I just collapsed and gave up.  I got super depressed and severe anxiety and gained 75 pounds in like 8 months.  I just became a different person.  Suddenly, even getting out of bed and getting dressed seemed so terrifying and horrible, and in fact, insurmountable.  Obviously I have come a long way since then, but wow.  I'm back at the same weight, and I guess still really struggling with accomplishment.

I work very hard each day with my kids, house and family.  I keep everything stocked, food made for everyone, lunches for school and work, etc.  The house is tidy, but there are pockets of extreme disorder that eat at me.  I know this is normal, but I hate it.  I wish I was better at simplifying so I could just ditch most of my stuff and revel in the peacefulness and space.  But I come from hoarders and pack-rats so I struggle with that too.  I'm great at making plans, but then I just freeze up when it is time to employ them.  I feel so useless and stupid.  Many are simple tasks.  What is my deal? I'm not getting much insight here, so I'm going to choose a task and describe my feelings about doing it. 

Okay, one task I'm working on is getting a wheelchair conversion for my van so that my daughter can travel in her wheelchair in the van.  As I started typing this I just made the stupid phone call.  I just couldn't type that this was impossible for me, since its so simple.  It's literally a few phone calls.  So why do I want to avoid it so much?  Well I got a hint from making the phone call and leaving the message.  Here is how it made me feel:

I feel powerless and stupid.  I feel rejected.  I feel like I do triple backflips for all of these rude, awful people that are only trying to make my life hard and tell me no.  I didn't ask for a disabled daughter and all of the never-ending work that comes with it.  I didn't want this endless, extremely conflictual (his side only.  I am very peaceful and settlement-oriented) divorce that my kids' dad stuck me with that has been going on for over 2 years now, without even a trial yet.  I try so hard to be a good person, a good mom, a good friend, and just do everything right and help people and be a good person.  But for some reason it is just never, ever enough for the world.  So I guess I feel like going into these tasks just means that I am volunteering for the thousandth time to be belittled, given ridiculous, pointless tasks to perform for the person, told no anyway, and then end up having worked so hard AGAIN, for nothing.  I hate it so much.  Kindness doesn't help.  Humor doesn't help.  Patience doesn't help.  I always get the same negative response from everyone, and it hurts to volunteer for all of that on purpose, over and over again.  And it's admitting all of the pain of these things and having to dwell on it, instead of being optimistic and positive and just moving forward.  It makes me feel all alone, with no support and as if no one can or will help me and the whole world is against me.  I feel like I am being punished for being a good person, yet I won't even consider other alternatives.  I don't care if life is easier as a bad person.  I will not go that route.  I will push through and I know that I have love and support elsewhere, and I just need to deal with all of this and push through it so that I can be productive again and unstuck my life.  I will not live like this anymore, even if I have to have a breakdown before, during, and after each task.  I'm done being stuck, and the time is now.  I made one phone call.  What is next?

Phew.  Alright I did a lot of things.  I made it down to 50 things.  Some other things I did, or at least started, but I can't remove the item until it's finished.  That was a lot of work, but I did it!!!  Now to keep going, as many things on this list take a LOT of time, and more things are going to keep getting added each day as well.  So far these are the to-dos I have completed this week.  I have worked on even more:

1. Deposit checks
  2. De-moth the pantry
  3. Find a container for origami projects
  4. Get my computer set up, get the sound to work, and update Steam so I can game with my Dad!
  5. Cancel my Zune pass through the bank, since X-Box won't stop billing me!!!
  6. Unsubscribe from email newsletters I don't want anymore
  7. Wash my daughter's carseat/floorboard from the oatmeal incident
  8. Read about using duct tape to remove warts and how to do it and order duct tape
  9. Ask my boyfriend to go to back to school night with me and make arrangements
  10. Pay water bill
  11. Order the things I need online
  12. Pay my credit cards
  13. Send thank you note for the quilts my grandmother made my daughters
  14. Decide if I want whole life insurance and tell the salesman

Woo-hoo!  I also:

1. Called Child Support Enforcement to get the ball rolling again now that I have a child support order
  2. Left a message at the special needs daycare
  3. Left 2 messages about the wheelchair van conversion
  4. Checked all of my bank balances
  5. Tried not to die of stress , lol

Looks like some venting helped a bit :-) 

You're focussed on being a good person in general and a good Mom in particular.  That's the best thing you can be doing.   As Kishi said above, being a single mom is crazy hard and you're still doing it. 

Look how much you got finished!  *hugs*  Try to feel good about what you have done instead of stressed about what you have left.  I know that's a pretty tall order. 

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Go Fae,go Fae *dances*

When I make my list, I always feel horribly, horribly over-whelmed and freeze. I find this at work a fair amount; when I've got a load of stuff that I really, really don't want to do, or even a list of stuff I can mildly tolerate, I just become overwhelmed with the amount of stuff, or the amount of stuff that I've been refusing to face for so long. I can't imagine how hard it must be, and I find your posts inspirational. I can empathise, but won't patronise you with sympathy.

You know what what helped me? This right here. Twenty seconds, switch the emotion, switch the fear, switch the *everything* off, and just get it nailed.

You should be *pumped* by the amount you've achieved. Never, ever underestimate how difficult it is to start and how well you've done getting as far as you have.

Level 6 Pirate-Ninja Ranger

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. Don’t complain.†~Maya Angelou

(STR - 12) (DEX - 8) (STA - 12) (CON - 14) (WIS - 12) (CHA - 8)

CHALLENGE 6: Neph Arrives fashionably late.

Ok, here is my recap for the weekend/week one of the challange!!!

I did:

9 min meditation

17 min elliptical

75 min walk with boyfriend

30 minutes eliptical

9 minutes of qigong

15 minute zombie walk/run

10 minutes of stretching

75 min of Qigong

This equaled 4 hours! Woo-hoo!!!  I went way above and beyond on my food goal and did step 1 completely, and a lot of steps 2-7.  lol  What can I say, I'm inspired!  I also did these to-dos:

1. Deposit checks
  2. De-moth the pantry
  3. Find a container for origami projects
  4. Get my computer set up, get the sound to work, and update Steam so I can game with my Dad!
  5. Cancel my Zune pass through the bank, since X-Box won't stop billing me!!!
  6. Unsubscribe from email newsletters I don't want anymore
  7. Wash my daughter's carseat/floorboard from the oatmeal incident
  8. Read about using duct tape to remove warts and how to do it and order duct tape
  9. Ask my boyfriend to go to back to school night with me and make arrangements
  10. Pay water bill
  11. Order the things I need online
  12. Pay my credit cards
  13. Send thank you note for the quilts my grandmother made my daughters
  14. Decide if I want whole life insurance and tell the salesman
  15.  Finish assembling Chinese friend's bicycle

16.  Arrange my mom's October visit

17.  Update stepdaughter's chore sheet

18.  Email Chinese friend bike safety laws sheet

19.  Finalize family commuting schedule and approve it with everyone, highlight to simplify

20.  Call mom

21.   Research compulsions and prediabetes

22.  Bring in 5 gallon water bottles

23.  Winterize my bed

So I had to do 22 things to take 10 things of of my to-do list (plus 1 more).  lol  But thats part of this process!  I want to learn how the to-do list works.  I want to see how things get added on and taken off.  This list doesn't even include things like taking my daughter to gymnasitcs classes, driving people all over creation, and a whole host of other things I do as a mother and head of household.  Crazy!  But I am simplifying and observing.  It will just get better and better from here!  So I ended up with 49 things on the to-do list as of Sunday night, 4 hours of exercise, Zombies, Run as my new exercise, and a very solid start to my Potatoes Not Prozac food plan!

So here is my week 1 grading:

Potatoes Not Prozac:

A:  Completed at least 1 additional step in Potatoes Not Prozac, all week

Exercise:

A:   4+ hours of exercise

Novelty:

A:  Tried something new and exciting this week!

Put an End to Perfectionism:

A:  Made huge strides in changing my habits, mindset, and choices to being inner-focused and based on freedom of choice, and cut 10 things off of the to-do list.

Week 1:  100%!!!!

I tried something new!  This week's new fitness activity was trying out the app, Zombies, Run!!!  It was really fun.  I set the zombies to 2mph so I could mostly walk quickly, since I don't know if running is really that great for very overweight people.  I imagine it shreds your knees.  In any case, they still swarmed me and I had to make some quick dashes to get away when they would circle me.  It was lots of fun!  lol  I really enjoyed it and will definitely be doing it more.  Yay for one of my goals met! 

Today I am also going to go off of sugar and processed crap.  Even though this has been almost impossible before today, doing it through Potatoes Not Prozac somehow made it completely easy!  I have been working on food journaling and eating 3 protein-rich meals only each day with a complex carbohydrate snack before bed, and giving myself permission to go at my own pace.  I started on the 12th.  And today I'm ready!  So excited.  This is nothing like the resistance, sadness, and resentful, rebellious feelings of loss I have usually felt in the past when trying to make permanent healthy choices.  I'm hoping to sail into week 2 already doing steps 1-6 of the program.  lol!  That will only give me 1 step left for the other 4 weeks. :tongue:

Finally, the to-do list is so hard!  Wah!!!  lol  Sorry, I had to vent.  Anyway, I have still only completed 3/10 things.  Today I'm trying to do the other 7.  I feel so much resistance to each of these tasks.  But too bad.  I'm going to write another post trying to figure out why each task feels so scary and hard and I don't want to do ANY of them.  Yikes.

You are making great progress!  I am really glad that you found Zombies, Run! to be a way to spice up your workouts.  The food changes are huge.  It sounds like the journaling is really helping you see how what you eat affects how you feel.

Hang in there with your to-do list.  You are doing a LOT of hard things.  It is absolutely normal that you are not hopping up and down with joy to do them. You have already finished things you never thought you could do.  You are going to rock this challenge! Keep being kind to yourself. You might find it helps to consolidate your emotional energy.  Some types of tasks are easier to face at specfic times of day, or when you can set up a reward for doing a hard thing.

Level 58  Viking paladin

My current challenge    Battle log 

Okay, today I have:

Organized the fridge with labeled containters.

Grocery shopping.

Dishes.

Print out non-appearances of the kids' dad on skype for court tomorrow.

Made the list of questions I need to ask my attorney.

Got him on the phone, asked the questions, make a payment, and send him my schedule conflicts for a trial and my CSE fax.

Found the documents I needed for child support enforcement, scanned them, compiled them, wrote a fax cover sheet and sent!

Got my kids ready and took 3 people to work/school, and put one on and off of the bus.

Cooked potatoes.

Dude. 

You are making great progress!  I am really glad that you found Zombies, Run! to be a way to spice up your workouts.  The food changes are huge.  It sounds like the journaling is really helping you see how what you eat affects how you feel.

Hang in there with your to-do list.  You are doing a LOT of hard things.  It is absolutely normal that you are not hopping up and down with joy to do them. You have already finished things you never thought you could do.  You are going to rock this challenge! Keep being kind to yourself. You might find it helps to consolidate your emotional energy.  Some types of tasks are easier to face at specfic times of day, or when you can set up a reward for doing a hard thing.

Thanks so much!!!  :D

And then I:

Made 14 meals for my daughter and put them in containers in the fridge.

More dishes.

Ate lunch an hour late.

Picked up stepdaughter from school.

Did a load of laundry.

Picked out good pictures of each of my family memeber's for my daughter's speech therapy and emailed them to my mom to print and mail to me.

Analyzed my meal plan to determine what the best meals times for me will be.

I'm taking a break!!!

So today I did not do any working out.  I ran out of time.  I haven't tried something new yet, but I'm planning on trying a spinning class on Wednesday at 9am.  I am already doing all 7 steps of the food plan in Potatoes Not Prozac.  lol  I started doing that in the middle of last week.  That is going insanely well.  And I am at 2 more things done on my to-do list today.  After all the things I did.  lol  Oh well.  I am still at 49 things right now.  Many other things are in motion, but the only things actually checked off are:

1. Grocery shopping
  2. List questions to ask my attorney, ask him, make a payment, send conflicting calender dates, and print out skype non-appearances for court tommorrow.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines