Vixen68

Good job so far Vixen; have you tried doing hanging rows to work up to pullups? I know those are frequently really helpful for building the right muscles. You definitely have the right idea working on assisted pullups though.

My wrists are frequently a problem just from not being used enough, or when they are used it's in the wrong way or too hard. Doing knuckle pushups or planks can help to build more strength without much impact, but I think the most important thing is just to make sure you're keeping them aligned properly during workouts. Most times my wrists hurt after a workout I wasn't paying close enough attention to them and let them hang at an awkward angle.

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

Good job so far Vixen; have you tried doing hanging rows to work up to pullups? I know those are frequently really helpful for building the right muscles. You definitely have the right idea working on assisted pullups though.

My wrists are frequently a problem just from not being used enough, or when they are used it's in the wrong way or too hard. Doing knuckle pushups or planks can help to build more strength without much impact, but I think the most important thing is just to make sure you're keeping them aligned properly during workouts. Most times my wrists hurt after a workout I wasn't paying close enough attention to them and let them hang at an awkward angle.

I havent tried hanging rows no. I would really like to work up to doing pullups unassisted but it hasnt really been a priority and i hadnt even tried in awhile - the reason i did was the bf wanted me to give it a go! When i start working in assistance work i will be looking into doing things like this. I would also like to work on doing negatives.

the angle thing with my wrists is what i was worried about - but when paying attention we couldnt see any glaring issues. It does seem to have popped up as a problem since i have really started concentrating on keeping my back tight and shoulders back.

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

[sTR] 12 [DEX] 7 [sTA] 10 [CON] 5 [WIS] 8 [CHA] 4

Battle Log | FitocracyCurrent ChallengePrevious Challenges: #1 #2 #3

Friday (Day 5)

So Friday hasnt finished yet - but i have gym, and meals planned out and not sure if i will be able to update later - so an interim update:

Strength - Heading to the gym tonight, and am planning to deadlift and OHP, as well as some accessory work.

Fuel - With a protein shake after the gym, i should hit at least hit 128g of protein before i had dinner. Smashed this goal today. (4/4)

Mobility - I have already stretched today, as well as done some reading on stretching. I was to start focusing on hamstring, quad and calf stretching as well as hips. Will be stretching again at the gym tonight so have also done really well with this today. (3/4)

Life - Looked into the cost of storage, and estimated how much space i will need. Already starting to get overwhelmed with all this moving stuff.

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Going strong Vixen!

Protein shakes are my salvation on busy days!

Wish you an awesome day tomorrow!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Hi Vixen. Finally I'm sorta up to speed with your progress too. Looking good.

And thanks for switching out your profile pic. Not only do you have a pretty smile, but also that pic of Toph was scaring me. (No insulting intended! I come in peace! Pls no deadlift mi.)

Also, since my maths sensor is tingling…

Weight in Kilos is weight in (lbs -10%)/2

So (220lb -10%)/2 is ball park (220-22)/2 =98kg which is pretty much 100kg

The other way

kg * 2 and then add 10% of the total so (100kg *2)= 200 add 10% (20) =220lb!

That formula is actually more inaccurate when converting from pounds to kilograms, 'cause the actual calculation is closer to (lbs * 100/110) / 2, and 100/110 is approx. 0.9090909 (90.9%) (i.e. your formula should say -9.1% instead of -10%). That explains why on the one hand, you say 220lb is 98kg, yet on the other hand, you say 100kg is 220lb.

Of course, if you have no calculator, it's a lot easier to subtract 10% of anything than it is to subtract 9.1%. Maybe it's still accurate enough for your needs.

And yeah, chances are that only mathematicians, physicists and engineers care about this.

I just use a calculator haha but i am getting much better at just knowing without doing any calculations..

As XKCD explains (warning: "Your Mama" jokes), the key is to establish new reference points of what "10kg" means. And of course, this also works from converting from metric to imperial. Still, this regularly fools me e.g. when people quote baking instructions. (You bake in degrees Fahrenheit, I bake in degrees Celsius. If you omit units, it might take me a while to realize I don't want to bake my dinner at the ignition temperature of paper or something.)

M (the 13th letter). Lvl 6 Elven Monk.

Mathematics, computer science, martial arts and bodyweight strength training. Also, sometimes, fiction.

Hello, world!

Challenges: “Consistency†⟶ “Preparation†⟶ “Multiplexing†⟶ “Sanity†⟶ “Escape†⟶ “Lockdown†⟶ “Probation†⟶ “Detention†⟶ “Foundationâ€(×3) ⟶ “All In!†⟶ “Happy Hourâ€

Hi Vixen. Finally I'm sorta up to speed with your progress too. Looking good.

And thanks for switching out your profile pic. Not only do you have a pretty smile, but also that pic of Toph was scaring me. (No insulting intended! I come in peace! Pls no deadlift mi.)

Also, since my maths sensor is tingling…

That formula is actually more inaccurate when converting from pounds to kilograms, 'cause the actual calculation is closer to (lbs * 100/110) / 2, and 100/110 is approx. 0.9090909 (90.9%) (i.e. your formula should say -9.1% instead of -10%). That explains why on the one hand, you say 220lb is 98kg, yet on the other hand, you say 100kg is 220lb.

Of course, if you have no calculator, it's a lot easier to subtract 10% of anything than it is to subtract 9.1%. Maybe it's still accurate enough for your needs.

And yeah, chances are that only mathematicians, physicists and engineers care about this.

As XKCD explains (warning: "Your Mama" jokes), the key is to establish new reference points of what "10kg" means. And of course, this also works from converting from metric to imperial. Still, this regularly fools me e.g. when people quote baking instructions. (You bake in degrees Fahrenheit, I bake in degrees Celsius. If you omit units, it might take me a while to realize I don't want to bake my dinner at the ignition temperature of paper or something.)

I am an engineer. 98kg is 100kg to the nearest 100kg. :P

You'd hate how I do the mental maths for Kilometers to miles then!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Progress - yay!

Wrist warm ups - you can use itty bitty dumb bells (1-2 lbs) or stretch lbs. Lay forearms on table with wrists at edge.  Raise and lower hands.  Then move them laterally.    These were some PT exercises they had me do.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Friday (Day 5)

So Friday hasnt finished yet - but i have gym, and meals planned out and not sure if i will be able to update later - so an interim update:

Strength - Heading to the gym tonight, and am planning to deadlift and OHP, as well as some accessory work.

Fuel - With a protein shake after the gym, i should hit at least hit 128g of protein before i had dinner. Smashed this goal today. (4/4)

Mobility - I have already stretched today, as well as done some reading on stretching. I was to start focusing on hamstring, quad and calf stretching as well as hips. Will be stretching again at the gym tonight so have also done really well with this today. (3/4)

Life - Looked into the cost of storage, and estimated how much space i will need. Already starting to get overwhelmed with all this moving stuff.

So... There was a change of plans! Due to miscommunication at my gym, no one had access to a key and so I couldn't train (made up for it later - update to come!), instead I went to dinner with the bf and my meals were different. Still got my protein and mobility goals though!

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

I am an engineer. 98kg is 100kg to the nearest 100kg. :PYou'd hate how I do the mental maths for Kilometers to miles then!
This. says the physicist. Don't ever ask me to do the bill in a restaurant.:D
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Evangelize. About. Mathematically. Correct. Way.…*eye starts twitching*

M (the 13th letter). Lvl 6 Elven Monk.

Mathematics, computer science, martial arts and bodyweight strength training. Also, sometimes, fiction.

Hello, world!

Challenges: “Consistency†⟶ “Preparation†⟶ “Multiplexing†⟶ “Sanity†⟶ “Escape†⟶ “Lockdown†⟶ “Probation†⟶ “Detention†⟶ “Foundationâ€(×3) ⟶ “All In!†⟶ “Happy Hourâ€

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Evangelize. About. Mathematically. Correct. Way.

…

*eye starts twitching*

I'm going to start recording everything in dozenal just to mess with you now bahaha!

Hero's First Challenge, Again! - "I knew pig-moles were a bad idea..."

Who the hell do you think I am!?!

-Kamina, "Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann"

Dai-Gurren Brigade's Hero

Lvl1 Human Ranger

STR3 DEX1 STA3 CON1 WIS1 CHA1

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Evangelize. About. Mathematically. Correct. Way.

…

*eye starts twitching*

Lol, hang in there Elbow, your a strong man. I know you can do it! :playful:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

I'm going to start recording everything in dozenal just to mess with you now bahaha!

Yeah, someone else messing with Elbow!!! LOL :tongue:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Saturday (Day 6)

Strength - Friday's workout happened today. Mixed it up a bit and didnt do squats as i have been doing every workout for the past 3 months - was a great change but i am feeling STILL feeling the soreness from changing it up. Highlights - 90kg PR DeadliftOHP 20kg 5x6 - New PR for reps. First time trying the GHR

Fuel - Nutrition was a mess today. But already had (4/4) for the week.

Mobility - Heaps of stretching after my workout - tried some new stretches etc (4/4)

Life - received a few more quotes from storage places

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Sunday (Day 7)

Strength - N/A. Oh So Sore in my abs, legs and glutes. I keep telling myself its a good hurt!

Fuel - 129g Protein - but calories were sky high. Over the week i averaged maintenance calories which is what i am aiming for so thats good :)  (5/4)

Mobility - Did quite a bit of stretching throughout the day to try and help some of the soreness (5/4)

Life - Spent a few hours at home throwing things out, getting stuff ready to donate, taking down curtains and even packing some stuff into boxes.

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Week One Summary

Strength - I have been messing around a bit with my program a bit to see what works before my coach gets back in a few weeks to personalise it all for me!!. Numbers are still going up, and have added 5kg to my 1RM deadlift, and 2.5kg to my 5RM squat. I wont be pushing my maxes so hard in 5x5 anymore, as it seems it is more important for me at the moment to iron out my weaknesses (particularly in my weaker knee/leg)

Grade: A

Fuel - Calories sit right on maintenance for the week, and hit my protein goal 5 out of the 7 days (which meets my 4day target). I still think my daily protein needs to be higher which should be helped now that i have packaged up my protein powder into travel size portions :)

Mobility - did some sort of mobility work 5 days (out of the required 4). I have also added in some extra stretches to increase flexibility in hamstrings/quads/calfs etc

Life - Did some research, packing, purging - this week went much better then i expected considering i am still unsure when/what/where etc i will be moving.

Overall Week Grade: Solid A :)

Level 4 High Elf Warrior

Thanks for the tips :)

I havent ever warmed up my wrists before, apart from normal warm up sets. How should i go about doing that? I was however stretching/massaging them after.

Im not so much physically tired from training (i hadnt trained since monday which is a bigger then usual gap), I am just tired from big weekends and not enough sleep. I am now tracking my sleep and making sure i get about 8 hours a night on week days at the very least.

Here some examples for wrists mobility :)

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Way to go Vixen!

Archbishop Turpin, above the rest, Spurred his steed to a jutting crest. His sermon thus to the Franks he spake: "Lords, we are here for our monarch's sake; Hold we for him, though our death should come; Fight for the succor of Christendom. The battle approaches - ye know it well, For ye see the ranks of the infidel. Cry mea culpa, and lowly kneel; I will assoil you, your souls to heal. In death ye are holy martyrs crowned." The Franks alighted, and knelt on ground; In God's high name the host he blessed, And for penance gave them - to smite their best.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.

http://notebookscrawl.blogspot.com/

Journal

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines