Tefindeno's Challenge 3 - No Good Excuses

Tefindeno

With my last challenge, I did well with some quests and bad with others.  I made lots of excuses.   

This challenge is all about ' No More Excuses '

One of the biggest things that helped me with my last challenge was keeping a few of them pretty vague.  Not locking myself into a specific workout routine, just making sure I did something to raise my heart rate and make me sweat.  At this point any workout is a good workout.

1) Activity -  Again, I need to get my heart rate up and sweat 5 days a week.  Whether I'm running, doing body weight workouts, yoga, dog walks or whatever.  I'm looking for activity as well as some progress.

Right now I'm doing 14:28/mi average.

My BodyWeight Workout, I do totals of:

Incline Pushups: 53

BW Squats: 81

Lunges: 32

Inverted Rows: 15

Ave. Plank time :  00:41

I'm looking to make progress in all of these areas.

Points available for this challenge:

STR +5

STA  +5

2) Diet -  This is where I really struggled with my last challenge.  When a day started falling apart I just ran with it.  I was ok in the beginning, but at the end where I should have been eating completely clean, I was the worse, because I took advantage of a slip.  

This time I am going to commit to eating clean 2 meals a day.  I'm going to keep a calendar and mark off each day that I am able to eat completely clean.  For every 7 clean days I eat I will give myself a Bonus point!

WIS +3      

3) Talk to People -  I'm a very shy person. If I'm talking about something I'm confident in, like my dogs, or training then I can handle that  But anything else I'm awful at. Small talk? No way.  I'm awkward.  But this is the NO EXCUSES challenge, so I want to talk to more people.  Try to do more small talk.  Try to get more comfortable.   I've read the article here on building small talk and tossing out compliments and I'm going to try this out.  

CHA +2

As a side quest I want to commit to posting regularly, both here and on my accountabilibuddies (GO #ZAP !) forum.  I want to be more involved with everyone! I also want to keep up on the Side Quests.  I've often done the workouts but I haven't recorded them.  Or missed them because I wasn't following up on the site.  I usually only access the site on a regular basis on my cell phone.

I'm also really excited about the new women section coming up!  Yippee!

This goal is all about stepping up and doing what I need to do, rather than taking the easy way out.  

Level 2 - Adventurer

CHA +3  |  WIS +3  |  STA  +7 |  CON +2 |  STR +3  | DEX +2

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

Welcome.  For the diet portion, I found it was a lot harder to slip up when I had food prepared ahead of time.  I grilled chicken/burgers and that would last a few days for lunches.  I make crustless quiches with veges in them and they take 40 seconds to microwave each morning.  The more planning, the less problems in the future in terms of food. 

I'm  a very big introvert as well.  Good luck on that.  I never know how to talk to someone especially if a 3rd person shows up and starts talking in the conversation.  I was in the middle of talking.. Do I talk over them? let them talk?  Should I just leave?  Who do I look at when I start talking?  Do I pretend the 3rd person isn't there?  It's just....madness.  Again, good luck :)

Terosx- thanks! I am awful with leftovers. In hate them so much. I've gotten sick a few times after eating leftovers, mostly as a kid but once not too long ago, now I get a little pukey every time I'm presented with leftovers. :(. Certainly makes this more difficult because in would need to cook for every meal.

I've made some egg/veggie muffins before but they were tasteless! Do you have any suggestions on seasonings you've tried with your quiches that worked well?

But I am going to try to eat leftovers as well as lots of fresh raw veggies.

Level 2 - Adventurer

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

Thanks robinhoodie! Yeah small talk is going to be a pain. But I think it will make things easier and perhaps make me seem more friendly! I think i sometime come off as standoffish because when someone talks to me i give quick concise answers and then silence. Whoops! I AM friendly! :D

Time to show it!

Level 2 - Adventurer

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

well it depends on your paleo-ish-ness in terms of diet. If you're having dairy, then throw some shredded cheese in the mix.  I do roughly:  2 eggs per quiche, 4 tablespoons of veggy #1, 4 tablespoons of veggy#2, pour the eggs on, then put the shredded cheese on top.  Spray the pan beforehand.  Burned them bad the first time.  For veggies, I've done diced red pepper, mushrooms, onions, broccoli, yellow squash, green squash.  I've also tried a little bit of meat.  I tried a slice of pepperoni on the top+bottom, and I've tried using some leftover (sorry) hamsteak and diced that.

For seasonings, it's all about what things you like.  I know some people like having a salsa-type thing with eggs, so I'd assume a pinch of hotsauce or any mexican seasonings would work well to crank up the flavor. 

Oh god, I hated leftovers, too, especially if it involved peas.

I found that anything with tomatoes or tomato sauces work really well as leftovers.  I also use a lot of seasonings like fresh garlic, fresh ginger, salt & pepper, onion powder (fresh ones work well, too), paprika, red pepper flakes, fresh basil and cilantro, parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper, and fresh jalopeno pepper.  Juices from lemon and lime work well in zesty up the dishes.

Good Luck! 

Challenge: #1  #2  #3  #4  #5  |  Recipes  |  Level 6.  Kiwi Bird:  Rawr!   |  Team

Blogs I stalk:     Mark's Daily Apple  |   Nom Nom Paleo  |  Ancestral Chef  |  Greatist  |

Okay so my computer is broken, been using my phone and just downloaded the tapatalk app so hopefully I can post easier once I figure this thing out.

Fingers crossed.

I've been doing well! Not eating as clean as i want but still doing well and making good choices each day!

I had a "cheat day" on Saturday. Some friends came into town for their honeymoon and we went to Universal studios together. I absolutely wasn't going to pass up a butterbeer and a flaming moe but otherwise didn't do too bad! Lots of water, salad for lunch and walked 8.5 miles.

Sunday I had running (after the 8.5 miles I was not looking forward to it) but still busted out my fastest pace yet on my 2 mile trek of 13:32/mi

Progress for the win!

I also had a friend come over to hang out on Friday and we normally go eat out and eat awful. Instead I invited her over, I cooked some turkey sausage and veggies and had a nice big salad.

I also found a climbing center if love to try but you have to bring someone to be your Belayer, and I don't think I have anyone who could. Still going to try.

Also, here is a shot of my pantry, so you guys can see what I see every time I go looking for food. The green bean cans are mine. :D

yhymyjum.jpg

Level 2 - Adventurer

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

Rolled my ankle at work yesterday, what in the world is the matter with me?

It hurt, but I could walk ok. My run class was yesterday but I played it safe and didn't attend, instead did a 2 mile walk last night with my dogs. Then this morning went on another 2 mile walk. Ankle seems to be much better today.

Did a body weight workout today.

Bought some fresh new seasonings and made up some chicken breasts tonight.

Had it with steamed Brussels sprouts and salad.

Tasty.

Level 2 - Adventurer

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

Up early to get to Run class today, made good time!  Coach says my form is good, so that's something.

Came home and did some yard work quietly. My gf is working night shifts during Halloween Horror Nights so she sleeps til about 2 in the afternoon and it's my job to keep the dogs quiet.. which is harder than it should be. jerks bark at nothing.

My meals have been mostly good, lots of veggies in all meals.  Last night I broke and had some pizza but it was the only meal I had all day and it was thin crusted garden pizza. So, while it's NOT good, it wasn't the worst thing I could have had either.

Level 2 - Adventurer

Fitbit | LoseIt

My 6wk Challenge

Member of ZAP

"Act Rude. Get Chewed."

jerks bark at nothing.

My pugs just flip out for no apparent reason.  One time they freaked out because of a leaf in the hallway.  I swear to god, I just don't understand them.

What oreos are those? Vanilla with strawberry or something?  back in my day (last year) there were regular, reduced fat, and double stuffed.  Now there's like 20 different kinds.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines