ShotgunSally's attempt to kick her own butt!

ShotgunSally

Ok! Challenge number two! Many people built healthy habits in challenge one but I don't feel like I'm where I want to be right now. I improved my eating by switching a lot of my meals to paleo but as Nia Shanks recommends I'd like to be 90/10. I also need to change my approach to my fitness goals. They'll be the same as my last challenge but I want to change my mindset. Previously my approach was (unwritten) ST M|W|F and Cardio~ish T|T. This past week I've been testing out the "what did I do yesterday?" If it's nothing I'm going to try to do ST, same if it was Cardio~ish. If it was ST then I'll do a cardio~ish but my main goal is not cardio, I want to lift heavier things for my next challenge so I'm leading up to that now! Life wise what's holding me back from my goals is finances and self sabotage with my money. I have a line of credit that needs to be paid down so I can save for a house. I've done up a budget and I think by the end of this challenge I can pay half of it off if I stick strictly to that budget! 

GOALS IN BLACK AND WHITE:

1) Fitness:

ST 3 x / wk & cardio~ish (movement of some sort) 2 x / wk

Grading:

A - 5 total/wk

B - 4

C - 3

D - 2

F - or 0

2) Eating (mmmm food):

Record 3 meals a day and snacks as being paleo or not. Aim is for 90% of meals paleo. 

Grading:

A - 90%

B - 80%

C - 70%

D - 60%

F - <60%

3) Life up!

Pay off half my line of credit by sticking to my budget. 

Grading:

A - 100% of half

B - 75%

C - 50%

D - 25%

F <25%

To date I've paid off 43% of my line of credit, or 86% of my goal. I've submitted some expense claims that I plan on putting on my line of credit but I don't think they'll come in before the end of this challenge so I've earned a B in this category. Next challenge for sure I think I can wipe out this line of credit, boo ya!

Food wise we seem to have gotten our household into a reasonably good routine of buying and eating paleo (because when we started this I donated non-paleo foods to my friends and I buy only paleo on the groceries) but I struggled with recording my meals so I'm going to give myself a C for this because I so miserably failed at keeping track >< I wish google drive was more user friendly for android phones because then I could record as I do it... but maybe I'll try a different tack next time!

Fitness changed a bit but I'm still not in a routine... Next challenge I think I'll set the goal of working out in the mornings, I think this may be my key to success. Maybe start with once per week then twice per week then thrice increasing every two weeks? We'll see :) For now I'm giving myself a C for this because I could have done a lot better. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

I'm trying to pay down credit and save for a house too, though that's not a goal for me this challenge.  It's tough, but making and sticking to a budget is ultimately very satisfying.  Good luck with that, and all your goals!

Emptyknight - Level 4 Human Adventurer
Str 9 | Dex 5.75 | Sta 5.25 | Con 9.25 | Wis 10.75 | Cha 7.5
Highest Wt 301lbs - Challenge Start 270 lbs - Current 260 lbs | Highest BF% 38 - Current% 33
My Current Challenge

Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

I was LOOOONG! I think I had a bit of a bug or something because I could barely keep my eyes open all day at work so although I did paleo all day my physical activity consisted of getting off the couch occasionally to help my boyfriend make paleo nachos :S But today I feel FANTASTIC!!!

Sad news though, I went outside to let the dog out and there was frost on the grass. This is nearly a month in advance of when we saw it last year! It also means that outdoor activities are coming to a close sooner than I expected! And I have to run 5k outside next weekend! There is a silver lining though, my allergies usually improve as the weather gets colder so this run should be easier than it would be were it warmer out :) 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Great goals, Sally! If you are looking for help/motivation on the finance side of things, Mr. Money Mustache is a personal favorite of mine. I mean, how can you go wrong with a slogan like "Financial Freedom Through Badassity"? Plus, he does CrossFit, Paleo, and is Canadian. It just keeps getting better and better...

Wollio

Lvl 3 Human Warlock Ranger

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 3 CON 6 WIS 2 CHA 5

"Happiness is anyone and anything at all

That’s loved by you."

-You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Battle of the Willpower Wastelands (Current Challenge)

The Need for Speed (Ch 2)

Strength for the Journey Ahead (Ch 1)

Countdown to an Epic Journey (Intro)

Follow the Horizon (personal blog)

Great goals, Sally! If you are looking for help/motivation on the finance side of things, Mr. Money Mustache is a personal favorite of mine. I mean, how can you go wrong with a slogan like "Financial Freedom Through Badassity"? Plus, he does CrossFit, Paleo, and is Canadian. It just keeps getting better and better...

Sounds like my dream man! Step aside Poolboymanuel! Hahahaha

Adventurer || Wood Elf

I was LOOOONG! I think I had a bit of a bug or something because I could barely keep my eyes open all day at work so although I did paleo all day my physical activity consisted of getting off the couch occasionally to help my boyfriend make paleo nachos :S But today I feel FANTASTIC!!!

Sad news though, I went outside to let the dog out and there was frost on the grass. This is nearly a month in advance of when we saw it last year! It also means that outdoor activities are coming to a close sooner than I expected! And I have to run 5k outside next weekend! There is a silver lining though, my allergies usually improve as the weather gets colder so this run should be easier than it would be were it warmer out :)

Oh no!! I love fall weather, but frost already?? It will make for a nice, brisk run next week!

Hope you are feeling better today!

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

I only made it to the gym because of sudafed. OMG with the weather change!

You, madam are awesome, and that 5k is going to be your bitch.

Level 2 || Bespectacled Viking

STR 4.5 | DEX 2 | STA 3 CON 2 WIS 2.5 CHA 2 

Blawwwg

Challenge 2 - Dr. Who's Sidekicks

Challenge 1 - Dr. Who's Sidekicks

I'm tempted to not only do my nasal spray but steal some of the dogs reactin for this weekends run, hahahaha! I may also try swthrtsuzy's advice od some downward facing dog and see if that helps decongest me :) 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Fighting off those fall bugs/allergies is no fun.  I ended up getting a humidifier for my bedroom to help keep my nasal passages clear.  It helps my breathing a lot!

Highest Wt 301lbs - Challenge Start 270 lbs - Current 260 lbs | Highest BF% 38 - Current% 33
My Current Challenge

Here is my friendly nurse practitioner advice about allergy medicines:

You can take more than the recommended dose of loratidine (Claritan), which is 10 mg. 10 mg is not necessarily the therapeutic dose, but it is the only dose that will still allow the label as a non-drowsy medication, which would decrease sales of the medication. My allergy doctor told me you can take up to 100 mg, but you will be really, really drowsy. I find my therapeutic dose to be 20-30 mg, but at 30 I need a nap.  

Allegra D or Claritan D work wonders, too.

Level 6 Halfling Adventurer

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/8773

Mmmmm I like your logic E_mo, I will experiment after the run though, don't want to stop to tie my laces and then fall asleep accidentally!

Fighting off those fall bugs/allergies is no fun.  I ended up getting a humidifier for my bedroom to help keep my nasal passages clear.  It helps my breathing a lot!

I think my mom has a humidifier I could borrow but I don't understand how the humidifier helps with the allergies? 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

So last night I was driving to craft night and rear ended another car. He was stopped and when I was hitting him I was thinking "wtf is he doing stopped" but when I saw him get out and he had coffee all over himself it came clear. Everyone is ok, my truck actually looks fabulous considering what the car I hit looks like! But I don't think I'll be paying half my line of credit and I ate paleo because my lovely boyfriend picked me up and brought me home to some home made paleo pizza but I then drank a tall boy... 

I'm still kinda in shock, I've never been in a car accident before. 

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Hey! What's important is that you're okay. The other driver is okay. And you don't have to pay for a bunch of repairs on your truck. It's also okay to have a beer every now again, especially in situations like this. Car accidents are scary, but it'll be okay (which is apparently my favorite word this morning).  

Do you have insurance to cover the other guy's repairs? I'm not sure what the laws are in Canada, or how it works, but I'm sure everything will be just fine. Just stay focused on taking care of you, eating paleo, and working out, and you'll start to feel better soon.

Current Challenge

Level 2 Human Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Mens sana in corpore sano

I don't think it'll set me back too far on my financial goal, I think I can still get a B but it's frustrating >< I still can't believe I hit that car, I've driven 12 years accident free and twice in one week.... one close call and one whammy! I must be going crazy or something!

Adventurer || Wood Elf

Motor vehicle accidents are scary!  I'm glad everyone was ok!  Don't let it get you too down.  Keep fighting the good fight!

My Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines