• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

peggysr

Stealthy Ninja Bastards, Challenge 2

Hello everyone! 

Glad to see you guys again. 

I will be assisting Sicil and getting team posts up this time around. Let me know if something is incomprehensible. It was unanimous that we all liked the weekly activities that we did last challenge and we will be continuing on that tradition. When Sicil sent out the invitation e-mail, Primeval and sabrinamari had excellent ideas that we are fusing into some awesome team challenges. As usual, do the best you can to participate. We will be posting the weekly challenge on here and also e-mailing to make sure we all know what is going on. Feel free to give any feedback, ideas, comments, brags and most of all- let's have a lot of fun! :) 

Week 1: Ninjas Get Scouty

(Sept 16 - 22, 2013)

Part 1:

Walk, run, hike, or bike someplace you’ve never gone before, then take a picture while you’re there and post to the group. You can take this literally (a physical place) or metaphorically (a new distance on the treadmill, a new weight you’ve never lifted before). Please please please be mindful and safe - don’t hurt yourselves! Extra points for striking a ninja pose in your picture.

4528211052_93edf5a576_z.jpg

Part 2:

Recon and Retrieve mission: Find a useful tool (a piece of equipment, a book, a website, etc.) and bring it back to the group with a quick descriptive post. What’s your go-to resource that you’ve found the most helpful during your challenges? Why is it such a winner?

3uh37r.jpg

Do one, do the other, or simply get to know the members of your squad (again)! Special welcome to our one SNB ‘newbie’ this time around - Primeval!

I am beyond excited, gals! Isn't my new partner in crime, rogaecia, the most awesomest thing you've seen all week???

Now that the scouty challenge has started, I'm strapped - the weather's turned on the west coast. I was planning to scale another mountain, but now I'll have to be super creative in how I strike a pose. Stay tuned...

Here's my challenge thread! Any comments or suggestions appreciated! http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/37234-sicil-ninja-trainee-preparations-for-battle/

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me join your group. I'm looking forward to getting to know you (better)!

This looks like a lot of fun. @ rogaecia, those photos are hilarious.

@sicil, climbing a mountain sounds super fun. I've had a hankering for that myself, recently...

For me, I'm going to post pictures from the road in eastern Oregon, where I'll be running a half marathon this weekend. I'm super stoked.

Thanks for setting this up, peggysr! (Which my tablet is just dying to autocorrect to eggy sir)

I'm still chuckling over eggy sir.  Hubby's name is Ed, and his frat brothers called us Ped and Eggy.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for letting me join your group. I'm looking forward to getting to know you (better)!

@sicil, climbing a mountain sounds super fun. I've had a hankering for that myself, recently...

For me, I'm going to post pictures from the road in eastern Oregon, where I'll be running a half marathon this weekend. I'm super stoked.

That is super exciting! Hope the weather holds for you... I'm so happy that you're joining us this round! Your super running skills are going to be a great asset to the team!

Hi everyone,

Yay half marathon!!! Super excited for you :) :) 

Loooove these mini challenges! I'm pretty sure taking pictures in a swimming pool is frowned upon, so will have to think of something else!

I'm climbing a 'virtual' mountain (fitbit tracks how many flights of stairs you climb)... But doing the real thing would be awesome! Stoked for you guys. I didn't think I could be more excited about this challenge.

Rogaecia you are some kinda hero in your own right. I missed out on a tonne of Skype / facebook. / Social stuff last time around and keen not to this time! Peggysr, fancy trying again (in the uncreepiest way possible)?

Welcome Primeval! /Fan of the show, perchance?) you've joined an amazing group at a brilliant time!

Oh and Peggy... A Ped egg is totally a thing over here! >…<

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Loooove these mini challenges! I'm pretty sure taking pictures in a swimming pool is frowned upon, so will have to think of something else!

I'm climbing a 'virtual' mountain (fitbit tracks how many flights of stairs you climb)... But doing the real thing would be awesome! Stoked for you guys. I didn't think I could be more excited about this challenge.

Rogaecia you are some kinda hero in your own right. I missed out on a tonne of Skype / facebook. / Social stuff last time around and keen not to this time! Peggysr, fancy trying again (in the uncreepiest way possible)?

Welcome Primeval! /Fan of the show, perchance?) you've joined an amazing group at a brilliant time!

Oh and Peggy... A Ped egg is totally a thing over here! >…<

I'd love to connect again.  Sending you a PM with contact details.

So, what IS a Ped egg?

Week 1: Ninjas Get Scouty

(Sept 16 - 22, 2013)

Part 2:

Recon and Retrieve mission: Find a useful tool (a piece of equipment, a book, a website, etc.) and bring it back to the group with a quick descriptive post. What’s your go-to resource that you’ve found the most helpful during your challenges? Why is it such a winner?

I'm getting my Part 2 out of the way early! I just watched this great documentary last night on the evolution of running - of human beings as long-distance runners in particular. Not sure if you guys can see it outside of Canada, let me know?

CBC The Nature of Things - The Perfect Runner

The other resource I'll share is the workout jam that takes me through every treadmill grind. It's not very original, but I find the pacing and the variety is good enough to get my mind off of intervals and into some other wonderful floaty space.

Workout Mix 2013 [Explicit] [+digital booklet]

You can easily find in online if you know where to look (cough). If you don't, email me!

That being said, I'm starting to want more variety - any other mixes or albums you guys groove to while exercising - particularly songs at a higher BPM?

Just realized rogacaecia is the reason I was in the mood for meatballs last night.  I sauteed mushrooms, added a bag of frozen Ikea meatballs, a can of crushed tomatoes and a few herbs.  I didn't want pasta, so I didn't make any.  My MIL made some spaghetti and had the pasta she loves, and I had a low carb meal I loved.  I added 3 stalks of celery to round out the meal.  I'm calling it Paleo-ish because I prolly don't want to know what's in those meatballs.  They sure hit the spot though.  It was also an important breakthrough to not feel obligated to include a starch to "round out" the meal.

I also realized that during the first challenge I HATED jumping jacks and dropped them from the body weight routine.  Last challenge, I upped the jumping jacks in my warmup because 10 didn't seem like enough.

@neph, i've never seen the show, but maybe i should...

Hey, do we all happen to be L3s?

Not sure if we're all L3's.  When the rules changed at the beginning of last challenge, I subtracted 1 from my level because it seemed unfair that newbie's didn't start as level 1 like they did when I joined.

Just realized rogacaecia is the reason I was in the mood for meatballs last night.  I sauteed mushrooms, added a bag of frozen Ikea meatballs, a can of crushed tomatoes and a few herbs.  I didn't want pasta, so I didn't make any.  My MIL made some spaghetti and had the pasta she loves, and I had a low carb meal I loved.  I added 3 stalks of celery to round out the meal.  I'm calling it Paleo-ish because I prolly don't want to know what's in those meatballs.  They sure hit the spot though.  It was also an important breakthrough to not feel obligated to include a starch to "round out" the meal.

I also realized that during the first challenge I HATED jumping jacks and dropped them from the body weight routine.  Last challenge, I upped the jumping jacks in my warmup because 10 didn't seem like enough.

Nicely done! :) I don't think IKEA meatballs are paleo but they sure are delicious! I'm still coming to terms with not having a starch as part of your meal, too. Everyone has been like, "How are you NOT gonna starve?" I just have to have faith... faith...

Started a recipe thread here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/37576-stealthy-ninja-recipes/

and added a first recipe.  I've seen SO many good recipes go by on various team member's thread, and I thought a central location would be a great idea.

Awesome! I'm sure rogaecia has a few more up her sleeves. And I'll be discovering more gems as I go along!

What would ikea meatballs have in them? Bread crumbs? I always forget about that...

I love DIY-ing meatballs, and it's pretty easy to do. You can make delicious zucchini pasta with sauce to go with... yum yum yum yum yum

I was thinking about doing the whole 30 with you, but then I realized that I eat about 90% paleo already, so... I'll just cheer you on!

Primeval - totally with you there. Apparently if you eat pretty healthily, you're already about 75% paleo.. And I like kidney beans in chilli too much to do whole30. Oh, and don't bother with 'primeval' the show; you heard of the British 2005(ish) pop band, S Club 7....? This was one of their members foray into British sci-fi. Some people love it - I think it's average.

Loving these mini-missions! I did two minor 'push yourself' part 1's. First of all, this (picture below - dumb phone).

I'm all about making tiny life changes to sustainably loose weight. I walk up these stairs every morning, there is the option of taking the escalator, but in my head, I race people to the top, me on the stairs, them on the escalator (it's still a race even if they don't know they're participating, right?!) I hurriedly move my little feet and pretty much jog up. The only people that beat me are the super fit ones that take two steps at a time.

Being a larger lass, with knees that have taken years of abuse, two steps at a time is really hard, and I've never done it up so many steps as I did yesterday.

Second thing: I committed to running thrice a week but in all honesty, I was nervous about how I was going to fit number three in... What with the long hours and two mile hike home...

For a smart(ish) woman, I sure can be dumb.

It struck me yesterday, the walk home. Why shouldn't I use that as an opportunity to run with my c25k? So I diligently packed my running shoes off to work with me, did a days work and ran home. It was a completely different experience, running through town. Dodging people, darting in and out of kids playing, swerving dog poop, I felt like a proper Ninja :ph34r:

Why was this pushing myself? Not only the fact that I did it, but I did it in one of my fastest paces yet, but also with my work laptop and bag on. I weighed it last night, and it comes in at a hefty 19lbs.

Yeeeeeeeeeah \m/

Working on part two: as with the recipes though, is it possible to get a tab to list everyone's work out / high bmp songs? I'd love to discover new tunes to add to my collection.

post-17967-13795679875759_thumb.jpg

Primeval - totally with you there. Apparently if you eat pretty healthily, you're already about 75% paleo.. And I like kidney beans in chilli too much to do whole30. Oh, and don't bother with 'primeval' the show; you heard of the British 2005(ish) pop band, S Club 7....? This was one of their members foray into British sci-fi. Some people love it - I think it's average.

Loving these mini-missions! I did two minor 'push yourself' part 1's. First of all, this (picture below - dumb phone).

I'm all about making tiny life changes to sustainably loose weight. I walk up these stairs every morning, there is the option of taking the escalator, but in my head, I race people to the top, me on the stairs, them on the escalator (it's still a race even if they don't know they're participating, right?!) I hurriedly move my little feet and pretty much jog up. The only people that beat me are the super fit ones that take two steps at a time.

Being a larger lass, with knees that have taken years of abuse, two steps at a time is really hard, and I've never done it up so many steps as I did yesterday.

Second thing: I committed to running thrice a week but in all honesty, I was nervous about how I was going to fit number three in... What with the long hours and two mile hike home...

For a smart(ish) woman, I sure can be dumb.

It struck me yesterday, the walk home. Why shouldn't I use that as an opportunity to run with my c25k? So I diligently packed my running shoes off to work with me, did a days work and ran home. It was a completely different experience, running through town. Dodging people, darting in and out of kids playing, swerving dog poop, I felt like a proper Ninja :ph34r:

Why was this pushing myself? Not only the fact that I did it, but I did it in one of my fastest paces yet, but also with my work laptop and bag on. I weighed it last night, and it comes in at a hefty 19lbs.

Yeeeeeeeeeah \m/

Working on part two: as with the recipes though, is it possible to get a tab to list everyone's work out / high bmp songs? I'd love to discover new tunes to add to my collection.

You go girl!  I'm with you on the beans--just not ready to give those up.  I'm still eating rice too.

Brilliant idea to run home.  It was a boost to know you and I run at about the same pace.  Love the ninja smiley too!

I'm not a workout music person, but there is a thread everyone could piggback:  http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/36279-whats-everyones-favourite-workout-music/

Two comments on Ikea meatballs, so I had to go look it up.  Turns out that a.) horse meat was discovered in Ikea meatballs in Europe early this year (YUCK!) and b.) Ikea is very reassuring, stating that their meatballs are 84% pork and beef PRODUCTS. 

My first question is what exactly PRODUCTS means?  (Don't answer; that was rhetorical.) 

My second question is what's the other 16%?  So I pulled a bag out of the fridge--beef, pork, water, bread crumbs, seasonings (salt, sugar, spices), eggs.  Definitely not paleo...