• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

peggysr

Stealthy Ninja Bastards, Challenge 2

My buddy that helped me move house brought a three pack of krispy kreme doughnuts. They looked amazing but I'm normally always let down by their average taste.

Sent from my ST25i using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I've never understood the Krispy Kreme mystique.  They're decent doughnuts, except for the dampness that results from putting them in boxes while they're still warm.  Nothing to write home about though.  Aficionados assure me I need to try them fresh and hot...

I've never understood the Krispy Kreme mystique. They're decent doughnuts, except for the dampness that results from putting them in boxes while they're still warm. Nothing to write home about though. Aficionados assure me I need to try them fresh and hot...

I find there's quite a lot of food like that; aesthetically more pleasing than they are digestively.

I find there's quite a lot of food like that; aesthetically more pleasing than they are digestively.

I feel that way about a lot of hyper processed food. It's lame. Maybe it's up to us (individuals) to change how appealing we see food? My mouth still waters whenever I think of butter or shortbread cookies, despite knowing my stomach will be upset.

I think my biggest vice is definitely booze. If I have the choice between pastries/food/etc and beer, I will totally pick beer.

I think for this next challenge I need I be upfront with myself about extra calories and how just because they are gluten-free/paleo, I don't need to be eating it. It especially applies to paleo treats and stuff. Extraneous stuff is extraneous. I need to quit fooling myself in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel that way about a lot of hyper processed food. It's lame. Maybe it's up to us (individuals) to change how appealing we see food? My mouth still waters whenever I think of butter or shortbread cookies, despite knowing my stomach will be upset.

I think my biggest vice is definitely booze. If I have the choice between pastries/food/etc and beer, I will totally pick beer.

I think for this next challenge I need I be upfront with myself about extra calories and how just because they are gluten-free/paleo, I don't need to be eating it. It especially applies to paleo treats and stuff. Extraneous stuff is extraneous. I need to quit fooling myself in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest change for me is seeing food as a reward. I still feel me and my belly deserve something sugary to light up my pleasure centers. Doughnuts, pastries, biscuits, cakes absolutely meet that criteria and my head has a list of brilliant reasons I 'deserve' it. Normally it's because I've had a bad day at work. Paying rent on two places, money's tight. Every time I want one I clock how much it costs and put the equivalent in a jar. I've seen the most amazing pair of shoes (as my legs get thinner, heels are more attractive), truth is I could afford to go out and buy them today if I wanted, but I want my brain to start associating 'treats' with anything other than food, as well as provide some perspective; a bad day isn't cause for a reward, it's part of the course of life.

Now I just have to work on not developing a shopping habit. :-o

Having just experienced this first-hand, we probably need a support group for our upcoming shopping habits. Just spent a few days in sunny Arizona and went a little trigger happy on new workout clothes. Also - first time I can remember fitting into a small. All that flab coming off of the armpits made the difference!

Looking forward to catching up with y'all on the Hangout this weekend! And a big welcome to the gracious and amazing aisle4b, who will be helping rogaecia this round in making sure we're all motivated and challenged! Thanks guys for continuing on the good fight!

• Like 1

Boo. Unable to make the hang outs or anything until Tuesday. Twelve days! Twelve days I've been without internet. (First world problems.com) everything's going through my 3g, which I don't think can support a hang out!

Boo. Unable to make the hang outs or anything until Tuesday. Twelve days! Twelve days I've been without internet. (First world problems.com) everything's going through my 3g, which I don't think can support a hang out!

Booo! You'll be missed :(

*Sadness*  I'll miss you.