Continuing the Journey

I am totally a morning exerciser too.  The evenings are for putting up the feet, eating snacks and watching telly (and reading NF).  If i didn't get up at 5.45 I would never exercise!!  I go to bed at 10 to make sure I get enough sleep, and to be honest I like going to bed early instead of falling asleep on the couch at midnight watching south park reruns.  Time definitely not well spent. The way I look at it is I have nothing else scheduled for 5.45 am so what's my excuse??  I have to admit I feel very smug by the time I get to work, cos the hardest part of my day is already done.  And i don't have to keep reminding myself that i have to exercise later, which i hate.

That is exactly why we moved our workout to 5:30am.  Then it's done and I don't have to worry about it anymore for the rest of the day, plus, very unlikely to be interrupted at that time.  I personally think we could have still gone, but my husband hates to be pressed for time so...  Next time I'm going without him no matter what.  We'll be getting our bikes back in a few weeks so then I can just bike myself home. :joyous:

The right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." -John Crichton, Farscape

Day 4

Yesterday I was pretty on task.  I did eat 1 blueberry pancake.  It is the first pancake I have eaten in 3 months, and I loooove pancakes, so I am not too mad at myself.  It was a good reminder though about how sluggish I feel when I do eat wheat and sugar.  Rest of my diet, all Paleo.  I got my 30 mins of packing in, even with a tight schedule, and though it wasn't an exercise day I was still very active. 

Also, I finally came up with a grading system for the challenge:

Goal #1, 3 Hardcore Exercise Days a Week

A-17+

B-15+

C-13+

D-11+

F-10-

Goal #2, 90% Paleo Diet, 3 Intermittent Fasts, Good Portion Size

A-38+

B-34+

C-30+

D-28+

F-24-

Goal #3, Finish my first 5K

A-Finish the Race

F-Don't Finish the Race

Life Quest, 30mins Packing Everyday

A-38+

B-34+

C-30+

D-28+

F-24+

The right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." -John Crichton, Farscape

Yeah you will! (Did you get there?) Looks like yesterday was a pretty great day- hope today is going just as well! What are you entering into the crochet competition?

Yes!  I was there and I really pushed myself.  Looking forward to Monday's workout.  I'm enterine this kimono motif jacket type of thing.  I've got a little bit of edging left to finish and then I post a pic.  Ironically, I started this thing 4 months ago, so now it's way too big!  A good problem to have I guess. :D

Day 5

Yesterday went great!

*I made it to Boot Camp and pushed myself to run the stairs/hill loop all 4 times even though the instructor gave us the other option of just doing jumping jacks instead.

*I ate very well and got in my second fast for the week.

*I did my 30 mins of packing-DVDs & video games.

Also, this week was the time for my latest monthly tracking photos...and they are awesome!  I've never been so happy about fat pictures in my life.

Days 6 & 7

The weekend was rough.  I didn't have any exercise scheduled, but I missed both days of packing due to over scheduling myself.  I got in my 3rd fast for the week on Sat (mostly cause of poor scheduling that morning), but I got caught out on my paleo in a bad way.  I went to an all day beekeeping class on Sat and assumed that they would just have us break for lunch.  Instead, they ordered us pizza and kept going with class.  By that point it was noon and I hadn't had anything to eat in 17 hours.  The bee smokers were making me nauseous and I knew I didn't have a choice but to eat.  I hadn't had pizza in 4 months and I hadn't had that much wheat in one go in over 5 months.  Man, did I pay for it all day Sunday.  On the brightside, I have now learned 2 things.  1-no matter how good pizza may look, it's no longer worth it. 2-ALWAYS PACK A LUNCH!  Better to have it and not need it.

Overall, last week wasn't horrible, but I really need to step it up a notch for this week.  Knowing I have to get on here and report really does help me stay more on task though.  Thanks guys!

Oy, overscheduling. I know that feel. Generally I do better being too busy than being too idle, but there are times where it just goes overboard.

Also, totally seconding "always pack a lunch." One of my goals for this week, in fact, is to cook up a bunch of stuff on my days off so I stop buying food out every day. Insanely expensive, not to mention likely to be unhealthy. 

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

My Challenge Thread

Day 4

Yesterday I was pretty on task.  I did eat 1 blueberry pancake.  It is the first pancake I have eaten in 3 months, and I loooove pancakes, so I am not too mad at myself.  It was a good reminder though about how sluggish I feel when I do eat wheat and sugar.  Rest of my diet, all Paleo.  I got my 30 mins of packing in, even with a tight schedule, and though it wasn't an exercise day I was still very active. 

If you love pancakes have you tried the two ingredient pancake - eggs and a banana?  I swear they are amazing.  I saw the recipe on one of the success stories here on NF and tried them immediately.  Its meant to be one ripe banana and 4 whole eggs but some people said it was more a banana omelette, so I did one small banana, one whole egg and half a cup of liquid egg white.  Made about 10 small pancakes - very thin like a crepe - but soooo tasty.  Had them with bacon, sour cream and a drizzle of honey.  best thing ever.

major congrats on the weight loss thus far - your photos knocked me for six!

If you love pancakes have you tried the two ingredient pancake - eggs and a banana?  I swear they are amazing.  I saw the recipe on one of the success stories here on NF and tried them immediately.  Its meant to be one ripe banana and 4 whole eggs but some people said it was more a banana omelette, so I did one small banana, one whole egg and half a cup of liquid egg white.  Made about 10 small pancakes - very thin like a crepe - but soooo tasty.  Had them with bacon, sour cream and a drizzle of honey.  best thing ever.

major congrats on the weight loss thus far - your photos knocked me for six!

Thanks! Those pancakes sound awesome. I'm gonna try them this weekend!

Dropped in from Browncoats.  Not just a stalker.

Good job on your first week.  Even with your small setbacks on exercise and food it looks like you are making good progress.  I have similar small "failures" like the apple pie for Hobbit Day, but since I have been tracking calories I can see that it did not put me behind my weekly goal.

warrior and raptor on hoseback

Winter is coming, but you are prepared and you have support.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Last week was great, and this week will be even better. And that is really cool that you went to a bee keeping class!

*Made it to boot camp and was really impressed by how much my sprinting has improved. 

Boot camp sounds like it is doing wonders for you! Is it a program that has an end, or do you do it every week?

Dropped in from Browncoats.  Not just a stalker.

Good job on your first week.  Even with your small setbacks on exercise and food it looks like you are making good progress.  I have similar small "failures" like the apple pie for Hobbit Day, but since I have been tracking calories I can see that it did not put me behind my weekly goal.

Winter is coming, but you are prepared and you have support.

Nice to meet a fellow Browncoat and  thanks for the support!

Days 9,10,11

I've been MIA, sorry. I ready to be back in the game now.

Had a set back on Tuesday. It wasn't anything important, and in the grand scheme of things will have no bearing on my life, but I was a bit crushed.  I mentioned earlier I'm a yarn nerd, and I had been working on a crochet competition piece for the last 4 months and was pushing to get it sent in for the Sept 27th deadline. Everything was finally ready to be mailed on Tuesday morning and I was filling out the entry form...only to realize it said the 21st. I contacted the guild to see if there was any chance I could still turn it in and at first the woman I spoke to said yes, if I could get it to them that day (which meant a 3 hour drive, and yes I am that crazy). However, right before I was about to leave that evening she called and said that she had spoken with the other member and other late entries had already been denied, so mine had to be as well.  So, I got to be devastated twice in one day.  Then I ate a pint of chocolate ice cream.

Wednesday was spent recovering from Tuesday.  I did yoga instead of boot camp, because I new I would have a 12 hour day ahead of me and needed to be calm and focused (not really sure that worked).  There was no time for packing. I did get in a fast.

Thursday was better.  Worked on picking out paint colors for the house, did another fast and generally felt less like eating an entire pan of brownies.  I started a knitting project for Christmas.  While one project can be heartbreaking, another one can heal.

Today is looking good, already made it to boot camp...but I really hate burpees.

Oh, I'm so sorry! That is a really unfortunate thing to happen. Way to pick yourself back up though. And now you have a nice kimono/jacket to give to someone or sell, since it is too big for your bad self! Awesome job with the rest of the week. Workouts and fasts galore!

While one project can be heartbreaking, another one can heal.

A poetic and lovely thing to say. 

I also feel bad for you, but I am glad to see you are doing good things.  I am glad you kept it to one pint of ice cream.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Sorry for not checking in for over a week.  Things have been a bit rough, but I think they are turning around.

End of the second week went really well. Good diet and I had a great boot camp on Friday.  I did my 3rd fast for the week on Sunday and got in about 10 hours of cleaning and painting at the new house.

Week 3 (aka week of doom)

Monday - I woke up not feeling very well.  I knew I wasn't up for boot camp, but I still made myself get up and do at least 30 mins of exercise.  My diet wasn't great, but I did get a few hours of painting in.  This was my best day this week.

Tuesday- I picked up my laptop and it broke...seriously. From picking it up. :livid:    Then, we found black mold in one of the bathrooms in the new house, so we'll have to replace the wall behind the shower.  It was a long day, starting at 6am and not getting home until 10:30pm. Four hours of painting done, but very poor diet, fast food.

Wednesday -  I woke up with a nasty head cold.  Yup, 3 days before my 5K. By this point I'm starting to feel cursed.  I stayed home to rest for the day, so there was no packing or painting and definatly no boot camp.  Diet = Rubbish

Thursday - Still felt like crap, getting very little sleep, eating poorly.  Forced myself to get in 3 hours of slow painting. Got the laptop fixed.

Friday - Feeling slightly better. Focused on eating better and drinking lots of water. I will complete the race tomorrow.  I do not care if I have to crawl across the finish line.

So this week has sucked, but it's one week out of 6 in this challenge and I don't intend to let it get the best of me.  In fact, I'm gonna do my best to see the end of this week is awesome.  At this point in the challenge I'm realizing that my diet is the biggest issue and I know it's because I have been really stressed and not planning my meals the way I should with the time constraints I know I have.  This weekend, in addition to hopefully being able to complete the 5K, I want to get all my lunches and dinner prepared for next week so there are no more fast food stops.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines