jcb1948 is a broken old man making do

jcb1948

I've only just gotten full-ish use of my left arm back after straining a muscle last Christmas. Now I've gone and hurt the right shoulder. That limits what I can accomplish, but I'm determined to make some kind of progress in getting stronger and generally fitter. 

To move toward my goal, and because I can do little more than work on my legs, I want to be able to squat 15% more by the end of the challenge. I hate leg exercises, but since I can't do much else, hopefully I can push on through, and having a goal might make it easier to keep myself working out (nothing but legs get boooriiing). 

I will also cut out any and all forms of cake, candy, and other sweet snacks. It's sooo easy to snack on that at work, but I'm going to have to prepare and provide myself with convenient, healthy choices. 

To level up my life, and since Rangers should be able to thrive in all environments, I will master two of the 5 Knots You Need to Know How to Tie at All Times. I haven't decided which two yet. 

Wish me luck.

Chris

Human Ranger (w/ a little Assassin)

If you're a person with a sweet tooth like I am, I would suggest taking some fruit with you to work so you can still fulfill that particular craving without giving into junk food. And there are so many yummy fruits out there, so definitely be adventurous when you go to the grocery store. Best of luck!

Level 8 Undead Ranger

STR: 17.75 | DEX: 13 | STA: 16.25 | CON: 20 | WIS: 15.25 | CHA: 14

My Current Challenge | My Epic Quest List

I would suggest taking some fruit with you to work so you can still fulfill that particular craving without giving into junk food.

Ooh, good idea. I've got to do that. It also gives me something beside jerky or nuts to gnaw on.

how about raw food treats to swap out instead? or is it treats all together?

Mostly it's just the bad treats. I'm not trying to skip the PM snack, just make it a better one.

Glad at least one thing is going well.  And it sounds like you are staying mostly on track with the sweets as well.  A slip up now and then isn't a big deal, just keep it infrequent and you're still doing much better than you were before you started!  Glad to hear you're still sticking with it.

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

The first week of the snacking thing was rough, but I've done much better since. Making sure I had good substitutes around was key. 

As for lifting, I'm about 90% of the way to my goal. 

Knots, I'm 1 for 2 and starting on that second. I don't know how I made it through Boy Scouts without learning a bowline. 

----------------

@Fluffyrin, I saw that you've had some troubles, but I know you'll make it .

I made my squat goal today. That means I did 145 lbs -- not much, but I'm getting there. 

Had a bad couple of days with the sweets -- it was unable to resist that big ol' cake we had at work, but today's a new day. 

Knots: I've got the bowline down pretty pat. I'm working on the tautline hitch now.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines