Clarys: An Unforeseeable Journey - Accept the Adventure!

Clarys

Hello Everyone!!

This is my second 6W Challenge and I´m moving out to the Adventurer Guild, until I´m comfortable to go to the Ranger guilds|!

My main goal didn't change...

Main Quest: I want to have the weight, the body, the health and the confidence that I once have.

I need to lose about 20 Kg to be in the place that I imagine. I gain this amount of weight in my last year of college, 6 years ago, and never manage to lose it. I drop a few kilos some times, but every change that happens in my life I recovery the weight. Now, I'm having some health issues because of the weight and I want to feel good with myself again!

Goal 01:  Go to bed around 10 pm. (STA + 02; CON + 02; WIS +01)

I struggle every morning to go out of bed, so I´m trying to go sleep earlier to get out of bed in time to eat a good breakfast without hurry before go to the gym on Mondays (Crossfit), Wednesdays and  Fridays (Pilates). In the other days I will try to walk, or just go to the lab early. This dind't help my main quest directly, but indirectly, because I will be more willing to go to the gym or do what I have to do!

Goal 02: I won´t eat any dairy for at least 6 days a week! (STA +01; CON +03)

I can't drink milk, but I eat a lot of cheese e yogurt, but my lactose intolerance is becoming worse, so I will see if I didn't eat this things it will improve my general health. I will have a cheat day if I want to eat pizza or lasagna or something like this!

Goal 03: Eat just real food, or at least not eat things that I can´t pronounce the names. (CON + 02; WIS + 02)

In general I try to avoid things with a lot of preservatives or coloring, but I will be more aware of this this challenge.

I will improve this 1 day of the week by week of the challenge as a way to me measurable, starting with Monday!

UPADATE: I just realize that I love my chocolate, I eat a small piece of dark chocolate with extra cocoa with my black coffee every other day. How I never overeat this small piece and it is a moment of joy in my day this will be a exception for the real food rule!

Life Goal: Finish the first draft of my dissertation! (CHA +01; WIS +01)

I'm a graduate student in Ecology and Evolution, aim for a master degree in the beginning of next year, and I want to be approved in the exam to begin a doctorate next year (as soon as I defend my master dissertation). So, I need to finish the dissertation before start to study to the doctorate exam that will probably be in the last week of November.

I din't have a detail plan for this yet, I will think of this tomorrow, and update here...

UPDATE: I will write down every sunday which are the goals for the week, and choose 01 per day. These goals probably will not be very specific, but if I don´t procrastinate they will be achieve!

My Motivation

I just have one life, so I want to live the better life I can!

I do the work that I love, well, I'm in the right path. I want to be a real scientist, but right now I'm a scientist in training!

What is missing is feel good with myself and my body and my health, and it is what I'm looking for!

My Grades

For every week I achieve the goal I will increase a grade, like this:

A - 6 weeks

B - 5 weeks

C - 4 weeks

D - 3 w

E - 2 w

F - 1 w

My starting point

Weight ??? (something around 80-82 kgs)

Waist = 78cm

Abdomen = 92cm

Hip = 118cm

Left thigh = 66cm

Right thigh = 67 cm

Left calf = 46cm

Right calf = 47cm

Left arm = 32cm

Right arm = 32cm

I always like sleep goals because it really does have a big impact on everything else.  My g/f is lactose intolerant.  Some dairy products just have more lactose than others.  For example, cottage cheese doesn't have as much lactose so my g/f can have it in small amounts and not want to hold her guts.  Good luck :)

I always like sleep goals because it really does have a big impact on everything else.  My g/f is lactose intolerant.  Some dairy products just have more lactose than others.  For example, cottage cheese doesn't have as much lactose so my g/f can have it in small amounts and not want to hold her guts.  Good luck :)

Good to know that!! I can eat dairy in general, but as I didn't eat meat e very little chicken I used to eat a lot of yogurt and cheese to burst my protein intake, what, I think, It isn´t doing good for me... I will see how I feel in the end of the challenge!

I love the idea of adding one "real food" day a week! Such a good way to build up to it. And I think dark chocolate is a perfectly reasonable "cheat" since you truly enjoy it and have your moderation under control. Best of luck with your challenge!

Level 10 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 19.25 | DEX 12 | STA 22.75 | CON 38 | WIS 21 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 CURRENT: 12

A mid week Uptade!

Yesterday I eat just Real Foods!

And I went to bed in the time specified, but this didn´t means that I have slept in the time... Somethings to think about in my bedtime routine...

Congrats!  It'll probably take some time to adjust to going to bed earlier.  I've heard talking a walk in the evening can help?  I'd recommend reading before bed, but that usually makes me stay up late ("just one more chapter...!")

Level 10 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 19.25 | DEX 12 | STA 22.75 | CON 38 | WIS 21 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 CURRENT: 12

My first week log...

Goal 01: I really try to go to bed in time, I think that I just didn't made a move one day, but I just can't sleep in most of the days, and 01 day I just get up and went do something... I'm making same adjustments in this goal. I will start my bedtime routine (shower, brush teeth, and such)  at 10pm and I'm go to bed, but if I can't sleep I will allow myself to do others things like read or play sudoku till I can sleep. I think that with time my body will understand that it is time to sleep!

Goal 02: I ate a pizza in the middle of the week, and yesterday again, but I will count this in this week.

I'm struggling a lot with this goal, I have cravings on eat cream cheese, and my protein intake is way less than what I need.

I don't know if I change a little bit, like permit cottage or others like that, or no. I will think during this week, and manage to eat others kind of protein.

Goal 03: This is a easy goal for me, I ate real food on monday, and many other days. I think that just in sunday that I ate process food!

So far so good, some adjustments to make, but I'm in the right track !

The little change in my bedtime routine, plus a reminder in my phone made it easy. This three days went smooth.

My body is really begging for proteins, so I will add 2 or 3 days in the week that I can eat white cheese, preferable cottage or other with high protein and low fat.

I will make some more research on how to have a really health almost vegetarian diet.

Seems like you're doing well. Keep it up!

Let us know what you figure out about how to get the protein intake up. If you're going vegetarian and avoiding dairy, maybe look at nutrition guides written for vegans?

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Meatless chili with tons of those black/red kidney beans can be your friend. 

Not sure how you feel about chicken stock, but I also made a soup in my crockpot with butter beans.  Those things are surprisingly good.  they're bland enough to soak up the flavor or whatever you use for seasoning.

Meatless chili with tons of those black/red kidney beans can be your friend. 

Not sure how you feel about chicken stock, but I also made a soup in my crockpot with butter beans.  Those things are surprisingly good.  they're bland enough to soak up the flavor or whatever you use for seasoning.

The chili sounds yummy, but when I eat much beans I feel like a balloon, so, beans just in special occasions...

The problem with soup right now is the wether... I love soup, of any kind, but I´m in the middle of Brasil, so spring... and the temperature is about 32ºC  (Ithink about 90F).

So it is impossible to eat any hot thing...

Thanks!!

Ok, after think a lot I decide that I need a really simple meal plan that I can eat every day about the same things.

I don´t want to think about the food, I need to save my decisions to my dissertation, so I end with this:

My Diet

Breakfast

Tea with honey (weekends)

Smooth with: (weekdays)

banana

apple

other fruits

Acai

Spinach or kale

Albumin Powder

Water

Lunch

Various grain rice cooked with frozen mix vegetables

Options for adding:

chicken

tuna

salad

tomato

Green Pea

legumes

Cottage cheese (or other mild)

Olives

Others…

Dinner

Homemade Humus with:

tomato

carrot

cucumber

asparagus

olive

celery

Snacks

Black coffee with dark chocolate

Fresh fruits

Nuts and Seeds

Tea or Infusions

Dried Fruits

Scramble eggs (in mornings after workouts)

There are room for same variations, but the structure is the same every day. On weekends I will probably made some different meal and a cheat day.

I decide to add the albumin powder to up my protein intake because I really don´t want to add much chicken, eggs or other things, I become sick of this things pretty fast... Like, I can´t eat chicken more than twice a week, same for eggs, tuna I eat once every a couple of weeks and it is...

Hey Clarys, how's the adventure going? We haven't heard from you in a while. :)

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Well, my adventure isn´t going very well...

I´m trying to focus all my willpower on my life goal, I´m out of time, so I´m simply not thinking about the other things...

Analyzing my last two weeks I realize that goal 01 and 03 is something like a C+, enough to pass!! lol

But I´m eating cheese again... Not so much, and the lights one, but I just can´t stay away, I didn´t have the necessary willpower to fight against my cravings...

I will continuing with the real food thing till the end of this challenge and beyond!!

The other goals... I don´t know yet...

I practically abandoned the challenge... I tried to eat just real foods, and for most time I could, but I didn´t take notes, so I don´t know how I really did...

But I learn a lot about me and my body in this challenge, and I made some good progress with my dissertation, so overall I think that was a good challenge besides I didn´t pass in the exam.... lol

Next challenge I will do better!!!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines