This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Chrissa

Well, that's just how it goes, though, isn't it? I mean, you have what you think you can do, and then you try it out and it doesn't work so great. So, you have one of a few options: stick it out, quit, or adapt it. And besides, it sounds like you're doing all kinds of stuff with data and making sure that you're up on what's going in and what it's producing in terms of output.

Do what you gotta do to get where you wanna go.

Also, that is a badass RL Stevenson quote.

Today wasn't as great an end to the week as I'd have liked. It was my higher carb allowance day and I stayed under my cap but I am noticing a trend here in protein being high. And yeah, I treated myself a bit but I felt very distressed today at work even though there wasn't that much a need for it. I was trying too hard again.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Chrissa_Hunt

No workout tonight, so only 2 strength sessions this week. I did however help mom with a little yard work, wash the car and get my gym pass for the base so I can start going. I didn't get to visit any of my new friends today but tomorrow we're hitting the road to Edmonton for his appointment and we're staying overnight, so no hapkido. I will likely hit the hotel gym for a workout though and I'm going to take my hapkido notes with me to remind me I need to bone up on my techniques again. I came to a realization too while I was out having my walk today. I'm focusing too much on my diet and not enough on my physical activity. The reason I was in better shape this time last year is: I did more. My job was more physically demanding, I biked to work daily, I biked on days off, I walked, ran and I exercised. I was watching what I eat but not so tightly and I was able to enjoy it more. I think while we're on the road I'll spend the time working out my new plan. Round 1 was a draw, I couldn't call it a win. I'll make my comeback in Round 2. I think part of phase 2 will involve a meal photo log instead of MFP. Having to snap pics of snacks will be a pain, the loser inside is lazy, it may put her off snacking a bit more. I'm also looking at the tennis ball on my desk, there's a nice wall at the park on top the hill near my house. I don't have a racquet but I got hands...

Level 3 Human Monk

STR 8, DEX 4, STA 7, CON 8, WIS 6, CHA 5

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Ha ha! My brother and I used to play a version of that called Wall Ball, where you bounce back and forth between the players. And if someone shouts out "Wall Ball!" whoever has the ball has to throw the ball from whatever frozen position that you find them in. And it has three bounces on the ground to hit and afterward you have to run to touch the wall.

I miss that game. But to be fair, I was jerk to my brother playing that. Handball looks like it's a lot of fun too.

I'm back from the city and after having indulged in a few treats while there (I had some fries and chocolate) I'm ready to get back into the fight. But hold up, now there are some big stakes involved. I've been unhappy with my weight sitting in the 150's since July and I've been having a very difficult time motivating myself to do something about it beyond cleaning up my diet. That's stopping today.

Reset

You see, I've been wanting a fitbit for a while now. While in the city, I tried one on and really thought about buying it to help me. My husband was fine with that, but I chose not to get it and came up with an even better idea. I have to EARN it. But I'm not trying to just earn one for myself, oh no it's bigger than that. I'm earning one for each of us (once I told him about it he was impressed and liked the idea.)

So what's the deal? It's simple really. No set structure for food or workouts, just do anything possible to get back to the low 140 or under range on the scale by our upcoming anniversary on Nov. 20th. That gives me about 2 months to lose at least 10 pounds. If I can get below 140, there's a bonus too. I'm finally getting that piercing I've been wanting for a few months now.

I'm pretty fired up to do this with the extra incentive, and last night when we did our weight session instead of running stairs we went out for a walk and I did wind sprints every block to the 7-11. My rest time was walking back to him and to the end of the block again until we crossed the street and I started again. Today I slept in and got well rested before having a later breakfast (it was very low carb too) and JOGGING to get the paper and back. I went downtown again later also jogging the way there (I had to carry stuff back) killed a sweet craving with a healthy alternative at the health food store and walked home. Then I did squats while folding laundry and biked to Wal-mart for a few more things I needed for the house. When I got home I helped mom clean the garage gutters and put the garden hoses away for fall before eating a filling salad for lunch. Did I mention, hapkido is tonight? I am so full of amazing energy today and I've got the momentum again to get shit done. I wanted to get to visit one of my new friends today, but I'll see my co-worker in class tonight and I have another load of laundry to go fold before getting in a little progress on my current crochet project, meeting up with the farmer for my eggs and making dinner.

I'm back in it to win it!

Ha ha! My brother and I used to play a version of that called Wall Ball, where you bounce back and forth between the players. And if someone shouts out "Wall Ball!" whoever has the ball has to throw the ball from whatever frozen position that you find them in. And it has three bounces on the ground to hit and afterward you have to run to touch the wall.

I miss that game. But to be fair, I was jerk to my brother playing that. Handball looks like it's a lot of fun too.

That sounds hilariously fun. I haven't gotten up there to try this yet but it's coming. I'm going to put all this energy to good use this time for sure, no slacking off now!

Level 3 Human Monk

Current Challenge

“Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight."

-Johnny Cash

Today feels like another success. My body is ripped up pretty good from hapkido last night. We did a LOT of throwing and flying. Our main instructor has stepped things up this year, he's pushing us a lot harder like he used to and I am responding to it well. I really missed the killer workouts and am happy to see them back. It's getting pretty cold here, this morning when I got up it was -3C. I got out quite a bit but did more walking than running and even visited Olive for a bit to check in on her. She was happy to see me. My big struggle today is appetite. I've got terrible munchies and can't seem to get rid of them. I keep drinking water and a few times reached for the coffee and ended up making tea instead. I've fought off the temptation to get some ice cream a few times today. Twice I ended up having fruit instead just to fill my craving. I had chia pudding for breakfast and I think that may be where I went wrong. I also ate with my husband so it was fairly early. Tonight I have to work at a dinner, in the dish room thankfully and I hope I can keep avoiding the temptations. In fact, I plan on having my own dinner quite early then testing how long I can fast tomorrow. I'm shooting for 16 to 18 hours with a HIIT session before my first meal. I'm thinking 3 rounds of 10 crossover push-ups, 10 burpees with knee tucks and 10 pike push-ups to build more shoulder strength for handstands. Warm-up will be a jog to get the paper and back in the cold. Today was enough rest, I need to get in there and keep fighting strong. Maybe before work tonight I'll get in a mini workout as my headache allows.

Wooo for new inspirations and new goals! Get it, girl!! :D

p.s. what piercing are you getting?

I have been wanting one of those cute little studs on the side of my nose. I have a long way to go to earn the tattoo I want though. I'm getting a hapkido one when I get my black belt. I may have stalled for now but it WILL happen.

Well, as long as you keep moving. That's all that really matters in the end. The trick, of course, becomes maintaining that intensity in your intentions all day every day between here and Nov. 20.

Good luck.

Yep, I got my work cut out for me. I'm using the Seinfeld method to help me here some, especially with diet. Today I said no grain, no dairy time to start some chains!

Level 3 Human Monk

Current Challenge

-Johnny Cash

Hi Chrissa! =D Catching up with your thread! 

Today feels like another success. My body is ripped up pretty good from hapkido last night. We did a LOT of throwing and flying. Our main instructor has stepped things up this year, he's pushing us a lot harder like he used to and I am responding to it well. I really missed the killer workouts and am happy to see them back. 

So exciting! There is something about doing intense workouts in front of others. We push ourselves a lot more! 

I've got terrible munchies and can't seem to get rid of them. I keep drinking water and a few times reached for the coffee and ended up making tea instead. I've fought off the temptation to get some ice cream a few times today. Twice I ended up having fruit instead just to fill my craving. I had chia pudding for breakfast and I think that may be where I went wrong.

Well consider that if you are doing more intense workouts, you are 1) increasing the caloric expenditure; 2) causing your muscles to grow. 

You are hungry because you should be. Your body wants to recover from that deficit of calories. If you keep this pace you will see amazing results by the end of the challenge! =D

Level: 4 Human Monk

STR: 14 | DEX: 7 | STA: 10.75 | CON: 6.75 | WIS: 13.75 | CHA: 1.75 |

"Effort without results is only self satisfying bunk" - Kain R. Heinlein.

"You can make mistakes, but you are not a failure until you blame others for those mistakes." - John Wooden.

"Misery is comfortable. Happiness takes effort." - David Wong.

Awesomely hard training is awesome. I'm glad you're getting what you're looking for out of Hapkido at this point. I hope that continues for you.

Listen to your body. If it gives you 'stop' signals, you stop. If it gives you 'go' signals, you go, and you go with the intensity. Either way, just keep moving.

Sorry I haven't been updating but I am still fighting strong. I finally made a big leap in admitting I need help and today I am meeting with my therapist for the first time because last time I chickened out. I am still looking for a way out of the food service, I haven't had much success and it's been pretty hard on me. I'm still tracking my meals, training and getting out there as much as I can. I started journaling in a notebook to help deal with the pressures of my job and I finally know that what I really want to do is more physical work. I'm currently hoping to get a shipper/receiver job in the parts department at the local Ford dealer. If not I may have to bide my time until some of the new stores open here or something else opens up that's full time and pays enough to meet my financial goals. I've also gone back to using my elliptical when I can't get out. The first half of my workout feels like torture but after that I feel good and want to keep on going. I think it's helping clear my head too as loath as I am to admit it. Anyways this fight is going to be a long one and I'm not losing much weight yet but I feel I am making progress and it's a matter of time. I may have set my goal for my anniversary a little too high but I will keep going until I reach it and get those Fitbits when I do. I'll check in from time to time but not spending much time at my pc these days. Good luck to all of you in your challenges, you continue to inspire me and once I have things more in order I'll be back for another go.

Level 3 Human Monk

Current Challenge

-Johnny Cash

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines