• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Haikoo

Haikoo Gets her Groove Back

threw-off-my-groove-not-gif.jpg

Last summer, I had a fantastic groove going. I was eating healthy, exercising regularly, getting good sleep and drinking all the water, even got myself to where I braved a bikini.  

What happened?!  I don't know. Mostly just life, I think. Or may be I got turned into a cow.

tumblr_mpzru0QzFk1saze6xo1_500.gif

For the past 6 months (or more?) I've slowly declined. I haven't gained a lot of weight back (maybe 4 or 5 lbs?), but  I keep trying to do these great challenges and I can't finish a single one. It's time to get back to the basics--and if I don't finish them this time, I have to go back to the basics again. If that means repeating this challenge until it is reasonably successful, so be it. I cannot move on to more difficult goals if I can't even keep up the basics. I will never get healthy if I can't consistently eat well, and make time for exercise, sleep and water. 

Main Quest:  Get back into my healthy rhythm and maintain it to the point it is no longer effort.

Why am I doing this?  

photo3_zpsdf019077.jpg?t=1379297216

Goals:

1. Eat like I want to eat for the rest of my life. What does that mean to me?
     -Eat Primal the majority of the time. Rice is okay occasionally, as are potatoes very occasoinally (but only the ones that come in our csa box)
     -A treat once in a while is not a big deal (ideally, once a week or less)

2. Get to the gym or do a 30min+ session of exercise 4 times per week. 
     -At this point, it doesn't matter what I'm doing, it only matters that I'm doing it and making it a part of my groove.

3. Sleep! Take my Natural Calm at 9pm (set a phone reminder!) and get into bed by 10pm Sunday-Thursday. I can stay up a little later on the nights I don't have to get up early the next morning.

Side Fitness/nutrition quest: 

4. Hydrate! Aim to drink 4 of my 16 oz bottles of water every day!

Sounds simple, right?

3qzw1w.jpg

KOO

WINGS

awesome!

awesomeTASTIC!

Gooooooooooooooo KOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

Thankkkkkkk yOuUuuuuuuUUUUUuuuuu!!

Bahahahaha. Your challenges always make me laugh. I don't have it as a goal this time but will definitely be doing the sleep and natural calm routine with you.

:D woot! Yea, I have been bad about not taking it until immediately before bed and then I lay there a half hour waiting for it to settle the brain buzz.... Not working. 

Odd I don't remember meeting a cow up in Madison. None the less great goals, you belong to a CSA? How does that work out for you?

The CSA is good! We love the produce. It has forced us to branch out and try new things. We get it every other week.  We've had this particular farm for 3 or years or so now. 

I love your reasoning, Haikoo.  You can do this, and I'm looking forward to being here with you the whole way.

Thank you!! 

thumbs up. 

Yay for the 'Koo! Get that groove!!!!

Thanks guys! 

I'm starting out gung ho, need to maintain it!!

So yesterday:

W1D1:

Foods:  

Breakfast- eggs with jalepenos, red pepper, chard, onion, and tomato --plus a peach

Lunch - Salad with a chicken sausage cut up on top and various yummy things in the salad

Dinner- leftover pulled pork with apple stuff on it (I made it in the crock last week), green beans and a handful of beet/sweet potato chips, 

Snacks- handful of mixed nuts, a pear, cofee with coconut milk and cocoa powder 

Exercise:

Went to the gym, did a class (cardio circuits along with some body weight stuff). Felt good, the knee didn't tweak very often. After that was done I stayed for the yoga class. Felt so much better after that.

Sleep: 

I didn't quite make 10. I turned off the computer then, however Coldboot came home right at that moment with groceries, so by the time I got there it was 10:23. I had a difficult time falling asleep. My hip kept waking me up. It didn't hurt exactly.... it was just making me restless.

Water:  68 oz! 

All in all, a successful day except for going to bed a little later than intended. 

Okay I am only now getting to yesterday's update!

W1D2

The foods:

Oh gosh, what did I eat yesterday??!! 

Breakfast.... eggs...with peppers and mushrooms and chard, I think! and a banana?

Lunch.... turkey with a teeny bit of cream cheese and tomatoes rolled in cabbage leaves. it seems like there should have been more veggies involved but I can't remember.

Dinner.... some sort of pork stuff we made in the crockpot with tomatoes and stuff. It was good!

There was a pear in there somewhere.... But that is all I can remember. I do know that I didn't eat anything "bad".

Exercise: rested--by 9pm last night I suddenly could feel every.single.muscle in my back lol  So probably good I rested a day.

Sleep: i was in bed by 10:03. Close enough :)

Water: Did not get this one. I was just fail on drinking water yesterday :( Got to 44 oz.

All in all, not a terrlble day. I fell asleep quickly and slept well :) 

Sounds like a good start. Isn't it amazing how much better you feel after yoga? Sorry about your sleep :(

Yes, I love the yoga! I wish I could do it more often!! 

f40.gif

Don't tell me. We're about to go over a huge Waterfall?    Sharp rocks at the bottom?

Nice first day, Haikoo.

Thanks!

Bahahah, nice EmCee.

Awesome Day 1.

Thank ya!

Hi there! Sorry I disappeared for a few days!! I have just been THAT busy.

I will try to do a quick catch up. I have still been keeping track of things, though not everything has been perfect.

W1D3

Food: Check  (Got to go to lunch with hubby! Was so nice! We never get to do that.

Exercise: Check

Sleep: Check

Water: 74 oz!

W1D4

Food: Check  

Exercise: none intentional

Sleep: I was not settled down to sleeping until 11:20ish. I blame hubby. >.>

Water: 44oz (Some days are so hard!!)

W1D5

Food: Good until dinner. I was at a picnic for Lidia's class and ended up having a couple things that weren't great. Not a huge failing, but it wasn't completely paleo/primal.

Exercise: No.

Sleep: Didn't go to bed early, but didn't have to get up early, so still got at least 8 hours of sleep.

Water: 64oz!  (Slammed the last bit right before bed...)

W1D6

Food: Not so great. There were definitely slip ups as we were out and about places.

Exercise: Not really.

Sleep: Stayed up, but again didn't have to get up early. Got at least 8 hrs.

Water: 52oz. Not quite there :( Was running around so much that day, just never got much.

W1D7

Food: Failed pretty hard with pizza for dinner. The rest of the day wasn't horrible.

Exercise: No

Sleep: Got to bed a little late, 10:23ish. Would have been on time, but stuff kept happening right at bed time that I had to deal with.

Water: 64 oz

Week 1 Summary:

Food:    C+   

Exercise:  C

Sleep: C+

Water: C+

Clearly, I have some work to do.

New week! Let's try this again, shall we?

W2D1

Food: Food was really good yesterday until dinner. We had a lot going on, with working on the basement floor so we caved and got tacos. I had corn and wheat, so this was not ideal, but we didn't have any other quick options. 

Exercise: While I did not go to the gym last night, I did get a ton of movement in. This is the first day I met my 10,000 step goal on my fitbit without going to the gym. I spent the morning catching up on ALL THE LAUNDRY. I must have gone up and down the stairs 20 or more times. Spent a bunch of time folding and moving about the house doing other cleaning, too. Then in the early afternoon, we started in on the basement floor. We ended up spending roughly 6-7 hours in it. This included a lot of squatting, bending, lifting, reaching and such movements. I am actually sore in places today. I am definitely counting this as exercise. Here is a pic of it in progress. We actually did finish it last night (at least that part of it--still have to do the trim and we decided to do the landing right outside the door, too, which will require ordering more flooring.)

bf1a79d624a411e3b1ed22000ae801e7_7.jpg

Water: 69oz! check!

Hopefully I can keep up with this a little better now, but if not, I'm still keeping track in my spreadsheet and such, so I can do catch ups.

I will do better this week!!