Novena Digs her way out!

Novena

Done a lot of things that I'm not so proud of.
Took a lot of turns, turned out wrong.
That's a worn out song

When last we saw our entrepid adventurer, she was trying to escape her tomb, the rut in which all her best motivations was hopelessly stuck. Unfortunately she got landslided by the job hunting challenge, which was too big a boss to beat.

Letting go of my bad habits.
Hangin on the hope for better times.
I'll be fine.

Now however, the next step is to recover the tools necessary to dig my way out of this hole I got myself into.

You've got to go and dig those holes,
with broken hands and withered souls, emancipated from all you know,
you've got to go and dig those holes

holesexcerpt-H.264-300Kbps.jpg

Main Quest: OK, so the big main quest is to make a Life Worth Living. But that's a life quest.

My current portion of that task is to recover from my injury, and get back to being a badass hooper.

But first, I need to get out of this hole.

All I fear’s that the future is worse
We have to give in to the hundred-year curse
Sweat in the sun like we’re diggin’ a grave
Dig deep enough and our fortune we’ll save

Goal 1: Your Shovel Iron is your Guide - Dumbell Division 4 3 day program, Zombies Run 5:(STR 2, DEX2)

I keep putting strength training in here, and keep failing cause I was doing straight bodyweight and it was boring me cause I miss my dumbells. (been doing light dumbells since high school, and didn't realize how much I wanted them back). Which is why I'm ranger these days.

Kept injuring myself which put me out of joint for the rest of the week's exercise. And really Rangers should be well balanced. So 3 days weights, 3 days ZR5K.

Goal 2: Peaches and Onions - 90% Paleo every workday. (STA3))

There is a LOT of extra food in the office. I work in an office that deals with Japanese visitors, and they *always* bring food for the office. Last couple of weeks we had six kinds of cookies. And once you've had one, you want to go - eh, that day's tanked. Might as well have ice cream. None of that.

I must bring the food I want to eat, and barring that anything I purchase has to be paleo. And I say 90% because there is greek yogurt in our vending machines, and sometimes its just the best option.

Goal 3: Report Anything you Find - Log goal status. (WIS3)

Daily in my journal, weekly on this challenge thread along with body composition stats.

Life Goal: Dig Them Holes - Declutter the apartment (CON5)

My apartment is a mess. Actually - most of it is in bins, but I have papers and bills from college (which was 15 years ago) and books I haven;t read in years and mail from three years ago, and craft stuff I no longer need, and its all a metaphor for my life as much as a physical reality. My hope is that decluttering the apartment removes the other obstacles in my brain stopping me from going forward. And - hopefully I can find some of my things I'm missing.

Side Quest: Jailbird -- Take a Circus Silks class.

Inspired by the comments on the last women's fitness post, I want to no longer postpone doing the things I love because I don't feel I am ready. However - this is contingent on the status of my injury. I'll have to ask the instructor.

Alt Side Quest: Beyond Peaches and Onions-- Paleo 3 Course Meal to cook for myself.

When the going's rough, you can be sure

I'll tough it out, I won't give in
If I'm knocked down i'll get up again
As long as my dreams alive
I will survive

Level 2 Assassin: STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 1 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4.5

Challenge: The Raptors are Coming

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

I wasn't actually going to structure the whole thing around Holes - I was looking for digging quotes and ended up watching the whole movie last night, and it all just kind of clicked. That and the soundtrack for that movie is really rather good.

Maybe it's about un-becoming everything that isn't really you so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

OK, so I've been bad about tracking.

Week 1:

Iron: 3/4

Peaches: 3/5

Report: 3/5

Holes: 1/2

Week 2:

Iron 2/4 (Due to injury - switching goal to 3 Iron and 3 Zombies Run 5K

Peaches: 4/5 (and I lost two pounds!)

Report: 3/5

Holes: 1/2

OK, so I can totally do better. But I think switching that goal will be OK>

OK, so lets be honest, this is the reason I haven't wanted to do my stats.

Weight     Waist/Neck/Hips Body Fat % Lbs Fat Lbs Lean  

191.6        35/14.5/41          36.9        70.8         120.8  

I deliberatly erased the last recording I had here (taken sometime this summer) because I want this to be the start point. The point from which I measure. And because I;m pretty sure these stats have decreased from the beginning of September till the end.

I work on a college campus. September is always awful, and stress behavior runs rampant. Its not my best month. October though has Halloween in it, and is by default made of win.

However, I do keep these stats around:

6/3/2012   210.8 | 15/38/44 |43% Fat|  91 lbs fat |119 lbs lean

Because those are also stats worth remembering. Because this was at the point where the doctor told me I was pre-diabetic and that he wanted to see me lose 20 lbs.

Although, in the vague memory of my erased stats, I remember being far higher in muscle mass than this. No point in obsessing. My baseline has been set, and this is the baseline I must use. That's it.

Also, I must say, I like the way the Academy Dumbell Division is structured much better. So I'm going with that.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines