UltanBoyd - Quest for the Hammer of Glory

UltanBoyd

I have never eaten fish and chips... :(

Then you have never eaten.

Or in the past your country did not feel the need to cover up bad fish in batter so buyers couldn't see it was bad and add some fat old potatoes with it!

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Great write-up to describe the big day.

You're not dead, so that means you have a great story.

Riding The dire ferret

Next time ride the giant ferret?

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Congratulations on finishing the walk. What was your time?

My father did something similar in his youth. All his toenails turned black and fell off.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

Congratulations on finishing the walk. What was your time?

My father did something similar in his youth. All his toenails turned black and fell off.

Toenails fine so far (One did feel like it was lifting for a mile or two but nothing's come of that touch wood)

Great write-up to describe the big day.

You're not dead, so that means you have a great story.

Next time ride the giant ferret?

Giant Ferret! That's what I forgot!

HUGE Congratulations on completing the walk! Great job powering through it, and planning it! I hope your body recovers quickly. Good luck this week!

Thanks!

You are awesome.  That sounds like a killer walk, and you just powered through it, pain and all.  Thanks for letting us know how it was.  That was nice to read.  I especially loved how during your breaks you sat down and had tea.  Why don't they do that here?

Ahh, I only managed one cup of tea. Not only a British affliction but an Irish one too so I'm amazed that typically Americans don't know how to make a decent brew.

I want to ride the giant ferret!

Keep it clean people! oh wait...yeah!

Thanks all for the support.

So last night went for Bro night at the gym.

Incline Bench, Flat Bench, Pec Fly,  Preacher Curls w/ EZ Curl bar, drop set curls with dumbells, cable hammer curls.

It was actually a lot of fun being a bro for the day, back to work next week though! Still my bench at 55kg felt alot better even after 5x8 incline bench. Bear if you will in mind my PR 1RM is 60kg and I hit 5x5 often hitting a 6th rep in some sets and only missing one rep in the fourth set.

Then hit the pull ups and got some walking in to work out the toe. At a large incline it's nice to walk on as it doesn't stretch the hurting bit too much and I was able to gradually bring the incline down. Toe is pretty much there.

NICE JOB WALKING ULTRABOYD! 

Just think about all those hobbits walking all those miles with their legs that are probably half the size of yours, without any shoes or arch support! They probably didn't even know about stretching!  They must have gotten some mad weird repetitive strain injuries...

Glad to see you on the other side of the Big Walk, and back on track with proper lifting! Lets see those numbers MOVE!

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Great job lifting at the gym.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

So last night went for Bro night at the gym.

Incline Bench, Flat Bench, Pec Fly,  Preacher Curls w/ EZ Curl bar, drop set curls with dumbells, cable hammer curls.

So bro, dude. Sounds like a good gym session! Hope the toe and foot get themselves back in working order for you soon!

Got to decide whether or not to go to the gym tonight. I tend to get back at just before 10ishand after a shower, drying the hair, cup of redbush etc etc it tends to be about 11:30 by the time I get to bed. Usually too late but I tend to take a while to come down from the gym. Tomorrow I have an hour long job interview, just after lunch. I think I'm going to be very tired. So I'm not sure whether I should go or not. That being said I'm away on Weds night so I should probably go. I could go Tuesday I guess or just man up!

Haha, I know the feeling! I would say go to the gym as soon as possible, so you dont get to the end of the week and say, wait a sec, I havent gone to the gym all week! Strike while the iron is hot!

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Yeah,

I was hoping for an awesome session and a big long..."Would I let you down?" speech. I'm still at work at the minute though. My car is coming to me late back from a service. Not gonna have time for all that gyming with the interview prep. My bad I left it too late.

I'll go tomorrow though. Work off post interview exhaustion!

Break a leg in the interview, Boyd! And good idea about the post-interview workout - I find that after interviews and stuff, all that nervous energy and "oh god when will they call me back" makes for great lifting fuel.  Get back on that horse, rebel!

Good luck with your interview!  Is this for a new job with another employer, or another job where you currently are?  I hope all goes well, and make it to the gym tomorrow (today? I don't know with the time difference).

Thanks! It's with the same employer. Hopefully leading to a promotion on authorisation within the new roles. I'm hoping to get on shift so I don't have to do days any longer. This is the first job where I've really had to do 9-5 type days and I hate it. Gimme shift any day!

Break a leg in the interview, Boyd! And good idea about the post-interview workout - I find that after interviews and stuff, all that nervous energy and "oh god when will they call me back" makes for great lifting fuel.  Get back on that horse, rebel!

The horse's name is trigger and he pulls the fastest milkcart in the west!

I hope that th interview goes well!

RIDERS

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Well I'm not sure on the interview. It's very strictly regimented so that no one can suggest foul play which means they have a list of standard questions and a list of answers. A lot of times I was asked for less detail in the technical questions as they just needed me to say one word so they could tick it off. Doesn't leave a lot to guess how I've done. Eh we shall see. Will hopefully find out the end of the month.

Went to the gym last night and wow everything was heavy. That's what comes of only taking a mild dose of weakness vaccinations over the past two week. Worked up to 110kg repping for 5 and by the second set of 110kg I missed reps and felt like throwing up, my chest was pounding, my head was spinning, I couldn't lower my pulse inbetween sets. It was horrible. I dropped back down to 100kg and got through reps but wow. I could definitely feel poor form so I guess I need read up again, work out what I'm forgetting to remember.

Rows after were a nightmare and OHP I had to keep at a low weight. Basically the iron kicked my arse. Went through some pulls/chins/dips with the assistance machine and hit a run. The run felt so good. I was properly in the zone. I didn't feel tired, I wasn't breathy I was just going. Zoom zooom! then after a mile or so my knee started hurting. I think the running was a bad idea really but I like it (who am I?)

Got some rolling going on with the legs. I think knee is a mix of overuse, tight IT bands, over-pronantion of the right foot (causing the overuse) and how my foot pivots between the break and the accelerator in the car. I'll try resting it a bit longer because I think before the walk it was getting better and the barefoot running is making amends to the overpronation. I've also really cut down miles driving of late so that should help. Failing that there's a soft tissue advice line through work I can ring.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines