[WonderNatarella] "If you don't like it, change it"

WonderNatarella

looking good wondernatarella ^^ keep at it ;)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Interesting! Where in Europe would you like to be back? 

I didn't get a chance to go to Spain or Germany, so I'd like to get there. Scotland is so pretty I would like to go back there. Belgium was quite wonderful too. I would not mind taking a beer tour through Belgium. Really there is no place that I wouldn't want to experience at least once so hopefully I'll get back to travelling soon. Just need the $$$.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Week 1 Review

Goal 1 : Unscrushing from processed sugar

F like f*** . I have no excuses, just a terrible week, with incredible mood swings grand-huit.gif

Hormones are a crazy thing, isn't it?

Goal 2 : Strength training 3 times a week and Cardio training 2 times

A like ahhhhhhhh: despite my mood, I had 2 Xfits sessions, 1 ST alone and a zumba class (I biked the whole Sunday)

Goal 3 : 50 burpees in a row

A like pAin : 0 days missed! I even have to mention that I went to 60 bp at Xfit and that on the evening, I did 15! (and I think I love hate love hate burpees

Life Goal: ♪ Relax take it easy ♪

Doesn't apply for this week.

This is a difficult start for me. As I thought that my eating patterns were becoming less emotional.  Even if I shouldn't I mainly see this week as a failure. I know that this is a hard judgement but this is how I feel about it.

Luckily there is 5 weeks left!

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)

Hi SkyeRose! Yes, I think it was really important to set this one… I don't want to have a week like the past one!

Cobaltsword : I didn't see you at Flagey Sunday :)

Kishi : Thanks for your comment! I wish indeed to reeeeeeeest! And yes Nuala! You should totally set it as a mini-challenge :)

Batwoman : so you are a Europe lover :) Spain is a must do. I spent a year in Madrid and I really loved it. Amazing country, atmosphere, people…  Germany is somewhat very different. I also had the opportunity to stay 6 months when I was studying. I wish you a lot of $$$!!

Week 2 : Carry on...

Move, eat and relax!

My goals with be unchanged, a special focus on making the diet easy:

• Saturday is groceries day: I can't go in a supermarket / market before Sat. I realised by checking my bank account that I went 1 out of 2 days to the supermarket…
  • Healthy snacking : proteins, chicken, carrots, soup...
  • Read this again and again
  • Before sleep meditation
  • Read this (I started yesterday and it's really interesting so far!)

As would a really famous plumber would say : let's go!

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Haha. Thanks. I wish me a lot of money too :P Spain sounds amazing from everything I've heard about it. The only reason I did not end up traveling there during my time abroad because I had heard there was a big pick-pocketing problem in Barcelona, so I was scared off. Now I know that as long as you are intelligent and aware of your surroundings that this should not be an issue. Plus I'm a food fan, so drinking and tapas sounds amazing!

I hope to get to go everywhere though and meet all sorts of people. Traveling is one of those things that gives you good perspective.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

forgive me I didn't make it to flagey X/ anyway how could you know, I blend in like an assassin and you don't know what I look like XD

was it fun? is there a video? :o

training looks good despite the mood swings, you'll get the hang of it no worries we're at the beginning of the challenge ^^

- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Hey you did great for your first week! Can't imagine scoring an A on doing burpees, way to go :)

And you know where the problem lies with your eating habits, knowing is half the battle. Now that you've changed your lifegoal maybe it'll all go very smoothly next week. Like you said, plenty of weeks left to go. 

KB : I have to check this American swing thing! Today I had a KB WOD so I thought of you! Snatch, Cleans, other moves that I forgot names...

That sounds great :)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Hello darling Wonder. I think September can be an introspective month - the change of seasons , the start of an academic year - all that. And yes, there are those cursed hormones to contend with too. Just know that your healthy eating and exercise will help balance them out. You're doing fanatstically!

I'm glad you're enjoying the kettlebells too. :nevreness:  Bisous!

Race/Class: Level 4 Hiberno-Amazon Ranger

STR = 13, DEX =3, STA = 11, CON =8, WIS = 13 , CHA = 8

First challenge:late-but-willing-to-try/

Second challenge:clearing-a-path-to-greatness/

Third challenge:stronger and braver

Current challenge:tightening the screws

Week 2 Review

Goal 1 : Unscrushing from processed sugar

B : No snacking, paleo eating the whole week. Friday I ate a home made cheese cake and today 30g of bread and a tasty homemade cookie. (mmmmm) Actually it was two of them :) (they were organic!)

Goal 2 : Strength training 3 times a week and Cardio training 2 times

A like Amaziiiing: I had 3Xfits sessions, and 2 spinning session, 1/2zumba (after Xfit and Spinning... ) A 46 kms bike tour today.

Goal 3 : 50 burpees in a row

A and a half :) : 2 days missed! BUT one of them was that day I did 50 burpees in a WOD (in a row!). So it's A,5 :)

Life Goal: ♪ Relax take it easy ♪

I biked and I consider it really relaxing. I had a meditation every night before sleeping and on the morning. Maybe it's the thing that changed my mood this week... I will keep on doing it next week.

I booked a 1 hour massage for tuesday and a hamman on Sat'.

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Hi people,

Eating:  Something changed this week. I managed to focus on the diet :)  I felt much much better, build momenta (I guess the plural is latin J ) and I found a new technique : They say that spinning burns about 600 kcal per hour. I know it depends on a lot of factor but  it’s a very good indicator.  When I feel like going for something non-paleo, I think “  how many minutes of spinning (burpees)do I need to burn this?†I know this is not exactly like this but it helps me to rationalize and control my desire (if any) and seriously,because I set a quite difficult goal (to fit in those pants) well, I’d better have my well installed calories burnt rather than recent food intakes :) I’d like to use those watches that tell you how many calories you burnt :)

Let’s see how sustainable this will be.

Fitness: I’m improving Crossfit skills (speed, depth of air squatting).  I would like to add extra cardio to my crossfit days, spinning if possible (helpful for my biking adventures and fat burning). Something I noticed but I can see the next day of a spinning training that my waistline decreases… It is quite strange, maybe It’s just in my head but it’s a feeling I appreciate.

There is another reason I want to do that : the more I train, the more endorphins, the more I have this positive, happy feeling….Strangely enough, I feel lots of energy .

Question : Do you think it is a bad idea for muscle construction to add a cardio training on a strength training/crossfit day?  

Today Sunday, I cycled 46 km with friends, it was really a fun trip! Sun blessed us, we enjoyed the day! We are planning to go for a 130 km next time …Let’s see …

I think this week was overall good. I also signed up for a coaching training I’m broke but really happy! I have been waiting for it for so long!

I also think my job search will come to an end in the coming days… I don’t know why, I just feel it!

A very positive review week 2 even if it is not all As (but man, I’m freaking doing those burpees! And I did 50 in a row in a WOD! WOOOOOT)

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Haha. Thanks. I wish me a lot of money too :tongue: Spain sounds amazing from everything I've heard about it. The only reason I did not end up traveling there during my time abroad because I had heard there was a big pick-pocketing problem in Barcelona, so I was scared off. Now I know that as long as you are intelligent and aware of your surroundings that this should not be an issue. Plus I'm a food fan, so drinking and tapas sounds amazing!

I hope to get to go everywhere though and meet all sorts of people. Traveling is one of those things that gives you good perspective.

I am myself a great traveler, languages lover so I can only agree with you girl!

Burpees are like iron for the soul. Only no iron. :D

Also, you read James Clear! He's awesome. I read his stuff too, it's great.

Jamie (as if we were pals :) ) writes great great articles. This is how I got to order " the power of habit"  (and enjoying reading it!)

Tell me something : as I am not English native, "iron for the soul" is an expression? What does it mean?

Hey you did great for your first week! Can't imagine scoring an A on doing burpees, way to go :)

And you know where the problem lies with your eating habits, knowing is half the battle. Now that you've changed your lifegoal maybe it'll all go very smoothly next week. Like you said, plenty of weeks left to go. 

That sounds great :)

Thanks thanks thanks. Your words have been very helpful, I think that with time, it will be more of a habit to not deal with emotions this way ... I am proud of my improvements in this field! I came accross an email I wrote  a year ago about emotion management and OMG I am such a different person today... :)

Hello darling Wonder. I think September can be an introspective month - the change of seasons , the start of an academic year - all that. And yes, there are those cursed hormones to contend with too. Just know that your healthy eating and exercise will help balance them out. You're doing fanatstically!

I'm glad you're enjoying the kettlebells too. :nevreness:  Bisous!

Merci ma belle, apparently in my astrological chart September is a mess for me...but a positive one ! Well I didn't need my friend to tell me this as I was already into it ! Now I really feel that October will be successful, and powerful. I feel stronger, I feel more determined to get my goals and : I will start the NLP practicioner course! I'm really excited about it!

Hey Wondernatarellal! Have you exchanged your mood swigs for kettlebell swings? Keep us updated! :D

hahhahhahahahaha

I made KBs swing for the best  (swinging 16 kg now...big girl now!)

And I burpeed 21 times after my bike ride.

NOTHING CAN STOP ME NOW * evil laugh*

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Jamie (as if we were pals :) ) writes great great articles. This is how I got to order " the power of habit"  (and enjoying reading it!)

Tell me something : as I am not English native, "iron for the soul" is an expression? What does it mean?

"Iron for the soul" is a reference to a famous essay by Henry Rollins. It's about how the man took his life as a young boy and turned it all around through rigorous weight training, and how that training in turn influenced the man that he became. It's about the nature of strength and what being strong really means.

What I had meant to say was that burpees have that same quality, that they take a lot of effort and do a lot to work your whole body and make you strong. Not just in the body, but also in the mind. That's what I meant.

Also, I thought I saw you list a status update talking about having hit 50 burpees. That's awesome! Good job, way to get it done.

Question : Do you think it is a bad idea for muscle construction to add a cardio training on a strength training/crossfit day?

Well... it's... tricky. The traditional bodybuilding method does call for slow cardiovascular training after strength work. The idea is that you burn out your glycogen stores working with weights, so all that's left to burn is fat. You hit the cardio after to build a caloric deficit and to ensure that all the calories are coming from fat stores and not from carbohydrate stores that would be put to better use lifting something heavy.

I know that in martial arts, we train similarly with the idea of 'finishers.' After doing the strength work, we do something intense to condition our anaerobic energy systems. Think sprinting or skipping rope, or doing burpees.

On the other hand, the whole concept of anaerobic conditioning is relatively new. It started in the 80's with HIIT and the Tabata protocols in the 90's. It exploded in popularity when MMA got big, and the athletes began to show off their training methods. Prior to that? Nothing but slow cardio - skipping rope was something you did for coordination first and conditioning second. So the tradition wouldn't have become a tradition if it didn't have some merit attached to it.

Ultimately, it's up to you. This journey is yours and yours alone, and no one can tell you what to do with it. Try it out, see if it helps. If it helps enough, go ahead and incorporate it in.

Good luck!

It's probably not going to help your strength gains, but do you really care about that? You seem happy doing that, which is maybe what counts most!

Yay for figuring out the diet, ups and downs eh. Enjoy :)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

still looking good, super wondernatarella ^^

continue comme ça, you're doing great :D

KB : Well, you are right. I am happy to strength train, to sweat at it and to be challenged. Still, I still prefer the idea of burning my fat and be less "heavy" (or be lighter on a more positive note).

Kishi : Many thanks for your explanation, now I understand what you meant. I think it's more of a mental effort, because we already go saying " bouuuh burpees are hard blabla" and actually, I shouldn'  be making all this fuss around those.

I do like cardio exercise, because I really disconnect from my worries and float after. If I understood you correctly it can have a better impact on weightloss. I'll try to track the changes the day I'll be taking my diet seriously.

Well for les nouvelles : I did terribly. Everything went well until wesnesday. Then I ate, all kind of craps = F. I skipped 3 burpees trainings = C. I had a massage and I went to Turkish foam bath on Saturday. The good thing : I did my workouts, as usually. At least, I don't have to work on this. 

Today is just a day with energy decreasing, with my brain being foggy, mood : a mixture of sadness, exhaustness, loneliness, annoyment (?).

I don't hate myself (I actually have a high self-esteem) but I am really annoyed at this self-sabotaging self. There is no reason to do so. I ate " correctly" (aka, I binged on yogurts...eating 3 of them) without being actually hungry (yesterday afternoon I may have eaten 3000 kcalories) and I have been thinking of chocolate and biscuits the whole day. Today's WOD was weird and painful, I got lazy and didn't give as much as usual. Now I'm supposed to head to the gym for a zumba class and I don't feel like doing so. I know that I will enjoy myself and all this crazy thoughts and emotion will be gone. But a part of me feels like buying chocolate and a pizza and go home and be angry at myself until something makes me happy.

I have no clue where I'll be in one hour, and I hate this phase. I hate having to begin from the start every time I go out of the path. I hate those internal fights. 

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Hey there, lovely. You're not alone. And it's not your character that's to blame. It's more than probably your body trying to protect you from change (bodies aren't wild about change - it's an emergency situation for them). And maybe your craving for chocolate and pizza dough is really  your body saying uh....some good carbs here please. Listen to your body and not your negative head talk.

So find yourself some good carbs  and remind yourself that if it was an easy route to athletic bodies, we'd all be there.

Gros calins, wondrous girl.

Race/Class: Level 4 Hiberno-Amazon Ranger

STR = 13, DEX =3, STA = 11, CON =8, WIS = 13 , CHA = 8

First challenge:late-but-willing-to-try/

Second challenge:clearing-a-path-to-greatness/

Third challenge:stronger and braver

Current challenge:tightening the screws

I'm with L'irlandaise on this one. Your body craves for a reason. Either it needs the carbs or you're enduring a psychological craving, which indicates the possibility of a break. In general, I don't view those as bad things. I'm not above taking a day every week to eat the things that I've been craving, because it's not hard for me to get back on track afterward.

I dunno if that would help you or not, but it might be a good alternative for you.

one slip up is negligable :) just keep moving forward and you'll punch that wall down in no time :D

content de voir que tout vas bien avec toi, mais tu t'es déjà bien adapté, continue comme ça :P

Kishi, l’irlandaise : Well, I think my unconscious is telling me that my conscious is not aligned with it. I think all those changes I want to happen in my life (being serious on things, considering settling etc) terrifies it for some mysterious reasons. Somewhere in my mind, there is this idea that being an adult suck, and life is difficult and why did I have to be an adult when I was a kid and why can’t I act like a kid now I am an adult :) (interesting, it just went out as I was writing it…). So I guess that I need to work in reassuring this part of me that even “adult†I’ll still have an inner child, that would keep on making childish jokes, laughing for all and nothing and be humorous about pretty much everything.

It is propably a psychological craving for care, security.

Thank you for your useful recommendations. I may not have been able to figure out on my own what was wrong if I hadn’t had those cravings, if I hadn’t written about it here, if you hadn’t kindly reply :) This is a team work :D

Cobaltsword : you could be my new personal trainer :) You ‘re really supportive, all the time and it’s really helpful! You should come over at the crossfit box one day!

---

I have decided that today was the last crappy day for the next 6 months. Yes, you can all laugh (so can I :) ). I hate those phases because they are not really me. What is really me is: Badasss. I’ve been badassing my all life actually, I’ve even been badassing in getting fat :)

So this is it. In 3 weeks I will be starting a coaching course (from which I hope to kick my limiting beliefs and all that is preventing me from reaching the goals I’ve set for me). I don’t like people who teach and preach but don’t actually apply what they preach. I want to be a healthy person who coaches people on things that she actually knows about. CONGRUENCE. I like congruence.

I still have 3 weeks to fit in this 42 French size (luckily, I kept working out for this not-more-than-6-in-a-row period). And I feel that I just kind of had a breakthrough… Again, thank you for this.

My goal of this 4th week : Track my intakes, mindwork on my emotions and states. 

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines