Callaeidae keeps the wheels on the wagon

Callaeidae

Hi guys, I officially survived my first challenge & am ready for the next with the Adventurers! :)

My main objective this time is to keep the momentum going, so my goals this time aren't going to change wholesale from the previous ones (though there is going to be some leveling up within them).

1. Run 3x per week:
I'm still working on a Couch to 5K program (I am currently up to Week 5).

2. NF Beginner Body Weight workout 3x per week: 
I need to up the weight for the dumbbell rows (I'll have to fashion something out of textbooks for this, because the 4kg dumbbells I borrowed for last challenge are the heaviest we have in the house :P), and I'm also starting to work on increasing (knee) pushup reps (currently I can only manage 2!!)

3. Mobility work 15 mins 4x per week:
I'm sick of spending an inordinate amount of time lurching round like a zombie for no good reason, so I'm going to spend some time building up a repertoire of mobility exercises (ie. add to the "bash hamstring with tennis ball" approach I've figured out thus far). I'm going to start by working through these and take it from there.

Life goal: 4 hrs per week decluttering my surroundings and my brain
All the random STUFF that seems to collect in the life of a human stresses me the hell out. I'm also a terrible procrastinator, which also stresses me out. All these things swirl around in a feedback loop of ARGH.
So I am going to dedicate 4 hours a week to combating this by paring down my belongings, organising the things I intend to keep, as well as getting things done that I have been putting off (eg. sorting student loan for next semester) etc. 4 hours may seem like peanuts, but I am attempting to sneak up on my brain here. If I get on a roll and end up doing more, that's fine!

Level 2 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Intro | Challenges: 1, 2 {currently on challenge hiatus}

Yeah, I've been kicking around a 'cleaning up/decluttering' type goal for my 4th goal.  I've found that once you get the 'do it now' attitude underway, your brain gets into what you've been doing and you just power through more of it.  Starting always seems to be hardest.  Good luck.

All these things swirl around in a feedback loop of ARGH.

I am very familiar with this feeling! 

Your goals look good.  For dumbbell rows I'm a fan of getting plastic buckets and loading them with books, rocks, canned goods, etc.

Emptyknight - Level 4 Human Adventurer
Str 9 | Dex 5.75 | Sta 5.25 | Con 9.25 | Wis 10.75 | Cha 7.5
Highest Wt 301lbs - Challenge Start 270 lbs - Current 260 lbs | Highest BF% 38 - Current% 33
My Current Challenge

Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

Make your own weights with concrete.  an 80 pound bag of quickrete at lowes is like 5 bucks.  You can easily fill any bucket+steel pole to make your own weight.  Next challenge I will probably attempt to make a whole customizable dumbbell/barbell set for 20 bucks

So I fell off the challenge bandwagon!

I had a brain implosion & had to focus on getting back out of that for a while. However, I found a way to still keep leveling up - I started using SuperBetter to help me out and it has made a huge impact. This was mostly psychological stuff, but I'm now adding my NF-type goals into it :)

So I'm going to take a break from official NF challenge participation for a while, but keep training for the Rebellion "informally" & hanging out on the forums to glean important tactical information...

Level 2 Half-Elf Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

Intro | Challenges: 1, 2 {currently on challenge hiatus}

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines