Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Draco

Burpees hurt more than I remember, but I didn't get home until late.  No real time to work on papers.  Only did one burpee, but I could feel it in my chest afterwards.  That probably has something to do with the fact that it was also my first pushup in the longest time. :)

I ran again this morning - feeling comfortable on the first week's Zombies 5K training .

Yoga was good.

Tired, so tired.

And drank plenty of water.

Goodnight all...

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

And so half of the sweet potato fries I made this weekend, with the addition of butter, milk, heating and squishing, have become a nice savory mashed sweet potato.  I didn't know a savory mashed sweet potato would work - I always used to sugar them to oblivion.  But the salt/pepper/garlic/paprika mix I had on the fries added just the right touch of flavor.

Thank you for the reminder!

Spicy fried sweet potato mash sounds yummy! :encouragement:

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Emptied my briefcase, sorted contents and reloaded 20 mins

Topped off a partially full bag of paper recycling

Moved loose piles from around the house onto the desk

30 minutes total.

I'm going to start saying 15 minutes morning and 15 minutes evening to keep the burpees away. Today's 30 mins has reset me to zero, but I have to do another 15 tonight or start again. :)

LOL -- it only takes one to remind you, eh?  Glad you got some paperwork in!

Just remember -- 15 minutes a day is enough; don't worry about resetting to zero or carrying a huge balance of "previous days", otherwise you'll make it such an impossible chore that you won't do it.  And your schedule is pretty tight all around, so make sure you still have enough you time.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

One burpee will not motivate me for long. Preventing the onset of the 10-burpee set might. :)

Besides, the body gets used to new exercises. Next week it might take 20 to inflict sufficient motivation. :)

I will only do burpees on days that I don't do the work. But the count will still be cumulative on those days. :)

Just build a reset button in there before it becomes a problem... perhaps if you hit a threshold you have to do something really distasteful.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

How's this, Hira? I promise to slow down or stop if I become physically incapable of doing all required burpees in a single set. I also promise to slow down or stop if said burpees negatively impact my ability to do my other normal activities (i.e. walk, lift children, etc).

Just build a reset button in there before it becomes a problem... perhaps if you hit a threshold you have to do something really distasteful.

Ooh, even better! I can reset my burpee count at any time by emptying one of the plastic storage bins in the basement. I will be required to do this if I can no longer do all burpees in a single set. And things can't just reclutter my house - turning the bucket upside down and saying "it's empty!" Doesn't Count.

Thanks Gobnait!

They're both great ideas, and I think you should implement them both if required, because the first looks after you physically and the second looks after the possibility of the "punishment" being so overwhelming that you just give up.  We want to build you up, not tear you down :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Okay, so tomorrow should be interesting.

Went out drinking and dancing with Charlianne

It's almost 130 am

Physically exhausted -every time my body wanted to sit down I said to myself "it's okay it's exercise!" And kept going

Until I absolutely couldn't stand any more

Then when I sat down this weird guy bought my shirt ( I got a new one in exchange) (I only had 3 drinks) (I don't usually drink, so I can't hold my liquor?)

Aunt Carla drove us home.

I may be bruised up tomorrow cause I sat in the trunk and the trunk doesn't open from the inside so I climbed over the seat and out the drivers side door face first into the neighbors lawn.

I have to do a burpee before bed.

I wake up in less than 4 hours to start week 2 of Zonbies 5K, plus yoga and 2 burpees (is this what you guys meant by dont overdo?) because I don't have time to clean.

And then to work early

And one of the partners in be firm invested in some exercise balls for the office to share. Tomorrow is my first day of having a turn sitting on one, and because Nicole hads the day off I can sit on the thing all day. My abs will hurt

And an all you can eat pizza buffet at lunch will refuel me but make me feel somewhat sick

Will our hero survive? Stay tuned.....

Laid out clothes before bed, if you count the pile I chucked into the bathroom. I did hang the shirt.:)

Draco, I say that you earned having to double up on paperwork instead of a burpee.  Sounds like you had a very silly night and are going to have a very silly day.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Status of today's planned exercises:

Woke up an hour later than I intended.

Chugged some water before I started.

Running was fine once I learned to ignore the nausea.

My leg muscles were exhausted from dancing the night before, so although I did the drills just fine, the "10 minute free run" at the end where you decide how much to walk and how much to run - that was almost all walking.

The two burpees barely happened - I was so tired I almost face planted in the middle of the second push-up. Although in hindsight, this may have been a result of my shoulder - as will be discussed later.

Yoga and stretching were fine.

Riley got up before we expected her and was begging for the bagel that I was eating before I ran out of the house. Long story short, she ended up eating pudding *sigh*. Only a few more days until solid foods....

Getting to work early? Well, I wasn't late. Barely.

The exercise ball is not the abdominal workout I was hoping it would be, though it is a good reminder to sit straight. My back (and backside) hurt after three hours of it though. I'm switching back to my chair for the remainder of he day.

And my shoulder and chest hurt on the left side - the shoulder that hit the ground when I fell out of the car, and the spot on my chest where I essentially punched myself - also when I fell out of the car. I'll ice the shoulder later.

Yes, it's been a silly day. And yes, double paperwork sounds like a good punishment. Definitely better than three burpees with my shoulder aching. :). Punishment accepted.

Huh. Once you sort papers for over half an hour, and you start to see the patch of floor they covered (yeah- I know that's bad), you really don't want to stop. I did 45 minutes and would keep going but I know I only slept about 4 hours last night so I need I get to bed tonight.

Of course, this is still phase one: quick sort (get rid of the nonsense and condense everything into a single pile)

Phase 2 might go quick too (file the "to be filed" pile)

But I'm dreading phase three - actually deal with the remaining pile, in order, no skipping. It's the only way anything will get caught up, but... Bleh. Not looking forward to it.

So... I'm claiming an exemption from all future burpees, until further notice. Turns out my fall the other day left me with a pulled pectoral muscle and several bruised ribs. Nothing broken, but it sure hurts. In hindsight, it's no wonder I couldn't do burpees that morning. :)

bummer about the shoulder. Hope it heals soon. Great job on the paperwork.By the time you get to the part you are dreading, dealing with the remaining pile, it will be smaller and easier to handle

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Well, I guess this means that you have to keep up with your paperwork.  Great job on making some headway.  You can have one day off between phase two and phase three if you do good and get to that point quickly enough.

Have you encountered what you're looking for yet?

Screw the papers for today - I heard about a problem at work that no one has been able to figure out for the last six months, with a deadline fast approaching.  Three hours of research at home, off the clock, and I just emailed one of the partners the answers she said she's been looking everywhere for!

After having just been praised for (and asked to teach a short session during a class they put on!) my semi-obscure knowledge of the rules of calculating realized gains in funds-of-funds and the differences between tax and book approaches and formulas to calculate both in an Excel spreadsheet.

And blasting off an email at work detailing steps that we need to take to get one of our clients ready for next year - a task which my immediate supervisor was looking into addressing, but putting off - and which she gratefully passed on to me.

Three for three!

Progress on my pile or not, it's been a GOOD DAY.

Paper quest resumes tomorrow.  :)

Okay, so this last challenge didn't turn out quite how I planned.

I stuck with my walking program, and built up to Week 1 of Couch-to-5K by the end of the challenge (I was on week 3 of Zombies 5K before I realized that I was going to hurt myself with it and switched).  Win. :)

The yoga program is a beautiful addition to my day, and I do it most days, sometimes with the children (Riley likes to pretend she's doing a side-bend and then fall down.  Repeatedly.  So cute. :) )  It hasn't been the straight week-over-week build that I intended, but I have certainly grown into being able to do more of the poses from memory, not just the video.  Win. :)

Paperwork.... miserable failure.  I'm going to try a different approach in my next challenge (I posted a thread last night - look for me in the Druids this time!)

Drinking water... mostly good.  No problems during the week, but on weekends I inevitably slip.  Especially busy weekends, like they all have been lately.  So I need to consider that a little more, but it's a start.

Overall, I'd call this successful.  Even though I stopped posting for the couple of weeks when work and life got crazy.  So... level up!

And I'm going to start anew, with new goals....  Wish me luck!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines