Journey of a Moisture Farmer - Royal Discovery [RogueWelkin]

RogueWelkin

Hello everyone, I'm back and finally posting my thread, a bit later than I'd normally like, but unfortunately the weekend prove a bit too busy for me to be able to sneak it in there. This challenge is going to be all about refocusing and expanding.

Main Quest

Destroy the Death Star

(Lose Weight and get rid of the Belly)

Motivation

To feel good about myself, gain self-confidence, and finally become the awesome person that lays within.

Sub-Quests

Stormtrooper Disguise: Perform Exercise at least 3x a Week [STR:3|STA:2]

Grading:

A: Perform Exercises 3x a Week All Six Weeks

B: Perform Exercises 3x a Week For Four Weeks

C: Perform Exercises 2x a Week All Six Weeks

D: Perform Exercises 2x A Week For Four Weeks

F: Perform Exercises <2x A Week For Four Weeks

​​Destiny along another path:  Take the next step towards Paleo by removing cereal grains and ice cream from Diet. [CON:4]

Grading:

A: No Cheats For All Six Weeks

B: 1 Cheat A Week For Four Weeks

C: 2 Cheats a Week for Four  Weeks

D: 3 Cheats a Week for Six Weeks

F: >3 Cheats a Week

Hacking the Imperial DatabaseTrack All Exercise and Food Intake [WIS:3]

Grading:

A: Track all Exercise and Food Intake

B: Miss one meal/exercise session of tracking

C: Miss three meals/exercise sessions of tracking

D: Miss an entire day of tracking

F: Miss >3/a Day's worth of Tracking

Exception: 0 Calorie Beverages do not require tracking.

Life Quest

Discover the Princess: Clean at least an Average of 15 minutes a day [CON:3]

Grading:

A: Clean at least 15 minutes every day

B: Miss 1 day of cleaning for 4 Weeks

C: Miss 2 days of cleaning for 4 Weeks

D: Miss 3 Days of cleaning for 6 Weeks

F: Miss >3 Days of Cleaning per week

Starting Stats

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 223lbs

Waist: 43"

Hips: 41.5"

Chest: 42"

Neck: 15.75"

Thigh(Left): 24"

Thigh(Right): 23.75"

Bicep(Left): 13.75"

Bicep(Right): 14

BF%: 32

Mini-Quests

Mini-Quest #1: What's a Hero Without a Sidekick? - Completed + 1 CHA

Mini-Quest #2: The Point of Fighting to Live Another Day -  Completed + 1 WIS

Mini-Quest #3: Reframing - Completed + 1 CHA

Mini-Quest #4: Ready for Trouble - Completed + 1 WIS

Mini-Quest #5: Fixing what is broken - Completed +1 WIS

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

It already been a bit rough, but that's trying to lug myself back into it...not to mention having a horrendous day at work yesterday. Though I did discover that one of my favorite candies (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) don't technically break my current challenge goals, so perhaps I can use those as my ice cream craving shut down, for now at least... perhaps I'll start getting into that "two/three ingredient" ice cream stuff that uses frozen bananas instead of the dairy based products.

4.44%
4.44%

Thanks!

I thought of doing that with the Reese's, hilariously the serving sizes are roughly similar (2 regular cups vs 5 Miniatures) yet the Miniatures have 10 more calories per serving, plus it's harder to control oneself around them since they're all just in a big bag, at least with the regular cups it's just the two per package, grab one package and that's it. Makes it easier for the mental battle, at the least.

4.44%
4.44%

Dude, your plan is so well thought out!  Great job, I know you can do this.  We are both on our way!!

Race: Proto-Human

Class: Druid

Profession: Graduate Student

Please check out my blog at JohnnyShoesNews for more information about my health history.

3-30-2016 a1c: 9.4

6-29-2015 a1c: 5.4

I control my diabetes, it does not control me.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/95683

Initial Weight: 391     Goal Weight: 225

[progress='red']55[/progress)]

Wow no ice cream! Impressed I couldn't do that. Are you allowing yourself frozen yoghurt instead?

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

I'd like to eventually cut out snacking in general, but for right now I'm hoping to just deal with the cravings for something I enjoy.

4.44%
4.44%

Yeah, when I was still snacking I always portioned it out and put it in ziploc bags so I wouldn't have to worry about it.  I'd think the next progression would be to certain % dark chocolate.  I hated it when I first had it, but as I cut other things out, it became a saving grace.  And the nice thing about dark chocolate is that you can bump up the %.  The higher the %, the more bitter it tastes.  So it has a natural 'eat too much of this and it will taste gross' mechanic to it.

I probably won't make a chocolate transition. Despite the fact that I love Reese's, I'm actually not a chocolate fan. I think it's more with just the mixture of the chocolate and peanut butter. I've already done some work with a 70% chocolate in the past when I put it in some Star Wars Ice Cube trays and tossed small bits of bacon and peanut butter in the mix. I have been debating getting some more chocolate and possibly trying my hand at making an Almond Butter cup or something, but we'll see. 

4.44%
4.44%

Dark chocolate is amazing, I like the idea of Reece's but Hershey's is well minging, I mean here in UK we have some pretty rubbish chocolate but it seems the basic standard is a lot lower in the US, I am sure you have great stuff as well but Hershey's tastes more like chalky oil.

I think you should try make your own almond butter ones that sounds really good, do you guys get Green and Blacks in the US? They do a great cooking chocolate that is 72% and there stuff is lightly mild and vanilla dark chocolate anyway in comparison to some of the more bitter ones. Maybe I will do the same at some point, I bought a huge tub of almond butter and hardly use it :) 

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

There's some very decent baking chocolate brands out there that we can get access to. Granted I don't really educate myself on it at all as I'm not a chocolate fan, its more the peanut butter that draws me in for the Reese's, and there's enough of a pb to chocolate ratio that it's not a horrid thing. The straight up bars though, I'm not a fan.  Except maybe Krackle...but Krackle would break the goals of my quest.  80D Speaking of, I owe everyone a weekly update.

Week 1 Update!

Exercise 3x a week: Banging this one out decently so far. Nothing too exciting though, I've been doing some minor arm stuff trying to up the strength there. I should really start focusing on core exercises and maybe get back into the Rebel Fitness Guide. We'll see.

No Grains or Ice Cream: Doing well with this one. Been keeping a strategic eye out on ingredients and been able to avoid some accidental grain intake from some items (like Veggie Stix). Interestingly while Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and their Big Cups (Peanut Butter Lovers edition) are free from grains (well...not counting legumes) most of the other Reese's products aren't, using stuff like cornstarch or other similar corn based products.

Track Excercise and Food Intake: Doing good with this so far, been using Fitocracy to do my exercise tracking instead of my tracking sheets. But the food has been on the spreadsheet, sometimes I'm a bit slow in entering the food. But so far I've been able to get it in.

Clean for 15 Minutes a Day: This one I've been doing but it's been tough. The lack of scheduling for "what" to clean does cause issues, and there's some larger cleaning projects that tend to remain unfinished.

Stats:

Up|Down|Same

Weight: - 219 lbs
Waist: 42.5"
Hips: 41.5"
Chest: 41.75"
Neck: 15.5"
Thigh(Left):23.5"
Thigh(Right):- 23.5"
Bicep(Left):13.5"
Bicep(Right): 13.75"
BF%: - 32%

4.44%
4.44%

I had the schedule last time, and ended up ignoring it, but this time I'm having an issue trying to sort out what I should clean out of the massive amounts of stuff I have to clean. Hopefully once I start cutting that down and really getting into it that problem will begin to dissipate. 

4.44%
4.44%

Weekly Update!

As a part of the current Mini-Quest, I'm going to attempt to focus this particular update in a very positive light.

I was able to overcome a bit of depression and overall lack of motivation as well as an urge to move away from the diet. I did all three days of excercise and even more awesome is the fact that I was able to increase my reps for each of my exercises! I also got each meal and exercise tracked excellently!

I've adjust my goal on the cleaning to more accurately display how I've been mentally treating the goal and that has allowed my to fuel my motivation and overcome the negative feelings I was having, so that's a major win! All in all this week has been a success in overcome the mental obstacles that can confront us during our attempts to lose weight, and if that isn't Legen...wait for it....DARY! Then I don't know what is!

Measurements:

up | down | same

Weight: 222 lbs

Waist: 43.5"

Hips: 42.25"

Chest: 41.5"

Neck:  15.5"

Thigh(Left): 23.75"

Thigh(Right): 24"

Bicep(Left): 13.5"

Bicep(Right): 13.5"

BF%:  33%

4.44%
4.44%

I'm not great at cleaning either, but I have had luck with whole rooms.  Basically, start at one end and chase the mess out.  My problem is lack of storage, so a clean room stays nice until I hit the middle of the house, and then I get a clean room with stuff piled in it as I have to let stuff flow in the other direction.

I've also had a list of dailies and weeklies.  Less of a schedule, and more of a "how many points can I get?" sort of thing.

But a lot of that also goes down to how much stuff and does it all have a place to live?  We both have hobbies with a lot of equipment, and I'm having to build storage.

Actually, only fifteen minutes of cleaning?  Once I have things down to ideal, I might be able to do my dailies in that amount of time.  I'm thinking that since you're indecisive, you have misplaced clutter to deal with as well.  I say keep resetting the timer for fifteen minutes until you run out of energy.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Thanks Leeroy!

4.44%
4.44%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines