Journey of a Moisture Farmer - Royal Discovery [RogueWelkin]

RogueWelkin

Sounds like a great week for you!

Well done with getting it all done even though you were feeling unmotivated and a bit down. Got any tips for me on that one?? That's what I always struggle with on challenges!

Keeep it up :)

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

The trick with getting past motivation issues is to just not give yourself a choice, just pick yourself up and do it. Don't give yourself time to think about it, that's when the issues start to come into play, that's when you have the ability to make the excuses to not do something. Once this happens it turns into the uphill struggle to find something to grab on to to pull yourself through. I lean too heavily on the fact that I have the challenge to do to make sure I actually do something. You just need to find the bottom line of whats motivating you to improve yourself, and remind yourself of that each time you don't want to continue on. Maybe remind yourself of something you couldn't do that you can now, or how something made you feel better once it happened. 

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%

Weekly Update!

Hey all, still dragging a bit during this week, just barely managed to get stuff in. But I think I might be coming past my motivation issues. It probably did not help that I got obsessed with the world of GTA V, as that became a massive timesink for me, and I did that instead of tons of other things I wanted to do, causing delays on everything. With the change to create the "average" for the cleaning I've not quite lost that challenge yet...but I've got a lot of work to catch up if I want to pull it through. My exercise has been really pared down recently, mostly just doing a set of incline push-ups, but I've noticed improvement there and I'm progressing in the ability for a full push-up. Not quite there yet, but I'm able to let myself down into full position, which I wasn't able to do before...I always got about halfway and just fell. However I'm unable to push myself back up, still room to go until I can advance myself to that level, but I'm getting there. I've been doing pretty well with following the restrictions I've set up dietary wise, although I have splurged a bit on the ever infamous cheese fries a couple times in the past two weeks, which is possible a part of why there was an increase in the numbers for last week. This week my diet was still a bit off, but there was a lot of random and unplanned IF that might have helped level it out.

Stats!

Up | Down | Same 

(vs Last Week)

Weight: 220 lbs

Waist: 42.5"

Hips: 41.5"

Chest: 42"

Neck: 15.5"

Thigh(Left): 24"

Thigh(Right): 23.75"

Bicep(Left): 13.25"

Bicep(Right): 13.75"

BF%: 32%

Technically I believe my Neck measurement went down, but I opted to leave it at the 15.5 out of laziness of doing math.

4.44%
4.44%

Thanks for the advice!

The main piece of work I was procrastinating is now COMPLETE! Hooray.

I sat myself down in a room with my laptop, and told myself I wasn't leaving until I finished. And I focused on how good I would feel once it was done, and also how rubbish I had been feeling for ages about not doing it, as this would only continue if I didn't do it. And yay it is finished.

Also I am going to try really hard not to get into that situation of leaving something far far too late again, because the weeks of feeling guilty are totally disproportionate to the small effort of actually doing the thing.

So you have been my inspiration for that this week!

Level 4 Ranger

[sTR] 5 [DEX] 5 [sTA] 7 [CON] 8.5 [WIS] 10 [CHA] 8

Current Challenge

Previous challengesFirst challengeSecond Challenge,Third ChallengeFourth Challenge

"Don't waste time on jealousy because sometimes you are ahead and sometimes you are behind, but in the end the

race is long and it's only ever with yourself"

I have that problem with too many things at work 80P I'm glad you were able to get over that hurdle and make it to the other side. Awesomeness!

4.44%
4.44%

I know it's a bit late, but it's time for the....

WEEKLY UPDATE!

So this week has been an interesting bit of stuff, I know I've been somewhat quiet around the forums and I'm not entirely positive why, but here's how my challenge has gone this past week

Exercise 3x a Week: Have been doing pretty well with this, keep messing up my schedule though and almost missing. I'll admit the exercise hasn't been anything grand, focusing on how many incline push-ups I can do in a single set, but I feel like I'm at least getting stronger and hopefully I'll eventually be able to move into full push-up.

Remove Grains and Ice Cream:  Did pretty well for this one again, it's getting easier and it seems the biggest issue is my own stupidity. I ordered a bowl of soup called "Mushroom and Barley" and it didn't occur to me that "hey, barley is a grain" until I was already digging into the soup. So that's one mistake so far, but otherwise I've been keeping to it fairly decently. 

Track all Exercise and Meals:  I've been tracking everything. I've been doing better with keeping up this week, but there are still times that I tend to lag behind. But I do manage to get everything in regardless.

Clean and Average of at least 15 minutes a day:  With the focus being on an average over the challenge I still have a chance to make this, I did some cleaning over the weekend, not nearly as much as I could have, still having issues getting myself to actually clean. But I did do about 2.5 hours worth, which leaves me right now with about 2.5 hours to clean (as of today) to catch up for the average. So I'm still in it, and hopefully during the rest of the week and this weekend I can possibly catch up and maybe even get ahead.

Measurements

up | down | same (vs last week)

Weight: 221 lbs

Waist: 41.75"

Hips: 41.5"

Chest: 41"

Neck: 15.5"

Thigh(Left): 23.75"

Thigh(Right): 23.5"

Bicep(Left): 13.25"

Bicep(Right): 13.5"

BF%:  30%

I think the weight might just have been an issue with my diet the previous day, though I'm unsure of the accuracy of that theory 80P.Otherwise making  some good movement and some of these numbers are all time lows since I started doing the challenges, so that's good!

4.44%
4.44%

Weekly Recap!

This week has been going pretty well,

Diet Goal: Hit this goal pretty easily this week, though there's still some non-goal breaking items that I should probably not be eating, but that will come as it does.

Exercise Goal: Still been focusing on the incline push-ups this week, but managed to get in my three days.

Tracking: Got all my food and exercise tracked, not always in a timely manner, but I've still managed to get it all.

Cleaning: Cleaned for over 3 hours on Sunday, should be able to pull this one out by the end at the least.

Measurements

up | down | same (from last week)

Weight:  223 lbs

Waist: 41.5"

Hips: 41"

Chest: 41"

Neck: 15.5"

Thigh(Left): 23.75 "

Thigh(Right): 23.25"

Bicep(Left): 13.375"

Bicep(Right): 13.625"

BONUS!

Fun fact, I did some exercise yesterday and was able to do a full push-up yesterday! Just one, but I did it!

4.44%
4.44%

Cleaning with an average over the challenge is good.  It gives you days that aren't productive at all versus days that contain high-intensity attacks.  It might not work for all goals, but I do have an idea about housework.

Tracking on-time is defined as getting it down when you can still remember it accurately.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

FINAL UPDATE!

So here we are at the final countdown. Time to look at how I did overall... but first...

Week in Review!

Diet Goal: Did decent at keeping up with this, still didn't eat spectacularly but kept relatively well...until the last meal, where I had breaded stuff.

Exercise Goal: Actually think I did an extra day (of not much...just a single full push-up). However in the last session I did manage to pull out a second full push-up, so huzzah there!

Tracking: Yup, everything got tracked. Yay!

Cleaning: Almost got myself fully caught up. But I allowed myself to be dragged away from cleaning on Sunday and didn't quite finish it...was about an average of two days short overall. Still large step over where I was at.

Weekly Measurements

up | down | same (vs last week)

Weight:  219 lbs

Waist:  40.875"

Hips:  40.5"

Chest: 40.5"

Neck: 15.375"

Thigh(Left): 23"

Thigh(Right): 23.5"

Bicep(Left): 13.375"

Bicep(Right): 13.5"

BF%: 29%

Challenge Review!

So here's a look back at the challenge on the whole.

Diet Goal: I had two cheats the entire challenge that happened on different weeks. So overall that ranks me as a B here. [CON: 3]

Exercise Goal: Thankfully I was able to hit this one this time through. A here. [STR:3|STA:2]

Tracking Goal: Got everything tracked. So another A here. [WIS:3]

Cleaning Goal:  Missed the average by two days, I never updated the goals based upon the "Average" basis, but I'll call this one a B. [CON:2.25]

Challenge Measurements!

So this section will duplicate the section about a little bit. I'm going to post my measurements again, first column will be the starting measurements, the second will be final. Final will be color coded based upon if it's up/down/same from start for ease of viewing.

Weight: 223 lbs | 219 lbs

Waist: 43" | 40.875"

Hips: 41.5" | 40.5"

Chest: 42" | 40.5"

Neck: 15.75" | 15.375"

Thigh(Left): 24" | 23"

Thigh(Right): 23.75" | 23.5"

Bicep(Left): 13.75" | 13.375"

Bicep(Right): 14" | 13.5"

BF%:  32% | 29%

All things considered looking at that big column of all Green from the Starting Measurements to the Final Measurements makes me call this particular challenge a win. This challenge also taught me a lot about the positive outlook, the Mini-Quest that required looking at your week in a positive light happened to hit during my worst week and having to look at it in a positive light completely changed my entire attitude about the week and the challenge on the whole. I hope that's something that I can keep pushing forward with.

4.44%
4.44%

Thanks Tate!

4.44%
4.44%

Got my new challenge thread created already, be sure to check me out over there.

4.44%
4.44%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines