• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cavemom

Browncoats

Yeah Browncoat! I say we watch it in the order of the DVD, the order it should have been aired. That would make this week's episode "Serenity." Shiny?

And don't worry Cavemom, the ship will be juuust fine. Probably.

I'm back!  I'm late to post, but I'm back, and I'm up for the re-watch.  (I rebooted before I posted it, and just have not had a chance to rewrite my challenge post, but I will get to it Friday.)

I'm back!  I'm late to post, but I'm back, and I'm up for the re-watch.  (I rebooted before I posted it, and just have not had a chance to rewrite my challenge post, but I will get to it Friday.)

Glad you're back, Sara!

I'm signing on for this one. Someday I'm gonna be a big damn hero, and this seems like the right place to start. Subbing all buddies tonight!

Got you down.  Welcome aboard!

Well look who's back!

Good to see you back, figured you for a goner!

A big welcome to the new crew members as well. Hows the first week going?

Man, back to my terrible habit of hangin' about off ship, good to see new faces! 

Yeah Browncoat! I say we watch it in the order of the DVD, the order it should have been aired. That would make this week's episode "Serenity." Shiny?

And don't worry Cavemom, the ship will be juuust fine. Probably.

Let's do this! 

You know, I don't actually have a brown coat. (I'm still allowed in the group though, right? >___> )

But seeing as I need to do a major wardrobe overhaul for my new job...and the weather is cooling down....

Hmm. Opportunities. :tongue:

I'm back from my retreat, and I had an awesome time.  The yoga was good, and I did some amazing hikes.  I'm going to spend some time with my family for the rest of today, but will check in with everyone's threads tomorrow.  Has everyone watched the first episode yet?

I'M BACK! have not watched the first episode yet due to crap of stuff.  Could actually watch it tonight though as I dont have to be actually physically asleep for another hour or so...

Yes, I watched it on Saturday.

Something I'd missed before and the other half had too. At the battle of Serenity Valley, Mal talks in very religious terms. Angels and the like. It only hit home when he kissed his crucifix. Something I do not remember seeing before.

Then half an hour later he's saying "Only if you say it out loud" to Book.

I'd really missed that loss of faith part at the begining before.

I watched it! I knew there was a lack of faith, but I didn't realize there was a Loss of faith. I'm going to go back and watch that scene again... Welcome back CaveMom!

I'm at least a week late, but I would like to join up.

I post just about every day, and try to post on other people's threads as well.

Glad to have you!  I'll catch up with your thread at some point.  I'm a bit behind right now.

I just finished the Serenity episode.  I had forgotten how much I loved Firefly.  Man, that was some good stuff.  UltanBoyd, thanks for pointing out the losing the faith thing.  I watched for it, and it was an interesting aspect.  I can't remember if he ever regains it, or some semblance of it, throughout the show.  I love that Mal is so fiercely protective of his crew, though.  That's one of my favorite aspects of his character.

And the lesson that I took away from this episode, for this challenge is when Mal says this:

"There's obstacles in our path, and we're gonna deal with them, one by one."

That's what we're all gonna do during this challenge.  Deal with each obstacle as it comes, and then move on to the next one, cause we know there will be some.

Those are great words to live by.  How is everyone doing so far?  Hitting a few bumps, but working on trying to get in a routine to make things easier.  Well, I am off to statistics, I will fire up Serenity after class while I do homework.

Those are great words to live by.  How is everyone doing so far?  Hitting a few bumps, but working on trying to get in a routine to make things easier.  Well, I am off to statistics, I will fire up Serenity after class while I do homework.

I'm doing pretty good, I think.  It's nice to hear from you.  Give us more details about how your challenge is going when you get a chance. :)