• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cavemom

Browncoats

I just finished the Serenity episode.  I had forgotten how much I loved Firefly.  Man, that was some good stuff.  UltanBoyd, thanks for pointing out the losing the faith thing.  I watched for it, and it was an interesting aspect.  I can't remember if he ever regains it, or some semblance of it, throughout the show.  I love that Mal is so fiercely protective of his crew, though.  That's one of my favorite aspects of his character.

And the lesson that I took away from this episode, for this challenge is when Mal says this:

"There's obstacles in our path, and we're gonna deal with them, one by one."

That's what we're all gonna do during this challenge.  Deal with each obstacle as it comes, and then move on to the next one, cause we know there will be some.

I don't know how I missed it the other 1400 times? Both myself and the other half did a double take and commented we'd not seen him kissing a crucifix before.

Does Mal ever get his faith back? I'd probably ask does he ever actually loose it?

"You depend on luck, you end up on the drift -- no fuel, no prospects... beggin' for Alliance make-work. And towed out to the scrap belt. That ain't us. Not ever."

Well looks like he might have lost faith in the luck and a plan on his side. To the point that Book is basically the embodiment of what Sgt Malcolm Revels lost at serenity valley and yet. Even Book recognises that he is a good man, A little "lost in the woods" but still grounded in the tennants of his faith.

I dunno maybe that's how I see it as a non-Christian brought up in church run lower and middle schools.

Then the episode has Inara and Book talking about being lost in the woods. Then at the end Mal says "We're good, people. We're out of the woods." I dunno, I feel like I'm seeing so much more!

Anyway I watched the train job last night. I don't think I'm going to be able to hold out for an episode a series.

:Spoilers:

In Serenity (The episode) Kayleigh says she want's a new compression coil and if it breaks.....In The Train Job Kayleigh says Mal wont let her replace the compression coil like she wants. Was it the compression coil that goes in the drifting episode?

:Spoilers:

In Serenity (The episode) Kayleigh says she want's a new compression coil and if it breaks.....In The Train Job Kayleigh says Mal wont let her replace the compression coil like she wants. Was it the compression coil that goes in the drifting episode?

Yes, I believe it was.

I really need to watch these again.  We are going through a lot of schedule turmoil at home right now (even good stress is still stress) and so I am having a hard time to make it into the gym to lift like I had planned.  I am finding it hard to keep up the motivation when I can't keep to my planned workout schedule

rifleman

:Insert pithy quote from Firefly here.:

I really need to go back and watch more.  And take notes.

Then the episode has Inara and Book talking about being lost in the woods. Then at the end Mal says "We're good, people. We're out of the woods." I dunno, I feel like I'm seeing so much more!

Anyway I watched the train job last night. I don't think I'm going to be able to hold out for an episode a series.

It's great when you can watch a show you've seen before, even one you've seen multiple times, and keep seeing new things.  Only one episode a week is going to be difficult for me as well.  When I watched Serenity yesterday, I just wanted to keep going.

Cavemom, thank you for the donation. I am somewhat agog at the generosity to someone you've only internet known for 8 weeks. Thank you, plus your donation will be matched 100% by National Grid.

You're very welcome.  My mother-in-law has cancer, and doesn't have much longer to live, so it's very close to my heart right now.  I think it's awesome you're doing this walk.  And I'm glad to hear the donation is matched.  That's great!

I won't likely wait for one episode each week, but I'll watch the week's episode with the group. I've no problem with watching the same episode a couple of times in a week. There are still family and friends who don't yet know what they're missing. :)

This has been a good week for me. I've been putting up PRs every workout in the weight room, and my food hasn't been problematic. All in all, no worries.

This Saturday, though, I've got the SoCal Run For Your Lives zombie 5k obstacle run. I'm so excited for this! My brother's running it with me. I'll report back after the run.

Our new baby came late around 2am this morning.  Labor started a little before eleven, so it was fast.

Nine pounds, three ounces, 20 inches.  In metric, that translates to big.

9lb 3? All the ladies will be crossing their legs I'm sure!

Congratulations on your new browncoat!

• Like 1

Our new baby came late around 2am this morning.  Labor started a little before eleven, so it was fast.

Holy Big Baby, Batman! Congratulations! Is it a lady baby or a gentleman baby?

I've made myself wait, but I think tonight I'll watch the second episode... The Train Job! How far ahead is everyone?

It's a NERDBABY!  

Doing alright in Cityland, finally back on track with workouts!  STILL not caught up with firefly, though.  INSPIRATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION FTW

Congrats!  I thought my youngest was big at 8 lbs 13 oz.  You've got me beat.  Probably not a contest a woman wants to win, though.  I hope everything is going well.  Check in when you can, I'm sure you'll be busy the next little bit.

I've made myself wait, but I think tonight I'll watch the second episode... The Train Job! How far ahead is everyone?

I resisted temptation to watch ahead, so I've only watched Serenity.  I'll get to The Train Job either today or else sometime over the weekend.

It's a NERDBABY!  

Doing alright in Cityland, finally back on track with workouts!  STILL not caught up with firefly, though.  INSPIRATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION FTW

I've missed seeing you around Rowan.  Is life really busy right now?

Yeah, it's been a bit mad.  Calming down, though, so I'll be popping in more often!  Especially with new cooking experiments...

I WILL WATCH EPISODE ONE TONIGHT

THIS I SWEAR

This Saturday, though, I've got the SoCal Run For Your Lives zombie 5k obstacle run. I'm so excited for this! My brother's running it with me. I'll report back after the run.

I'm doing a Zombie 5K next Sat! Please tell me all about how yours goes. Good luck!

And super congrats on the new baby Erick the Red!

Thanks to all the good will.

Managed a good nights sleep a home last night.  Wife and baby are doing fine.  Will come home tomorrow morning.

Orc At The fair

Kids are all right.  A little gamey though unless you prepare them right.

Baby boy, by the way.  Sorry about not being clear earlier.

Dang, missed the shirt. Guess that's what I get for disappearing from the forum for several days.

Also, I caught myself sorta self-censoring by saying "gorram." And my friend thought it was awesome. I have good friends.

Once again, I find myself behind on my Firefly watching.  I'm going to go watch The Train Job today, maybe see if I can recruit my boys into watching it with me.  Who else watched it this last week?