Browncoats

cavemom

I just finished the Serenity episode.  I had forgotten how much I loved Firefly.  Man, that was some good stuff.  UltanBoyd, thanks for pointing out the losing the faith thing.  I watched for it, and it was an interesting aspect.  I can't remember if he ever regains it, or some semblance of it, throughout the show.  I love that Mal is so fiercely protective of his crew, though.  That's one of my favorite aspects of his character.

And the lesson that I took away from this episode, for this challenge is when Mal says this:

"There's obstacles in our path, and we're gonna deal with them, one by one."

That's what we're all gonna do during this challenge.  Deal with each obstacle as it comes, and then move on to the next one, cause we know there will be some.

I don't know how I missed it the other 1400 times? Both myself and the other half did a double take and commented we'd not seen him kissing a crucifix before.

Does Mal ever get his faith back? I'd probably ask does he ever actually loose it?

"You depend on luck, you end up on the drift -- no fuel, no prospects... beggin' for Alliance make-work. And towed out to the scrap belt. That ain't us. Not ever."

Well looks like he might have lost faith in the luck and a plan on his side. To the point that Book is basically the embodiment of what Sgt Malcolm Revels lost at serenity valley and yet. Even Book recognises that he is a good man, A little "lost in the woods" but still grounded in the tennants of his faith.

I dunno maybe that's how I see it as a non-Christian brought up in church run lower and middle schools.

Then the episode has Inara and Book talking about being lost in the woods. Then at the end Mal says "We're good, people. We're out of the woods." I dunno, I feel like I'm seeing so much more!

Anyway I watched the train job last night. I don't think I'm going to be able to hold out for an episode a series.

:Spoilers:

In Serenity (The episode) Kayleigh says she want's a new compression coil and if it breaks.....In The Train Job Kayleigh says Mal wont let her replace the compression coil like she wants. Was it the compression coil that goes in the drifting episode?

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

:Spoilers:

In Serenity (The episode) Kayleigh says she want's a new compression coil and if it breaks.....In The Train Job Kayleigh says Mal wont let her replace the compression coil like she wants. Was it the compression coil that goes in the drifting episode?

Yes, I believe it was.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I really need to watch these again.  We are going through a lot of schedule turmoil at home right now (even good stress is still stress) and so I am having a hard time to make it into the gym to lift like I had planned.  I am finding it hard to keep up the motivation when I can't keep to my planned workout schedule

rifleman

:Insert pithy quote from Firefly here.:

I really need to go back and watch more.  And take notes.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Then the episode has Inara and Book talking about being lost in the woods. Then at the end Mal says "We're good, people. We're out of the woods." I dunno, I feel like I'm seeing so much more!

Anyway I watched the train job last night. I don't think I'm going to be able to hold out for an episode a series.

It's great when you can watch a show you've seen before, even one you've seen multiple times, and keep seeing new things.  Only one episode a week is going to be difficult for me as well.  When I watched Serenity yesterday, I just wanted to keep going.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

I won't likely wait for one episode each week, but I'll watch the week's episode with the group. I've no problem with watching the same episode a couple of times in a week. There are still family and friends who don't yet know what they're missing. :)

This has been a good week for me. I've been putting up PRs every workout in the weight room, and my food hasn't been problematic. All in all, no worries.

This Saturday, though, I've got the SoCal Run For Your Lives zombie 5k obstacle run. I'm so excited for this! My brother's running it with me. I'll report back after the run.

Life is full of hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can.

Swinging_Jarnbjorn: Lv 1 Asgardian Ranger

Focus Up! My current challenge.

Loss As A Motivator

Our new baby came late around 2am this morning.  Labor started a little before eleven, so it was fast.

Nine pounds, three ounces, 20 inches.  In metric, that translates to big.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Our new baby came late around 2am this morning.  Labor started a little before eleven, so it was fast.

9lb 3? All the ladies will be crossing their legs I'm sure!

Congratulations on your new browncoat!

• Like 1

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

Holy Big Baby, Batman! Congratulations! Is it a lady baby or a gentleman baby?

I've made myself wait, but I think tonight I'll watch the second episode... The Train Job! How far ahead is everyone?

It's a NERDBABY!  

Doing alright in Cityland, finally back on track with workouts!  STILL not caught up with firefly, though.  INSPIRATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION FTW

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Congrats!  I thought my youngest was big at 8 lbs 13 oz.  You've got me beat.  Probably not a contest a woman wants to win, though.  I hope everything is going well.  Check in when you can, I'm sure you'll be busy the next little bit.

I've made myself wait, but I think tonight I'll watch the second episode... The Train Job! How far ahead is everyone?

I resisted temptation to watch ahead, so I've only watched Serenity.  I'll get to The Train Job either today or else sometime over the weekend.

Brenda

Cave-dwelling Druid

Current Challenge

Yeah, it's been a bit mad.  Calming down, though, so I'll be popping in more often!  Especially with new cooking experiments...

I WILL WATCH EPISODE ONE TONIGHT

THIS I SWEAR

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Congratulations on the baby. 

Cooking Experiments always make me hungry, especially when I just see pictures.

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

This Saturday, though, I've got the SoCal Run For Your Lives zombie 5k obstacle run. I'm so excited for this! My brother's running it with me. I'll report back after the run.

I'm doing a Zombie 5K next Sat! Please tell me all about how yours goes. Good luck!

And super congrats on the new baby Erick the Red!

The right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." -John Crichton, Farscape

Browncoats, look: firefly shirt on teefury.  I don't know if I can buy it, since I just bought a shirt yesterday, but it's mighty tempting.  Maybe I'll buy if for the husband.  Then I can still look at it.

I'm glad you posted this.  I'm getting one for both me and the wife.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Thanks to all the good will.

Managed a good nights sleep a home last night.  Wife and baby are doing fine.  Will come home tomorrow morning.

Orc At The fair

Kids are all right.  A little gamey though unless you prepare them right.

Baby boy, by the way.  Sorry about not being clear earlier.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Erick, I have to ask, where on earth do you get all these magnificent images?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines