Heading for the next 50 years

Hi Rebels!

Herewith I'm starting my 1st challenge to get back in shape for the coming 50th anniversary of myself.

And as I posted already in my introduction (http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/37120-new-member-of-rebel-division-germany/) my goal is as follows:

My Main Goal :

Loosing 6 kg of weight with simultaneous gain of muscles, revealed by vanishing of safety buoy.

My Missions:

Building Muscle:     Doing 3 circles of the beginner bodyweight routine: 3 times a week. (Mon, Wed, Fri)

(STR +2)

Building Stamina:   Doing  2 times a week of cardio intervall training: 6 intervalls 30sec/90sec. (Tue, Thu)

(STA +2  CON +1)

Building Flexibility:  Doing baduanjin, 5 times a week, early morning (that means getting up 30min earlier, Mon - Fri)

(DEX +2 WIS +1 CHA +1)

Building Food Competence: Generally watching what stuff I'm eating, leaving out one or another beer - severe quest here in Bavaria :-)

(CON +1)

Short and crispy, huh?

I think this plan should be sufficient for my first challenge, for I'm the eager-beaver type and tend to start fast and end up in tears ;-). So better not to overdo!

So I leave for today with the words of King Leonidas: Tonight, we dine in Hell!

Greets 

Miyamoto

Viking  Warrior Level 5

STR: 7.5 | DEX: 11 | STA: 12 | CON: 12 | WIS: 12 | CHA: 9

Thanks Raidne for your good wishes.

The first evening and daybreak of the second day of the challenge was a success. I managed to do my bodyweight routine yesterday in the late evening and today morning I did my baduanjin with some warming up before.

So if things go on like this, I will survive! :-)

Only the beer thing...you know...hard task for a bavarian guy, lots of Oktoberfests this days ;-)

Today I also made some adaptions concerning my race, the favored guild for the future and added a signature.

And in the evening I will go running intervalls ...!

Greets M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

Hi Rebels,

just a little update.

Did my baduanjins along with a little warming up gym bravely every morning since now. And added 1 run of TaiChi 24-Form.

Did strength training yesterday.

Today I added the attribute points I decide to give me after 3 weeks, when I level up to Level 1 and - of course - if I deserve them :-)

(as described here: http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/33334-real-life-role-playing-stat-points-and-levelling-up/

Please let me know, if you would change something in my attribute point granting.

This weekend I will visit my mom-in-law and I hope I will manage my body weight routine and baduanjin there.

My second intervall training I will do after I return home on Sunday afternoon.

THX and Greets

M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

Hi Rebels!

week #1 completed. I stuck to my workout as described, feeling already stronger and fitter.

Made some adaptions concerning special days for the specific workouts (see above)

Bought two dumbbells to improve doing the rows in my bodyweight workout routine. And of course for future strenght exercises.

Decided to cut out beer and other alcohol completely for at least the rest of challenge #1. Will earn me CON +2 at the end of challenge.

Greets M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

Hi Rebels,

week #2 accomplished.

Workout done as described. Left out Baduanjin on Friday morning. Two hiking tours w/ Geocaching on Friday and Sunday.

Carry on!

M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

week #3 almost accomplished.

Due to a common cold which conquered my body this week, my physician told me not to do hard cardio until in health again.

So I left out cardio intervall training this week and replaced each unit by one hour of tight walking.

I also replace(d) the bodyweight routine circles with dumbbell training. Mostly upper body with 3 sets of 10 repeates w/ 5kg weight.

Sore muscles, so it seems to work. :-)

Anyway I succeeded in doing an extended Baduanjin/TaiChi/ DoIn Makko-Ho routine each early morning, which I feel has very positive effects on my body.

I tend to keep all these changings for the rest of the challenge, because I like this kind of exercises more and noticed they work better for me.

Especially the intervall cardio training had no good effect on my body, furthermore I felt no adaptation effect, only exhaustion. Therefore I will replace this with more reduced things like easy jogging for 30 min, longer hikes or firm walking for at least 1 hour.

Next week I will be on holidays in the alps, so I will do a lot of serious hiking there.

Also they provide a fitness room with dumbbells and a barbell in my hotel so I can continue my strenght exercises during this time.

I hope these bigger modifications of my missions comply with the rules of the challenges, but I think it is better to change things if you recognise them as not so beneficial.

Greets M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

week #4 completed.

Was out on uphill/downhill hiking three times for 8 / 6 / 4 hours, carrying half of the time a 16 kg backpack (incl.daughter :-) ). So my time and energy for other activities was limited and I left out my Baduanjins in the morning. But at least I did my weight lifting routine once in the hotel's gym.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

week #5 completed.

Baduanjins done everyday.

Left out one unit of strenght training and one unit of jogging, because I helped mom-in-law with relocation on weekend.

That meant tree days of heavy lifting, stair climbing with weights and jumping up and down the platform of a truck.

So I declare my missions for this week fulfilled.

Greets M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

Challenge Number 1 completed!

Although I had to modify some of my missions, I think I can say that this first challenge was a big success for me.

I got back into regular training, defined my goals and corrected my expectations what to do in training.

I missed my goal to drink NO beer at all, but I'm on my way to that. I will include this in my missions for challenge #2. But so I can not give me 2 CON points as I originally planned for achieving this goal.

I will divide the 4 points I can give to my character for completing the challenge to WIS and CHA because I think I now know what kind of goals I can achieve and what kind of training is the best for my body.

So see you in the next challenge!

M.

Viking  Warrior Level 5

drink no beer at all??? Man that sucks :(

but definetely great challenge fellow rebel :) good luck with defining new goals :D

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines