Shemyazaz- BRING IT ON!!

This will be my second attempt at a challenge. The first one failed spectacularly. The goals this time around are more attainable, and I have already begun developing some habits that will make this easier. Basically gave up last time. Dropped everything I was working on and reverted to old habits. Not this time. I have been keeping my diet reasonable, and logging almost everything. Already managed to completely cut out liquid calories. (except whatever is in black coffee, and my protein shakes.) I've been sticking to IF on the weekdays for a few weeks now, and eating mostly paleo (you can have my dairywhen you pry it from my little obese fingers). Joined a gym, and started the Strong Lifts 5x5 program. Even uploaded some "before" pictures...which I will update every month.

I'm done grinding on slimes in the beginner forrest. It's time to start the main quest!

MAIN QUEST: Kiss the fat goodbye. (Want to be down to ~15%BF when all is said and done. Very long term goal.)

MOTIVATION: Seeing the man in the mirror become something that doesn't disgust me. (It's happening! Slowly.)

All point based grades follow the scale below. The overall grade will be an average of the three main quest goals. The side quest will not factor into the average.

100-90 A

89-80 B

79-70 C

69-60 D

60-0 F

Workout M,W,F: I have just recently joined a gym and started doing the SL 5x5. I have not skipped a day yet…but the urge is strong.

1. Stick to workout schedule. -10pts for skipped workouts. No makeups. No Excuses.

STRETCH!: I have gotten into the bad habit of skimping on my stretching sessions after workouts. It has led to me having to skip some workouts.

1. Stretch and foam roll for at least as long as the workout took. -5pts per workout this criteria is not met.
  2. Extra points awarded for stretching and foam rolling on non-workout days. +5/day

DRINK MORE WATER!: I have recently developed leg cramps at night. I’m sure this is probably from my low water intake. I’ve had a bad habit of just drinking a couple cups of coffee a day.

1.       Average of three glasses per day at the end of the week. 17pts/week

2.       Extra points awarded for reaching 5 glass average. +5pts/week

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side Quest: A score of "B" or higher on the sidequest will be worth 20pts to spend on main quest goals.

Spend time on Hobbies: I have been neglecting my hobbies…they exist to keep me sane, so I should pay attention to them for my mental health.

1. Work on "something" at least twice a week. Can be anything, even if I just light the forge and then shut it back down or sand something …just DO something creative-ish. Each day worth 8pts.

2. Make progress on Fidelacchius each week, anything measurable. 17pts/week

Level 3 Human Adventurer

STR:8 DEX:4 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHR:2

Battle Log

Past Challenges: 1 2 3

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

First day report:

Managed to drink two big bottles of water, one 20oz cup at work, and two coffee cups. Feels strange to drink water out of my coffee cup.. I'd say I passed the water goal for the day. 

Workout went pretty well. I backed off my squat weight a bit due to my knee acting questionable. I think I have angered the IT in my right leg. Trying to roll and stretch it out as much as possible.

Squats, press, and rows all at 100lbs. Weight is not challenging yet.

Spent time rolling and stretching after the workout. Need to figure out some more stretches to specifically address my leg issues.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

"I do it all because I'm evil, and I do it all for free...your tears are all the pay I'll ever need." -Voltaire

Good first day!  grats on the water-I hate water!  I am drinking club soda and that has made it much easier to get more water in.  Did I mention I hate water? 

Have you looked into any yoga stretches?  Some of my favorite stretches I found through yoga.  (almost typed yoda, hehe.  I bet he knows some good ones)

Level 2   Human Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: current  1

I would very much like to take some Yoda classes. :P

Haven't been able to find any yoga classes within my budget. The gym membership is pretty much devastating my fitness budget. I wish they had a class...but all the stuff they offer is BS.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Congratulations on a great first day. Do any of your friends do yoga? Maybe they could do it with you in your home, or maybe there is a good DVD...the only reason I go to yoga once in a blue moon is because our teacher gives you a neck and shoulder massage at the end!

Level 2 Vulcan Assassin

STR 3 | DEX  | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

"If you think you've got 100 extra years to mess around, you're wrong.
This time is real. Your time is now. It's hero time"

- Henry Rollins

Day 2:

Passed my water goal. Had two glasses of iced tea....which I'm not really sure if I can count. One mondo foam cup from the cafeteria (64oz I think) and a 10oz bottle.

I need to work on my third goal soon before I fail the week. Tonight is workout night...so maybe tomorrow.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Workout went great last night. Didn't have trouble with any of the weight, all still very light. The knee wasn't bothering me until the last set of squats...then it just let me know it was still there. I have a form check video up to see if maybe I'm screwing up.

Managed to drink a good amount of water. Three coffees, one 64oz cup of water, and two 20oz bottles during the workout. Foam rolled and stretched for about 20minutes after the workout.

Looking good. Gotta do something about that third goal though....running out of days in the week.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Sounds like you are doing great! 

I know how hard the no soda thing is.  I haven't had diet coke since 9/1/13 and I was a total junkie.  I drink club soda cause I like the bubbles but I count it as water.  :playful:

Keep up the good work!

Level 2   Human Adventurer

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: current  1

One 64oz cup of water ans two coffee. I think that is barely a pass.

I dug out some tools and materials to work on the sword, but did not actually get to do much more than planning. Not sure if I should count that or not.

Tonight is workout night! And its workout A...my favorite!

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Looks like the first week was a pass. I almost failed the hobby requirement, but ended up getting things set up to start some real work this next week...so I counted that. :P

Got all my workouts in. I've foam rolled every weekday, and managed to spend much more time stretching after the workout. I still need to find a good video for increasing my flexability/rang of motion though. 

The water thing has worked out to just barely a pass. I've overshot on most days...but just barely been adequate on others. It needs work.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

09-23-2013

Workout B is not my favorite. My OHP is weak. I'm getting closer to having proper form on the squats though!

Squats- 115lbs 5x5

OHP - 75lbs 5x5

DL - 75lbs 5x5

Managed to drink lots of water and coffee...and a really nasty post workout supplement (tastes like Flintstones chewable vitamins)

So far I am rocking the exercise goal. I feel pretty proud of that. I keep letting stuff get in the way of the hobby thing though...gotta fix that. I think my next challenge is going to have more life goals like that in it to see if I can work on some of my non-fitness related habits.

Level 3 Human Adventurer

Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines