[Q-Bert] Need to be faster than the ducklings...

You would be amazed at how fast ducklings are.... they will "awwwwwww" the tongue right out of your head if you're not careful. 

So in the interest of keeping my tongue right where it should be, I need to be faster than the ducklings..... at least that way the zombies can have them and not me :D

=============================================

Main Quest → To lose weight & inches and fit into a size 14ish (currently a 16ish)

• Weight training 5 days a week
    • when at the office take advantage of the gym
    • when at home do bw exercises
  • Cardio every day
    • 10 minutes minimum
  • No crappy evening snacking

• if a munchie fit strikes, the only options are of the fruit or veggie variety

• Go to bed “on time†during the week

Life Side Quest → Pick up my guitar again and get back to learning to play.  (this also doubles as a way to put unsuspecting ducklings to sleep)

Day 1

So far so good.  Spent some time in the gym at work.  Eliptical, free weights, sitting squats and finished on the treadmill, about 45 minutes from start to finish.  Will use my stationary bike tonight, it's been very much ignored for the last couple months.... :redface:

Day 1 update...

well..... didn't get on the stationary bike..... but I did spend most of the evening in the garage helping with the couple of motorcycles that came through.  Lots of lifting there :)  ( must get stronger!! )

Snacking wise wasn't great unforunately.  Got home late after spending a couple hours in the clinic getting antibiotics..... missed supper.... and well.... ate crap before bed ::sigh::

But the meds are helping, and I did get to bed much closer to what I'm supposed to......

So over all day 1 went well all things considered :)

I've been trying to cut back on the unhealthy snacking too.  Especially since everyone else in college is doing it around you.  I have found that some good celery with a little bit of peanut butter is oh so delicious.

Good luck on your challenge!

Level 0 Half-Elf

Str 0 | Dex 0 | Sta 0 | Con 0 | Wis 0 | Cha 0

Day 2

Going great so far!

30 min on the elliptical, 25 minutes weight training.... little bit of muscle soreness.... but nothing insane :)

Eating so far is in check..... I don't feel like I need to chew on the desk or anything.... lol

Day 2 Update

Well the rest of the day didn't go exactly as planned..... but that's par for the course.  Got to bed late, we had a bike in the shop till 11pm.... zzzzzz..... But managed to eat not too badly.

Day 3

Didn't manage to get in any exercise.  With being up so late on Day 2, I was bagged in the morning.   There was a huge accident here in town, which slowed traffic, causing my commute to be 3 times longer.  But I'm thankful to be alive.... I feel terrible for those that lost loved ones.

Eating was not too bad either..... and I wasn't up nearly as late as I was on Day 2.

Overall.... not too bad all things considered.

Ducklings D:

Don't let the zombies get them! Get strong and fast enough to just scoop them up and take them with you.

Imagine a world with zombie ducklings. They'd be mezmerizingly cute because baby animals' cuteness also comes from their derpiness. So you'd stand there watching them in awe, giggling like a little school girl and before you even know it they bite you. You may get to keep your tongue but is a rotten tongue slowly decaying in your mouth really worth it?

I don't think so. ;)

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Week 1 update

Overall it was pretty good.... got my weight training in.... got a decent amount of cardio.  And that's even with the parental units visiting this past weekend :D

Move 150 40lb bags of wood pellets yesterday.... that was fun :)  but that'll keep the house warm for the winter :D

Even managed to stay mostly out of the junk food over the weekend.  My parents are munchie and sweets people :)  and I just don't keep any of that in the house.  But I survived.... with only one slip on Sunday.... but I still dropped even with that little slip in munchie land :)

I'm down a couple pounds..... 188.5 this morning :onthego:   Haven't seen the 180's in I a few years :)  now to keep it going!!  Next challenge I'm taking measurements..... this time my jeans are enough of an indication, but I know I'll need the inches incentive as I get closer to my bodies naturally fit weight :)

---

All that said however, I did not pick up my guitar once.  I looked at it sitting lonely in the corner safely in it's case..... but that's as far as I got ::sigh::

---

Now on to week 2 and the fun muscle soreness that brings :D  I'd honestly forgotten how much I actually like the feeling of slightly sore muscles :)

Oooh, the dreaded wood pellets. They come in 10 or 20 kilo bags here. 

But it's still better than cutting wood - we cut about 3 tons of wood last winter! I was the one who had to throw the cut wood on the wagon we used to get it home. So that was pretty exhausting :D

But you're right - whatever keeps us warm :)  I'm really happy to have a stove for firewood because it's so cozy, so I'll pay the price for it! (And be happy about it if it gives me stronger arms!)

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Oooh, the dreaded wood pellets. They come in 10 or 20 kilo bags here. 

But it's still better than cutting wood - we cut about 3 tons of wood last winter! I was the one who had to throw the cut wood on the wagon we used to get it home. So that was pretty exhausting :D

But you're right - whatever keeps us warm :)  I'm really happy to have a stove for firewood because it's so cozy, so I'll pay the price for it! (And be happy about it if it gives me stronger arms!)

apparently I missed a zero.... lol..... should have been 40lb bags :)

3 tons nice!  :)  the two pallets (150 bags) is 2 tons :)

and I agree! makes for stronger arms :D

Week 2...

Not my best performance.... but not an entire fail. 

Crazy week.... but I did manage to eat properly 5 out of 7 days..... and exercised 4 out of 7 days.

Still haven't managed to pick up my guitar again...... darn zombie ducklings are going to awwwwwww me to death.

On to week 3 :)  and a much better performance..... ::insert turn of events music::

Week 3...

It's been a week of sorrow....  Said goodbye to one of our dogs this..... he took suddenly ill and there was nothing that could be done to "fix" it.... it's far too quiet now....

Eating wasn't great, but with everything that was going on it wasn't high on my list of priorities.  I did get a lot of exercise though, even though it wasn't planned..... carrying around a 100lbs dog will do that.

On to week 4.... may it be a happier week....

Week 4 update.... still having trouble it would appear.  Mine own fault.  Apparently one of my goals should be "put myself first".... .cause that's not happening.

On the plus side I haven't gained weight.... which is a big deal for me.

Weight training is sporatic..... at least following the guide is anyway.  Been doing a lot of lifting this past week, just in normal everyday life.

The 10 minutes cardio a day minimum is one of the few things that is holding..... I can thank walks with the dog for that :)

As for snacking..... I'd give it a 5 out of 10..... evening munchies are improving..... but had a few evenings of slip-ups this past week.

On to Week 5....

So.... Week 5.....

If nothing else I'm learning that I really need to work on sticking to eating well and exercising.  Wow.... am I terrible.... here I had thought I was getting better.  But I've been tracking and paying attention this week to what I've been doing and well..... honestly ..... it sucks.....

Still haven't lost anything.... but it's completely my own fault.  So this week is a 2 out of 10 overall..... ugh....

On to Week 6.....

For the next challenge I really need a better motivation source..... cause mines broken apparently.....

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines