FluffyRin - Becoming a Better Role Model

fluffyrin42

I hate when life interferes with my plans!  Keep up the good work!

LIFE!!  <shakes fist>  To be honest.  I need to stop letting life be such an excuse...  :-/

Life!  I know the feeling.  I am glad week 2 has been a good one for you

It started out pretty well!  I still need to improve on the follow-thru, though.

Really solid progress, especially considering all that went on in week one and the life blips in the second. The way I see it, you're all geared up to totally rip apart week three!

Glad you made it through the flooding safe and sound and had relatively minor damage to your house.

Thanks Laurel!  I just need to stay focused.

Looks like week 2 is going well for you! How'd the weekend go?

Status to come, week 2 was catagorically, ok.  But I'm ok with it.  :)

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Week 2 Summary:

Another week done, another week of "eh" towards the end.  I feel like I'm making some progress, it's just not necessarily aligned with my goals.  However, I did agree to sign up for a 5k with my sister for Thanksgiving morning.  She wants to run together.  She ran cross country in college.  I know she's not in that shape any longer, but I laughed.  Loud, and long, and hard.  Her "slow" pace is my "oh-my-god-my-lungs-are-imploding" pace.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm considering it a challenge.  :)

Mission 1 Strong (3/5):  After starting strong, things just fizzled.  A lot of errand running and meeting with contractors conflicted with the times I had open for running.  And it's super dark early in the morning, so I'm not sure I'm comfortable running early at this point...  Bummer.  I did get in one more run, at least.

Mission 2 Healthy (1 meals): We managed not to eat out breakfast, but my parents were down visiting my grandparents, so we decided to all get lunch together.  We ended up at all you can eat shrimp... It was awesome.

Mission 3 Good Behavior (12/14): Man, my tracking has gotten terrible with this particular challenge.  I really need to step up my game.  Conservative estimate?  12.  I did keep up much better over the weekend.

Supplemental Sleep (12 points): This week was the opposite of last week... I was up on time, but stayed up with my phone past bedtime a couple of times this week.

This will make morning runs a breeze!  I love that you are running with your faster sister!  Easiest way to get better is to chase the fast ones!!

1st Challenge2nd Challenge3rd Challenge (Current)

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

Excellence is born of preparation, dedication, focus and tenacity; compromise on any of these and you become average and being average sucks.

I am still debating about harassing my extended family in doing another turkey day run.  I did find out I have a friend who will be in your neck of the woods for the holiday and will be participating in that race as well!  Hang in there, you are doing a great job. 

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

This will make morning runs a breeze!  I love that you are running with your faster sister!  Easiest way to get better is to chase the fast ones!!

Yeah, I know it's silly, but we've had a spat of women getting grabbed at/assaulted in the areas around my neighborhood (not actually in my neighborhood, but near-ish), so I'm a little on the paranoid side...  I don't mind running at dawn, but it's currently dark dark when I would need to run and my neighborhood doesn't really have streetlights (which, aside from running, I consider a huge bonus).  I've talked to my boss man and I think we're going to work it out so that I can come in super early and leave early afternoon-ish so that I can get in my workout before hubby gets home.  Hopefully that will help!

I am still debating about harassing my extended family in doing another turkey day run.  I did find out I have a friend who will be in your neck of the woods for the holiday and will be participating in that race as well!  Hang in there, you are doing a great job. 

I'm honestly pretty excited.  I haven't done an organized race in over a year and I kinda miss it.  :)

Holy monkies, my nerds.  This week has been CRAZY!  Things have just ramped up about a million at work, so I haven't been able to check in as often as usual.  I'm glad to see everyone is doing better than me.  :)

Week 3 / Days 1 & 2 Status:

Mission 1 Strong (0/5):  Blah.  I was out and about between work and a board meeting for over 15 hours yesterday.  And the tile estimate that we were looking forward to came in at almost 3x what we were expecting.  Not the best day.  Monday was just chaos.  No planning, over sleeping, and general crappiness.  :-/

Mission 2 Healthy (0 meals): Pretty good so far on this one.  Even though I was running around like a crazy person, I managed to sneak in dinner at home and brought lunch/breakfast/snacks.

Mission 3 Good Behavior (3/14): Totally slacked on the bedtime routine yesterday.

Supplemental Sleep (1 points): Enter why my week has gone rough.  Day 1 I was up late, but was forced to get up early for the busy day.  Day 2 I again stayed up late (I need to uninstall the new game I put on my phone, apparently) and SURPRISE!  Completely slept through my alarm.  I'm beginning to think that blackout shades made this challenge harder than I expected...

not everyone... my last week was crap and this week has not started off on the right foot.  there were some good times mixed in there so it wasn't a complete loss. 

I just gotta ask - what new game was keeping you up at night? 

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

100 floors - it's one of those puzzle games where you have to figure out what the puzzle is first before you can solve it...  And there are so many levels that it gets way to easy to say "well, just one more!"

Week 3 / Days 1 & 2 Status:

Mission 1 Strong (1/5):  Finally kicked the slump and got out for a run.  Not bad, but not great.  Tried to throw in some interval work... running fast makes me feel the pukes, so I was walking for more recoveries than I would've liked. Finished with a few 30/30 sprint efforts.  I managed 3 before I had to take a longer break.  Got in two 30/60s to finish the run.

Mission 2 Healthy (0 meals): Didn't really think this through, but we're going to be out of town for a wedding this weekend.  So definitely not going to be doing homemade meals.  Not sure how to count it...  :-/

Mission 3 Good Behavior (5/14): Got these taken care of.

Supplemental Sleep (2 points): Stayed up a bit late, but was up again early.  Not doing so well on the sleep wagon this week... :-/

I am glad you got a run in, but sorry it was a little rusty for you.  Keep at it and you will back in the groove in no time.  I am in the same boat on the meals.  I started with the mindset that I was going to kill this challenge, but it is proving to be my hardest one.  I am going to be as honest as possible with my meals and really try to hang in there. 

I don't know about you, but I think we are all getting "bogged down" and we really need a good boost of energy.  Don't stress about the challenge and enjoy yourself this weekend.  Come back Monday ready to tackle this 6WC on the downhill full steam ahead.

Challenges:

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

I just don't understand how people have to set a bedtime. I am usually passed out on the couch at some ridiculously early hour like I'm 87 years old, LOL. I can't even make it to 10 or 10:30. So sad. *hangs head in shame*

Level 11 Unicorn Ranger

Current Challenge

Previous Challenges 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

“Decorum is highly overrated and probably causes cancer.”  ~ Jenny Lawson

To start with - sorry for the long absence! I've had hardly any down time and have tried to keep up with folks, but haven't done too well.  I'll try to get around to everyone and check in today!

I am glad you got a run in, but sorry it was a little rusty for you.  Keep at it and you will back in the groove in no time.  I am in the same boat on the meals.  I started with the mindset that I was going to kill this challenge, but it is proving to be my hardest one.  I am going to be as honest as possible with my meals and really try to hang in there. 

I don't know about you, but I think we are all getting "bogged down" and we really need a good boost of energy.  Don't stress about the challenge and enjoy yourself this weekend.  Come back Monday ready to tackle this 6WC on the downhill full steam ahead.

Yeah, this challenge has been a bit rough.  I really just need to buckle down and get on top of things...  :)

I just don't understand how people have to set a bedtime. I am usually passed out on the couch at some ridiculously early hour like I'm 87 years old, LOL. I can't even make it to 10 or 10:30. So sad. *hangs head in shame*

Haha!  We're pretty good about being in bed on time, and to be honest, this challenge was more about getting back to baseline.  With winter approaching, I get pretty bad about oversleeping in the mornings which throws my whole sleep schedule out of whack.  I'd hoped to maintain my sleep through the transition, but damn it's hard!

Hope this weekend went well for you. It sounds like you're making progress, which is the important part.

It was a lovely weekend.  So good to see old friends from Houston and catch up.  But holy cow we spent a lot of time in the car!

Week 4 / Day 3 Status:

Quick catch-up status.  Basically, things haven't been going awesomely, but I'm trying.  Exercise has been just a complete dud lately.

Week 3 Summary (and Week 4 thus far):

Mission 1 Strong (2/5):  Only got in two workouts in week 3 before we were off on the road.  Danced a lot at the wedding, though.  Nothing so far this week - trying to keep the post-vacation house trashing in check.

Mission 2 Healthy (0 meals): Did actually really well about choosing good options even on the road.  We took snacks for a lot of it and did healthier choices for those road meals we couldn't avoid.  Since we've been home it's 100% at home.  I'm calling the weekend an A, considering I'd forgotten about it when setting up my challenge goals.

Mission 3 Good Behavior (8/14): Didn't do so well with the routines over the weekend.  Lots of late, exhausted nights and only a little motivation to be ready for more car driving in the mornings.  Managed to do partial routines most of the time, but never the full thing.  Doing better now that I'm home.

Supplemental Sleep (10 points): HAHA!  This was a joke.  We were up late each day with either driving or the wedding festivities or more driving.  Needless to say, sleeping in was in order.  Haven't been much better since we got back either.  Slept in every day so far and only in bed on time once.  D'oh.

Hang in there, you are still doing good.  Steve's last blog about the power of words may help us out of our rut.  I am trying to take some tips from there to get me to the end of this 6WC.

Challenges:

Yeah - I got in all my routines yesterday and did better about bedtime.  Still overslept by a bit this morning.  It's so dark!  Gargh!  And my husband sleeps later than I do, so I'm generally getting ready in the dark...  It makes it tough to get motivated to get up'n'atem.

Still no exercises.  Got home late and then we went out to dinner for our anniversary.  Tried bone marrow for the first time ever.  It was ... weird.

Basically, things haven't been going awesomely, but I'm trying.  

You know what? Trying is a lot harder than succeeding. Legit. It's easy to keep doing something if you know you're going to be greeted with success, warm happy feelings and a deep sense of self satisfaction.  It's harder when you know you've screwed up, that the next move isn't going to erase all of the things you did wrong, and it's probably just a step back to 0.

That's why it's the most important part.  We remember the people that kept fighting against insurmountable odds. That's why Serenity is my favorite movie, it's a story about the good guys fighting till the bitter end. I'm going to fail and fall a lot in my quest to become the best biggest badass my mind can fathom. That's fine because when I look back at it I'm not going to be looking at the milestones, I'm going to be looking at the grit it took to get there.

When you have your little one running around, getting up to all sorts of crazy antics and failing miserably time and time again (as children do, remember trying to learn how to tie your shoe laces?!?!), that's something you're going to be able to pass on.

Let's show the world how we fail with grace and still keep coming back for more.

Race: Dwarf Class: Ranger Level: 3

STR: 9 | DEX: 7 | STA: 9 | CON: 6 | WIS: 9 | CHA: 8

Current-5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

When you can't run, you crawl, and when you can't crawl - when you can't do that... You find someone to carry you

Bone marrow?  My dogs really like it, but they also like licking their butts too.  Next week we will both nail the food.

Haha!  I don't even know how to describe it.  Alone, I don't know that I would do it again... but I could totally see using it like bacon fat in cooking.  Anyway.  New experience?  We'll chalk it up to that.  :)

If you made mostly good choices and did some partial workouts while on vacation, you did very well.  Something is always better than nothing.

Good choices were made... aside from some dancing at the wedding, there wasn't much time for workouts.  But I feel like I've spent far too much time this challenge dwelling on what I haven't done, rather than what I still can do.  Need to get on that.

You know what? Trying is a lot harder than succeeding. Legit. It's easy to keep doing something if you know you're going to be greeted with success, warm happy feelings and a deep sense of self satisfaction.  It's harder when you know you've screwed up, that the next move isn't going to erase all of the things you did wrong, and it's probably just a step back to 0.

That's why it's the most important part.  We remember the people that kept fighting against insurmountable odds. That's why Serenity is my favorite movie, it's a story about the good guys fighting till the bitter end. I'm going to fail and fall a lot in my quest to become the best biggest badass my mind can fathom. That's fine because when I look back at it I'm not going to be looking at the milestones, I'm going to be looking at the grit it took to get there.

When you have your little one running around, getting up to all sorts of crazy antics and failing miserably time and time again (as children do, remember trying to learn how to tie your shoe laces?!?!), that's something you're going to be able to pass on.

Let's show the world how we fail with grace and still keep coming back for more.

:)  Thanks for this.

Week 4 Summary:

Got marginally back on track, but still room to improve.

Mission 1 Strong (3/5):  All of them running.  Gotta get better for my 5k on Thanksgiving!

Mission 2 Healthy (2 meals): We picked up groceries as soon as we got back, but we went out for lunch on Saturday and Sunday.

Mission 3 Good Behavior (10/14): Did better, but I know I wasn't perfect.

Supplemental Sleep (9 points): No seriously.  Slept late almost every day.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines