• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

@Welkin: Yeah, I will do that. As I am moving into my new apartment next week, I won't know, when I will have an internet-connection, but I will probably be running again by the end of next week (19th/20th october).

@all: Hey everyone, I just discovered this website - nomnompaleo -  and although I already tried a lot of great and tasty pale recipes, these ones are just so very much mouthwatering you don't want to eat anything else again. Just wanted to share.. :)

Yeah nomnomplaeo has come up a few times for me as well, though I don't follow any real recipe sites. I usually just find ideas either from nerd fitness, or trying to find paleo versions of things, or friends send me stuff, or I come across them on stumbleon, or some other or's with all the other plentiful or's that I've been oring. 80P

HOLY DARN HECK!!! What a bad week overall.  A lingering illness coupled with exams and papers don't leave me a lot of free or fun time.

Though here we are on another Monday morning.  Gonna kick this week's butt.  Good Luck Rogue Squadron!

I follow a few Paleo blogs on my fitness Twitter (Paleo Hacks, Paleo Approved, Nourished App). Good sources of recipes, especially Nourished App (love that App!).

LOL So. I've been told that I am really great to girls, and that I would make a great husband. I know I am smart and have a successful career ahead of me. Therefor, I can only say that it's my weight that is keeping me single, and &%$# girls for being that superficial. Rant done, back to my smoothie of 4 kinds of berries, almond milk, oats, and whey powder.

While relationships are certainly nice to have, it's more important to find worthiness within yourself and focus on doing things for yourself and all of that, I spent a fairly long time being single and lamenting upon why the various women had no interest in me, inventing various excuses that were unlikely to be accurate. Relationship are far too comlex a beast for there to be any single simple reason, it mostly a matter of finding the person you're the most compatible with. The best thing that I did was to stop focusing on trying to find a relationship, stopped trying to find something about myself that obviously had to be wrong, or that there was something about all the women that made me an invalid choice for them. Then took a look at myself and focused on what I wanted myself to be. There's been a lot of stumbles and I have admittedly lost my focus a few times. But the best thing is to stop trying to find that thing, just start focusing on you and who you want to be and enjoy what friendships and relationships you do have. Don't let the other stuff get you down.

@Welkin: I'm totally with you on that issue.

@Johnny: When I made Abitur (in Germany that's the school's degree you need to go to the university), most of the girls in my class had had at least one boyfriend and I always felt like I was too ugly or too nerdy or something to get one. When I got to the university, I met my first and only boyfriend (who is now my fiancée) after half a year and I didn't try hard or anything - we met on a friend's birthday party and while everyone was playing table-soccer (which we both weren't interested in), we started talking about movies and discovered that we both liked the same. After we went home and realized we were living on the same floor at the student home, one thing led to another. Just so you know: Not all women are like those only looking on the outside. Just be patient and don't push it and as Welkin said, focus on who you want to be.

@all: Sorry, guys, for not reporting in the whole week, but after I moved into my new flat on Monday, where I am having no internet-connection at the moment, I got a severe stomach-flu on Tuesday, which was why I couldn't get out of the house. Probably the stress somehow overwhelmed me. But I am back again and I hope that I will be able to post updates frequently from Monday on, when I am back in my office.

Hope the move went well! 

I think the largest issue about people finding others is that they just look at themselves and think there's something about them that makes them unappealing, height, size, other appearance, etc. Usually that would just lead to us removing ourselves from the possibilities without us realizing it, making us seem uninterested in others. When we're just being ourselves and not thinking of someone as a potential mate, we open up and things can happen. Sometimes this is why it seems like new relationships can seem to "fall into our laps unexpectedly" or what have you. I'm a bit jealous of your low number of people, 1 and done is awesome and good on you for it.

Glad to hear you're back in the game, looking forward to more updates!

I'm going to go back to Kung Fu this week (I've been travelling nonstop this month ugh!) so I'm looking forward to that.

I have been doing pretty well with exercising 3x a week, but I have REALLY been slacking on my meditation goal. o_o; Like I haven't really been meditating at all. Frustrating. I'm going to really put in the effort for the last five days of the challenge!

@Aria - way to go getting back to Kung Fu and pushing hard for the last few days! 

@JohnnyShoes - i agree with RogueWelkin & SirHammerlock. Just keep on with your life focusing on what makes you, you. The best things can happen when you're having fun on your own journey. When i met my husband, I was busy. I'd decided some time before that to stop playing games (or being sucked into them) in the relationship department and get serious about my own life. I couldn't just sit around waiting for my Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet. I needed to be my own knight in shining armour. I needed to be strong and in control of my life, not waiting around for someone else to "save" or "complete" me.  So there I was, following my dreams and living my life when I met my husband. I distinctly remember thinking i should be careful b/c i could totally fall for that man and I was busy (I was working 2 jobs, fronting a band and producing an album at the time). Fortunately, I was also open to love and allowed space for that, and him, in my life. We hung out for about 2 months (all our friends say we were dating that whole time, neither of us saw that) before going on an offical date. Within a few weeks of "officially" dating, We knew we weren't going to be with anyone else. We got married 6 months to the day of our first official date and this Dec. we'll celebrate our 9th anniversary. Don't give up on love, but don't waste your time with superficial time bandits either. The right person for you exists. Just keep enjoying your life, doing what you love, and you'll be surprised at what becomes. I'm rooting for you!!

@SirHammerlock - How's everything in your new flat? All settled in? Hoping for less stress now for you!

Hey everyone, so, it's last day of the challenge, I have settled in my new apartment (just some boxes with old clothes and a bit of empty boxes laying around), but I am still not having internet, so my I couldn't do any updates this week. But I could give the keys of our old apartment to the owner, so I am finally out of it after cleaning and everything last week. It was a bit stressful, after the new tenant moving in after us decided suddenly she didn't want the dishwasher, so I had to get it out of the apartment (without a car, I had to call a taxi), which was a bit enerving. Well, so it goes. I didn't have the time to get to my normal workout last week, but since I did the moving and cleaning I'll consider that as a decent excercise. Hope, everyone brought the challenge to a fine end. I'll post my summary in the middle of next week.

I think this was a tough challenge for everyone, but that doesn't mean it wasn't great! As long as we're still here sticking to it we're still ahead of the game, even if we didn't meet the goals we set out for we've made progress, learned lessons, and all in all kicked some ass. Looking forward to seeing you all next challenge!