Strawberry Squatcake - How To Survive A Wedding In One Million Traumatic Steps

Strawberry Squatcake

It's like a mini-series, right? "What happens next? Will Squatcake find out that magnesium's been cheating on her with Vitamin C? Who really killed the peppers? Was it... DUN DUN DUN..... gluten?! Tune in next time to find out."

Yes. Hopefully all of the bad guys are killed off and I can walk away with a burning immune system (on fire from being so awesome) behind me. So, maybe more of an action flick?

tumblr_mtsdnpjPNu1rld3goo1_500.jpg

Wolverine-006.jpg

G-Fuel-Gunship-300x223.jpg

sshot-181.png

This is a really good thought. ehh... that sounds weird. Meaning: very possible.  Way to think outside the box!

Obviously that's what happened.... those freakin' Nazis, man...

I've baked with it a couple times... the one time i made those chocolate chip cookies they were almond flour. Most of the baked goods I make use coconut flour.  My body definitely didn't appreciate the high quantity of sugar, nuts, or ghee haha so who knows...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Omigawd. I'm dying!

Oh, yes. Not saying anything's wrong with almond flour for anyone else. Just saying maybe MY body doesn't love it. Can't bring myself ot eat that last serving of stuffing. But maybe tomorrow. Then the one week period I keep leftovers expires. 

Last night - what a fail at sleep. Haven't been that frustrated with sleep in a long time. 

I was exhausted from yard work. Like it was insanely hard. It was really hot here yesterday. And windy. And since I laid some top soil, mowing was super-dusty. I got inside and thought, "I'm sleeping well tonight!" So either the caffeine caught up to me, or the adrenal gland supplements I'm taking shouldn't be taken after early afternoon, or it was just a sleep fluke. I fell asleep for about 40 minutes and woke up to my Twitter account being hacked. What the heck? THe email said don't click on any links you don't trust (I don't). And if you do, don't sign in again (I've never done that). And dont' sign in to Twitter anywhere other than from our home page (I don't). THe only other thing was suggesting to revoke access to apps you don't use anymore. I had two older apps from before Twitter had apps (one for an old phone, one for an iPad). Maybe one of them went rogue. Anyway, it freaks me out when my privacy's compromised. So it's possible that contributed to it. But I havnen't been doing the sleep a half hour and wake up thing in awhile. Blah. 

So I was up until five and finally fell asleep. I could have slept til noon. But got up at 6:30. Had to work today. 

I think I've decided to do the skin stuff for my next AAT treatment. I think she said I can do three things at once. It's all oil-related. I'm going to ask her about sweat glands, too. Since sweat's a trigger. But it could be the sweat + the oil and fixing the oil and sebaceous glands will fix the problem. I hope so. I hate that I avoid or dread workouts (before and after) sometimes (and more frequently) since I know sweating a lot makes me break out. Lots of people say once they get going they stop breaking out, but it seems to be an on-going thing for me. And it goes in waves. Some times are worse than others. This time there's only two breakouts under my chin. But with my face clearing, they're frustrating.

Tonight: I'm over-seeding my lawn. And going the hell to bed! No plans tomorrow and it's supposed to rain. Maybe I'll make some soup or a roast in the crockpot. And I intend to lift like the wind! (That's for you, MP!)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Oh yeah, totes.  I mean, nuts are generally an offender. And your body... just likes to F with you (my new theory). Boooo bad leftovers :(

UGH. only 1.5 hours sleep? You're a freakin' troupa! God, I'm sorry. That's awful.

When's your next AAT appt? 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Well, I guess closer to two hours, since I got that 30-40ish minutes up front. Then was awake until 5. 

It's this afternoon! SO EXCITED if I can avoid the occasional breakouts. The sweat-related breakouts can be really painful or sometimes itchy. And they'll be in weird places. Like on my back, or my chest. Or sometimes even the upper part of the back of my legs. And my hairline. (You know, any spot sweat accumulates and just sits until you shower - and I sort of feel toweling off just rubs the sweat back in and aggravates everything.) They're not places anyone can generally see since I don't wear low cut or backless, but I'd love to be able to workout up to my sister's wedding and not worry about a rogue back or chest breakout! So if it works. WIN! If it doesn't. Then I guess back to the drawing board.

Only downside: It puts pepper treatment off one more treatment. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Woot!  I keep forgetting it's Friday! And I feel like your appts are usually Fridays, right?   I hope the skin stuff works out! 

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Tonight: I'm over-seeding my lawn. And going the hell to bed! No plans tomorrow and it's supposed to rain. Maybe I'll make some soup or a roast in the crockpot. And I intend to lift like the wind! (That's for you, MP!)

159.gif

The nights where I wake up within an hour of going to sleep usually end up with me sleeping very poorly the rest of the night.  

Seriously though, if you're making soup and lifting heavy, I'm coming to stay with you this weekend.  

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Laura- I forgot to mention AAT tells me nuts aren't an issue for me. So that's where i question how much AAT can fix AI-related stuff. Or maybe nut really aren't an issue, and it's too much fat or somethign else happening that's not specific to nuts? Anyway, I'll be interested to see where that goes. I wonder how much of my "food intolerance issues" were misdiagnosed b/c of magnesium. Now that I know mag was causing lots of issues, I question whether dairy ever was a problem. And now question whether some of my issues I thought I had with nuts really were issues, or assumed since they were a random food on a day I used mag. 

Anyway, have to test that more. Nuts didn't used to bother me. 

159.gif

The nights where I wake up within an hour of going to sleep usually end up with me sleeping very poorly the rest of the night.  

Seriously though, if you're making soup and lifting heavy, I'm coming to stay with you this weekend.  

Yes, come. Stay. Rain + soup + lifting sounds like a great weekend! Just need to decide which soup. Once upon a time I made a cheeseburger soup that was delicious. I'll see if I can play with that recipe. 

Alright, here's my feedback on vitamin B. She'll retest at my appointment, but I took a vitamin B supplemetn this morning. I BELIEVE I'd worked out fairly certainly that the supp made me sick to my stomach. I changed up my supps and added back some I hadn't been taking. And I started feeling sick. I kept taking them and eliminating one a day. Vitamin B finally made the difference. Didn't take it for three days (but took the others). Felt fine. Added back B, felt sick. Stopped taking it. Have been fine since.

Today was the first time I've taken B again. And so far, so good. I DID take it and eat almost right after, though. Although I think I did the same before. It's jsut been awhile so I can't remember. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Oh yeah, that's right. See. Your body is just tricky!

When I had all that face tingling stuff going on I went to the doc (you may recall) and they gave me a vit b shot (I forget which-12 or 6, i think 12) and my face went CRAZY with tingles. It was nuts.

Anyhow.. that was random but I felt like sharing.

Also, I wonder if you're allergic to vitamin B?!?! Did the doc mention anything? Are you supplementing with that at all? What if you try to take any supplements with it out fo ra week and see if any of your symptoms improve?

Shh!!! Haha... now we're all paranoid about being allergic to vitamins/minerals. Who even knew that was a thing?

Can't argue with science!

Wait, you can do up to three things at once? I'm confused. I thought you could only do one treatment at a time.

Some things go together. Like all of the minerals. In the sebaceous gland stuff it's the gland, the oil, and one other thing. They all go together.

Update: I ended up telling her my issue with working out, specifically hot yoga, and how I have breakouts after almost all the time. She suggested checking sweat and sweat glands. Of course, both are a problem. So she weighed one against the other, and sweat won as the bigger offender. I was allergic to everything (there are a lot of things in sweat!) in sweat except two items. One was nicotinic acid, which only stood out because i thought of nicotine, and that's a nightshade. But turns out it has to do with niacin (which is a B vitamin, which I've been treated for). I can't remember the other one. But there were things like lactic acid, urea, ammonia, (I think there were fifteen things total). Allergic to all but two. And she had to re-treat my organs a few times.

Strangest part - one of the things that didn't come up - immune system. Assumed with all of the AI stuff that woudl come up for everything. (It did for B vitamin, but not for minerals or this.) SO INTERESTING. I wish I were taking better notes. I feel like I'm seeing a body in a whole new perspective. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I. Know. See above about "I feel like I'm seeing the body in a whole new perspective." 

Seriously! It's so fascinating. I definitely want to put AAT on my "Someday" list having watched your experience from afar.

I found my Vitamin D today, and I seriously had this moment where I paused before I took it because now I'm questioning EVERYTHING! :)

Also, I wonder if you're allergic to vitamin B?!?! Did the doc mention anything? Are you supplementing with that at all? What if you try to take any supplements with it out fo ra week and see if any of your symptoms improve? 

I never would have thought it a possibility, but seriously... now.. I'm all... O.O  Between this and BB's story about the wheat harvest I'm like..well duh!

Can't argue with science!

Wait, you can do up to three things at once? I'm confused. I thought you could only do one treatment at a time.

For science!

Story of my life.

Seriously! It's so fascinating. I definitely want to put AAT on my "Someday" list having watched your experience from afar.

I found my Vitamin D today, and I seriously had this moment where I paused before I took it because now I'm questioning EVERYTHING! :)

Right. Me too.  I'm tempted to find out if my insurance covers anything from that place... but I probably need a few less tests in my life right now haha

As someone who's:

1. Experiencing it
  2. Was at the end of my rope with AIP stuff and tracking and being my own science experiment only to have inconclusive conclusions and what seemed like trigger foods that didn't always trigger
  3. Seeing everything differently now 

Here's my advice: Track everything. Track your food. Track your supplements (and consider fillers in supplements as well as teh supplement itself). Track your workouts. Then try to see trends much bigger than just with foods.

For example, with the breakouts, I TRULY thought it was a food I was eating before working out and my body sweating it out was the problem. So I thought, "Maybe eating a little bit of X isn't the issue UNLESS I workout that day." For real. I never thought about the stuff in sweat. Or that I could be allergic to my sweat glands! Or vitamins and minerals. Or my own organs. Hell, she told me a story today about her nephew who was allergic to something in WATER! WATER!! The one thing everyone says everyone can handle. Not him. He was going to the bathroom many times a day. The teacher thought he was doing ti for attention, and even sited him as disruptive. Doctors couldn't find anything and wanted to perform bladder surgery! Nope, treated him for water. (First they treated his bladder and that stuff with no improvement.) Boom. Water fixed it. There was a component of water that's in most water that was causing the issue. 

Another story about two girls who had eczema (I think?). The mom thought it was things like chemicals in foods, dyes, etc.or commen allergens (like wheat, dairy, etc.). That's what all of this stuff says. They checked and ended up treating someof that stuff. Never fixed it. So she suggested trying some parts of the skin, like sebaceous glands and sweat. And the sweat fixed them. She said, "I think if we had done that first, it might have been all they needed." But it's a bit of a crap shoot, and being willing to say, "OK, what do you think" and letting go of what you've read or your preconceived notions of x food being worse than y. 

Unique effin' snowflakes, people. We have to embrace that.

Hell, my body likes food dyes, fake sugar, and food additives and preservatives. But doesn't like some berries, fruits, peppers, eggs, wheat and dairy. Doesn't make sense. Aside from wheat, all things people think are healthy. But people ride me all the time for drinking diet pop. I've eliminated it. I know it's not good for me, but there's never been any improvement from cutting it out. My body's stupid. 

And I also have to accept that I've assumed some things wrong or misconstrued them. Like the dairy thing. I would have bet a million dollars the dairy was the problem. Refused at first to believe it was magnesium. Until I stopped taking it until it was treated. Night and day. Couldn't fathom. Thought it was a scam to make me treat four things before peppers and eggs. 

Now I see a bigger picture. And knowing peppers and eggs for sure seems almost freeing. So I want to treat things I can't control - like vitamins and minerals, sweat glands, etc.

I'm still in the "This is money I've set aside for this "experiment" phase." But quickly approaching the end of the funds where I need to either conclude this is working and budget monthly for it. Or conclude it doesn't work. I think I need to treat peppers for that. So next week, I'll do vitamins A and C. Then treat peppers. And really test.

The magnesium difference is ALMOST enough. But peppers is something I'm VERY sensitive to now. Breakouts in less than 6 hours. And with very little exposure to peppers.

And if I can do hot yoga twice without breakouts, that'll do me well, too, but I need to go twice to prove it, and I only go once a week. So taht's a long wait. And I'm out of town at training week after next. So I really want to try peppers. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I never would have thought it a possibility, but seriously... now.. I'm all... O.O  Between this and BB's story about the wheat harvest I'm like..well duh!

For science!

Story of my life.

Right. Me too.  I'm tempted to find out if my insurance covers anything from that place... but I probably need a few less tests in my life right now haha

Let me feel really conclusive about it before you waste money. My insurance DOESN'T cover it. Initial testing was $165. Each treatment is $110. It adds up. QUICK. But when you're pushing into depression zone, crying, and becoming reclusive, you start to put money aside for "something, even if it doesn't work." And this is the "something" I finally decided on. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I also wonder if the wheat things could be whatever you treat the wheat with, too. My mom thinks that's what's causing several young farm-raised guys (around our age) to get diagnosed with brain tumors in the past few years - so they would have been around wheat (both families grow wheat, I think, and probaly other crops) their whole lives, and are your and BBs age.

One of the guys' dads also had some weird reaction the past two years, around the same time each year.

My mom thinks it's either when they treat it or being around it after it's treated. I totally agree with that. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I also wonder if the wheat things could be whatever you treat the wheat with, too. My mom thinks that's what's causing several young farm-raised guys (around our age) to get diagnosed with brain tumors in the past few years - so they would have been around wheat (both families grow wheat, I think, and probaly other crops) their whole lives, and are your and BBs age.

One of the guys' dads also had some weird reaction the past two years, around the same time each year.

My mom thinks it's either when they treat it or being around it after it's treated. I totally agree with that. 

Ooh, that's something I didn't consider. I wonder if it was sprayed with something that just caused a skin irritation. I'll probably never know, but that's a very plausible scenario also. There's a lot of dust put out by harvesting, so it could really be anything that makes up that dust.

The crap they put on our food terrifies me to ingest. But as a person with MANY friends who are farmers, it scares me more for their constant exposure and long-term health. My dad's age of people just suffered arthritis and that kind of thing b/c they didn't have the nice machinery as now. But now they have the nice machinery, but also all of the "advancements" like Monsanto. 

As for the sweat, I asked, especially since I'm over-seeding and will for sure sweat. And she said, "When you do any organ thing, we can't make you stop using the organ. Skin is sort of the same way." She did suggest I wait several days before "testing" hot yoga. So.... Who knows. I have to do my yard now or never. I don't have another weekend. And it's getting cool more and more often. So time's running out! Not that my yard is more important than my health. But since I'll likely sweat anyway, like you said, She said don't worry about it, so I won't.

I exposed myself to some B vitamins and those seemed to take, too. So I'll try to limit sweating by taking more breaks? Wearing light clothes. That's all I've got. I'm a sweater. So is my dad. Pa Squat. Your fault! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

It's like a mini-series, right? "What happens next? Will Squatcake find out that magnesium's been cheating on her with Vitamin C? Who really killed the peppers? Was it... DUN DUN DUN..... gluten?! Tune in next time to find out."

Seriously.  I just found out SS was druid-ing this time around, and have read the thread like  O.O  

SS.  Holy crap, woman.  I am totally fascinated and will be creeping your thread inappropriately.

Amazon Warrior
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Druid Side Project
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."--Annajanska, George Bernard Shaw

Seriously.  I just found out SS was druid-ing this time around, and have read the thread like  O.O  

SS.  Holy crap, woman.  I am totally fascinated and will be creeping your thread inappropriately.

Creep on! My thread welcomes such things!

Alright, so this weekend, weird stuff that probably isn't related to the sweat gland thing, but I was hyper-aware because of it. I'm SO HOPEFUL I go bak today and the sweat gland thing 'stuck.' But on Friday night when I took a shower, my armpits were rough and they hurt. That never happens. It felt kind of like razor rash (the pain), and the roughness was similar to the time I made my own deodorant and it went awry and my skin started peeling off. My solution, of course, was to put coconut oil on them and let them kind of work it out. By last night they were mostly back to normal. 

I also kept having this hot stinging sensation on my face that reminded me of the feeling I get when I get a sunburn. Except I wasn't in the sun. 

And my face is about a C- right now .Either I accidentally ate peppers or eggs, or something else is going on with food. Or it's backlash from all the dirt and sweating Thursday and Friday night with the yard work. 

Plan this week is still to treat vitamins A & C and then peppers! I feel like there's peppers in a lot of stuff, and I think it's possible I'm getting cross-contaminated every time I take a bite of something. I also think it's possible things that bother me six months ago (spices, sauces like buffalo sauce or other hot sauces that don't have chunks of peppers in them) are bothering me now. And I did have some buffalo sauce. Since I always want to blame something, that's what I'm blaming. Whether I'm right on not, we may never know!

Next, I'll do my weekly wrap-up. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines