Strawberry Squatcake - How To Survive A Wedding In One Million Traumatic Steps

Strawberry Squatcake

1. Get my AAT and Full Health Scan testing done. Develop a treatment plan. Follow as aggressively as possible.- This is going really well. I feel the urge to pull back the reins since I'll have used up the funds I originally allotted toward treatment. So after this week's treatment, I'm going to cut back to one treatment a week, and see if that's feasible with the budget. I'll progress much more slowly, but peppers will be done. I'll do eggs next. And that's really my biggest trigger foods. Assuming those actually go away once treated. I'll be in a much better place for seeing what other triggers I have. As much as treating things like wheat would be convenient, or treating indoor and outdoor allergens would be very nice, I have to remind myself, the goal is to get back to where I was as quickly as possible (which is mostly peppers and eggs and clear skin). I can't expect total healing so quickly. At least not without going into debt! Grade: A

2. Until I get treatment for my known trigger foods (eggs, dairy, tomatoes, peppers and wheat) – keep avoiding those foods. So far, this is going well. I did eat some buffalo sauce, which didn't used to bother me. I was craving something spicy, so I mixed some sauce with some chicken and put it over a salad. It was delicious and hit the spot. I'd tested buffalo sauce (and other hot sauces like Tabasco, Dave's Insanity Sauce, etc.) in the past. So either I simply had too much too fast, or I'm progressing with sensitivity, or there's a different issue that caused my face problems. I'm trying not to dwell too much. I'm taking lots of vitamin D to heal, and focusing on Thursday, when I'll get treated for peppers! Since I did eat the buffalo sauce, I'll give myself a C.  Grade C

3. Stay up on the housework. Had a fantastic weekend around the house (in and out). Got all of my yard work done, which isn't really the goal, but getting it done Friday night freed me up for cooking on Saturday. Finished the week's cooking. And that freed me up Sunday for cleaning! I deep cleaned stuff I normally don't have time for like my spice cabinet and one pantry. I looked thru my lazy susan and didn't clean it out completely, but sorted stuff a little bit and determined there wasn't anything I need to toss. I cleaned my bedroom, including dusting and vacuuming under the bed. I also cleaned both spare bedrooms pretty deep. Plus my stove and sink are scrubbed clean (two things that make my kitchen feel really clean). And I'm caught up on laundy. So I'm giving myself an A. Probably deserve an A+! Grade A

Grade for the week: B+

I'm going out of town this weekend for a wedding, then coming back in town Sunday, and going BACK out of town for training. So the goal this week is to get packed for both of those trips and stay up on the housework so I can come home to a clean house. I hate coming home to a dirty house. Since I'll be drinking at the wedding, and staying in a hotel and likely not eating very well, I only want one meal out this week. 

Luckily the coworker I'm traveling with next week is really big on healthy diet. So we should hopefully be able to make some good food decisions while out of town. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

AAT Update: Did vitamin C today. I didn't expect anything special from A or C, so I didn't wait to report back. But, I cam back with an actual vitamin C allergy (specifically ascorbic acid). So, that's interesting. I tried to do some research on ascorbic acid allergies, but didn't come back with a lot. I suppose it doesn't matter. 

Here's what's weird. She treated me and said, "Normally I tell people to avoid citrus fruits, maybe juices since they can be higher in vitamin C." But one of the foods that came back OK for me was citrus fruits. 

Anyway, it's an "IgA free" allergy. I don't know anything about allergies. She said that it is classified as a real allergy and not just a problem/intolerance. And she said it would actually come back on a test and allergy doctor gives. So, who knows. She said I don't do anything different than other things we've treated - just don't supplement for 24 hours. I have a face oil that has vitamin C in it, so I'll avoid that, too. 

We'll see how it goes! I'll treat vitamin A on Wednesday, and peppers on Thursday! YAY PEPPERS! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

For whatever reason, I've been lagging at getting back into heavy lifting. Every time I start to lift, I think about my stupid wonky back. So I know that's part of it (I don't want to get hurt right before my sister's wedding). But I also know that I won't be happy with my muscle definition (or lack thereof) if I don't get back to pretty heavy lifting. This (or its more scientific counterpart) article may be just what I needed. It says squats (8-12 reps, reps 9-12 should be REALLY hard - 3-5 sets) are the key to adding muscle because legs the largest group of muscles, and release the most hormones. Hormones needed for muscle growth. 

My name is Strawberry SQUATcake. I need to start living up to my name again! 

I didn't workout last night like planned. That's probably good b/c my plan was to just ride my bike. Not that that's a bad workout at all, but now I'm kind of glad I saved my legs and can use them for squats tonight! I ended up suddenly feeling super-tired, and taking a longer than planned nap. When I woke up I felt sick. Like really sick. Once I finally got back to sleep I slept OK. And today my stomach is back to normal. So I'm not sure what that was. Two of my nephews have a stomach bug, and I was around one of them this weekend. So I suspect it was my body fighting that off. The worst feeling of it (I didn't get sick or anything, but I never throw up) lasted about an hour. And then another hour trying to coax myself back to sleep. All in all, I got 10 hours of sleep. I still feel tired today, but no upset stomach at all. So hopefully the worst is over! 

I had some weird stuff going on yesterday afternoon that may have been random seasonal/outdoor allergies with the seasons changing. Or maybe it's related to my vitamin C treatment? Not sure. The outside of my shoulder started itching early afternoon. As the day went on, the itching spread and was onto my back. The shoulder was hot to the touch, and started welting. Then the tops of my knees started itching. It was so bad, I couldn't focus. I finally took one Benadryl and the welting went down but the shoulder was still hot to the touch. Today that's all fine, too. Could have been caused by anything, and maybe it all ties back to the nausea I had later in the day. Or maybe the welting was from one thing, the sickness was a stomach bug. I'll never know! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

The crap they put on our food terrifies me to ingest. But as a person with MANY friends who are farmers, it scares me more for their constant exposure and long-term health. My dad's age of people just suffered arthritis and that kind of thing b/c they didn't have the nice machinery as now. But now they have the nice machinery, but also all of the "advancements" like Monsanto. 

But some of those advancements have actually improved the health of farmers - there's a respiratory condition that got called in layperson speak, "farmer's lung" which happens when you breath in mould spores.  Technological advancements have reduced that incidence.  Plus, the herbicides/pesticides are much safer now than they were the generation before.  Accidental exposure to dangerous chemicals was a huge problem, but now, not so much.  The herbicides/pesticides are safer and there is more education/awareness/technology to help farmers avoid those issues.  And the GM crops have reduced the use of those pesticides/herbicides all around, regardless of anyone's particular feelings re: GM, that is one thing that has happened.  I'm assuming our Dad's are similar ages, but people his age and younger have reaped most of these benefits.  Prior, there were a lot more farming specific health issues. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of some of the stuff Monsanto gets up to, but it was companies like them that made those advancements possible as well.  

SS!  SKWATZ!  

Also, I get funky itchy weirdness like you mentioned--the welting and hot and having it move around--have gotten it since I was a teenager.  My doctor at the time deemed it stress hives, but it still happens sometimes, even when I'm not actively stressing about anything.  I wonder if it's that I actually have an allergy, or maybe I'm allergic to the stress hormones?  Idk, just randomly rattling on in your thread.  Benadryl is a lifesaver, though--I have had some CRAZY reactions in my time (I'm allergic to stuff like dandruff shampoo and several kinds of medication), and Benadryl has been a huge help.  

Amazon Warrior
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Druid Side Project
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."--Annajanska, George Bernard Shaw

Wow. Okay so I finally just had a chance to read everything. SUPER FASCINATING. Hard to believe all the stuff you have been dealing with. So you are treating peppers tomorrow, is that right?

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

But some of those advancements have actually improved the health of farmers - there's a respiratory condition that got called in layperson speak, "farmer's lung" which happens when you breath in mould spores.  Technological advancements have reduced that incidence.  Plus, the herbicides/pesticides are much safer now than they were the generation before.  Accidental exposure to dangerous chemicals was a huge problem, but now, not so much.  The herbicides/pesticides are safer and there is more education/awareness/technology to help farmers avoid those issues.  And the GM crops have reduced the use of those pesticides/herbicides all around, regardless of anyone's particular feelings re: GM, that is one thing that has happened.  I'm assuming our Dad's are similar ages, but people his age and younger have reaped most of these benefits.  Prior, there were a lot more farming specific health issues. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of some of the stuff Monsanto gets up to, but it was companies like them that made those advancements possible as well.  

Obviously I could be wrong. It will be years before we know for sure, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I've watched a number of farmers suffer with weird medical conditions, and watched them die very slowly from cancer. Most people around town assume it's farming-related, but it's like they think "this is their fate as farmers." Specifically, I watched the dad of a couple I babysat for get diagnosed then wither away for years. Even the doctors said it was probably from something with farming. And shortly after he died his brother was diagnosed (much earlier probably b/c of his brother) with cancer as well. There was no history of any type of cancer anywhere in their family. 

I know I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll convince me. My mom even freaks out about my sisters and I and my dad putting fertilizer on our lawns a few times a year or spraying around our houses for bugs. And I totally agree. No one should be around those chemicals if they can help it. So being around them all the time? System overload. 

Anyway, I don't want to argue about it because we both believe what we believe. And we're both entitled to our opinions. So cheers to differing opinions! 

SS!  SKWATZ!  

Also, I get funky itchy weirdness like you mentioned--the welting and hot and having it move around--have gotten it since I was a teenager.  My doctor at the time deemed it stress hives, but it still happens sometimes, even when I'm not actively stressing about anything.  I wonder if it's that I actually have an allergy, or maybe I'm allergic to the stress hormones?  Idk, just randomly rattling on in your thread.  Benadryl is a lifesaver, though--I have had some CRAZY reactions in my time (I'm allergic to stuff like dandruff shampoo and several kinds of medication), and Benadryl has been a huge help.  

I'm definitely not stressed right now. I can't figure out what's causing it! It might be environmental. The only weird thing is I'm not congested or sneezing, which normally comes with outdoor allergies. 

I did the SKWATZ!! Nothing impressive, but squats! And they felt good (albeit were taxing in a cardio way, but I was aiming for 10 reps instead of five - five reps were no problem). YAY! 

Wow. Okay so I finally just had a chance to read everything. SUPER FASCINATING. Hard to believe all the stuff you have been dealing with. So you are treating peppers tomorrow, is that right?

Yes, it's so neat. Peppers are THURSDAY! I'm scared to even try to reintroduce them. But I'll get her advice when she treats me. I'm also a little timid about getting treated at all. I hav eanother wedding to attend this weekend and I only have one major breakout I'm hopeful will be done by Saturday. So I'd hate to cause more breakouts with the treatment. But, if I do, and it's the last time peppers make me breakout, I guess it's for the greater good! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Last night I did a cardio workout (step aerobics - I know, don't ban me from NF, there's this one workout I love and it was calling me). It's the most cardio I've done in a long time and for a few spells I wanted to vomit. Spoiler: I didn't. After that I did squats. Some warmup reps, then I decided to go "easy" and go with 65 pounds (the heavies squats I've been doing is with 15-20lb dumbbells, so at most 40lbs). 45 pounds felt too easy and always makes me feel a little off balance. So I did 65. And I was like, "Man, this will be too light." Nope. The first five reps were super-easy. But by the 8th rep I was struggling cardiovascular-ly. And I really struggled to get to the 10th rep (on one set I only got to 9). After that I did some pushups and some core work. And called it a night. I'm going to try to work some squats into every workout, if I can. 

My legs are a little sore today. Mostly tired feeling. Could be from the cardio or the squats. It's nice to be a little sore. 

Today I treat for vitamin A. After that I think all of my vitamins and minerals are in line. I need to remember to start supplementing for these things because I'm probably deficient in them. I'm just so used to not taking any of them b/c they upset my stomach or whatever, that it's hard to remember to add them to my morning pills. 

Tomorrow: PEPPERS!!! YAY! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I did the SKWATZ!! Nothing impressive, but squats! And they felt good (albeit were taxing in a cardio way, but I was aiming for 10 reps instead of five - five reps were no problem). YAY! 

As they should. Anything over 5 reps is cardio.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Last night I did a cardio workout (step aerobics - I know, don't ban me from NF, there's this one workout I love and it was calling me). It's the most cardio I've done in a long time and for a few spells I wanted to vomit. Spoiler: I didn't. After that I did squats. Some warmup reps, then I decided to go "easy" and go with 65 pounds (the heavies squats I've been doing is with 15-20lb dumbbells, so at most 40lbs). 45 pounds felt too easy and always makes me feel a little off balance. So I did 65. And I was like, "Man, this will be too light." Nope. The first five reps were super-easy. But by the 8th rep I was struggling cardiovascular-ly. And I really struggled to get to the 10th rep (on one set I only got to 9). After that I did some pushups and some core work. And called it a night. I'm going to try to work some squats into every workout, if I can. 

vXtAk.gif

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

hey, step aerobics is fun. and it's a workout. 

no banning necessary. 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

As they should. Anything over 5 reps is cardio.

Yes, and I'd been doing 10-15 reps with the 30-40lb dumbbells (total). But the reps come faster in the videos I was doign, so i feel like I focused less on depth. So, my bad! d

vXtAk.gif

Haha! YES! +1,000

hey, step aerobics is fun. and it's a workout. 

no banning necessary. 

My near-puking agrees. Although my lack of cardiovascular endurance is a big problem. It reminds me of BroScienceLife during his playlist video, where he says to get on the treadmill and run at 10 for 2 minutes as loudly as you can because you have no cardio endurance. that's me! I'm a gym bro!

Allergy update: Did vitamin A. Bad news: I had one more food thing to fix before I can do peppers. It's just money, right? So I scheduled a second appointment today. Just a quick search tells me these are food phenolics. This made no life-altering revelations for me. And when tested, came out lower as a priority than A, which was lower than C, which was lower than sweat stuff, which was lower than B, which was lower than minerals.... 

So, I expect little to no change from that. I did read something last night on vitamin A and AI stuff. SO I need to figure out what I need to supplement. Excited for potential improvement from that! 

And still tomorrow, peppers!! 

(I ended up doing the food phenolics instead of NF Academy, which I was tossing around. So anyone doing that class will have to keep me updated on how you like it. Maybe I'll do it later.)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

So, this is interesting. I was looking at a "what your body needs when you keep craving..." Once upon a time, I started craving tomato sauce in all forms. I'd order breadsticks or something, and then dip out tablespoons of sauce. (I realize now I should have just bought sauce, but my brain wasn't working.) I craved everything with tomatoes, especially tomato sauce. I finally told my friend, "I can't stop craving pizza/spaghetti sauce! HELP!" And she's like, 'Obviously you're deficient in something. Or pregnant. Or dying." I didn't think it was the latter two, so I went to the Googler. There it was - magnesium deficiency! AND I had ALL of the signs - cramping muscles (charley horses and cramping during warmups of workouts - which was making me dread working out, muscle fatigue (not from not being strong enough or tired, just weird general weakness), muscle twitching, tension headaches, backaches, constipation, irregular heartbeat, insomnia, this weird swallowing thing I was having all the time and was torture, higher blood pressure (still normal, but my BP used to be like 105/60), etc. You name it, I had almost all of it. 

So, simple - SUPPLEMENT ALL THE MAGNESIUM!

Only, that didn't help. I supplemented 100% DV, then 200%, I was up to 5 or 6 or 10 times the daily value. Nothing was helping. Finally I heard about magnesium oil. And it helped ALL of the muscle stuff, but only on the muscles I sprayed directly on (when it was supposed to take it in thru the skin, and direct all over my whole body where needed). I DID occasionally get sudden onset stomach upset (which I'd assumed meant, there, that's enough! since too much magnesium can give you diarrhea). 

Anyway, now that I know of my magnesium intolerance and my body fighting it off, that's probably where the stomach upset was coming from. It was for sure causing face breakouts. And I think it was making my weird eye AI thing flare. 

All of that is gone! I had eye flare at the wedding I officiated, but that's also brought on by stress. And stressed I was! I haven't had a charley horse. I haven't had irregular heartbeat since I got treated. I haven't had cravings for anything tomato (that was torture when I was trying to follow AIP to be craving so bad). While I do feel my cardio limitations, I DON'T have muscle cramping early in a workout, and almost think I should try jogging again. 

And then today I read, "If you're craving chocolate, you're probably magnesium deficient." This rings true to me because guess what? I DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE! But I was craving it almost every single day. My head would say, "You don't even like it" But my cravings would say, "FEED MEEEEEE!" And half the time I'd give in. I'd eat it and wouldn't even like it. Since I got treated, I haven't had one single chocolate thing. And now my cravings match with my brain. The other day I was craving sugar, went to the vending machine and stared in it. Before ALL the chocolate would call to me. And now I'm like, "Meh. I guess the Starbursts look OK." But really I am just hungry. And end up getting almonds. Or nothing at all. 

It's like I've been set free!!

I mean, I still don't eat perfectly. I still eat out twice a week and eat pretty much whatever I want (except peppers and eggs, and I avoid gluten but not 100%). And I still crave things. But guess what else? Since I got the magnesium treatments, some of the junk I was craving and tasted so good? Doesn't taste so good anymore. Pizza was a huge one. The last two times I've had pizza, I've been underwhelmed. So now I've started craving much less frequent foods. Like Thai food. Or Vietnamese. I still get a decent amount of cravings for spicy foods (hence the Thai). But I'm not craving a pizza b/c I want the sauce. 

Tomorrow i get treated for peppers. I cannot wait. Like so excited I can't sleep wait! The woman treating me said that while not everyone can get it in one treatment, or symptoms improve but there are lots of components of the problem, lots of people have one treatment of the food, and boom, life-changing. That's how it was for her with eggs, dairy and wheat. She said she treated her digestive juices first, and then those things. 

I'm rambling. 

I'm really here to say that about the peppers tomorrow. TOMORROW!

And then that I've been doing the second Druids challenge every single night. Enjoying the silence. I have a point where it gets a bit maddening when I'm laying in bed. But I've been not putting any background noise on while I clean, and it's been pretty nice. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Anyway, I don't want to argue about it because we both believe what we believe. And we're both entitled to our opinions. So cheers to differing opinions! 

Wasn't trying to argue, just sharing an alternate viewpoint, coming from a farm kid turned scientist.  Of course we will each continue to believe what we believe.  And cheers right back at ya!  I've always liked our food/farming back and forths, even though we hardly ever agree.  I think it is valuable for me to gain some perspective beyond my particular bubble.

Good luck with the peppers!!  Excited to hear how it works out for you!

Wasn't trying to argue, just sharing an alternate viewpoint, coming from a farm kid turned scientist.  Of course we will each continue to believe what we believe.  And cheers right back at ya!  I've always liked our food/farming back and forths, even though we hardly ever agree.  I think it is valuable for me to gain some perspective beyond my particular bubble.

Good luck with the peppers!!  Excited to hear how it works out for you!

Didn't mean we WERE arguing, I just didn't want to START arguing. Anyway...

tumblr_mdn5c0qdmO1rsy0lf.gif

So, yesterday did food phenolics. Or whatever they were. Man, I reacted to EVERYTHING. And she had to retreat me on a few of them. And my arm where she had the cuff started itching like crazy. May have been a weird coincidence since I've been itchy (today, no itching!). But she took it off, and my arm was all red and I scratched for an hour after.

Today, peppers! I am SO excited for this. I started looking online and got some mixed reviews on food treatments. Peopel saying, "My symptoms decreased but didn't go away, so they're searching for what other component of <insert food> might be the issue." I don't want to get caught in that loop. If I can get to where I have a tolerance to eat some without a breakout, I'm going to be happy with it. Or if my breakouts aren't out of control, huge, cystica acne, that would be nice. You know, if I can at least cover with concealer makeup. 

Last night I went for a semi-short (under 2 miles) interval sprint/walk along with some jogging. I think it was too much cardio between that and step the night before. My shins weren't happy. My endurance felt OK for as long as it's been. And my shins are sore today, but not terribly so. I have set a random goal to be able to complete this one really hard step video that's an hour long by the end of the challenge. I won't just be doing that video, but I'll be doing all kinds of stuff to improve my cardio endurance, including higher rep/heavier weights. Working more in the 7-10 reps range. It's a random goal that I can approach a ton of different ways. 

After the run I did some weights. I did a lot of lunges and reverse lunges/dips. And paired that with tons of upper body stuff like pec flies, curlz (yes, it's true), OHP, bench, triceps, etc. Just basically wanted to get my swell on. It's vain, but with my sister's wedding coming up, I don't mind doing some accessory work. Oh, and core. Ugh core. And I am a little sore today in the upper bod. 

I also did more mobility. Mostly leg stuff. A lot of calf stretches b/c my calves were tight since my shins were grumpy. I did some twisty stuff for my back. A lot of wrist work. Some meditative stuff. A decent amount of pigeon. And I've decided this is my favorite mobility thing right now.

LyingWallGroin.jpg

Recommended to my sister for her sore adductor muscles from running. And I was all, "Ahhhhhh."

I have dinner plans tonight, but with a 2 hour window of "do not eat anything" after allergy treatment, I'm not sure how that'll work out. Treatment's at 5:30 (complete at 6:00 usually) and I can't eat for 2 hours. We're meeting at 7. So I guess if service is REALLY slow, I might be able to eat there. If not, totally worth being awkward to not mess up the peppers treatment! 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Craziness. I've been craving chocolate like crazy lately. I mean. CRAZY. I've had... too much dark chocolate. Fo sho.  Anyhow.  Exciting that all that's gone for you! I'm excited about peppers!!  Do you think they'll take more than one treatment? Didn't Mr. Blueberries have to do a couple treatments for onions?

Also: yay workouts!  But what's with all the cardio before the weights? Is that on purpose? (i vaguely recall you saying you read something about HIIT before lifting helps with something or other... maybe?)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Craziness. I've been craving chocolate like crazy lately. I mean. CRAZY. I've had... too much dark chocolate. Fo sho.  Anyhow.  Exciting that all that's gone for you! I'm excited about peppers!!  Do you think they'll take more than one treatment? Didn't Mr. Blueberries have to do a couple treatments for onions?

Also: yay workouts!  But what's with all the cardio before the weights? Is that on purpose? (i vaguely recall you saying you read something about HIIT before lifting helps with something or other... maybe?)

Chocolate

Well, I haven't been thru PMS post-magnesium fix, I don't think. So I should probably hold off crying, "MIRACLE!" :) Last night at dinner we were all talking about chocolate. And another guy and I were the only two who aren't fans of chocolate. And the way he described chocolate, the taste, the feel, etc. is how I FEEL about chocolate. So it's so weird that I ever craved it or ate it as much as I did. I always compared it to pregnant women who crave chalk (or whatever they crave). They know it's weird, they know it's not right, but they want it so they eat it. And I finally feel like the way I describe/feel about chocolate is the way my body's reacting to it. It's strange to explain, but for some reason that disconnect bothered me these last six or seven years. And I'm happy to have "balance" (for me) back! 

Mr. Blueberries' Treatments

Mr. Blueberries I think had multiple treatments to get to onions (like vitamins and minerals and stuff that are pre-requisites to food), but only one onions treatment. I've heard where parts of the treatment hold but they have to retreat parts. So, for example, maybe all peppers will hold but green peppers, and then they retreat green peppers. I'm not sure if that costs extra. 

I had to get treated for minerals, vitamins A, B and C, and food phenolics before I could do any food. All of those held. The only one I have seen a change with is magnesium (no random breakouts - well, I've been blaming my "random" breakouts now on accidental pepper exposure, or progressing pepper exposure sensitivity (buffalo sauce, for example, which used to not bother me). So, the peppers are the REAL test. 

My Peppers Treatment

So, I had some weird reactions to the pepper treatments. And I'm anxious to see if the fix holds/works. I'll probably test peppers early next week. I had some weird reactions that may have been stress-induced. Or maybe they were treatment induced. She said different people have different reactions. Some of my possible reactions were itching, my eyes burning, a heavy anxiety feeling in my chest, light-headedness and nausea that lasted until I ate (which was 1 hour and 45 minutes later, I couldn't wait two hours - I really hope I don't regret that). I also felt so out of it when I was driving, part of me kept saying, "You should not be driving" but what else was I going to do? I feel like all of that could have been stress related, though. Or maybe it was a real reaction. Who knows? 

Got to bed late last night. Did not want to wake up this morning and am dragging.

And I'm probably going to test eating peppers early next week. I'll likely start with just a little b/c I wont' be able to do an actual retest at the office until next Friday. No need to have a crazy overwhelming breakout. She said it's normal for people to reintroduce slowly because they're afraid of their reactions. So I'll be "normal." 

She also suggested testing onions next week. She said, "Usually when I treat peppers for some reason we also always end up treating onions, or vice versa." I told her I eat onions a LOT, and never seem to have an issue. But I'm not opposed to checking.

My Workout Order (Cardio Before Strength)

In regards to the workout order of cardio then weights... I've read people arguing both sides. My bro-in-law says to do whatever's your priority first b/c you'll have the most energy for whatever you do first. That makes sense to me. Cardio isn't my goal, but I could stand to improve my endurance a lot. So I'm not worried about it being first/getting more priority, if that is in fact true (I've also read strength people say to do cardio first and use everything you have left on strength - so it goes both ways). 

The only reason I'm doing cardio first is it warms up my muscles and gets my blood flowing. I've been feeling super-tight lately and this is an easy way to warmup AND knock out the cardio I want to do.

I generally do cardio, then mobility stuff, then lift, then do mobility/stretching and core. It's working for now as far as I'm actually working out 3-5 times a week. But I honestly don't a plan. I'm just excited to have more energy to workout, so I'm doing whatever suits my fancy when I start to workout. Next challenge I might formulate more of a plan. As of this second, my goal is "don't lose muscle, but lose some fat." So I figure any combo of cardio + strength training, or really any activity at all, is fine by me. 

What's Next

I have an out of town wedding this weekend. Traveling for that. But have to head back early Sunday because I have to turn around and go out of town for work. Not excited about that order of events, but I am excited for the wedding, so I'm trying to tell myself it's worth it. I'm NOT excited for my training next week. Ugh. The training itself or anything about it. Hopefully it won't be as awful as I think it will be. The company is so unorganized and everything is so slow-moving. I don't really get the appeal of this company at all. Their software is OK for now, but with as disconnected and unorganized as they are, as crappy as their website is, and how long it takes to resolve anything, I imagine in 2-4 years we'll hate the software because it's gone downhill. So, that's where most of my dread comes from. 

I hope to eat as well as I can while away from my own food. I'm going to dabble in peppers one time, and probably not too much. So maybe I'll get fajitas and just eat a few bites of peppers. Or I'll order some guacamole, which I've been craving. Who knows. Minimal exposure to test. If it goes OK (I usually have a breakout within 4-8 hours), then I might eat more. If it doesn't go OK, I'll wait until Friday, retest at the chiro's office, and see what she suggests to treat next (I'm leaning toward digestive juices or hormones, but not convinced on that). 

I'm not sure if the hotel we're staying at has a gym in it. If it does, my goal will be to get there twice. If not, I'll do some yoga in my room and maybe some body weight stuff. 

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Chocolate:

Yay for balance! Even if it comes around during pms time it's awesome that it isn't coming around anymore...especially since you're not even a fan. 

Mr. Berries:

Ahhh yes, it's coming back to me now.  I forgot about that.  Fingers still crossed!

Treatment:

Ugh. Sorry you're dragging.  I imagine the stress of going out of town for a wedding (and wanting not to have a breakout) plus the stress of traveling next week isn't helping. 

Workouts:

Gotcha.  Nothing you do seems to be without reason (even if you "don't have a plan")so I just wondered if it was related to all this stuff or not.  Regardless, if it's working for you: awesome!

Good luck with the wedding this weekend! Hope you start feeling energized and zen all at the same time (shh, it can happen!).

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

OMG so much stuff -- I had been wondering why your battle log stopped updating. :D Having found you though I think you may even have said you were doing a druid challenge this round.

Good luck with the wedding and reintroducing things!

I have a friend who is vegan who developed an allergy to nightshades which went on for years and is suddenly able to eat them again for some reason. They are pleased with this turn of events; it'll make going out to eat much more possible and much less annoying.

All of that is gone! I had eye flare at the wedding I officiated, but that's also brought on by stress. And stressed I was! I haven't had a charley horse. I haven't had irregular heartbeat since I got treated. I haven't had cravings for anything tomato (that was torture when I was trying to follow AIP to be craving so bad). While I do feel my cardio limitations, I DON'T have muscle cramping early in a workout, and almost think I should try jogging again.

And then today I read, "If you're craving chocolate, you're probably magnesium deficient." This rings true to me because guess what? I DON'T LIKE CHOCOLATE! But I was craving it almost every single day. My head would say, "You don't even like it" But my cravings would say, "FEED MEEEEEE!" And half the time I'd give in. I'd eat it and wouldn't even like it. Since I got treated, I haven't had one single chocolate thing. And now my cravings match with my brain. The other day I was craving sugar, went to the vending machine and stared in it. Before ALL the chocolate would call to me. And now I'm like, "Meh. I guess the Starbursts look OK." But really I am just hungry. And end up getting almonds. Or nothing at all.

It's like I've been set free!!

Gah! ^That makes me so happy for you!

Treated for peppers on Thursday. Got up the guts to try chipotle on Sunday for lunch. I had chicken (which is marinated in peppers). And mild salsa, which is pick, so tiny bits of jalapeños. I chickened out a little and picked out the jalapeños I saw.mbut wasn't super careful. No breakouts!

As soon as I can try more peppers, I will. Feeling confident. Because even being careful, I would get little tiny breakouts. Probably from the marinade. Or microscopic jalapeño pieces.

Out of town for a wedding this weekend. And out of town for training this week.mlots of away from home/socializing time. And I'm already worn out. Ugh.

But got in a quick workout today. Did some body weight stuff:

20 squats

10 pushups (knee)

20 walking lunges

20 rows (each arm - stuffed my laptop bag, was more awkward than heavy)

Plank

30 jumping jacks

Then I did three sets of six flights of stairs. Not sure why I've never thought Oren stairs at a hotel before! I'm going o try to do them tomorrow and Wednesday, and work up to one more flight each day.

I'm sure this hotel has a gym, but I'm peopled out.

Diet has been ok. Had gluten free pizza last night with Blueberries. (!!!!!!) Had and orange and An English muffin with PB for breakfast (only other options were eggs, oatmeal, other breads and bagels and pastries). Had a great salad (spinach, strawberries, walnuts, blue cheese, cranberries, grilled chicken and house dressing) for lunch. And I passed up all kinds of sweets at the training. Seriously, it was madness. Tonight we might do BBQ. Whatever we have, I need protein. Protein! PROTEIN!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines