• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chairohkey

Shit Warriors Eat

Just wanted to show you warriors how much you inspired me. .... we went to golden corral yesterday after a workout :) this was the second plate that looked almost the same but I was so hungry I didn't think about a pic till it was all bones. ... ;)zy3evygy.jpg:) and then my kids pick on me because -this- is a snack u7ubyre7.jpg (geek yogurt fruit and ham. ... they say is not a small snack it's a giant plate of food :) lol)

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Just wanted to show you warriors how much you inspired me. .... we went to golden corral yesterday after a workout :) this was the second plate that looked almost the same but I was so hungry I didn't think about a pic till it was all bones. ... ;):) and then my kids pick on me because -this- is a snack (geek yogurt fruit and ham. ... they say is not a small snack it's a giant plate of food :) lol) (sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

that's what my snacks look like! i get into too much trouble at buffets though...

Laura, that yogurt looks awesome!

I have a bunch of meat sauce I made up yesterday left over. I thought I could eat a big pile of spaghetti with 1/2 lb ground beef, but my mind was waaay bigger than my stomach. SO now I have a big pile of meat sauce in a container...any ideas that aren't spaghetti again?

You could also always add Quinoa instead of Spaghetti. OOORRR make Spaghetti Squash! For future reference if your eyes are ever bigger than your tummy!

I go vegetarian for periods, when I want to challenge myself (and also when I'm f***ing broke and can't afford meat). I'm a bit of a meat snob, so if it's not GOOD meat, I generally won't buy it.  I'm getting a side of beef and a side of pork for Christmas, so that will carry me through to next autumn, probably.  My wife was a very hardcore vegetarian when we met, and I was a hardcore carnivore, and we've met in the middle as "mostly-veggie omnivores". 

I can confirm a bacon taco (mine wasn't as artistically made) is, in fact, delicious. I'm sure no one was questioning. But I speak from unintentional experience. I did bacon shell + steak + cheese + lettuce + grilled onions. Life was good that morning. (Yes, it was breakfast. No, I wasn't hungover. Although it would be a superb hangover food.) 

I can confirm a bacon taco (mine wasn't as artistically made) is, in fact, delicious. I'm sure no one was questioning. But I speak from unintentional experience. I did bacon shell + steak + cheese + lettuce + grilled onions. Life was good that morning. (Yes, it was breakfast. No, I wasn't hungover. Although it would be a superb hangover food.) 

SS, this is why I heart you. 

I'm going to cure and smoke a fresh ham for Thanksgiving. Well, for breakfast Friday after Thanksgiving. I intend to follow this recipe for curing. I'll rinse and dry it overnight in the fridge. Then smoke it at 250 degrees (apple and cherry chips) until 155 degrees. Smoking will probably have to happen Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Then I'll put it in the fridge and serve for breakfast Friday.

If it matters, this is a ham from a pastured pig. My experience so far is pastured pig isn't different when it comes to cooking than conventional. When I got the pig, I had them cut the whole ham into smaller (3-5 pound) hams. So this is only a portion of a ham.

Suggestions welcome! Don't want my family to be disappointed. :) 

I'm going to cure and smoke a fresh ham for Thanksgiving. Well, for breakfast Friday after Thanksgiving. I intend to follow this recipe for curing. I'll rinse and dry it overnight in the fridge. Then smoke it at 250 degrees (apple and cherry chips) until 155 degrees. Smoking will probably have to happen Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Then I'll put it in the fridge and serve for breakfast Friday.

If it matters, this is a ham from a pastured pig. My experience so far is pastured pig isn't different when it comes to cooking than conventional. When I got the pig, I had them cut the whole ham into smaller (3-5 pound) hams. So this is only a portion of a ham.

Suggestions welcome! Don't want my family to be disappointed. :)

Go ahead and smoke one, then send it to me, and I'll let you know if anything needs fixing.